Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Shame.
But if they are willing to miss out on the holiday season, then clearly the game wouldn't have been in a very good state if it was rushed out the door in December.

Edited by BrightBow

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, she's a fan favorite. I guess I'm just weird. Same with Katherin. Everyone seems to think she's great, but for me she just feels like a shitty myrmidon filled with far greater swordies. Maybe next time I play I should give them both a shot.

Katherin is by far my best non Astrea sword user.

Lance crusher makes her goat

6 hours ago, Dayni said:

This is probably the first designs I've actively liked in all honesty.

*Cries in Hisuian Growlithe*

6 hours ago, Dayni said:

So you didn't get the PC version?

Oh, I was thinking you were waiting for that.

No I had it, I got it as a gift, I just sometimes take forever to start up a game.

6 hours ago, Dayni said:

This is an understandable take on Rindo, that is all I will say on the matter.

Explain yourself.👿 Thanks for the temptation to play more. And making me doubt what I've seen as truth, and that his real personality will end up doing a 180 into a polar vortex that sends him flying into space into a pulsar into a dimension where dinosaurs still rule the Earth and transforms into a lioness before the dawning realization he is the Elder God whom I am the lost child of.

6 hours ago, Dayni said:

Yeah Neku didn't know much of anything about the game and the first week ends up serving a tutorial role.

Thank you for clarifying that. I won't judge NEO unfairly now.

6 hours ago, Dayni said:

As for TWEWY DS, I have a feeling Neku wouldn't think like that at first, considering how he is.

True. The thing about not seeing your companion during combat in the DS original, is that I could readily imagine you forget about them entirely and just focus on your own survival. The approach Neku would've taken at first, even if, IIRC, the Secret Reports outright said Noise fighting was supposed to built up faith between the two.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I haven't checked the gaming news yet today. So thanks for the alert.

It's no biggie, my gaming laptop is already going to be upwards of $1500 before taxes. I don't need a whole lot of games or any other Xmas gifts this year. If I will be getting some games, I'll still have the nice trio of Ys IX, Metroid Dread, and SMTV but my brain tells me to wait for an Atlus sale.

Although, "Spring 2022" is looking like another trifecta period for me now. RF5, Kirby, AW.

All I can say, I hope for the sake of everyone interested that it won't turn into a Star Citizen situation.

9 years in Kickstarter development, and one commenter suggested it will be another nine years before it is finally released.

How have I never heard of such a grand fiasco until just yesterday?

AW shouldn't have the problem. It's just a faithful visual update of two GBA games, with maybe a few unsaid additions. How much effort can it need?

15 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

Katherin is by far my best non Astrea sword user.

Lance crusher makes her goat

I used her once, in my first run. She was deadweight until I was forced to give up on her because I couldn't justify her presence. I just don't see the hype, she's a regular-ass GBA myrmidon surrounded by people who have far more going for them than her. She's not the worst unit in the game, there's a couple cool things that she can do in any run, but nothing beyond that in my experience.

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

"Spring 2022" is looking like another trifecta period for me now.

So it does for me. I'm waiting on a few games on "Spring 2022."

9 years in Kickstarter development, and one commenter suggested it will be another nine years before it is finally released.

O

O

F

AW shouldn't have the problem. It's just a faithful visual update of two GBA games, with maybe a few unsaid additions. How much effort can it need?

Shouldn't need much. But reality is often disappointing.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

she's a regular-ass GBA myrmidon

>Astra

>5 PCC

>Lance crusher (+10 damage against lace user, along with hit, crit and avo bonus)

>One of 3 units with exclusive Wo dao use

>good base mag for use early on (but not after early game i admit)

Gba myrms have none of that

Edited by Shrimp γ

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I wonder what caused this, I can believe Wayforward could be very busy but what set this off I wonder.

Though it coming out in Spring does bring it into close contact with Triangle Strategy now that I think about it.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Cries in Hisuian Growlithe*

Like it's fine and all but I wasn't too wowed by it, it's probably the third best behind Zorua line and Basculegion so far.

