Special Heroes: Bridal Grace

Jave

Well seeing it being mostly Binding blade and no Elphin yet again stung, but Saul kind of makes up for it.  Thankfully I can skip this since F!Dimitri still won't come and I need the TT orbs to spark.  Anyway, I will free pull green since harmonic Catria will be very useful, Saul will have to wait for his return on a double special heroes banner.   I need to save for the July summer banner since the 50/50 chance of TMS being on it mean I need to be ready for Yashiro.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since no one in this topic has brought attention to it yet, Zelot's kit has:

Love Candelabra+ (same effect as Love Bouquet+, but with Atk/Def)
-
Ignis
Atk/Def Form 3 just to twist the knife IS stabbed bride Oboro with even more
-
Drive Atk 2

Also, the Sacred Seals are Res Opening and Blade Session.

Gotta say, the return of Valentian Catria makes future appearances of Valentian Palla and Est feel a lot more likely.

22 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Also, the Sacred Seals are Res Opening and Blade Session.

Res Opening is meh, but Blade Session as a sacred seal is really good, especially considering it's 5-star locked to a single unit. Pretty neat that IS has been giving us good seals recently.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

So... Duo/Harmonic Est next year, to go with Duo Palla from last year and Harmonic Catria from this year?

Can this line of thinking just die, and stay dead?

Est, now or ever, has never been owed anything just because her sisters get something. Her sisters (Catria more so) earned their alts by actually being popular.

Meanwhile, Est actually placed lower than even Thea did in CYL5. Est is absolutely not leading material for a Duo/Harmonic.

7 hours ago, bethany81707 said:

There's been a few ideas pitched around in my server. Zeke/Nyna, a few Jugdral pairings like Leaf/Nanna, something with the Awakening kids in Fates, or just repeating the Tellius pairing (literally anyone could do the trick.)

Zeke/Nyna would be really awkward considering Zeke has his own love interest. Yeah, I know he's Camus, but this would be a pretty trashy way to make such a pair.

The Awakening kids in Fates would run into the other issue of implying non-canon ships.

Not only would they not want to repeat the same two games for a harmonic unit this fast, doing a PoR/RD pair like Mist/Boyd would still be weird considering the three year time gap, and would honestly be even dumber than the current Altina/Sanaki where at least those two come from greatly different time periods (so it still kind of fits the general idea of a harmonic).

I suppose there may be some Jugdral pairings that could have worked (Ishtar/Reinhardt crossed my mind) but, well, this is where we are.

They could have done SoV Est/Abel!

19 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Can this line of thinking just die, and stay dead?

Est, now or ever, has never been owed anything just because her sisters get something. Her sisters (Catria more so) earned their alts by actually being popular.

Meanwhile, Est actually placed lower than even Thea did in CYL5. Est is absolutely not leading material for a Duo/Harmonic.

Duo Est next year, Valentian Est in 2022. Let's go.

14 hours ago, Francis said:

Come on, it's Fire Emblem. What did you expect?

But that's the thing. This isn't even "Fire Emblem" as it is more "Neo Fire Emblem".

Also, if you kept everything about Duo Catria+Thea the same except for the actual characters, like if you had a hypothetical Roy+Alm pair or something, they'd still move orbs. Since both Roy and Alm are CYL winners and they'd still represent FE2+FE6 for anyone who cares about scoring well on Resonant Battles, and they'd still have the same fodder and skills for anyone who wanted just the skills.

Heroes is stuck in a feedback loop where most male characters are less busted than their female counterparts and the most powerful Harmonics and/or Duos tend to go to female characters, which causes more people to pull for them, which makes IS believe female characters are more popular even if that's not necessarily the case. And it wasn't like this back in the first year or two of Heroes.

EDIT: Yes, I know Roy+Alm wouldn't make sense in this specific theme, but in a hypothetical scenario where we had Roy+Alm as the Harmonic I'm assuming the actual lineup of characters would've been different to accommodate that.

Edited by Sunwoo

42 minutes ago, Othin said:

Sure, just enjoy her being the backpack again and not the lead. Meanwhile, the latter isn't happening if Valentia Palla doesn't happen (which it may well not this year thanks to Nott).

Also, I'd strongly advise against provoking me further. That last post was already unnecessary as is.

Edited by Tybrosion

9 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Also, I'd strongly advise against provoking me further. That last post was already unnecessary as is.

You are free to keep silent.

44 minutes ago, Othin said:

But was this really necessary?

21 minutes ago, eclipse said:

You are free to keep silent.

But was this really necessary?

You're right, that was unconstructive. I apologize.

Okay, whoa. Zelot's art is awesome. I am LOVING that cape! And his crit art is fierce without sacrificing elegance! Kudos to the artist. Glad he's free. Also, I think he's the first male Illian I've seen.

9 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Also, I think he's the first male Illian I've seen.

Canas is from Ilia too (and coincidentally was also an underwhelming TT unit).

And now that I brought this up, why didn’t they use Canas for this banner instead of Zelot? FE7 has actually been quite starved for seasonals for at least a year now.

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Canas is from Ilia too (and coincidentally was also an underwhelming TT unit).

And now that I brought this up, why didn’t they use Canas for this banner instead of Zelot? FE7 has actually been quite starved for seasonals for at least a year now.

Considering this is a wedding-themed banner it'd be rather silly to have one of the few canonically married characters in the series (i.e. Juno) and not include their spouse (i.e. Zelot). It'd be like if Bride!Louise wasn't the reward for the TT associated with Groom!Pent. People would have flipped their lids. I doubt anywhere near as many players care about Juno and Zelot, but it's still thematically appropriate. We could have gotten Canas's wife, but we don't even know her name.

