Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

And Joe's down. He accepts defeat... and true to his word, he tells UND he's quitting and coming over to our side. As Guy notes, he fights with who values his skill the most. And right now, that is Maito. Still, Joe makes sure to send a bill, asking for compensation for his work, heh. Rudi warns him for breaching contract, but Joe doesn't care, just telling them to come and get him, then. They only ever saw him as a tool to use, anyway. And so Joe joins.

Now only Zone and Rudi are left... phew, finally reaching the end...

• Replies 176.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Ghost and Steel-Type Pokemon: "allow us to introduce ourselves".

I'd imagine that any half-decent Dragonite set has a means to hit Steels, and Ghosts are not very durable for the most part.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Yeah, but I'd argue that it's still balanced within reason because

1. Literally everybody does the same thing with Dragonite, it's not that hard to predict
  2. Tanks can still completely wall these guys. I love Avalugg, and it turns some of those kinds of builds into jokes, but I think more competitively viable 'mons like Corviknight or Dondozo can also do.

Terastillization can be really powerful, but I think it rewards creative play and unpredictability by opening up movesets for different pokemon; if you're predictable with your typings, they can still pretty readily be countered.

1. That just makes it easier for other tera types to catch you off guard.
2.Tanks? You mean the stuff that tends to get used as setup fodder unless they have Unaware or something?

From what I've seen Terastallization, much like Dynamax, immensely favours offense. Aside from that, it causes a lot of volatile guessing games.

46 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I hope its sticks around, because its obvious that the main issue with the mechanic is that the meta around it hasn't stabilized enough.

I disagree for reasons stated above. Also, Dynamax was around for about 2 months before getting banned.

In other news, Espathra is moving up in the world. First QB of the new year; didn't even last an hour in UU lmao.

Edited by Shadow Mir

Zone's down. Bright tells him he could use his genius for better things... but Zone says his pride has been wounded by Harlock, and so declares his anger will only be quenched by defeating him. So he vows that next time he'll get him... and Bright too. He then leaves. Upon being asked, Bright says he does know him, a little.

And finally, Rudi falls. She muses that after this, she'll finished as UND's high commander. Saizo asks if it means she'll get demoted, but she says it won't be just that. So she simply says her farewells... and the E-Phas blows up. With the battle done, the group once again welcome Joe and the Autozam people aboard. The former retains his attitude, but Maito's fine with that. Upon being asked, Eagle confirms they are fighting to save Autozam. Fuu questions if that's true, as one warship seems too little for that. At this Eagle admits that while they are an invasion force, the outright conquest of Cephiro isn't what they're after. Rather, they seek something in specific... though he won't say what it is. Still, Hikaru is fine with that. The other two Magic Knights do warn him to not betray Hikaru's trust, to which he says that he wouldn't dream of it. Still, should they become enemies once again, he'll do things fair and square. But for now, they're part of T3.

Over at UND, Wassilmon plans to congratulate Rudi for her work... and punish her for her failure to enforce discipline. Still, the failure was expected though victory was still preferred. Now, phase two is to begin... and turns out he was reporting this to someone, who tells him it's on Wassilmon's hands and awaits good news. Wassilmon thinks how he had planned to relegate this remote frontier assignment, but now things have changed...

Back at VTX, Goldwin and Presbund celebrate the victory, though Presbund is more to just say T3 won. He also has to make another announcement, to further dispel the public's fear of alien invasion. Still, they don't think UND will just leave quietly, thus the need for mankind to present a united front. They exchange some banter, commenting about their ages and behaviors, and how T3 shows the younger generations have what it takes to be entrusted with a new Golden Age. Still, Goldwin doesn't plan to miss out on that. The dream they both shared since young, they'll fight hard to make it a reality. Thus the stage ends...

Finally!

Oh lol, the El Dora Team's Ace chat involve them offering Rami an offer to be their fifth pilot. Naturally, she refuses, but still... don't tease with those ideas if you're not going to deliver, game, pft...

Ohlololol, in the post-scenario talk after welcoming the Autozam guys aboard, the SS3 girls comment about Eagle and how it'd be hard for a lady being his equal... only for Amies to say it would be a guy instead... saying instead of equals it's opposites who could be more attractive. Great, she's the resident Yaoi Fangirl. lol And this is CLAMP and I've seen this rodeo. I know who they're not-quite-directly talking about here... even if he's not yet to join the team. Because Autozam is one thing, but HE joining before schedule would be... actually, that's very curious SRW T took this path. Besides, as the manga showed, the answer was a threesome. Well anyway... alright, got the TacP Bonus! Guess it was only when Eagle piloted the FTO after all.

Also, at this point, we unlock more Sub-Order slots. Two more for each category bringing to a total of seven, or eight with the TacP Customization Bonus in its respective area. Also, the effects receive a boost too. Nice!

