• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

DJ7e1J-VwAAM49h?format=jpg&name=large

This is a surviving sketch of beta-Nayru, just tossing this out there. Back when Mystical Seed of Wisdom was about colors.

I'd say, left looks better. If only because right one makes her look a bit like Zelda. Or at least, it gives me that vibe.

A shame the painter idea got scrapped. Though I figure moving the singer/harpist idea to Nayru was so she could be a foil to Din being a dancer?

(Mystical Seed of Courage never had its primary gameplay aspect revealed).

Would've totally been a survival horror.

And, back when Oracle of Seasons was Tale of Power, the plot had Ganon steal the Rod of Seasons and sink Hyrule Castle, sending the seasons into chaos. He also split the Triforce of Power into eight, which would've been what you collected instead of essences. 

Wind Waker, is that you?

53 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You can see traces of this with those color blocks and color tile puzzles.

Not gonna lie, those giant rooms you have to walk through very carefully are my favorite puzzles in OoA.😄 

53 minutes ago, Armagon said:

What would've been Veran's plan then? Make everything black and white?

That we don't know. Veran does turn Ambi's Tower into the Black Tower.

...Although at least Veran exists. And the whole possession of Nayru means she -probably- always was intended for Mystical Seed of Wisdom. I don't see a detail that intimate being added later.

If they had already thought of an original villain for Mystical Seed of Courage or not, we do not know. Although, given Courage was to be themed around four times of day (morning-day/noon-evening-night), unchanging time could've been their plan, which is what Veran does. She used Nayru's powers to create a perpetual evening in the Past to force workers to toil nonstop until the Black Tower was finished.

48 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Considering the 8 dungeon format, it's perfect to recover each element of ROY G BIV in each dungeon. Well, maybe not Indigo, would have to be some other color. Pink? Brown? Both?

White is all eight colors of light combined. As the eighth element it would've been perfect, unless they saved "rainbow" for that. Though whether or not indigo would work I'm unsure of.

48 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Monochrome would also be a good way to convey sorrow?

Emphasis on this word b/c the Flame of Sorrow.

This sorta asks the question of in which draft the three Flames of evil for the finale showdown with Big G enter the picture. If the Triforce were around, I don't quite see the need for the Flames, reassembling all three of those ought to suffice. -But there would have to be the final unlinked villain (I doubt the games would all end in a Ganon fight unlinked) boss battle before Ganon could appear, so maybe the Flames are an old idea?

37 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

A shame the painter idea got scrapped. Though I figure moving the singer/harpist idea to Nayru was so she could be a foil to Din being a dancer?

Courage I already mentioned was times of day for its theme. So the singer attribute, once seemingly had by Farore-

400px-Zelda_Oracles_(GBC)_prerelease-Far

...was always going to be associated with time, in a sense.

The Essences of Time -I'm not sure of how the Japanese words it, but the English descriptions of several of them say "speaks across time", "whispers only truth", "echoes far across", "roars into a crashing wave". The Harp of Ages has the "Tune of Echoes".

That little bear charm and showcasing Ricky with Tale of Power, was Moosh going to be Courage's "default" beast? Is the only reason both Oracles have all three animal companions b/c the third game got canceled? The world may never know.

Although, having one companion per game could've been a better idea if it was ever considered. It would've freed the world to work the animal into it more, instead of basically relegating them to a single area.

37 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Would've totally been a survival horror.

Zelda core gameplay being what it is, "exploration" would be my choice of how to personify courage. Explorers of the unknown have to be courageous. Fighting, puzzling, exploring, sounds like a perfect trifecta to reflect the Triforce.

Exploration on a Game Boy Color though... how would one get the most out of that?🤔 -And alas, we do not know if this is what Capcom was actually planning for Courage.

42 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wind Waker, is that you?

That broke the ToC.😛

...We've never had the ToP be shattered, Wisdom got scattered in LoZ1, Courage in WW, but Power has avoided breakage. No doubt b/c it has become Ganon's. Sounds weird enough that he would've scattered it in Chapter of Power, instead of clinging to its might to his dying breath like he always does when he has the chance.

And I'm a little confused, if Ganon sank Hyrule Castle in Tale of Power, then it would take place in Hyrule. Where were Wisdom and Courage then going to happen? Different parts of Hyrule ala Zelda II turning Zelda 1's "Hyrule" into the "Death Mountain Area" subregion? Or were those going to be distant lands?

