Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

ZPMAMtG.pngIpq9FwB.png

I debated on using Knoll on fear that he would just be Ewan but far worse but lets be honest

DNybPdG.pngaFtt29F.png

That's already pretty much what I'm doing with Joshua and Marisa.

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

But yeah, the original game having a weird interest in DiD is one thing. Sadly there were some additions to SoV that make things worse in places. This happening to good units doesn't help.

42 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Not exactly. Echoes actually manages to be worse here then the original.

There is the treatment of Celica, which is just plain baffling. Also the fact that the sole playable female character they added has no character beyond simping to the male protagonist. Not that Berkut's girlfriend is treated much better.
Also to mind come certain... framing decisions.

Mathilda-in-Prison.png

Youch.

Gross.

• Replies 176.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

TRS: Tia Revengeance Sessions

Spoiler

Got to the route split. Ahab was bown away by the white whale that is Lionel.

Am I unable to access Holmes's Convoy when I get to the route split itself? Do I have to go back to access equipment?

12 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

ZPMAMtG.pngIpq9FwB.png

I debated on using Knoll on fear that he would just be Ewan but far worse but lets be honest

DNybPdG.pngaFtt29F.png

That's the way to do it. It would break my heart if you benched my beloved depressed 0 luck hood man.

2 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

TRS: Tia Revengeance Sessions

Spoiler

Holmes: Why won't you die!?

Richard: Deus ex machina, son. It hardens in response to plot massacre.

2 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:
  Hide contents

Got to the route split. Ahab was bown away by the white whale that is Lionel.

Am I unable to access Holmes's Convoy when I get to the route split itself? Do I have to go back to access equipment?

Spoiler

It's possible to access Holmes's convoy, but it requires pressing a button that I don't remember while in the item menu. It's not very intuitive, but the option exists.

ZaAIQUJ.pnglj2lR3E.png

WHAT!!?

y5DAkvV.png

Where the fuck is Cormag.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's the way to do it. It would break my heart if you benched my beloved depressed 0 luck hood man.

I love how this just became the bad units run.

It's ironic because it's the exact reverse of what I was planning to do. I was planning on using the worst units on Eirika's easier route and use the more powerful units on Ephraim's harder route.

And yet, here we are.

23 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

ZPMAMtG.pngIpq9FwB.png

DNybPdG.pngaFtt29F.png

Ewan is 4 points above his Mag average here just sayin'. -2 on the Skl average, +1 on the Spd, -1 HP/Lck/Def, +2 Res.

As for Joshua,  +1 HP,  -1 Str/Spd/Def, +2 Lck. Marisa is +1 Str, -2 Spd.

So you're actually not wrong on your judgements on average, mostly.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But then, it's consistent with the rest of chapter 21. The map as a whole is seemingly designed to have Leif teleport with a single ally to the castle, and then have this army supposedly famous for their might vanish from existence in an instant. Because if you try anything else, anything that might even remotely resemble the climatic battle that this should be, Kaga hates you and does his utmost to make your life miserable and kill all the waifus and husbandos you love.

I tried a blend of berserking Rein and then playing the chapter conventionally, it didn't work. The stream of silver-packing reinforcements had too much firepower for my best frontliners to survive.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why wasn't he wearing armor during an invasion? I know he's a FE dad, but c'mon.

Remember, he said he was staying behind to find out why Grado invaded. He says nothing about staying behind to fight.

TjtlqdT.png

Can't wait to sell this thing and never see it again.

ApjJXQV.png2khHroY.png

The strategy worked!

Thank you whoever told me that I could steal things with thieves.

hzQZFIn.png

Ewan is probably one of the most powerful units on this team.

JMZeesU.png

Man it's always interesting finishing one of these long chapters only to come back and see that I didn't take that much interesting footage from it.

Well anyways, time to Face Orson.

2 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

ZaAIQUJ.pnglj2lR3E.png

WHAT!!?

And he kills his mother. How's that for a revelation?

y5DAkvV.png

Where the fuck is Cormag.

In your team, no? He joins Ephraim.

I love how this just became the bad units run.

It's ironic because it's the exact reverse of what I was planning to do. I was planning on using the worst units on Eirika's easier route and use the more powerful units on Ephraim's harder route.

And yet, here we are.

That's probably the reasonable thing, but then, we are all FE players here.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Remember, he said he was staying behind to find out why Grado invaded. He says nothing about staying behind to fight.

Still, you'd think he'd have some want for self-preservation.

27 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

2khHroY.png

To this day, I still absolutely love the fact that this is Valter's death quote. The insane murderer who can't shut up and spends the entire game toying with his "prey" and letting them go again and again because he considers it all to be one big game for his benefit. He dies with a shriek. He couldn't get some last creepy words out. Just pure fear as he goes down. Lovely.

28 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Well anyways, time to Face Orson.

Best villains interacting time.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

To this day, I still absolutely love the fact that this is Valter's death quote. The insane murderer who can't shut up and spends the entire game toying with his "prey" and letting them go again and again because he considers it all to be one big game for his benefit. He dies with a shriek. He couldn't get some last creepy words out. Just pure fear as he goes down. Lovely.

It is quite beautiful.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

In your team, no? He joins Ephraim.

Oh my god I think I killed Cormag without even knowing it.

It's actually a blank in my mind, I don't remember even fighting him.

Goddammit, he was one of the ones I actually really wanted to see the supports of.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's one of the more realistic reactions to being killed if we're being honest

No but yeah I agree with you. He's an...interesting villain.