Plus we don't know what Arcanine's like yet and if we get another Litten it'd be highly disappointing.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Explain yourself.👿 Thanks for the temptation to play more. And making me doubt what I've seen as truth, and that his real personality will end up doing a 180 into a polar vortex that sends him flying into space into a pulsar into a dimension where dinosaurs still rule the Earth and transforms into a lioness before the dawning realization he is the Elder God whom I am the lost child of.

My reasoning is I don't want to go into spoilery stuff and going into how he reacts to the world and events as he goes could constitute such.

Though that is a long walk for his personality to go down if it does.

Thank you for clarifying that. I won't judge NEO unfairly now.

This kind of stuff is why I'm curious how people inexperienced with TWEWY would judge the sequel.

True. The thing about not seeing your companion during combat in the DS original, is that I could readily imagine you forget about them entirely and just focus on your own survival. The approach Neku would've taken at first, even if, IIRC, the Secret Reports outright said Noise fighting was supposed to built up faith between the two.

With the shared HP it's clear how trusting your partner would be important from a gameplay perspective and with Neku being himself he'd be closed off to that on a fundamental level.

Probably for the best they didn't explore that too hard mechanically.

8 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

>Astra

>5 PCC

>Lance crusher (+10 damage against lace user, along with hit, crit and avo bonus)

>One of 3 units with exclusive Wo dao use

>good base mag for use early on (but not after early game i admit)

Gba myrms have none of that

Well, I will say one thing - my first run was on the first version of SGW. She was worse, back then. Fairly certain her PCC was just 1 and she couldn't use magic swords, period. She was... baaaad. Maybe I should give her more of a chance in a future run.

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Though it coming out in Spring does bring it into close contact with Triangle Strategy now that I think about it

Uh oh

Competition.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This might also come off as surprising coming from me (though haven't I mentioned it before already?), but I've watched Code Geass.

It was okay. My friend is a huge fan. I enjoyed parts of it, though they got way carried away with the obnoxious fanservice, and they seemed to be allergic to killing characters when they very much should have. Like, c'mon, a guy straight up gets nuked and he lives so he can appear in three more scenes and do absolutely nothing. Why?

...so uh, anyway, may I ask what your problem is with CG being in SRW?

Let's just say that after my foray into AH's, I don't have much of an appetite for "Manifest Destiny on Steroids." I can make some self-depreciating humor about which number we Hispanics would be in the WASP paradise that is the Holy Britannia Empire, factoring location and who would be the absolute first on their way.

So yeah, don't have much love for CG. I can tolerate it on SRW, but I wouldn't watch the anime itself. Though I'll admit I get a laugh at all the Pizza Hut memes... and of course, Emperor Oppai. lol

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Look what an interesting thing appeared in my recommendations

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wait, if you don't like Sony, why were you so upset they're releasing an exclusive on PC? Wouldn't you rather PC folks get to play more games than Sony get more money?

Because I have a PS4 and I don't want the money I spent on it to be wasted

4 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

I'm like, 5'7 XD.

I feel puny all of a sudden. 😒

Don't. If memory serves, 5'7 is the height of the typical Japanese male. This is not infrequently the height of JRPG male protagonists as a result, to maximize relatability to the primary audience.

So don't feel puny, feel heroic.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

My reasoning is I don't want to go into spoilery stuff and going into how he reacts to the world and events as he goes could constitute such.

Please oh please oh please don't disappoint me Rindo! Don't overturn my initial, hopeful impression, made in a semi-somnolent state where the subconscious wishes approached the surface of my being.

Were it not for having to take my dogs for a walk, I would've already gotten back to the game, will do so momentarily.

15 minutes ago, Dayni said:

And it's not hard for me to be honest and say I'd pick TS over AW:RC.

Contrariwise here. AW Reboot Camp might be naught but an overpriced visual update, but I've lost a lot of faith in the FFT approach to SRPGs. I don't despite it, but, I don't ever see myself returning to my once well-liked FFTA2, not even in an emulator where I could mach speed past the quagmire that is combat.

O

O

F

Seems like scams for thousands in additional dev funds have kept it alive. I do feel sorry for the initial backers.