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not gonna lie, those giant rooms you have to walk through very carefully are my favorite puzzles in OoA.😄 

The last two I had to look up lmao.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

We've never had the ToP be shattered, Wisdom got scattered in LoZ1, Courage in WW, but Power has avoided breakage. No doubt b/c it has become Ganon's.

Yeah like the Triforce of Wisdom and Courage being scattered was to prevent it from falling into the wrong hands.

Ganondorf doesn't want anyone else to have the Triforce of Power, it's either his or no one's.

I can't fucking believe it.

oqSzTACO_o.jpg

One move.

I literally only needed ONE MORE MOVE and Roland would've finished it.

And I lost because all the useless people kept getting turns.

This motherfucking map, I am so angry right now.

28 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That we don't know. Veran does turn Ambi's Tower into the Black Tower.

...Although at least Veran exists. And the whole possession of Nayru means she -probably- always was intended for Mystical Seed of Wisdom. I don't see a detail that intimate being added later.

If they had already thought of an original villain for Mystical Seed of Courage or not, we do not know. Although, given Courage was to be themed around four times of day (morning-day/noon-evening-night), unchanging time could've been their plan, which is what Veran does. She used Nayru's powers to create a perpetual evening in the Past to force workers to toil nonstop until the Black Tower was finished.

So more of Courage being moved into Ages, eh.

White is all eight colors of light combined. As the eighth element it would've been perfect, unless they saved "rainbow" for that. Though whether or not indigo would work I'm unsure of.

I would think White wouldn't need to be picked up, if the idea is for it to be monochromatic at first. Also, white is all colors combined... in light, not paint.

If only due to necessity, they'd have to replace Indigo with a more commonly used color. And add an eight color as well.

Emphasis on this word b/c the Flame of Sorrow.

This sorta asks the question of in which draft the three Flames of evil for the finale showdown with Big G enter the picture. If the Triforce were around, I don't quite see the need for the Flames, reassembling all three of those ought to suffice. -But there would have to be the final unlinked villain (I doubt the games would all end in a Ganon fight unlinked) boss battle before Ganon could appear, so maybe the Flames are an old idea?

Maybe Koume and Kotake, or rather Twinrova, would've been the third boss?

Courage I already mentioned was times of day for its theme. So the singer attribute, once seemingly had by Farore-

400px-Zelda_Oracles_(GBC)_prerelease-Far

...was always going to be associated with time, in a sense.

The Essences of Time -I'm not sure of how the Japanese words it, but the English descriptions of several of them say "speaks across time", "whispers only truth", "echoes far across", "roars into a crashing wave". The Harp of Ages has the "Tune of Echoes".

I meant when they had to trim down the games to two. Though yes, they wanted to keep the time theme going (as the Seasons are also an indication of time), and the Singing/Dancing pairing helped to keep it consistent.

Zelda core gameplay being what it is, "exploration" would be my choice of how to personify courage. Explorers of the unknown have to be courageous. Fighting, puzzling, exploring, sounds like a perfect trifecta to reflect the Triforce.

Exploration on a Game Boy Color though... how would one get the most out of that?🤔 -And alas, we do not know if this is what Capcom was actually planning for Courage.

Maybe it could've been more like having Quests. Interacting with people, objects, etc. Different from puzzles in that sense.

But yeah, perhaps we may never know.

That broke the ToC.😛

...We've never had the ToP be shattered, Wisdom got scattered in LoZ1, Courage in WW, but Power has avoided breakage. No doubt b/c it has become Ganon's. Sounds weird enough that he would've scattered it in Chapter of Power, instead of clinging to its might to his dying breath like he always does when he has the chance.

And I'm a little confused, if Ganon sank Hyrule Castle in Tale of Power, then it would take place in Hyrule. Where were Wisdom and Courage then going to happen? Different parts of Hyrule ala Zelda II turning Zelda 1's "Hyrule" into the "Death Mountain Area" subregion? Or were those going to be distant lands?

Well, a Triforce was still shattered, heh.

Maybe it was still different kingdoms? Keeping the theme of three. Three Houses Kingdoms.

