Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

😄

I'm an agnostic always happy to see positive interfaith relations! I'm also a weak agonistic, hit me with a fiery sermon yearning for social justice, and I'll consider converting for the next 45 minutes, before "do I want to put up with the daily stuff that'd feel like a chore?" sets in.

Ah, heh. That's the thing that should be true for all religions, you can agree with certain tenets without needing to convert to the religion.

The unfortunate state of things with religion is that most of them are damn near treated as akin to one's race or gender, not something you choose but something you are indoctrinated into as a child and passed down as tradition rather than philosophy.

In an increasing number of countries however, especially those with many religious divisions, there is a stronger sense of unity between faiths. Mixed churches and community gatherings are more common in places like India or Egypt.

The simple understanding that we can learn a lot from other people sets us on a more thoughtful future

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And that's Endless Frontier Exceed. Though i went out of order, this crossover saga was a wild ride and if possible, i'd like to see it continue. It is late so i will not be writing the review right now. Tomorrow.

I love these little lets plays you and other folks post into the forums. It's a very fun insight into games I otherwise would've likely never considered.

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_6911.png

This is good. This is what soul looks like.

Just what heaping steaming cooked carcass is that, that sits upon Neige's table? What kind of meat does she like?

I still think it's wild how this silly little crossover game with a not-serious plot was planting the seeds of a later entry's plot. This game came out in 2015 and Project X Zone 2 did not come out until 2015.

To correct your typo, Exceed was February 25th of 2010. Project X Zone was November 12th of 2015. More than five years.

Banpresto (Morizumi, the writer for NxC and both PXZs, was formerly a Banpresto employee) doesn't seem incapable of planning for the long-term, however.

Let me put it like this- the PS2 version of Original Generation 1 & 2 released in 2007. They added one very brief scene featuring showing a mysterious character in a dream in OG1. Said character technically showed up in The Moon Dwellers in 2016, except... it's not exactly the same person as the one in the dream, that I know. So here we are, in 2022, 15 years later, and that dreamy person still hasn't shown up, we still don't understand what exactly if anything they are planning. If they seriously intend to show at all b/c the dream language was dream language and that ain't perfectly transparent in meaning! Although, we should be finding out very soon, whenever the next Original Generation game happens.

Screenshot_6922.png

It's like i keep saying bro, T-elos is a way better character in everything that isn't Xenosaga.

Stuff like this is going to make Episode III a little awkward for me. Like, how will I not be thinking of this when T-elos shows up there?

Though i went out of order, this crossover saga was a wild ride and if possible, i'd like to see it continue.

This reminds me of two little oddities with Exceed.:

• Neige's father King Hausen was never declared dead, only MIA. Why?
  • After being defeated, Gerda and Hamelin said things to the effect of "We'll have to repay your un-Shura-like mercy someday". And yet, they didn't show up during or immediately after the final battle, nor during the ending.

These smell of potential for a third EF game to me. A continuance of the Elfetale and Shura stuff, things to keep Alady and Neige relevant. And yet, it has been over a decade now, so we'll in all likelihood never get an EF3. 

...Unless, Banpresto suddenly decided to have aftershocks of events in the main OGverse dimension spill over into the EF world, or something. Considering they invented three sequels for the SRW Lord of Elemental subseries starting in 2012, 16 years after the first LoE released in 1996, I won't rule out the possibility entirely. With Haken & Aschen showing up in SRW OG: The Moon Dwellers, the room the possibility for spillover going in the other dimensional direction is there.

I'd pin the problems of a third EF more on getting Monolith to do it, updating the 2D spritework, and the financial viability of such a niche project. Doesn't seem worth it to me -though I would love it. Whether or not to cut Xenosaga and or swap in Xenoblade (which one(s)?) would be another thing to think about.

Screenshot_6942.png

And that's Endless Frontier Exceed.

What a kiss, and what a panty shot. Who am I kidding? No woman native to the Endless Frontier wears underwear. Barring maybe Henne, because she is the most un-sexed up female in the cast by far.

Glad you were able to happily finish the game this time.😄

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Sounds like something I would have to experience myself to truly feel (not that I intend to).

😕

Counting both halves of the duology of course?

I didn't play Eternal Punishment

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

These smell of potential for a third EF game to me. A continuance of the Elfetale and Shura stuff, things to keep Alady and Neige relevant. And yet, it has been over a decade now, so we'll in all likelihood never get an EF3. 

...Unless, Banpresto suddenly decided to have aftershocks of events in the main OGverse dimension spill over into the EF world, or something. Considering they invented three sequels for the SRW Lord of Elemental subseries starting in 2012, 16 years after the first LoE released in 1996, I won't rule out the possibility entirely. With Haken & Aschen showing up in SRW OG: The Moon Dwellers, the room the possibility for spillover going in the other dimensional direction is there.

I'd pin the problems of a third EF more on getting Monolith to do it, updating the 2D spritework, and the financial viability of such a niche project. Doesn't seem worth it to me -though I would love it. Whether or not to cut Xenosaga and or swap in Xenoblade (which one(s)?) would be another thing to think about.

