• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Roughly halfway through Lever Hell.

Yeah, this map's not as bad as the rumors made it out to be. Hell, I'm actually finding it to be quite the fun map. There's a subtle synergy to everything, it's difficult to explain, but everything fits together very well. I like it. Good map, thanks Kaga, praise Karajan.

Also this game's Claude >>>>>>>>> Three Houses Claude and Genealogy Claude

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, this map's not as bad as the rumors made it out to be

This means it gonna land rock bottom for me, considering how much i hated VS1's final map lol

I'd like to be positively surprised tho

Edited by Shrimpolaris

Fuck it, I'll say an issue I have with 3 Copes.

The level scaling for you allies ends up being slow enough that unless you're controlling them directly I feel like they never level up and so they fall massively behind those you control

This becomes a problem if you don't want to grind maps/try to get S ranks first try and realise your army ain't strong enough to pull it off. Admittedly I could be playing better (ignoring the drift that has become a real issue now), but I'm curious to see if I'm just making things harder on myself. It didn't feel this way playing the first Warriors title from what I remember, but honestly that game was worse overall.

Edited by Dayni

I started up a super casual run of Conquest, and I have absolutely no idea how far it’s gonna go (keep in mind this is my first attempt at Lunatic) since I’m not sure I feel like commiting to an entire play through.

Id8Xkmw.png

This is all you need to know.

She legit made chapter 8 super easy because I was able to nuke the anti-turtling incentive in like 3 turns and just turtle the rest of it, feeding all the exp to her, Arthur, and Odin.

9 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Fuck it, I'll say an issue I have with 3 Copes.

The level scaling for you allies ends up being slow enough that unless you're controlling them directly I feel like they never level up and so they fall massively behind those you control

This becomes a problem if you don't want to grind maps/try to get S ranks first try and realise your army ain't strong enough to pull it off. Admittedly I could be playing better (ignoring the drift that has become a real issue now), but I'm curious to see if I'm just making things harder on myself. It didn't feel this way playing the first Warriors title from what I remember, but honestly that game was worse overall.

You can buy levels at the training ground for not that much, if that helps.

Edited by Sooks

Particularly noteworthy is that this map does warp tiles well. Yeah, imagine that! There's this narrow corridor of (visible) warp tiles that take you to a nearby cell that cannot be opened for a while. They are rough terrain, so none but the most mobile of units can cross more than a couple at a time. However, there are a couple gaps without tiles, with enemies on top. The tiles also disappear when stepped on.

Rather than the bullshit guide bait that the term "warp tiles" is usually associated with, the idea here is to encourage you to "sacrifice" a couple people to remove enough tiles for the rest to get through. Or, find a dude with such gigantic movement that he can get through in one fell swoop (you can atrack and then canto without getting warped). There's a certain character who can do it at base.

All in all, it's a neat little challenge that makes for a fun bit of the map, in my humble opinion. I'm really surprised by how good this map feels to me. The rumors really exaggerated things.

27 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

This means it gonna land rock bottom for me, considering how much i hated VS1's final map lol

I'd like to be positively surprised tho

This is WAY better than VS1 chapter 20. Like, immensely better. It's a tiny bit like VS1 chapter 20 but actually executed well and also not really like VS2 chapter 20. There's much more synergy to the map than I expected, a nice flow to the three teams working together to explore the castle, opening new pathways and challenges for each other. Also, far less reinforcements and they're much better placed and utilized.

Of course, to each their own, but this game is just... such a masive improvement over its predecessor in every way. Every way! Really!

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I started up a super casual run of Conquest, and I have absolutely no idea how far it’s gonna go (keep in mind this is my first attempt at Lunatic) since I’m not sure I feel like commiting to an entire play through.

Id8Xkmw.png

This is all you need to know.

She legit made chapter 8 super easy because I was able to nuke the anti-turtling incentive in like 3 turns and just turtle the rest of it, feeding all the exp to her, Arthur, and Odin.

Use Haitaka!

22 minutes ago, Dayni said:

from demo experience you have enough money to lvl em up and still have alot of money leftover

even without all S rank

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Id8Xkmw.png

yeah Wyvern Elise hella good.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

such a masive improvement over its predecessor in every way.

i actually believe ya there, dw.

Just..levers...

You do remember how much i hated certain loved maps in VS1, including the final map, and all late game Zade chapters pretty much

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Use Haitaka!

I probably will, since I’m trying to use units who I haven’t before/different classes/different stuff in general.

1 minute ago, Shrimpolaris said:

I actually believe ya there, dw.

Just..levers...

You do remember how much i hated certain loved maps in VS1, including the final map, and all late game Zade chapters pretty much

Nah, I get it. It's a valid concern. I feel the map flows great, but that's me. You tell me what you think when you play the game.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I probably will, since I’m trying to use units who I haven’t before/different classes/different stuff in general.

Dew it. Haitaka great.