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I mean

How could they've done it better? Arena Ferox is just a flat map. You can't do much with it XD

e0c30a2a16ff589666edd9af99113b24.png

Lucina vs Chrom! This time playing from her PoV though!

There, won. I did worse and got a few less spoils, but I won, which is what matters.

9 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

e0c30a2a16ff589666edd9af99113b24.png

Lucina vs Chrom! This time playing from her PoV though!

So... A single unit against an army?

...Honestly, I think the better choice would've been to just pick a different map to represent Awakening lol. Arena Ferox is a literal square.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Honestly, I think the better choice would've been to just pick a different map to represent Awakening lol. Arena Ferox is a literal square.

You talking about Awakening here

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All right, here we go.

Time to fight racism.

Oh hey, it'd been a while since the last of Quetzalmon.

Yesterday was my 18th birthday so I thought "Hey, what's more adult than playing Pokemon and posting my playthrough for Fire Emblem fans to react to?"

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

You talking about Awakening here

I mean, yes, but Engage made the Sacae gaiden map work. I really think Engage could've taken something like Ferox Keep or Chrom's house, or heck even the infamous tree and made it work. The problem is that they went with a literal square, and literal squares are almost impossible to make interesting lol

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

Yes let's pretend I didn't write what I wrote afterwards shall we

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

Yesterday was my 18th birthday so I thought "Hey, what's more adult than playing Pokemon and posting my playthrough for Fire Emblem fans to react to?"

Oh, congratulations! You're an adult now. Surely you must feel so much more mature than the day before? That's how age works, after all.

10 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Oh, Happy Birthday!

Being an adult is not caring that others think its childish.

Dog.

Dog.

I have no actually good names for Mightyena, so I just gave up for this one I admit.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

These are all 10/10 names.

Thank you! I had decent names in mind for some pokemon, but... Well, some just ended up with random names. Such as McCloyster the (unevolved) Cloyster, Slap-Chop the Machop, IIIIIIII the Sableye, a Relicanth named The Brick, and my personal favorite, a Wailmer named Henry. For no reason other than this:

5 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Interesting choice, personally I probably would have gone the other way

Yeah, I probably should have.

I was also considering bringing neither, since four of my six team members were weak to Ice, and only one resisted.

I am especially surprised you didn't have baton pass to have him pass the speed and attack buffs off to other pokes

I tried not to use the most powerful strategies possible; Double Team + Swords Dance into Baton Pass would have pretty much swept the game immediately, and... Well, even though I really am bad at Pokemon, I do like to use the worse options, just like in FE.

A sad way to go, but I bet that weather control was vital.

Sadly, it didn't really accomplish much, since Whiscash didn't care between surf and Ice Beam either way, and the rest of my team was weak to Ice Beam. I was mostly banking on Overheat being able to OHKO, but I don't think it would have even with a crit.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Dog.

I have no actually good names for Mightyena, so I just gave up for this one I admit.

I would've gone with one of the Lion King hyenas.

31 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Well happy belated birthday GuardianSing and welcome to adulthood. In three more years you’ll be able to enjoy the finer things in life.

6 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Well happy belated birthday GuardianSing and welcome to adulthood. In three more years you’ll be able to enjoy the finer things in life.

He is already playing FE, there's no finer

17 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

He is already playing FE, there's no finer.

Come now Shrimp-kun, what better way is there to kill the pain from playing Engage?

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

Potato Goddess

20 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not to worry. Benedict always finds a way to murder.

If Benedict is the defendant, the charges are probably true... whatever those charges are.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Considering the 8 dungeon format, it's perfect to recover each element of ROY G BIV in each dungeon. Well, maybe not Indigo, would have to be some other color. Pink? Brown? Both?

Indigo is a fake color, Isaac Newton only added it because he wanted seven colors. If anything, cyan is considered the actual seventh color on the visible spectrum nowadays.

If I had to pick an eighth color, it would be magenta; it isn't on the visible spectrum, but it exists in the brain as an "in-between" for red and violet.

50 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Happy (late) birdday!

thumb-1920-1037028.jpg

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Happy birthday @GuardianSing. The era of paying taxes is imminent for you.

Don't worry, soon we will have dating sims to help us with taxes.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So... A single unit against an army?

Actually, no but that's was just a screenshot to give you an idea. Xd