Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Shadow Mir said:

Sounds about right. If you want to see what I mean, ace your assignments (you only need 6 points to get free time for the rest of the week, which is when you get to learn just how quirky the other characters are. And some of them are really weird).

I like weird, so that's going to be great! XD

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Congrats 😄

Told you you can do it 😉

Thank you!
And thank you again for the encouragement! 😄

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Trials of Mana's plot out of nowhere got very rushed.🙁The crunch was the crunchiest crunch I've ever seen. And yes, I'm counting Xenogears. Call it "individualized character stories", that doesn't excuse this at all, especially not in a modern remake. I don't mind a breezy game that isn't drawn out, but this breeze is the wrong kind, the kind you feel when your roof gets blown off while you're taking a shower during a tornado. I concede this is hyperbole coming from a gut reaction.

Definitely feels like Trials of Mana is way more geared towards the gameplay side of things. As in, it's not really a game you'd play for the plot. Nothing wrong with that, of course.

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

i don't even play Feh, but Julia is looking nicccce

The best thing to come out of FEH is the alt designs. By which i mean the fanart that it produces.

Dear god, all the gender reveal party memes xD

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

And thank you again for the encouragement! 😄

👍

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The best thing to come out of FEH is the alt designs. By which i mean the fanart that it produces.

If only Cipher didn't die in the process

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

A lone gravestone out in the woods. On it, mysterious words
SgIBbAZ.jpg

Ooh, lone gravestones with mysterious words. Really gets you thinking, eh?

23 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Ooh, lone gravestones with mysterious words. Really gets you thinking, eh?

If you know the story behind that, it gets even better!
And even without it, you'd at the very least think "why is this here", and then later, when you find out, there will be the "aha!" effect.
As I said: foreshadowing at its finest.

23 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

today i had a cursed thought..

Was outside, fastening my mouth/nose covering while listening to Atelier ost...

Atelier Corona

Hahahaha! XD

Rorona: "Lulua, I don't feel so good..."
Lulua: "MOM?!?"
Totori: "Well, we can now call her 'Corona' instead."
Meruru: "Miss Totori, your sense of naming things is still as bad as ever..."

Truly cursed. XD

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Hahahaha! XD

Rorona: "Lulua, I don't feel so good..."
Lulua: "MOM?!?"
Totori: "Well, we can now call her 'Corona' instead."
Meruru: "Miss Totori, your sense of naming things is still as bad as ever..."

Truly cursed. XD

And the cure to that is a philosopher's pie Quality 999 

F

21 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

4ej9je.jpg

Lmaaaaaao xD

20 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Nooo, Rorona! T_T

*cue Sterkenburg becoming an actual god because of how his buff works*

sadly not lvl 90 yet so can't unleash his ulti

20 hours ago, Benice said:

I mean, if Canas dies, literally nobody can fulfill his role until the final chapter, which is worse than Raigh dying and having the choice of using Sophia or living without a dark mage, since there is actually a choice. I'd say that the only truly unsusable units in FE6 are the armor knights and somewhat Sophia. The rest are workable enough to do the job they have to do. And in any game, should a good unit die, there is unlikely to be a better one replacing them. It's probably better to use Noah or Treck as meh-to-weak cavs than to have literally no cavaliers at all, isn't it? FE6 gives you options for this, and inferior doesn't mean useless. Look at Lilina-She's far worse than Lugh, but many people still use her and she does just fine.

In FE6, nobody is truly irreplacable, and they give you thieves before the chapters where you really need them-8 and 16, and Chad only really should be deployed in chapter 6, but there isn't actually anything necessary there.

Say, Kieran dies in FE9, and I haven't used Oscar. Oscar is now bad because I didn't use him. This doesn't make PoR ironman unfriendly, it means that I have to live without a cav or deal with Oscar's lower bases/use a ton of BEXP to catch him up a little rather than reinforcing another good unit like Jill or Marcia. That's the nature of ironmans. If someone dies, you improvise.

FE7's classes are a lot more limited in general, and it's fists are much tighter in terms of promotion items-Not the amount, but what it takes to get them. If Matthew dies, you miss out on so many promotion items with no way to get them without thieves. In the mid/early game, you have one light magic user. Also, if Florina dies before/during chapter 18, the only peg rider you get is Farina. Canas is the only Dark magic user, there are only two dedicated staff users, (and if Matthew dies before chapter 17, no other units can use staves-You have to wait for either ch. 20 or 24, for the earth seal.) Overall, your options are a lot more limited. Plus the fact that FE7 tends to have unpromoted unit join earlier, then godlike prepromote later-If Raven dies, no heroes for quite a long time.

I don't know about that - considering how niche Luna is and the fact that other dark magic tends to be too heavy to the point of being impractical...

The problem is, as there are no drops in Binding Blade, a lot of your item intake is dependent on your thieves being alive.

That's a bass-ackwards example, given that Oscar joins long before Kieran does.

I would say this is even more true in FE6, given that prior recruits are often needed to recruit other characters. Shin, Fir, Gonzales, Raigh, Klein, (to some extent), Thea, Zeiss, Garret, Echidna, and Perceval all are dependent on previous recruits staying alive. In a game with ambush spawns. In Blazing Blade, there's only Guy, Geitz, Raven and Lucius, and Fiora. And Binding Blade is even more stingy with promotion items than Blazing Blade is - you only get two of most promotion items before the chapter with the first secret shop,  with one of each being dependent on clearing some side objective.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

KEIBwFL.png

Asking the important questions

According to Wikipedia, chocolate came to Austria in 1602, 100 years after it was first brought to Europe, so chances are low that it was available in Germany in 1585.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

words to live by xD

Yep. XD

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Indeed, haha.

👍