• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Screenshot_20211023-083741.png

Screenshot_20211023-083814.png

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

RFs being long... maybe it was burnout?

That's actually pretty valid. The games are not designed around playing them several hours in a day imo.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

I appreciate your kind words, guys... even if I'm a bit late in offering my gratitude...

It's all good, no worries.

51 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

but the twist villains in Falcom's games that I have seen are only surprising and not painfully obvious if you haven't played any JRPG/never watched any kind of (shounen) anime before.

Tbf, twist villains in general are pretty hard to get right. Most of them suck.

15 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

Inb4 unironically part of the "Thracia peak human achievement" gang.

Has been a few years since i've seen anyone say that tho

Yeah, no. Thracia's not peak human achievement.

Spoiler

Expecting "Berwick Saga is"?

Too bad!

WALUIGI TIME!

1 minute ago, Shrimp γ said:

Tfw Ruben praising Trails

Hey, just because it comes from Trails doesn't mean I cannot appreciate a good dad pun. Just like Hanneman being from Three Houses doesn't mean I cannot appreciate his dapperness.

Anton and Ricky, how unexpected. That’s cool.

What would be cooler is if they knew where this tent is, because the side quest swears there’s a tent in the Harbor District and I can’t for the life of me find it.

4 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

A map filled with nothing but dragons. How fun.

NOT

You have like a million different ways to easily dispatch dragons.

Also, possibly the funniest recruit in the entire game joins in this map. It's either this map or the final map where the funniest recruit joins, depending on your choices. Do not let me down, Shrimpy.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You have like a million different ways to easily dispatch dragons.

I gave everyone dragon slaying weapons

Of the highest rank even.

Still a pain due to their tankiness.

Not even S rank thunder tome one shots

Edited by Shrimp γ

35 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, just because it comes from Trails doesn't mean I cannot appreciate a good dad pun. Just like Hanneman being from Three Houses doesn't mean I cannot appreciate his dapperness.

Wait…what!?!?

11 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

I gave everyone dragon slaying weapons

Of the highest rank even.

Still a pain due to their tankiness.

Not even S rank thunder tome one shots

That's... odd. I do not remember that being the case.

Oh, well.

At least make sure to recruit... the person.

10 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Thracia is the peak of human achievement.

Come back to me when the entire lategame isn't a "warpskip or suffer" deal.

3 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Wait…what!?!?

Yeah. It's not that difficult. You just need an open mind. Open your mind, old man. Reject the emperor.

Almost done with Day 5, Switch was running near empty when I had finished altering the past. So I'll wrap it up later tonight. The time manipulation is both straightforward and confusing in practice. So far, the game is keeping me from chronologically wandering around too much, and yet the power still messes with my senses. Sho doesn't seem immune to it, but he displays awareness of its effects, enough that I can see rewinding things in itself can't possibly threaten whomever the major villains are.

Had my first game over fighting some Noise during an optional dive into a smart child. The game makes it all too easy to make the foolish error of spamming your attacks all at once at an enemy, entirely oblivious to incoming attacks and thus losing half your HP without realizing it. Taking it slow, and taking ideally as I'd imagine it to be -keeping a rhythm going of one attack into another into another whilst moving and dodging appropriately- will be difficult to learn and sink in. I haven't bought anything either. I never really did buy food or clothes during the first TWEWY until the postgame. Yen isn't so plentiful that I can choose willy nilly, so ultimately I choose nothing at all. I have an awful hunch this is going to bite me later.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

You'll see as the game goes on but he can at times be slow to contribute to a situation and hesitant in decision making.

Hardly criticizable faults if you ask me. Indecisiveness is one of the things defines me. And he is stuck in a scenario where life or death decisions are rapidly being handed out all the time, with practically everyone around him except his semi-functional team outwardly hostile, backstabbing, or mostly disinterested in helping him.

I can't say whether I'd rather have a "weak" protagonist or an unreflective one. By which I mean a protagonist whose faults are to an extent beyond their own control, compared to a protagonist whose faults are readily within their capacity to change. For an example of the latter, I'll say old Squall "Whatever" Leonhart, it is well within his power to quit being antisocial, but he readily doesn't. (Although, Squall's antisocial behavior is rooted in his childhood, and does one readily have the power to overcome childhood issues?)