The only reason I learned of the game, is that one of its many playable alpha versions added a medicine-gun recently. The MMO-ish game has areas where attacking players is forbidden, but healing them is not. The problem, is that it is possible to overdose on healing medication. So "griefers" -people who derive a twisted sense of pleasure from ruining the game for other players- have been camping out in high-traffic peace zones, waiting for the prey to arrive. Once you've been overdosed, you're left drowsy/unconscious, and the griefers can strip your body of everything except your underwear. The unreleased game really needs to implement a "consent to be healed" mechanic now. Taking the overdose-preventing medication in advance should not be mandatory every time you go into a no-fighting location.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

16 minutes ago, Dayni said:

And it's not hard for me to be honest and say I'd pick TS over AW:RC.

Yeah, same. Though in my case it goes without saying. AW is not to my liking, while TS is a new thing from devs that made a game I like despite being in a genre I don't usually enjoy. I have more faith in TS's potential than a visual update of a game I don't really like.

8 minutes ago, Ghost_06_ said:

Because I have a PS4 and I don't want the money I spent on it to be wasted

Suffer console pleb

I mean, it's not like it isn't coming on PS4 too, right? Besides, the port might not be good. That happens sometimes.

Ch18 would've been a very cool map if it wasn't for every enemy having those annoying stance skills,  sometimes combined even with tower skills and nihil nullifiers

Makes it impossible to do anything on pp

Also all the cool weapons i can't capture because capture is only implemented to be an annoyance more than anything

Edited by Shrimp γ

Another thing I like about Storge is that it has the usual "OP enemy spawns to force you to escape faster" thing that a lot of hacks do. Except the invincible enemy can be defeated, and it is 100% intended, as there's an achievement for it and you unlock something (don't know what yet) if you pull it off.

Actually, it was easier than I thought it'd be. One of the healers you can hire has a 100% chance to put him to sleep at base, then I used the dancer to improve my shaman's hitrate by 50 and casted Hel on him, reducing his HP to 1. Then it was just a matter of bonking him once and he went down. Would've been able to use the dancer again for a guaranteed kill the following turn, but my soldier landed a 59%.

Also, staff armor.

Lum6zvxq o

Armor Emblem. Look at that, c'mon, don't tell me that isn't the cutest thing you've ever seen. Staff armor!

38 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

Ch18 would've been a very cool map if it wasn't for every enemy having those annoying stance skills,  sometimes combined even with tower skills and nihil nullifiers

Makes it impossible to do anything on pp

I don't know, it doesn't feel this way to me. Sure, you can bunker down and defend the throne, but it's much more fun to push through and murder God early. Those boots he's carrying aren't just a joke, they can be obtained just fine.

...Actually, if there is one thing that could be improved, it's telling you that it's possible to end the map by killing God. That makes a mad blitzkrieg to God sound a lot more appealing.

38 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

Also all the cool weapons i can't capture because capture is only implemented to be an annoyance more than anything

I will admit it's a bit weird that chapter 18's enemies have the no-capture skill. But still, I would contest your point about capture. It is just fine in SGW. It's not as vital as it is in Thracia, nor was it ever intended to be, but I don't think it's as bad as you make it out to be.

Particularly, I don't agree with you that GBA's five inventory slots make it difficult to capture properly. Yes, limited inventory space sounds like it'd make capturing hell, but unlike Thracia, you can access the convoy at any time from Astrea. It's bigger than GBA's standard convoy, too. The trick is to take enemies to her so you can unload their shit directly to the convoy before dropping them. Heck, I'd actually argue this makes it less annoying than Thracia at times. I was dropping vulneraries all the time in Thracia because of poor inventory planning.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

but it's much more fun to push through

That's what i am trying to do, but the enemies are way way way too tanky

Especially the stupid stance skills they all seem to have <.<

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

it's telling you

...the game does tell you tho

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

don't tell me that isn't the cutest thing you've ever seen. Staff armor!

Staff armor one true waifu?

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

will admit it's a bit weird that chapter 18's enemies have the no-capture skill.

Not the firstvmap. It's been an annoyance since early game

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, limited inventory space sounds like it'd make capturing hell, but unlike Thracia, you can access the convoy at any time from Astrea.

