Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Welp, I got destroyed in Nights of Azure 2.
At least I got destroyed by a boss with an amazing battle theme. One of the best themes in the game, in my opinion.

Big monsters is one thing, but a nimble assassin that can go invisible and kill you in three hits is quite another.
dTWk4Az.jpg

This was the farthest I got before she destroyed me. I did five attempts, but the result was the same each time: I couldn't do it.
Which does confirm something that should've been clear to me from the start: I suck at games.

Oh, by the way, I touched on this before, but isn't like you can simply hit retry in this game like you could in the first Nights of Azure. Losing to a boss sends you straight back to the hotel and you have to advance to the next day to make another attempt. Why bring this up?
If you're not playing New Game Plus (like I am), you have a time limit to consider. That being the Azure Moon I joked about before. Once that thing goes new moon, it's Game Over, baby. Luckily, it "resets" at the end of each chapter, but it wanes little by little with each day that you take to complete it. And once you see this:
jyHoLB0.jpg
That basically tells you that you have to finish the chapter or else it's bye-bye world.
Luckily, you have the option to replay everything from the beginning of the chapter, so you can never really soft-lock yourself (because you can lower or raise the difficulty at any time you want, as well).

One thing about New Game Plus: It doesn't carry over your level, just items (and I've been making sure not to use any of the items I got in the previous playthrough), and it removes the time limit, so it stops on what would normally be the last day.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

This was the farthest I got before she destroyed me. I did five attempts, but the result was the same each time: I couldn't do it.
Which does confirm something that should've been clear to me from the start: I suck at games.

Hey, I've been here many times with those kinds of results, that doesn't mean that you aren't very good at it, you just need to approach it differently.

If you wouldn't have helped me out with some of the arena fights in Neptunia, I would be in the same position. You supporting me helped me get so much further than I probably could have on my own, that's for sure.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

even in games i claim to be an expert at, i was there once
just never give up;)

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Hey, I've been here many times with those kinds of results, that doesn't mean that you aren't very good at it, you just need to approach it differently.

Probably, yeah, but I'm fresh out of ideas on what to do, in all honesty, since I don't have that many ways to approach that battle at the moment.
I have only two human partners, and only five Servans to pick from - two of which can transform into weapons that are both too slow to attack Veruschka with, which leaves me with three Servans, and the one that supposedly lowers damage still doesn't prevent me from dying quickly, so that leaves me with only two that can really help. And I can have two Servans with me at all times, and she kills them all fairly quickly.

So all that I have left to do and haven't tried yet is to stay out of the battle and let my partners handle it, because it's only a game over if Aluche dies.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

If you wouldn't have helped me out with some of the arena fights in Neptunia, I would be in the same position. You supporting me helped me get so much further than I probably could have on my own, that's for sure.

Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate it. ^^
Megadimension Neptunia VII might very well be the only game I can give helpful advice on.

On that note, I haven't said much about Xillia 2 since I haven't played the game in a long while, and honestly don't remember how everything works that well.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

even in games i claim to be an expert at, i was there once
just never give up;)

Thanks! ^^

But Veruschka is far from the hardest boss in the game. I'm in for a VERY rough time if this is how hard I struggle against her.

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

FeelTheThrill.png

z3arMXz.jpg

Three phases... all in one try.
On Extreme difficulty.
When I'm struggling even on Normal.
... I'm scared. XD
If I even make it to her, that is.

---

Oh, also, I tried Mana Khemia. The opening theme "Run for your life" is friggin' amazing. Much like the music in the game itself.
The game itself seems fun, but I haven't seen much gameplay yet. It has voice acting, which is neat!
Only thing I can criticize so far is that in talk scenes, the graphics look more than a little blurry, and I don't just mean the background:
5FvZmnZ.png

But, the characters seem likeable so far. Pictured here are the protagonist, Vayne (left), and his classmate Jess (right).
Then, there is Flay, a guy who is basically Vaike (from Awakening) and Zeke (from Xenoblade 2) rolled into one character (Gust did it first), calling himself "The Flay" and swinging around an oversized sword while being a massive chuuni, and Nikki, a Beastman girl (yes, there's different races in this, apparently).

Oh, and the black cat next to Vayne can talk, but only he can understand what it says. To everyone else, it just sounds like a regular cat,

Also, you can buy dirt. For 10 cole.
sLDphAi.png
Because reasons. XD

Just now, Shrimperor said:

probably for Synth xD

Probably!
Still, the thought of going into a shop and the clerk is like
"How can I help you?"
and you're like
"Yeah, I would like some dirt, please"
is hilarious to me. XD

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

btw, are you emulating it?

Yep. PSP emulator. I would blame that for the graphics looking blurry at times, but I didn't have that "problem" with other games.