Finally, two more DLC scenarios have unlocked. But these... will be for next time...

As a last note, despite Eagle also captaining the NSX, he joins in the FTO. Geo is the NSX captain and... Zazu is just an NPC. Not a subpilot or even supporter. Weird. Even SRW 30 did nothing to change that. Oh well...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Bless Sawano's music

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Flg7ptqWYAIeL2T?format=jpg&name=large

Always knew X was a more visually impressive Wii U game but I'd be lying if I said it still didn't blow me away when I saw it for myself on an actual console.

Can't think of a game from the console that manages to be a stunner quite like this off the top of my head.

Monolith Soft actual wizards.

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Terastallization has the same opportunity cost as EV and Natures. Imagine if the generation 3 were as obsessed with the status quo as this gen's Smogon, we might have had a suspect test on EVs and Natures, as they try to maintain the known stats of Generations 1 and 2...

Honestly I'm of the opinion that the Pokemon competitive community is too trigger happy with bans. Banning Legendaries is one thing cause like even the games themselves do that (which I think is dumb but w/e) but normal-ass Pokemon get banned for being "too strong" or whatever and it reeks of a skill issue tbh.

Free him.

45 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I'd imagine that any half-decent Dragonite set has a means to hit Steels, and Ghosts are not very durable for the most part.

But then Extreme Speed isn't being used in those situations now is it?

45 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Aside from that, it causes a lot of volatile guessing games.

That's good. My main critique of competitive Pokemon has always been that it's essentially a stat race. I mean that's true for casual battles too but casual battles are more fun on account that they don't need to follow any rules. Teras add an extra layer of mind games that would make competitive more fun.

4 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Speaking of rankings you should rank Rean’s romance options, I’m on mobile but pretend that was strikethroughed.

Characters aren’t ordered within tiers

kOO42rw.png
Good thing no one was logged on to see that I changed the tier list like 4 times

Changed it a 5th time lmao

Edited by Sooks

That stray cat I mentioned a while ago... he's dead.

He arrived to the yard, lied down... and that was it. He also... meowed quite fiercely, which makes me think it was out of agony. He has no signs of injury, so whatever killed him... he knew, and came to be with us for his final moments. Or at least that's how it looks like... doesn't make it any less depressing even if it wasn't...

Well, not like the year wasn't sucking already...

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

He arrived to the yard, lied down... and that was it. He also... meowed quite fiercely, which makes me think it was out of agony. He has no signs of injury, so whatever killed him... he knew, and came to be with us for his final moments. Or at least that's how it looks like... doesn't make it any less depressing even if it wasn't...

oof

Lmao, it’s so much fun to read me and Shrimpy openly talking about CS2, the beginning of 06 and lightcosmo’s rivalry, and Ruben’s Triangle Strategy posting now that I know what happens.

Thanks Lightchao.

Edited by Sooks

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

How much ink was involved?

How much do you thInk, Sooks?

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

She’s filing for divorce.

Nono, you missed the arc we had in Trails in the Water when Dad adopted her.

2 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

That just makes it easier for other tera types to catch you off guard.

Yeah, and that's fun! It allows the metagame to grow beyond a certain set of strongest teams, since tera types are wild cards that can stop certain strategies from working flawlessly. Plus, since you tend to see a lot of the same teams (At least at the level I play at, which is generally the very bottom of OU, with a team made entirely with UU or RU 'mons), you can cater your own teras against the common strats or foes.

2 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

You mean the stuff that tends to get used as setup fodder unless they have Unaware or something?

Plus, many tanks have offensive upsides. For example, walling off a tera'd Dragonite with something really bulky gives you a couple turns to set up with that tank, whether that's with offensive stats or defensive ones. For my teams, for example, I buff up Avalugg's defense as high as possible then Body Press away until a ghost type comes out. Alternatively, I recover to get to full HP, then Sturdy + Mirror Coat if a special sweeper comes out.

Additionally, if it's the typing that's coming into play, then you might be able to use a really powerful offensive pokemon to block off the opponent's tera type. With your own tera, you can steal a turn to buff up- Again using the Dragonite-Extr.Speed example, you could switch into a pokemon with Dragon Dance/Quiver Dance, etc., and tera into ghost to give you a free turn to set up against them. It can also be readily countered with Fake Out shenanigans, stopped altogether by a ghost type, or PP stalled with Protect and/or substitutes. Haxorus (or anyone else) with First Impression can also do some pretty big damage. And hey, you could even tera Haxo into Bug type to get a STAB on the tera'd Dragonite!