Just now, Sooks said:

You can buy levels at the training ground for not that much, if that helps.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

from demo experience you have enough money to lvl em up and still have alot of money leftover

even without all S rank

Okay, so is it intended that way?

Guess I'll have to do that going back to the game tomorrow, kinda benched Shez when she got to 10 after the first few maps.

As you can tell, I overdid low-manning this game.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Particularly noteworthy is that this map does warp tiles well. Yeah, imagine that! There's this narrow corridor of (visible) warp tiles that take you to a nearby cell that cannot be opened for a while. They are rough terrain, so none but the most mobile of units can cross more than a couple at a time. However, there are a couple gaps without tiles, with enemies on top. The tiles also disappear when stepped on.

Rather than the bullshit guide bait that the term "warp tiles" is usually associated with, the idea here is to encourage you to "sacrifice" a couple people to remove enough tiles for the rest to get through. Or, find a dude with such gigantic movement that he can get through in one fell swoop (you can atrack and then canto without getting warped). There's a certain character who can do it at base.

The tiles being one off is a legit good change any way you slice it, I'd have to see myself to be fully sure of execution.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Can confirm Haitaka works well in Conquest, being a lance user who doesn't take effective damage and has good Skl is great for Kitsune, Rally Def with 0 seals is a nice option and he generally has solid combat. You might even find more use for Swap than I ever did.

More Haafingar stuff, mainly around Dragonsbridge. Also forgot to comment, but I did got to trigger that radiant. Turns out, I needed to talk to the guy in his off-work hours. Well, that's a relief. I finished today just after entering the cave for the first Potema quest, but that's for next time.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Also, wait did the official devs make the red blood mod and someone else made the... well, you know? Hmm.

Both the red & white mods came from a fellow indie FPS dev. The game's actual dev is working on making red an official option players can tweak ingame no mods necessary.

Which sounds like a nice little story of voluntary cooperation among smalltime game devs.😊 How pleasant, something we could use more of at any and all scales for video game development.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Both the red & white mods came from a fellow indie FPS dev. The game's actual dev is working on making red an official option players can tweak ingame no mods necessary.

Okay, so the main devs are making it in game, other devs made mods for both.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Which sounds like a nice little story of voluntary cooperation among smalltime game devs.😊 How pleasant, something we could use more of at any and all scales for video game development.

Why'd I read cooperation as conscription?

8 hours ago, Dayni said:

The stand 5 Points can beat an S-Ranked stand

I can't wait to see the lord use their iconic stand "Poisoned Mutton".

8 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

This LaTeX not the other one

Ah.

...This looks like it's for smart people, so I think I'm allergic to it as well.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Does that make you allergic to the Leather, Latex, & BDSM Kink Pride Flag or not then?

I... Suppose it would, yeah.

'Afternoon!

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

May I request Selena or Beruka? I don't think I've ever seen anyone use 'em in Conquest...

11 minutes ago, Benice said:

May I request Selena or Beruka? I don't think I've ever seen anyone use 'em in Conquest...

I did, my son

Did you see my Berserker Beruka?

And Selena i use pretty often as pegasi!

12 minutes ago, Benice said:

Ah.

...This looks like it's for smart people, so I think I'm allergic to it as well.

If dumb old me learned to use it, so can you 😉

Edited by Shrimpolaris

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

I can't wait to see the lord use their iconic stand "Poisoned Mutton".

The betrayal arc is brutal, but Poisoned Mutton was glorious in it's reveal

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

I know I used Selena to the end in Normal at least (Bow Knight Selena had the same Str as DK Odin, she was kinda cursed), but considering my preference to use generics I don't think I'll be taking that offer.

21 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

I did, my son

I am proud of my father.

22 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

If dumb old me learned to use it, so can you 😉

We'll see if I end up needin' to!

21 minutes ago, Dayni said:

The betrayal arc is brutal, but Poisoned Mutton was glorious in it's reveal

Yeah, the reveal of the "Trust nobody" power in the final battle was super hype.

22 minutes ago, Dayni said:

know I used Selena to the end in Normal at least (Bow Knight Selena had the same Str as DK Odin, she was kinda cursed

This reminds me that I need to play CQ at some point.

49 minutes ago, Benice said:

I’ve used Beruka 2/3 times I’ve played through Conquest.

I’ve never seen anyone use Selena though, so I just might.

14 minutes ago, Benice said:

This reminds me that I need to play CQ at some point.

Yes, you do!

I know I told you to play Birthright first 5 million years ago, but my opinions on all three routes were a lot less developed at that point and I don’t really think you need to. Or should, because Conquest better.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I’ve never seen anyone use Selena though, so I just might

With Selena, you need quite a bit of work.

• Selling point is that she's the only pegasi you can get in Conquest through a single heartseal without Corn or Capture. Darting Blow is very good on her and maker use Steel Swords easily without caring much about the -3 Spd penalty. She's super fast. Steel or stronger weapons also fix her low-ish STR.
  • Can learn Axe and Shuriken breaker, but honestly i prefer to use her to pass some skills to children
Edited by Shrimpolaris