That reminds me. Sanger spent some time in Kagura Amahara before finally coming back to the main OG world after the first Project x Zone. That would've been an interesting story to see, heh.

19 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

😕

I'll claim "backlog" as an excuse. Although, rare it be to find a gamer who doesn't have one in this era we're in. I also don't have Game Pass b/c I don't do game subscriptions, even with us still in the honeymoon period with XGP before the price gets jacked up and the games you can access gets split into tiers.

How about I wait for that one-man indie Persona-inspired game that releases next year, use it to get used to the life-sim aspect of Persona a little more if it helps, and then consider going back to P3?😅

19 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

I didn't play Eternal Punishment

-Understandable about Eternal Punishment. I didn't get to it because only the PS1 version is available in English and I would've liked the PSP version for the easy mode option. EP is supposed to the hardest of the three old Persona games I'm told.

Although, I could grab AR codes and turn them on and off as desired for a makeshift QoL substitute. Might have to do that one day.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That reminds me. Sanger spent some time in Kagura Amahara before finally coming back to the main OG world after the first Project x Zone. That would've been an interesting story to see, heh.

I was not aware of this. Samurai are a thing of a bygone, dead era on Earth. A fantasy world where presumably samurai are well alive must have greatly pleased Sanger's stoic German ronin heart. 

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I was not aware of this. Samurai are a thing of a bygone, dead era on Earth. A fantasy world where presumably samurai are well alive must have greatly pleased Sanger's stoic German ronin heart. 

I think I mentioned this before. But just in case:

https://www.facebook.com/180223srw/videos/1293154017362717/?permPage=1

It's from the Limited Edition of Moon Dwellers apparently. Most likely the transdimensional device needed time to be fixed (since it got wrecked during Project x Zone), so Sanger had to make due staying in the Endless Frontier until then. And yeah, Kagura Amahara would be the sort of place he'd visit, heh.

Also, something else of note, it is mentioned Kaguya is off doing who knows what, and not alone. Which is why she wasn't with Haken and Aschen. So there could already be some plot potential for a third EF... if they ever do it.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'll claim "backlog" as an excuse. Although, rare it be to find a gamer who doesn't have one in this era we're in. I also don't have Game Pass b/c I don't do game subscriptions, even with us still in the honeymoon period with XGP before the price gets jacked up and the games you can access gets split into tiers.

Me🙋‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

How about I wait for that one-man indie Persona-inspired game that releases next year, use it to get used to the life-sim aspect of Persona a little more if it helps, and then consider going back to P3?😅

Fair

Fingers crossed

It's from the Limited Edition of Moon Dwellers apparently.

They still make drama CDs? Nice to know about this. Thanks!😀

Also, something else of note, it is mentioned Kaguya is off doing who knows what, and not alone. Which is why she wasn't with Haken and Asche. So there could already be some plot potential for a third EF... if they ever do it.

🤤

A chance for Kaguya to be freed of Haken's shadow to some extent? She wasn't ever totally stuck in it, but it'd help. Not having Haken & Aschen around (although I would expect them to eventually return, maybe in dramatic fashion like Reiji in Exceed) might also let Suzuka get a little more spotlight I think, she is the EF original who was always the least important.

2 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Me🙋‍♂️

Liar! *Chucks rotten avocados at you, seeds not removed*🥑

The envy is real here.😜

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They still make drama CDs? Nice to know about this. Thanks!😀

At least as recent as 2016, heh.

🤤

A chance for Kaguya to be freed of Haken's shadow to some extent? She wasn't ever totally stuck in it, but it'd help. Not having Haken & Aschen around (although I would expect them to eventually return, maybe in dramatic fashion like Reiji in Exceed) might also let Suzuka get a little more spotlight I think, she is the EF original who was always the least important.

Could be, if it were an elsewhere-type of story, taking place during Moon Dwellers'. Easy set-up too. After reporting, Kaguya goes to see Haken and Aschen (and as a might as well, Suzuka and Neige tag along for this too)... only to find them gone. Cue the start of yet another adventure, heh.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

I mean it's Mario, it's not like the game was hard to begin with.

Hence why i brought up the Lost Levels hard mode, as it's actually difficult for Mario standards (I know most people haven't played this one)

43 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

i tried

never again

but also, like, 35+ years old

I'm pretty sure it was considered too "difficult" from the dev PoV, so they originally had no plans to release it outside JP?

It's literally ALL 100% Frame perfect jumps in the later levels, haha.

The leadship mechanic kinda blows, thinking about it realistically.

1: The player has too much (RD Ike) and it breaks the game.

2: The enemy has too much (see the above image) and the player hardly can compete.

3: The numbers are too low, meaning it doesn't make a difference and is pointless.

Edited by lightcosmo

4Qik3Wn.jpg

13 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

23 Leadship... This level sucks. XD

super Thracia moment

9 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

The leadship mechanic kinda blows

yes

Like i used to love it at first, but the more hacks with it i played, the more i grew to dislike it.