It's kind of like Cyclizar's thing where it substitutes and switches in to another pokemon*; based on what you have on your team and what they have on their team, part of your strategy is guessing what pokemon they're going in to, and part of their strategy is going to be trying to switch into something that you can't damage while still doing something useful. Tera typing is very similar in that regard; in switching types, you take on both its advantages and its disadvantages. Predictability is punished because tera types can be exploited and cause pokemon to become more vulnerable. All types have pros and cons, and you take those on when you terastillize.

Tera adds so much versatility, creativity and strategy to Gen 9 competitive; if they remove it, it loses pretty much everything that makes it unique, and a massive portion of the strategy that defines this game will be lost to more generic "strongest pokemon wins" strategies. Options to fight against common threats will become more limited, reading the opponent will become less important, and the field of viable teams will shrink- Especially with the already tiny size of OU in mind. Unlike Dynamax, it doesn't just turn a pokemon into an unkillable demon for a duration; it allows players to try new things and forces new measures to counter them. In no other game can I counter really powerful pokemon with chipper underdogs with a fighting spirit, and in no other game do I get rewarded for thinking outside the box in the same way Gen. 9 allows us to.

In the same way that types and switching are balanced within reason, so too is tera typing.

*I know this move is busted, but that's beside the point to an extent; within reason, you can still guess what the opponent's going to do and punish them if you read them correctly. You could also substitute it for a move like U-Turn and the same about predicting applied, it's just that in my experience, if you see a Cyclizar, you know 9/10 times it's going to substitute.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

Mom..? Bro? Sis? GRANDMA!?

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Damn, I'm sorry...

Well, hopefully 2023 is just getting all the bad luck out of the way at the start.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I’m sorry that happened. May he rest in peace.

29 minutes ago, Benice said:

How much do you thInk, Sooks?

I think this was your room that day

Nono, you missed the arc we had in Trails in the Water when Dad adopted her.

Wait, you mean you didn’t just meet? I wasn’t conceived a couple days ago?

You, me, Mom, and Grandpa should all go to Inkopolis together one day.

Edited by Sooks

41 minutes ago, Sooks said:

think this was your room that day

Nononononono

There weren't that many people.

Wait, you mean you didn’t just meet? I wasn’t conceived a couple days ago?

Time is convoluted, Sooks.

...Okay, it was only established in Teehee canon three days ago, but the gestation period for squid is 4-8 weeks and we canonically had to try for two years before we had ypu, so...

You, me, Mom, and Grandpa should all go to Inkopolis together one day.

I mean, if you have Splatoon 1...

Back in my squid days, we didn't HAVE to pay for Nintendo Online!

Edited by Benice

37 minutes ago, Benice said:

Nononononono

There weren't that many people.

Not the point I was trying to make—

Time is convoluted, Sooks.

...Okay, it was only established in Teehee canon three days ago, but the gestation period for squid is 4-8 weeks and we canonically had to try for two years before we had ypu, so...

Is the gestation period altered if the child is half-human?

Back in my squid days, we didn't HAVE to pay for Nintendo Online!

Wait, you’re a squid? I’m 100% squid?

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

He is in S, he’s just not a Cold Steel 4 character.

Well he should be.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

I exaggerate about learning new Spanish words from other countries but it really is a "TIL" moment. Before working at the store, the only "Spanish differences" i knew were that Colombians call beans "frijoles" and Venezuelans call beans "caraotas".

Meanwhile Spain: F R E J O L E S

It is vastly understated how different the Spanish from one region to another is. Like, calzadores being calzados in Venezuela is utterly baffling to me, since here in Spain, we call footwear "calzado."

7 hours ago, Green06 said:

I want to know which characters you killed, that's why I asked for spoilers.

Play the hack

Okay, okay, fine. I will spill the beans.

Spoiler

Seth.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, no... That's terrible. Poor little guy.

8 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Hey speaking of fake Christians, in my Vic 3 game I reluctantly had to put the evangelicals into power just to keep the state from falling apart. I booted them out soon enough so hopefully church and state will be separated in the foreseeable future.

I hope you have been crushing the landowners. I haven't gotten Vicky3 yet, but I hear they're a bunch of buttfaces.

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I hope you were able to take care of it in the end.

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

Lmao, it’s so much fun to read me and Shrimpy openly talking about CS2, the beginning of 06 and lightcosmo’s rivalry, and Ruben’s Triangle Strategy posting now that I know what happens.

Thanks Lightchao.

Xd

I just had the best night's sleep in a long time...

10 hours ago, Benice said:

...Not this one, I meant his length in 0.

Yakuza 0

10 hours ago, Benice said:

Also, wait, is that Reina's hair, or Saejima's?

Reina

10 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

I didn't buy his DLC chapter

It's kinda mid since it was building towards a new set of DLCs that were cancelled, but you may like if you want to see Insomnia in all it's glory.

