August's Legendary + Double Special Heroes Speculation: Say Goodbye to Your Orbs

daisy jane

Everyone is wrong. The new legendary is clearly Merlinus as a blue tome cav. Darros, Jorge... All the signs are there. (But seriously, I will be absolutely astounded if it actually winds up being Merlinus.)

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking a bit further ahead, I wonder if they'll handle the remaining fairies on a similar schedule to Hel's team. They could start us off in September with Plumeria, then give Freyr the Peony/Mirabilis treatment in November to coincide with the Book 4 finale, then Triandra in January and Freyja in July (or May).

Getting one mythic in September and two in November could mean wrapping up the 16 element-stat combinations right at the end of Book 4, if they consist of one Light and two Astra, which would mean Book 5 is when we find out what happens when they want to make more than four mythics of a given element. That'd be fitting.

53 minutes ago, Othin said:

Getting one mythic in September and two in November could mean wrapping up the 16 element-stat combinations right at the end of Book 4, if they consist of one Light and two Astra, which would mean Book 5 is when we find out what happens when they want to make more than four mythics of a given element. That'd be fitting.

I assume they are going to introduce some kind of scoring effect similar to what Legendary Heroes have. While Aether Raids does not care about BST, Mjölnir's Strike does, so I think they might keep the 180 BST part and add some additional scoring effect for Aether Raids. Like maybe a number of deaths equal to the number of scoring Mythics on the team will not cause less Lift to be gained on offense, so if the player is using two scoring Mythics, they can have up to 2 deaths on offense during the match and still gain full Lift. And on defense, I guess more Lift loss reduction and/or extending protection period.

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

I assume they are going to introduce some kind of scoring effect similar to what Legendary Heroes have. While Aether Raids does not care about BST, Mjölnir's Strike does, so I think they might keep the 180 BST part and add some additional scoring effect for Aether Raids. Like maybe a number of deaths equal to the number of scoring Mythics on the team will not cause less Lift to be gained on offense, so if the player is using two scoring Mythics, they can have up to 2 deaths on offense during the match and still gain full Lift. And on defense, I guess more Lift loss reduction and/or extending protection period.

Interesting, I hadn't thought of that angle.

They could also just repeat stat boosts, which would be boring. Although repeating an alternate effect could also get boring, like how all legendaries do the same thing now.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Thinking a bit further ahead, I wonder if they'll handle the remaining fairies on a similar schedule to Hel's team. They could start us off in September with Plumeria, then give Freyr the Peony/Mirabilis treatment in November to coincide with the Book 4 finale, then Triandra in January and Freyja in July (or May).

What they'd probably do (if they follow this) instead is have Freyja and Freyr be mythics on mythic banners and have the other fairies be introduced like Peony and Mirabilis. After all, those two are deities and will probably be given better treatment because of it. Of course, this is also assuming they don't introduce more fairies before then.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Interesting, I hadn't thought of that angle.

They could also just repeat stat boosts, which would be boring. Although repeating an alternate effect could also get boring, like how all legendaries do the same thing now.

Yeah, I wish they would fill up the stat boost slots for Legendary Heroes. Scoring effect is nice, but stat boosts are good too.

1 minute ago, Mercakete said:

What they'd probably do (if they follow this) instead is have Freyja and Freyr be mythics on mythic banners and have the other fairies be introduced like Peony and Mirabilis. After all, those two are deities and will probably be given better treatment because of it. Of course, this is also assuming they don't introduce more fairies before then.

It depends on how they want to split it. Peony and Mirabilis are the minor light fairies, Plumeria and Triandra are the minor dark fairies, Freyr is the major light fairy, and Freyja is the major dark fairy. So it could be that the Mirabilis treatment is for minor fairies, or for light fairies, or for just minor light fairies and there won't be any more with it. Or it's three of the minor fairies and one gets left out.

One way or another, I think it'd make sense for there to be just one more Mirabilis-style fairy released, since otherwise it'd get a bit crowded, with probably just three chapters left. I like the idea of one of them being in the first chapter, one in the middle, and one for the finale. And leaving more than three fairies being relegated to mythic banners would really crowd the upcoming mythic slots.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yeah, I wish they would fill up the stat boost slots for Legendary Heroes. Scoring effect is nice, but stat boosts are good too.

Yeah, that lack of symmetry really bugs me. Maybe they'll have the start of Book 5 OC be one of the remaining stat-boost legendaries? That way they wouldn't have to worry about it taking over a legendary banner for something that could seem outdated, or about releasing a special scoring effect free. They could then finish the grid with Book 6, although they'd be out of luck afterward.

Much as I think staff Elincia would be cool, it would slightly bug me if Queen Elincia was a staff flier instead of a sword flier with Amiti. I know, I know, staff fliers are rarer and all that stuff, but PoR!Elincia is the more idealistic version of Elincia, who may not have been as confident about her fighting skills but if she could save one soldier's life then it would all have been worth it. RD!Elincia is the one who realizes that if she wants to be queen, she has to shank people who want to overthrow her and hurt Crimea.