Thinking about it, every bridal banner has had one canon couple on it.

1. Caeda and Marth
  2. Pent and Louise
  3. Sothe and Micaiah (close enough to canon)
  4. Juno and Zelot

15 minutes ago, KMT4ever said:

Considering this is a wedding-themed banner it'd be rather silly to have one of the few canonically married characters in the series (i.e. Juno) and not include their spouse (i.e. Zelot). It'd be like if Bride!Louise wasn't the reward for the TT associated with Groom!Pent. People would have flipped their lids. I doubt anywhere near as many players care about Juno and Zelot, but it's still thematically appropriate. We could have gotten Canas's wife, but we don't even know her name.

1. Caeda and Marth
  2. Pent and Louise
  4. Juno and Zelot

Juno would be out too in that hypothetical scenario. In fact, this banner really should've been FE7 based instead because that game hasn't gotten multiple seasonals from the same banner since Winter 2019 (Nino, Jaffar, prince Zephiel). Since that particular banner, FE7 has only gotten Lyn & Florina (still no stand alone alt for her when she, like Canas, could really use it) and a Harmonic that is led by an Archanean character (Y!Tiki & Ninian).

Also, Caeda and Marth were decidedly not added together unlike the other three couples. The former was added in 2017 while the latter was 2018.

Edited by Tybrosion

57 minutes ago, KMT4ever said:

1. Caeda and Marth
  2. Pent and Louise
  4. Juno and Zelot

Additionally, Nailah and Rafiel are a cannon couple (though I missed it the first several times I played RD, the evidence pretty clearly points to them being a cannon couple), so the one last year had two cannon couples.

Bartre, Karla, Eliwood, Florina, Canas, Rebecca. That'd be a good lineup for an FE7 wedding banner. Five people who canonically are already married or get married to someone, and Florina as a tag-along. Bartre + Karla duo unit? Of course, with three dudes, this is probably very unrealistic.

On the topic of these banners in general, every single one has had at least one character who is canonically in a relationship. Caeda in 2017, Marth in 2018, Pent + Louise for 2019, Nailah + Rafiel and I guess Micaiah + Sothe for 2020, and now Juno + Zelot for 2021. Makes me wonder who the choices will be in future wedding banners. There's still plenty of characters to pick from. Est, Abel, Alm, Celica, Sigurd, Lewyn, Igrene, the FE7 characters I already mentioned, Brom, Calill, Largo, Chrom, etc.

37 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Bartre, Karla, Eliwood, Florina, Canas, Rebecca. That'd be a good lineup for an FE7 wedding banner. Five people who canonically are already married or get married to someone, and Florina as a tag-along. Bartre + Karla duo unit? Of course, with three dudes, this is probably very unrealistic.

On the topic of these banners in general, every single one has had at least one character who is canonically in a relationship. Caeda in 2017, Marth in 2018, Pent + Louise for 2019, Nailah + Rafiel and I guess Micaiah + Sothe for 2020, and now Juno + Zelot for 2021. Makes me wonder who the choices will be in future wedding banners. There's still plenty of characters to pick from. Est, Abel, Alm, Celica, Sigurd, Lewyn, Igrene, the FE7 characters I already mentioned, Brom, Calill, Largo, Chrom, etc.

We've gotten several seasonal banners with a 3/3 male-female split, including last year's bridal banner. Since then, we've seen 3 male characters on the dancer banner, Valentine's Day, and the anniversary banner, plus 4 male characters on the pirates banner.

8 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Because Zelot isn't in the game yet.  I have Canas +10'd and wouldn't mind an alt but not over a new character.  And FE7 can wait as long as it needs to for all I care.  It still has way more units in than FE6.  

Edited by Sayyyaka

10 minutes ago, Sayyyaka said:

Because Zelot isn't in the game yet.  I have Canas +10'd and wouldn't mind an alt but not over a new character.  And FE7 can wait as long as it needs to for all I care.  It still has way more units in than FE6.  

If my counting is correct, FE6 now has 49 units (includes Catria & Thea) to FE7's 57 (includes Y!Tiki & Ninian).

That is not that much more, not in my opinion at least especially when the lord trio's alts (mainly Lyn's) inflate FE7's total.

Datamine stuff:

Spoiler

Neat, Juno gives out Aerobatics 3 without needing feathers.

Zelot, stats-wise, is pretty much Lex with HP and Spd going into Atk, Def, and Res.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Stats [SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

zq2icbhag7071.png

Saul
Super Asset(s): Res
Super Flaw(s): HP, Atk, Def

Shanna
Super Asset(s): HP, Atk
Super Flaw(s): Spd, Res

Juno
Super Asset(s): HP, Spd, Res
Super Flaw(s): none
*Aerobatics 3 is the 4* unlock.

Catria & Thea
Super Asset(s): Atk, Spd
Super Flaw(s): HP, Def

Zelot
Super Asset(s): Spd, Def, Res
Super Flaw(s): HP
*Atk/Def Form 3 is the 4* unlock.

1 hour ago, Sayyyaka said:

It still has way more units in than FE6.  

If you remove all alts, with the sole exception of characters who only have a seasonal alt such as Wolt or Juno or Geese, and only count one version per character, then Binding actually beats out Blazing in the number of characters represented. Only by a couple, but it still beats it.