I'll play the other lads' DLC chapters at some point.

Ignis' episode has an alternate ending that's honestly better than the game's original ending

Bless Sawano's music.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, okay, fine. I will spill the beans.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/OqxLu9tXnpU/maxresdefault.jpg

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

What was this about 06?

Altina having heart events

Lgkcxdtb o

2 minutes ago, Green06 said:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/OqxLu9tXnpU/maxresdefault.jpg

I live for people's reactions to that right now. Someone in FEUniverse informed me that he wishes I stub my pinkie toe any time I walk around. Just an hour ago someone else told me he hates me more as the game progresses.

Yesss. Feed me, one and all. Deliver unto me thy sweet tears.

13 hours ago, Green06 said:

https://i.redd.it/50h7rc0uzpz81.png

If only Vivi… but that’s why we have mods.

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

Characters aren’t ordered within tiers

I was only expecting you do the pairings possible in-game, but thanks.

You were the chosen one, how can Alisa not be top tier? Though Towa being so high is good.

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

Good thing no one was logged on to see that I changed the tier list like 4 times

Changed it a 5th time lmao

#ReleaseTheOtherFourListsSooks

8 hours ago, Sooks said:

Thanks Lightchao.

I’m not sure what I did but

2dnuzd.jpg
Unrelatedly, 13 Sentinels confirmed a conspiracy theory I had:

Spoiler

Namely that Iori and Morimura are the same person… somehow. And here I thought it was just a case of VA reuse…

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

But then Extreme Speed isn't being used in those situations now is it?

If it routinely forces situations where I have to sack at least two mons to deal with it, there's a problem. Also, most steel and ghost mons are gonna be slower, especially if it already got a Dragon Dance off beforehand.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Honestly I'm of the opinion that the Pokemon competitive community is too trigger happy with bans. Banning Legendaries is one thing cause like even the games themselves do that (which I think is dumb but w/e) but normal-ass Pokemon get banned for being "too strong" or whatever and it reeks of a skill issue tbh.

I would say that in general, the big reasons for bans are overcentralization, high variance, and to get rid of degenerate strategies (and this is true for competitive communities in general). Sure, keeping something obviously broken may mean more options on paper, but in practice, it actually means less options when you always gotta account for blatantly broken stuff. On the high variance front, there's a reason why evasion and OHKO moves are banned. I'd say Terastallization falls under that as well. For a case of the latter, look at Swagplay in Gen 6, which was so despised it even got banned from Ubers. Also, Endless Battle Clause. Going on to something else, look at Yugioh. They originally didn't have a banlist, only limiting cards (normally, you can has up to 3 copies of a card in a deck, but limited cards only allow one while you can have 2 of a semi-limited card). Then Yata-Garasu happened. Or to be more exact, the combination of Chaos Emperor Dragon and Yata-Garasu. The former allowed the player to nuke every card on the field and in both players' hands. The latter, while very weak, prevented the opponent from drawing if it dealt damage to the opponent's LP. Now, the strategy was to use CED's effect while a Sangan or Witch of the Black Forest was on the field (both allowed searching for monsters when sent to the graveyard from the field), then use the latter's effect to get Yata out of their deck and attack directly. Putting aside the fact that CED's effect likely dealt massive damage, this also prevented the opponent from doing anything because not only is their hand empty thanks to CED, they can't draw because Yata dealt damage. Is it any surprise then that this caused YGO to start banning cards? I'd say not. All this being said, Yata-Garasu is unbanned now because its partners in crime (the 3 aforementioned cards) all have gotten nerfed since.

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

Because Game Freak are cowards.

I'd sooner say that they learn from their mistakes. 

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

kOO42rw.png

The existence of pointless incest implies the existence of necessary incest.

7 hours ago, Benice said:

Yeah, and that's fun! It allows the metagame to grow beyond a certain set of strongest teams, since tera types are wild cards that can stop certain strategies from working flawlessly.

Swampert when the Electric-Type Tera-changes into a Grass-Type

tenor_72.gif

8 hours ago, Benice said:

if they remove it, it loses pretty much everything that makes it unique, and a massive portion of the strategy that defines this game will be lost to more generic "strongest pokemon wins" strategies.

Hence my critique of the competitive scene essentially being a stat-race to see who wins.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It is vastly understated how different the Spanish from one region to another is. Like, calzadores being calzados in Venezuela is utterly baffling to me, since here in Spain, we call footwear "calzado."

Now that i think about it, "calz" is used quite a lot huh.

• Calzetine (another word for socks)
  • Calzonsillos (another word for underwear)
  • Calzado/r (shoehorn)

Ok i guess that's not quite a lot but apart from shoehorn, it's used for interior clothing.