Especially since it basically forces you to use the units with leadership

Edited by Shrimpolaris

5 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

super Thracia moment

yes

Like i used to love it at first, but the more hacks with it i played, the more i grew to hate it.

Especially since it basically forces you to use the units with leadership

This isn't super thracia, it's Blume patch still, i took a break cause this BS was getting exhausting, haha. Even ST Isn't this cruel until endgame!

Yeah, i agree, the way it's integraded into gameplay is really flawed. 

1 minute ago, Shrimpolaris said:

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun :^)

I can send you my files and you can try to complete the level? Ofc fair warning: 90% of my units are terrible! XD

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I can send you my files and you can try to complete the level? Ofc fair warning: 90% of my units are terrible! XD

nah i'd rather do something fun thank you xD

Endless Frontier Exceed review

While the first Endless Frontier was not a good game, Exceed is, as it made small but worthwhile improvements to the formula. The biggest change is the addition of an "Evade Gauge", which now telegraphs when enemies could nullify your damage should you break the combo. No more will it be left to complete chance whether or not breaking the combo would screw you over. In addition, you also can nullify enemy damage by expending 50% of the special meter and the enemy doesn't have to break their combo to allow you to do it but i've noticed that this only works sometimes. There'd be times where i have enough to nullify but the prompt never came up so i just had to eat a massive combo. Other improvements include not putting in boss fights every two rooms, being able to swap party members mid-fight and the addition of Assist Characters which simultaneously increase the party size by a lot without making them actually playable. The COM system also gets a bit reworked, certain combo routes expend less COM so it would be ideal to find these routes....but honestly the COM system still kinda sucks so i admittedly did turn on cheats to keep COM at max, which honestly made the game a bit smoother. I can safely say tho that i did not turn on every cheat imaginable like in Endless Frontier so that's a plus. However, while the fighting game/RPG hybrid style of combat is still fun, i do feel like some battles could drag a bit so the game as a whole feels longer than it is....kinda the reason why i burned out earlier in the year and had to place this game on hold for a while.

As far as the non-gameplay side of the things, the game itself just looks better than the previous one. The UI is cleaner, the sprites have been touched up and the remixes are better too. The character writing is fun too, this game is not serious at all and much like the Project X Zone games, there is a lot of fun banter here. Fun and horny because everyone who isn't MOMO from Xenosaga is sexually charged in this game. Like there's something kinda amazing about everyone just being incredibly horny. This is a trend throughout this crossover series in general but i think the horniness really reached it's peak in these two games. And while the plot itself is not serious, i do like there being actual villains this time when there barely were any in the first game and i especially like that some plot elements ended up planting the seeds for Project X Zone 2, a game that would be released five years later.

Though i went out of order, this wild ride of crossovers that began in Namco x Capcom and ended (as of now) in Project X Zone 2 has come to an end. While Endless Frontier Exceed isn't as good as Project X Zone 2, it's still a decent game and i'm glad i was able to end this series on a high note, both in chronological and personal play order. Once again, Monolith Soft was able to prove that they know the science of improving a game.

7/10

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

What kind of meat does she like?

All of the meat. Beef, pork, chicken, fish, dick.

No but for real, with how horny these games are, i couldn't tell if the talk of meat was trying to fit in a dick joke somewhere. Maybe my mind was in the gutter but to be fair, this is the Endless Frontier.

Let me put it like this- the PS2 version of Original Generation 1 & 2 released in 2007. They added one very brief scene featuring showing a mysterious character in a dream in OG1. Said character technically showed up in The Moon Dwellers in 2016, except... it's not exactly the same person as the one in the dream, that I know. So here we are, in 2022, 15 years later, and that dreamy person still hasn't shown up, we still don't understand what exactly if anything they are planning. If they seriously intend to show at all b/c the dream language was dream language and that ain't perfectly transparent in meaning!

If i had a nickel for every time a long-running series set something up in a dream and has yet to fulfill it, i'd have two nickels. Which isn't a lot, it's just weird that it's happened twice.

(Trails is the other series here).

Whether or not to cut Xenosaga and or swap in Xenoblade (which one(s)?) would be another thing to think about.

Well KOS-MOS would show up regardless. She and the Shinra duo are the only characters who have consistently shown up every time. All Monolith Soft has to do is tell Namco "hey we'll be using KOS-MOS in our game" and Namco would give them the thumbs up.

Expect KOS-MOS as a DLC Hero in Xenoblade 3 btw.

Who am I kidding? No woman native to the Endless Frontier wears underwear. Barring maybe Henne, because she is the most un-sexed up female in the cast by far.

Normally the trope for when an anime woman forgets to wear panties is "I feel a draft below" but in the Endless Frontier, the women are simply used to that so you don't hear them complaining.

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

She's so proud of it.

might also let Suzuka get a little more spotlight I think, she is the EF original who was always the least important.

Yeah, in the first game, her goal is to stop her brother but in the second game she really just tags along because she can.