Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

48 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, I did say it was the Garon of character designs. It's only natural she's receiving this amount of love. Fanart of bad designs is, after all, like seeds.

My takeaway here is that you brush your teeth using seeds. Have you gotten the most sparkle with sesame, sunflower, or pumpkin?

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Done with all of the DLC and Extra stuff immediately available on Earth route. I've done only one battle that didn't have that label attached to it. I've done 20 missions the game says. With this "fluff" done, things ought to be getting smoother now.

And why aren't the Relic battles listed among the missions? Look for them is awkward, I didn't realize they existed initially. Now I'm trying to tackle those with enemies not exceeding my current level (which you can't see until you start one of them annoyingly) before continuing with other fights.

I reached level 7 in the AOS-boosting facility, the eighth doesn't seem like it'd help very much, it'd take 120 battles just to break even. Probably many to be worth it even in the long run. I've also reached 7 in the funds-boosting facility, and are now working towards the -30% unit upgrading costs bonus before I start spending big time. Not so interested in upgrading weapons, as I rarely did in OGs (although you have to upgrade weapons individually in that old game, which is terribly costly by comparison).

For all the incredibly good power parts the game has been handing me, I kinda want more.😆 I have some craving to get the Expansion Pack DLC, though I know shelling out $25 more on it wouldn't exactly be worth it. That, and I would rather conserve IRL cash right now for a big Steam summer sale, and perhaps one on the Nintendo eShop (please include 50% off on Maglam Lord).

12 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Won't be a dream, given SMT V's performance

I've always played undocked, and I haven't really noticed any major issues. I've played for over 60 hours too (I'm going rather slow) and need to get back and finish the game.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And why aren't the Relic battles listed among the missions? Look for them is awkward, I didn't realize they existed initially. Now I'm trying to tackle those with enemies not exceeding my current level (which you can't see until you start one of them annoyingly) before continuing with other fights.

And that's where the roaming world map part comes from, heh.

I reached level 7 in the AOS-boosting facility, the eighth doesn't seem like it'd help very much, it'd take 120 battles just to break even. Probably many to be worth it even in the long run. I've also reached 7 in the funds-boosting facility, and are now working towards the -30% unit upgrading costs bonus before I start spending big time. Not so interested in upgrading weapons, as I rarely did in OGs (although you have to upgrade weapons individually in that old game, which is terribly costly by comparison).

Gaining MxP can certainly speed up later on. Specially with the right supporters... and the MxP Converter part. Back with the demo, people would grind MxP by putting the Converter with a high mobility unit combined with a +Move part, and just let it zoom around while doing missions.

As it is, the highest upgrade tiers are mainly to be unlocked in NG+... and really come handy for the higher difficulties.

For all the incredibly good power parts the game has been handing me, I kinda want more.😆 I have some craving to get the Expansion Pack DLC, though I know shelling out $25 more on it wouldn't exactly be worth it. That, and I would rather conserve IRL cash right now for a big Steam summer sale, and perhaps one on the Nintendo eShop (please include 50% off on Maglam Lord).

Hahaha, the Expansion Pack is basically gonna be my Summer purchase. Sale or no sale.

I pre-ordered the ultimate edition... but well, it was totally worth it. Keep showing them just how much international support exists for SRW. This is what got us officially English translations, and now an official worldwide release. So it works. It totally works.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Gaining MxP can certainly speed up later on. Specially with the right supporters...

Speaking of these, the DLC Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans one is amazeballs good. Accel on everyone when they first appear on the map? Incredible if you wanna go fast. Accel is primarily for closing the initial gap between where the battleship shows up and where the enemies start, so it's perfect to have on turn 1. Saves a nice bit of SP on many characters to boot.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I pre-ordered the ultimate edition... but well, it was totally worth it. Keep showing them just how much international support exists for SRW. This is what got us officially English translations, and now an official worldwide release. So it works. It totally works.

True, that is how I could justify getting it.

To get it now -no, wait for and peruse the summer sales first! Maybe I shouldn't have started the game quite so soon.😆 But, I could do a second run on the Expansion Pack's super difficulty for kicks at a later date. And there should be enough units to go around that I could use a totally different crew on a subsequent playthrough.

So, VS2 impressions.

It could be described as Kaga's Radiant Dawn, but that wouldn't be a very good comparison. The only similarities are that they both have availability shenanigans and perspective changes, and even those are handled differently in this game. What this game truly is, is probably the boldest, most creative strategy game I've played.

Every single map is full to the brim with events, side quests, wacky happenings, and very few of them are obscure or hidden. Every map feels like a whole little adventure of its own, with everything they have to see and discover. Each map plays quite differently, too, especially in the midgame. Think Revelation, but more subtle and better about its gimmicks. The quality of the map design itself is, I feel, higher than VS1's. There are far less maps I would describe as bad in this game. 11 and the ambush reinforcements in 19 and 22 are the only bad parts that come to mind, everything else is solid and decently fair, to a greater or lesser degree. The maps have a better flow to them, are less tedious and don't take as long, for the most part - there are still some places where I wish there was less walking, but it's far better than VS1.