8 hours ago, Othin said:

This is my train of thought as well. I fully am expecting Plumeria next month after we "beat" her like we did Thrasir

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Much as I think staff Elincia would be cool, it would slightly bug me if Queen Elincia was a staff flier instead of a sword flier with Amiti. I know, I know, staff fliers are rarer and all that stuff, but PoR!Elincia is the more idealistic version of Elincia, who may not have been as confident about her fighting skills but if she could save one soldier's life then it would all have been worth it. RD!Elincia is the one who realizes that if she wants to be queen, she has to shank people who want to overthrow her and hurt Crimea.

This is true, but man, there are SO many sword legendaries already and hardly any colorless ones. And none of those few colorless legendaries use a staff. So I really think we need legendary flying healer Elincia and legendary healer Micaiah at some point because they both can canonically use staves. There aren't really any candidates for staff legendaries that make more sense than these two.

Besides, PoR Elincia got Amiti despite canonically having better magic than strength, so...

Edited by Anacybele

16 hours ago, XRay said:

Will those new mythic heroes provide stat bonuses?

Anyway, my idea is that the new set of mythic heroes will provide dual stat bonuses. 

Maybe hp+3/atk+2/spd+3 or HP+3/def+4/res+4.

4 hours ago, Jave said:

I'm personally ready for Legendary Sanaki, myself.

Very unlikely that she'd be legendary. And even if she had a chance, she'd definitely be Fire which I don't think is a possibility this time around.

24 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Very unlikely that she'd be legendary. And even if she had a chance, she'd definitely be Fire which I don't think is a possibility this time around.

Yeah, at the moment we've got only 5 Wind but 6 of every other element. While the mythics have gotten irregular (We got our 4th Anima and Dark before our 3rd Astra), the legendaries have so far stuck to cycles of 4, one of each element, and the current cycle calls for Wind. It's not impossible for them to break the pattern, but it does seem unlikely.

9 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yeah, at the moment we've got only 5 Wind but 6 of every other element. While the mythics have gotten irregular (We got our 4th Anima and Dark before our 3rd Astra), the legendaries have so far stuck to cycles of 4, one of each element, and the current cycle calls for Wind. It's not impossible for them to break the pattern, but it does seem unlikely.

Yeah, and the main reason I'm banking harder than ever for Lincy this time is that it definitely looks to be colorless Wind and Claude just got CYL.

And now on top of that, Feh Channel might have foreshadowed her!

11 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I still thinks Byleth is possible this month...

Byleth would certainly make sense character-wise, but they seem like a pretty poor fit for Wind to me. If they're going to share an element with a house leader, I'd expect it to be Fire.

4 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Wouldn't Byleth fit more as Mythic considering the time skip part of the game?

It's difficult to say. So far, the pattern seems to be that alts are legendary while mythics are "regular" versions, but Enlightened Byleth is in the odd position of being a pretty good fit for either legendary or mythic criteria. We'll have to see how they choose to handle them.

Honestly, given that both male and female Byleth exist, I could see them making one legendary and the other mythic.

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

It's difficult to say. So far, the pattern seems to be that alts are legendary while mythics are "regular" versions, but Enlightened Byleth is in the odd position of being a pretty good fit for either legendary or mythic criteria. We'll have to see how they choose to handle them.

Honestly, given that both male and female Byleth exist, I could see them making one legendary and the other mythic.

Yeah. I lean towards Mythic because of Sothis.

But that Male/Female idea Mythic/Legendary could work out. Anyway, I think the house leaders will all come before Byleth. But with IS we can never know for sure. Seeing when we got Hel, anything can happen.

I lean Mythic Byleth simply because I'm not all that fond of Mythic additions who are more MacGuffins than actual characters. Such names as Anri might mean something to die-hard fans, but it's really hard for me to get interested in units like that when in the source games they themselves either just appear in one scene as exposition-bots, or fail to appear at all and only get mentioned as part of said exposition. I strongly prefer units in the game have an actual strong presence in the source games, as much as I joke about the addition of meme characters.

That said, from a selfish perspective and given CYL this month ensures I will be just pulling one circle on the legendary banner, so I don't have much invested in who it is this month specifically. Doubly so because I only want one of the eight units revealed so far in Bramimond, who is a low-to-medium priority.

Edited by Humanoid

I wouldn't be surprised if Byleth was this month. I'm honestly kind of expecting it but at the same time I kind of want to be surprised by it being someone else since we are running out of obvious Legendary candidates.

3 minutes ago, Mashiro Yuuki said:

Byleth wind is not entirely impossible. I mean, we got Eliwood with Wind.

Yeah, Eliwood was pretty bizarre. Seems like they don't have a ton of good Wind candidates.