I'd rather have 8 inventory spaces than micromanagement hell around Astrra

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Contrariwise here. AW Reboot Camp might be naught but an overpriced visual update, but I've lost a lot of faith in the FFT approach to SRPGs. I don't despite it, but, I don't ever see myself returning to my once well-liked FFTA2, not even in an emulator where I could mach speed past the quagmire that is combat.

This is probably the most interested I've been in the style to be honest, I never got into FFT (And Parrhesia essentially murdered the chance of me getting into it for the story) or FFTA2 and FFTA is a bit of a mixed bag for me, while the "copycats" never interested me. Reboot will be itself and from what I remember 2's still great and would probably be the choice for multiplayer of the two.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

'Morning! I have a day off! Yay!

Wraith will probably complain about wasted taxes, ya thief.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, staff armor.

Lum6zvxq o

Heroes did it. 😛

7 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

Well, guess I'm joining in that agreement.

Also I thought Thracia had 7 off the top of my head.

Radiant Dawn is the only FE one with one single eight-slot inventory.

Mystery and PoR also have eight... but as basically two four-slot inventories for weapons and items.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

27 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

That's what i am trying to do, but the enemies are way way way too tanky

Especially the stupid stance skills they all seem to have <.<

Hm. Well, I don't know. It's not an easy map, but it never felt like the enemies were THAT bad to me. Oh, well.

...the game does tell you tho

Hahahahahah

Ruben has the memory of a goldfish!

Staff armor one true waifu?

Possibly. I'm not sure what their gender is, they have very Derrick-esque armor. Just, green and you can kinda see their eyes.

pLszHsbW_o.png

Oh never mind, his bio calls him a he. Fine, then. Best husbando. He's just adorable.

Not the firstvmap. It's been an annoyance since early game

Tough enemies with fancy weaponry being uncapturable is... a necessary evil, I'd say.

Well, okay. That's as fair an opinion as any other.

17 minutes ago, Dayni said:

This is probably the most interested I've been in the style to be honest, I never got into FFT (And Parrhesia essentially murdered the chance of me getting into it for the story) or FFTA2 and FFTA is a bit of a mixed bag for me, while the "copycats" never interested me. Reboot will be itself and from what I remember 2's still great and would probably be the choice for multiplayer of the two.

My only experiences with this type of game are Tactics Ogre and a budget title I got for peanuts called Mercenary Saga. Didn't get too far in either. But I have faith. These guys managed to make a JRPG I could enjoy, and this is far closer to my usual kind of thing

Heroes did it. 😛

I don't understand. Why did you just type "did it"? You mean, you did it? You have wielded staves while in heavy armor? Well, good for you man.

Honestly though, that does sound like it'd be rad... IF it was in a game not called Heroes. So I think I'll stick with my fangame and my cute healer Derrick, thank you very much.

Well, guess I'm joining in that agreement.

How dare you defy me.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Tough enemies with fancy weaponry being uncapturable is... a necessary evil, I'd say

Is it?

What always made capturing cool to me is that i can get weapons i'd usually not having access to at the time. Removing this to just turns capture from an awesome mechanic to one big annoyance to me.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

My only experiences with this type of game are Tactics Ogre and a budget title I got for peanuts called Mercenary Saga. Didn't get too far in either. But I have faith. These guys managed to make a JRPG I could enjoy, and this is far closer to my usual kind of thing

I haven't played Tactics Ogre, so in fairness that is an open question rather than a nope. Tried Mercenary Saga 2 demo, never was bothered to purchase it.

I'm just going to hope we get another TS demo to get a feel for it after the improvements.

I don't understand. Why did you just type "did it"? You mean, you did it? You have wielded staves while in heavy armor? Well, good for you man.

I wish.

Honestly though, that does sound like it'd be rad... IF it was in a game not called Heroes. So I think I'll stick with my fangame and my cute healer Derrick, thank you very much.

I mean, armour healers were rad when I did play. That's the past though.

2 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

Is it?

What always made capturing cool to me is that i can get weapons i'd usually not having access to at the time. Removing this to just turns capture from an awesome mechanic to one big annoyance to me.

How extensive is it? Like, are half of the generics uncapturable and their rare but not S-tier equipment is thus lost?