Tried getting back into my 7th Dragon file, I'm at level 38, the Flame Eater Imperial is outspending me and dishing out random multi-hit attacks that can 3-shot a character even with Shield Front. It also has Flame Veil for so I take ~30 damage every time I attack it. Healing Aeros are only 50 HP each, don't have upgrades according to an old wikidot I found, and cost a somewhat pricey 1000g. How am I supposed to manage all this damage with a single single-target healer?

Maybe it was a bad idea to skip on a Healer at the start. They do have Cure Al-*sees the cost is 16 MP at a minimum, 20 at max*- or maybe thats not practical. Better getting better equipment and more grinding then? How'd they decide on this? I'm only in the midgame. Theres another almost 500 Dragons left!

*Finds an LP of the game where a level 43 Fighter-Samurai-Rogue-Princess team kills it in 10 turns* What?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Oof...

Welp, that didn't go very well. Apparently, chapter 6 of PoR is a sneak chapter. I actually didn't notice in my first playthrough! This time, with boosted enemy growths...Well, looks like I may have to sneak. I was doing pretty good, though. Made it almost to the boss. Then, on player phase, I attacked a mage with Ike.

...Ike had only 3 hp left before the combat. That was a very bad reset to take.

Anyways, first day of school is today. Hopefully all will be well. See y'all later!

Edited by Benice

I've been canceling subscriptions (Football streaming, Game pass, etc) all around today lel. Instead i will put that money from the subs i rarely used anyway monthly into games so i can get games faster rather than wait for sales, because some games never get sales anyway (looking at you, Atelier), and some games coming out soon i wanna get day 1

10 minutes ago, Benice said:

Anyways, first day of school is today. Hopefully all will be well. See y'all later!

enjoy! And be careful!

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Tried getting back into my 7th Dragon file, I'm at level 38, the Flame Eater Imperial is outspending me and dishing out random multi-hit attacks that can 3-shot a character even with Shield Front. It also has Flame Veil for so I take ~30 damage every time I attack it. Healing Aeros are only 50 HP each, don't have upgrades according to an old wikidot I found, and cost a somewhat pricey 1000g. How am I supposed to manage all this damage with a single single-target healer?

Maybe it was a bad idea to skip on a Healer at the start. They do have Cure Al-*sees the cost is 16 MP at a minimum, 20 at max*- or maybe thats not practical. Better getting better equipment and more grinding then? How'd they decide on this? I'm only in the midgame. Theres another almost 500 Dragons left!

Oh boy! That does sound rough.

10 minutes ago, Benice said:

Anyways, first day of school is today. Hopefully all will be well. See y'all later

Have fun! And take care!

14 minutes ago, Emmy said:

Good luck w your first day!

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Have fun! And take care!

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

enjoy! And be careful!

Thanks! I've been stressed out of my mind for the last few weeks, (as you can probably tell with my bi-hourly rants) so hopefully things go better than I anticipate. And hopefully people actually abide the social distancing rules...My peers haven't exactly been exemplary with their handling of the pandemic.

Teehee! The Benice is out! See y'all later, have a great day!

Now that Tora has Poppi QT and Morag has joined, Blade Combos have become so much easier to pull off. The main issue early is that Tora is locked to Poppi Alpha for the first four chapters and normally this isn't that much of an issue but because BoC mode reduces the Blade Combo durations, Poppi being Tora's only Blade actually became a legitimate issue. Pulling off Fire Blade combos was actually nearly impossible because the order had to be: Pyra -> either Dromarch or Crossette -> Pyra again but getting that last stage was always the hardest part. But now, with Poppi QT, who is by default a Fire Blade and Morag, who has Brighid, pulling off Fire Blade Combos is much, much easier.

Anyways, i've just started Ch.5 and here's what the squad is looking like

IMG_20200910_120701.jpg?width=768&height

IMG_20200910_120703.jpg?width=768&height

IMG_20200910_120704.jpg?width=768&height

IMG_20200910_120706.jpg?width=768&height

I think i'm gonna let Tora sit out for a while. If had gotten Poppi QTPi during the previous run, she would've carried over in NG+ the moment Poppi QT is obtained but because i didn't, i don't have her (remember, QTPi is an optional Blade). 

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Only thing I can criticize so far is that in talk scenes, the graphics look more than a little blurry, and I don't just mean the background:
5FvZmnZ.png

Yeah that definitly looks a bit blurry, even for a PSP game.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

I mean, aren't the first SR games SRPGs?

Yep, although they were just called the "Shining" games. Which is a series that has went through many changes.

By the way, the first Shining game wasn't actual an SRPG. It was a dungeon crawler and there is one other game in the series that is like that. But for the most part, the series is either SRPG or ARPG.