14 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Goddammit, he was one of the ones I actually really wanted to see the supports of.

He was on Duessel's map. He was ordered by Selena to flank Duessel's forces.

He is recruited by either Duessel or for some reason Tana.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But then, it's consistent with the rest of chapter 21. The map as a whole is seemingly designed to have Leif teleport with a single ally to the castle, and then have this army supposedly famous for their might vanish from existence in an instant. Because if you try anything else, anything that might even remotely resemble the climatic battle that this should be, Kaga hates you and does his utmost to make your life miserable and kill all the waifus and husbandos you love.

I played that map straight once. You have to play very carefully.

ZPMAMtG.pngIpq9FwB.png

No, no, no...You should have early promoted them to those powerful summoners already. Break the game with the power of controllable fodder.

ZaAIQUJ.pnglj2lR3E.png

WHAT!!?

Did they not mention Caellach's history with Joshua last time because he was dead?

1 hour ago, Edelguardiansing said:

TjtlqdT.png

Can't wait to sell this thing and never see it again.

Not that surprised that is your reaction, but keeping it around to go for a hard kill isn't the worst idea either

1 hour ago, Edelguardiansing said:

ApjJXQV.png2khHroY.png

The strategy worked!

Thank you whoever told me that I could steal things with thieves.

You are welcome.

17 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Yeah, he started on the map with Dussell as an enemy back in chapter 10.

Edited by Eltosian Kadath
cut off mid sentence...

49 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

hzQZFIn.png

Ewan is probably one of the most powerful units on this team.

I mean, is he wrong?

5 minutes ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

jJg1cyd.png

Ah the "breather" between Ninja and Fox Hell

Those first few turns can still be rough though, but yeah it sure isn't like the other two.

Comparing them, Fox Hell's first half could be worse, but it's latter half is such a dice roll to be aggrevating while Ninja hell's first half is just awful but the second half isn't as bad if you have Kotaro beat.

But I still haven't overcome Hinoka on Lunatic. I think I'm going to hate the last 5 or 6 chapters of Conquest a bunch at this rate if I even manage to beat them.

4 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Did they not mention Caellach's history with Joshua last time because he was dead?

Nah, that's just never brought up unless Joshua actually enters combat with Caellach. But considering on Eirika's route you know Caellach killed Joshua's mother, it's natural to give the kill to him.

You only see this convo on Eprahim route. In Eirika's version, we see Rief having a conversation with Valter instead.

Edited by BrightBow

3 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Those first few turns can still be rough though, but yeah it sure isn't like the other two.

Well, it's rough, but atleast it's fun, unlike Fox and Ninja, hence breather XD

3 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

But I still haven't overcome Hinoka on Lunatic.

What do you have trouble with?

9 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

He was on Duessel's map. He was ordered by Selena to flank Duessel's forces.

He is recruited by either Duessel or for some reason Tana.

9 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Yeah, he started on the map with Dussell as an enemy back in chapter 10.

I don't think I'm ever going to live this down.

9 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

No, no, no...You should have early promoted them to those powerful summoners already. Break the game with the power of controllable fodder.

I've already done a few early premotes for the next chapter. I mean in Erika's route none of my units got even above level 10 in their promotions so I know minmaxing isn't needed.

I only have one Guiding ring though so it's between Knoll and Ewan.

13 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Not that I remember no.

6 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

I mean, is he wrong?

True enough.

I've been debating the topic of the bald man's class again. I really want to make him a wrangler, because it's a unique class that doesn't have any native prepromotes, but the mismatch is awful and I've found no other suitable animations to give him. So, in the end, I've decided on the nuclear solution: Boot him. He's a direct reference to another game, and that's cringe, after all. Even if he's a reference so absurdly obscure that nobody would call me out on it.

So now he's just going to be a boss, and I'm creating a new character to replace him. Nothing too ambitious like the eye or the bald man, just another splice.

hGYcOMUm_o.png

This is how he's coming along so far. I think I need to work on his left arm, his chest looks oddly tiny with how wide it is. Yes I know he's slenderman, he won't stay that way.

30 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Well... For the record, he was in Duessel's map. Duessel or Tana recruited him.

It's one of the more realistic reactions to being killed if we're being honest

It is law in the world of the Middle Ages of Anime that everybody must have a well-rehearsed death speech in case they ever die. It is also strictly forbidden to mortally wound a person in a way that instantly kills them.

No but yeah I agree with you. He's an...interesting villain.

For what he is, I really like him. He's very effective at being extremely slimy and hateable.

25 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I played that map straight once. You have to play very carefully.

So did I.

It was an absolutely grueling experience, and then Salem got crit by a ballista as I approached the castle.

I never was more proud to use a save state in my life. I hate that map so much.

24 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

11 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Not that I remember no.

The convo with Lyon doesn't happen in Eirika's route. It's Riev with Valter instead.

Just now, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

What do you have trouble with?

Everything effectively. If I'm struggling to deal with the first wave of reinforcements, I'm terrified of my chances beyond that.

I'm not going to worry about details at the minute, not when I don't have the 3DS with me.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

So now he's just going to be a boss,

Do we have to kill him?

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

hGYcOMUm_o.png

This is how he's coming along so far. I think I need to work on his left arm, his chest looks oddly tiny with how wide it is. Yes I know he's slenderman, he won't stay that way.

It's more like he's got a mutated arm that's hilariously big for the rest of him.

Don't give him a face, I dare you.