Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

What an adventure.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

ve used Beruka 2/3 times I’ve played through Conquest.

Oh.

Welp.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

I started up a super casual run of Conquest, and I have absolutely no idea how far it’s gonna go (keep in mind this is my first attempt at Lunatic) since I’m not sure I feel like commiting to an entire play through.

Id8Xkmw.png

This is all you need to know.

She legit made chapter 8 super easy because I was able to nuke the anti-turtling incentive in like 3 turns and just turtle the rest of it, feeding all the exp to her, Arthur, and Odin

Have fun! Also Wyvern Elise is a fun build, who becomes a real monster once she gets access to magic damage...

1 hour ago, Benice said:

May I request Selena or Beruka? I don't think I've ever seen anyone use 'em in Conquest...

I have used Beruka in Conquest a fair bit. Odd suggestion for Selena, but in my Lunatic Revelations PMU had a Berserker Selena (which does need a marriage seal w/ either Arthur or Kaeton) which was a fun build for her.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

This reminds me that I need to play CQ at some point.

You really should

1 hour ago, Shrimpolaris said:

• Selling point is that she's the only pegasi you can get in Conquest through a single heartseal without Corn or Capture. Darting Blow is very good on her and maker use Steel Swords easily without caring much about the -3 Spd penalty. She's super fast. Steel or stronger weapons also fix her low-ish STR.

Other than Azura and her son that is...

14 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Other than Azura

I wonder if a non-dancer Azura run is even possible on CQ!Luna

Even reclassing just to get darting blow (to pasd on to non-Shigure kid) is a pain ngl

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Why'd I read cooperation as conscription?

You're thinking of the parallel world where capitalism overthrew all forms of government. But then, around 60 years after the global corporate takeover was finished, a large meteor struck the Earth, greatly fragmenting human civilization. With the idea of government long dead, the peoples of the chaotic world organized around businesses in the struggle to survive, and fend off the alien invasion that came forty years later. Although some smalltime businesses did cooperate in good spirit, others followed in the footsteps of the bigger players and opted for conquest and forced integration in order to accumulate the human capital necessary to endure in this man-eat-man world.

14 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Even reclassing just to get darting blow (to pasd on to non-Shigure kid) is a pain ngl

Maybe in the midgame? Earlygame, I can see Azura being invaluable, but at a point, not sure when exactly, you could probably reclass Azura for a while. There will be some costs associated with this, she is the only refresher around, but probably very tolerable. The longer you leave her in Songstress though, the less she is probably working on her lance rank, which might be a problem if you didn't forge a bronze for her. Either way, you swap Azura back to refresher no later than Ryoma's last stand, or maybe the Great Wall.

Azura's primary problem is most certainly going to be her extreme fragility with a primarily 1-range class. 50% Str and 60% Skl and Spd growths means her offense ought to overcome any problematic refresher bases. Though if Azura can hold out long enough to reach Kinshi, bow access ought to help fix the total lack of durability. And if by a miracle she stays in Kinshi long enough, the alluring combination of her Healing Descant + Amaterasu for 30% start of turn healing aoe could be achieved.

SRW 30's main theme is a certified banger, thank you based JAM Project.

Like once i found out this was a JAM Project song, everything clicked, these are the guys that made the One Punch Man OPs. Chads.

JAM Project certainly has history with SRW.

Though it's a coincidence Masaki Andoh and Masaaki Endoh have similar sounding names. It's truly a coincidence.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just now, Armagon said:

What else have they made for the series?

The first thing JAM Project did for SRW was Alpha Gaiden's main theme, all the way back in 2001:

That's been basically most of their SRW work, the main themes of many of the games.

Though there's also cover versions of some characters themes. Like so:

Although not everyone of JAM Project does these, I believe.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

What else have they made for the series?

Checking their discography on Wikipedia:

"Hagane no Messiah" (鋼の救世主(メシア), "Steel Messiah") Super Robot Wars Alpha Gaiden(OP)
"Go!" Super Robot Wars Impact (OP)
"Skill" 2nd Super Robot Wars Alpha ((OP)
"Victory" Super Robot Wars MX (OP)
25 "Meikyū no Prisoner" (迷宮のプリズナー, "Labyrinth Prisoner") Super Robot Wars Original Generation: The Animation (OP)
26 "Gong" 3rd Super Robot Wars Alpha: To the End of the Galaxy (OP)
"Break Out" Super Robot Wars OG: Divine Wars (OP1)
"Rising Force" Super Robot Wars OG: Divine Wars (OP2)
"Rocks" Super Robot Wars: OG (PS2 OP)
"Crest of "Z's"" Super Robot Wars Z (OP)
"Maxon" Super Robot Wars Original Generation: The Inspector (OP)
"Noah" 2nd Super Robot Wars Z: Hakai-hen (OP)
"Hagane no Resistance" (鋼のレジスタンス, "Steel Resistance") 2nd Super Robot Wars Z: Saisei-hen (OP)
"Wings of the Legend" 2nd Super Robot Wars Original Generation (OP/ED)
"Rebellion ~Hangyaku no senshi-tachi~" (Rebellion〜反逆の戦士達〜, "Rebellion ~Warriors of the Rebellion~") 3rd Super Robot Wars Z: Jigoku-hen (OP)
"Kessen the Final Round" (決戦 the Final Round, "Showdown: the Final Round") 3rd Super Robot Wars Z: Tengoku-hen (OP)
"Shining Storm ~Rekka no Gotoku~" (Shining Storm ~烈火の如く~, "Shining Storm ~Like the Raging Flames~") Super Robot Wars Original Generation: Moon Dwellers (OP)
"The Exceeder / New Blue" Super Robot Wars V (OP/ED)
"Hagane no Warriors/The Oath ~ Yoake no Chikai ~" (鋼のWarriors/The Oath 〜夜明けの誓い〜, "Steel Warriors/The Oath ~ Oath of Dawn ~") Super Robot Wars X (OP/ED)
"Tread on the Tiger’s Tail/RESET/D.D~Dimension Driver~" Super Robot Wars T (OP/ED) / 
Super Robot Wars DD (OP)