The playable cast is completely off the rails in how atypical it is, in story and gameplay both. For a few examples in the earlygame, you've got a depraved kidnapper with a generic portrait who nerfs the units around him, but gives money when he levels up; a wild wyvern that you get to control and is everyone's favorite gal, generic garbage bag man who is my totally straight and platonic husbando a great staffer and combatant in spite of his lower stats; a swordmaster with a terminal illness that takes 1 HP from him at the start of each turn, a fighter with a personal dagger that makes her invincible, but a skill that makes her go berserk if she's reduced to 1 HP. Just a few examples. While there are a number of filler-ish characters in the game, most have their own unique spin to them. And due to the way the game works, you get to use just about all of them at some point or another! There is no such thing as a bench, not really, thanks to the availability shenanigans.

The story is a similar deal to VS1. Massive scope, tons of character development delivered by mean of extremely long cutscenes. Clunky at times - 6x is infamous for its length -, but when it works, it works very well. Some of this game's characters are very good. Kaga does continue to fall for old habits, however. He seems utterly incapable of understanding the concept of women getting into tight spots without requiring men to bail them out. There is, at least, one moment when a bad guy goes more or less like "haha woman go back to the kitchen" and you can actually use that woman to disembowel him, so that's nice. She doesn't even get kidnapped at any point, either, come to think of it. Laffine is best girl.

Musically, well, it has some wonderful tracks, but it's a little wonky in how it uses them, and Kaga still likes dropping default SRPG Studio tracks here and there. Better than VS1 though, I would say. The only time I was ever wowed by VS1's music was the final chapter.

Graphically, it's still stock SRPG Studio assets. They get the job done.

Overall, it's not as organized or polished as Berwick, but it's still a game that strikes all the right spots for me. It is deeply unique, and by now you probably know how much I value that in games. I looked forward to every map, because they all felt new. Even what in the story were nothing more than filler chapters didn't feel extra, because the gameplay always threw a new spin or two to spice things up. So yeah. I cannot speak for anyone else, but for me, this has taken second place. What a wonderful experience this has been.

I hope I got my points across decently enough. I'm feeling a bit rusty when it comes to the art of writing paragraphs about games I like. Must be having a job.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

this has taken second place

Very interesting. I am now expecting something close to conquest tier gameplay

Only to end up getting dissapointed probably

1 minute ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Very interesting. I am now expecting something close to conquest tier gameplay

Only to end up getting dissapointed probably

Possibly. You know how disenchanted I've been with Conquest gameplay lately. I don't know if I could call this as tight as Conquest, but considering how difficult I find it to enjoy Conquest's brutal, "zero mistakes allowed" intensity these days, I might be tempted to say that's a good thing. You're a different case, however.

All I can do is vouch for how much I enjoyed it, personally. Still, do give it a shot when the time comes. If nothing else, it's more FE while we wait for the series to maybe die of terminal gacha real new FE news.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Still, do give it a shot when the time comes

that was always the plan as you know

abd if it wasn't for terribad release time, i would've gotten it day 1

3 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

that was always the plan as you know

Have I told you to play Karajan Saga yet? It has Karajan in it, you know.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

abd if it wasn't for terribad release time, i would've gotten it day 1

Psch. As if Xenoblade 3 is going to be half as good. I'll bet it doesn't even have Karajan.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Xenoblade 3

While Xenoblade 3 is the big one here, it's not just it. This summer is pretty stacked in general

And then xbox gamepass does the 1€ 3 months deal again and there's just way too much

Especially since 3hopes and xb3 are a lock in for day 1, but also on the backlog

Kirby

Astral chain

Yakuza 7

Ai

Scarlet Nexus

+ me signing up for a beta test of a Fe fangame

+ me learning for programming certificationa for job search

So all of this together and you get an idea xD

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

935c42cd8c32ecdd91570897f7f6fd50.jpg

Damn, this is really cool title screen art, though. I like this style, and I like the Crossbell characters’ designs.

25 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

While Xenoblade 3 is the big one here, it's not just it. This summer is pretty stacked in general

And then xbox gamepass does the 1€ 3 months deal again and there's just way too much

Especially since 3hopes and xb3 are a lock in for day 1, but also on the backlog

Kirby

Astral chain

Yakuza 7

Ai

Scarlet Nexus

+ me signing up for a beta test of a Fe fangame

+ me learning for programming certificationa for job search

So all of this together and you get an idea xD

Oof.

Oh, well. I will sit in the corner with Brightbow. We'll reflect on how cool Bertoullia is.

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Damn, this is really cool title screen art, though. I like this style, and I like the Crossbell characters’ designs.

Agreed, its great looking!

10 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

I made wallpaper of this title screen before the game made me wanna kill myself

Some of you might remember the meltdown

Have you played Hajimari already?