I think you could say this is more than a little.

I tried my hand at chapter 10 on lunatic and yeah, I think all my meme units and builds seriously screwed me over for this difficulty.

I heavily, heavily, heavily used save states (or rather, save state singular, because I spent half an hour reloading over and over trying to make it so no one would die on the final enemy phase), and was just able to barely, barely, barely make it out unscathed, but I ended up missing a village and using 2 uses of the freeze staff. That was just… way too much for my army. Maybe if I’d kept Elise as a troubador, was actually using Mozu, and was pairing Effie and Arthur, I would have been able to get through that normally but that was just too much for my army here. For me and my current skill level, anyway. I’d consider lowering the difficulty, but changed 10 is uniquely challenging compared to the maps around it so I’ll leave it for now.

3 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Selling point is that she's the only pegasi you can get in Conquest through a single heartseal without Corn or Capture.

Shigure in shambles.

Guys, I think I found one of the most depressing animes ever... and I'm loving every second of it.

2 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Considering that Alastor got her killed in her join chapter, I'd say that yes, it is possible

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

SRW 30's main theme is a certified banger, thank you based JAM Project.

Like once i found out this was a JAM Project song, everything clicked, these are the guys that made the One Punch Man OPs. Chads.

One of their members is famous here for singing the local version of some openings. And for translating some mangas.

JAM Project having a Brazilian part-time member is certainly something.

3 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Guys, I think I found one of the most depressing animes ever... and I'm loving every second of it.

Well, which one is it?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

40 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, which one is it?

Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku or Now and Then, Here and There

Now and Then, Here and There (1999)

The author was influenced to create this story based on the reports coming out of Rwanda during the Genocide, and oh boy, does it show.

6 hours ago, Dayni said:

Cube's is also up.

No Captain Square shown, I'm concerned.

The alien is a massive improvement, though. It looked like a tiny goblin in the original. Now it looks like something.

I'm sure Captain Square is still a thing, they kept the dickzard, surely they kept something so harmless too.

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I dig that skull tricolor.

It's so nice to see Live a Live with good visuals. Especially since they seem to be holding back on the massive bloom and distance blur that plagued Octopath and Triangle. It actually looks great!

Guys the leak might be real, there are some images matching the description (though the image leaker says they're old)

The twotone is hilarious.

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

I heavily, heavily, heavily used save states (or rather, save state singular, because I spent half an hour reloading over and over trying to make it so no one would die on the final enemy phase), and was just able to barely, barely, barely make it out unscathed, but I ended up missing a village and using 2 uses of the freeze staff. That was just… way too much for my army. Maybe if I’d kept Elise as a troubador, was actually using Mozu, and was pairing Effie and Arthur, I would have been able to get through that normally but that was just too much for my army here. For me and my current skill level, anyway. I’d consider lowering the difficulty, but changed 10 is uniquely challenging compared to the maps around it so I’ll leave it for now.

From my experience, I did find it tricky, but I got away with one healer, no Mozu and got the villages, though that was a tight fight, I never got Takumi and Corrin was a cav which helped movement.

Wyvern Elise can definitely work (though I wasn't the one using it).

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The alien is a massive improvement, though. It looked like a tiny goblin in the original. Now it looks like something.

I'm sure Captain Square is still a thing, they kept the dickzard, surely they kept something so harmless too.

Oh that's true, wonder what that means for those segments in this scenario.

I suppose

Edited by Dayni

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And if by a miracle she stays in Kinshi long enough, the alluring combination of her Healing Descant + Amaterasu for 30% start of turn healing aoe could be achieved.

In theory makes sense

Just i foresee alot of suffering during the harder chapters

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

I think all my meme units and builds seriously screwed me over for this difficulty.

Did you use tonics?

During my chill CQ luna run where i fooled around i didn't have that much trouble...

Even if it was still tough

5 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Considering that Alastor got her killed in her join chapter, I'd say that yes, it is possible

How much did he suffer after?

When did he get her killed anyway?

5 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Now and Then, Here and There

Ah that one....

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

there are some images matching the description (though the image leaker says they're old)

Inb4 hoax made in unreal engine

If real, atleast Ruben gets his beard

Spoiler

SjUdVUt.jpeg

Edited by Shrimpolaris

39 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

He was expecting her to equip the Naginata from the chest on her join chapter, and was counting on her attacking with it on an enemy phase...

...this happened to me before xD