FE11 H3 PMU

Shaky Jones

Something I've always wanted to do for the longest time was try out a PMU run of Shadow Dragon. After all, a lot of the fun I get from replaying this game is using unorthodox characters/classes, like Sage Norne or Sniper Caeda. But now I really want to let others decide how I play this game. What could a better way to connect with other SD fans than to suffer from using nearly unplayable units. Don't worry too much about being harsh. I'd like to think that I stand a good chance, given that Sage Norne had a 0% defense growth and was used on H5 (I used a full content patch). Here's the rules:

Spoiler

1. I will be using Marth and 14 other units.

2. I cannot use thieves to open doors or chests unless I'm given a thief, in which I'd have to actually deploy and train them throughout the game (unless the map doesn't let me bring everyone).

3. I can deploy units who aren't in the PMU in order to recruit other units, but they cannot see combat. They don't exist if no one saw them do anything.

4. You can suggest up to 2 characters (please say Cord) in just about any class except for the gaiden units, as I don't plan to kill every last one of them. And also Bantu. I'm sorry but I refuse. If you really want to, you can suggest separate classes for when unit is promoted (like hunter to warrior or myrmidon to paladin).

5. While the run won't be an efficient playthrough, there will be some focus in getting a decent turn count, mostly starting once I get a healer. The warp staff is banned except in moments where it's absolutely necessary to recruit others (i.e. chapter 11 &12).

6. All units will be be recruited, expect for gaiden units (this includes Nagi).

#. Please ask me to use Cord.

7. The arena is banned. I will also try my best to avoid boss abuse. 

8. The use of the secret shop is allowed.

9. I can forge however I want, but feel free to recommend silly forge names or weapon requests for certain characters. I'd like to make this playthrough entertaining should I post all about it. Not like I'm above killing potential allies for memes.

10. The run will be on Hard 3

11. Units that are in the PMU can fight in their joining chapter regardless of their chosen class.

12. The PMU challenge will not apply to the first three chapters, so I am free to use everyone at that time.

I'd really appreciate any and all suggestions for this future FE11 run. I'd love to post about this playthrough and play in a way that would be entertaining to read, but I'm definitely inexperienced with this, so please bear with me. Thanks to anyone who gives me a chance at this, even if it's just a Matthis pick.

PMU Team:

Spoiler

1. Marth

2. Mage/Sage Cain

3. Fighter/Hero Cord (Savior of Archanea)

4. Pirate/Berserker Bord

5. Hunter/General Darros

6. Progenitor God Matthis 

7. Myrmidon/Swordmaster Hardin (trusty Silver Sword)

8. Curate/Bishop Roshea

9. Warrior Wolf

10. Risky Rickard

11. Dark Mage/Sorcerer Caesar

12. Good Ol Minerva (No reclassing necessary)

13. Cavalier/Paladin Tomas

14. Fighter/Warrior Dolph 

15. Archer/Sniper Est

I can't wait for Rickard to somehow end up being the best unit.

Edited by Shaky Jones
I edited my FE11 PMU post to include my team for the run for convenience.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

Sounds like you need a thief, so have Rickard~!

At last. Rickard can prove himself to Julian. I have used Julian quite a few times in the past, once in each version of Shadow Dragon and even in old Mystery of the Emblem. I hope Rickard will let me relive those fond memories, but with the protagonist hair color.

50 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Joke's on you, I like Cord! Make him go from Fighter to Hero.

Yes! We need more Cord appreciation. He wont just be a Hero. He'll be THE hero. Of all of Archanea. You know what? Unless it's completely impossible, I'm gonna have him land the final blow on Medeus! I've done it with Roger. I'll do it again. Hero Cord with the Hauteclere strikes the Earth Shadow Dragon, saving all of Archanea and becoming the true lord of Altea.

59 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I like Matthis quite a bit as well, but for my second choice, have Darros go Hunter - > General

Ah yes, who doesn't love Bow Generals. With Hunter Darros having his highest potential speed growth of 25%, he'll surely be the speed demon. It's honestly a crime that out of my 6 FE11 playthroughs, I've never touched Darros. I love his artwork pose. And pirates. He's got the bandana so he doesn't need to be in the pirate class to show his origin. And that 60% defense growth as a general looks very promising. I'm looking forward to his training arc.

Time to suggest my favorite FE11 unit, Minerva (I will leave the class choice to you, to help fill a key hole if she can). As for a second, lets have Hardin practice his imperial talents as a General.

1 hour ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I like Matthis quite a bit as well

Don't worry, I bet @Saint Rubenio will gladly swoop on here and add Matthis to this PMU.

5 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Yes! We need more Cord appreciation

Not much of a fan of his FE11 performance, but he is an important part of the early game axey boy triangle attack in FE12, and I will always remember him fond;y for that.

How about sniper Est and fighter Dolph? (In my experience, Dolph is actually fantastic as a fighter, other than his axe rank.)

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Time to suggest my favorite FE11 unit, Minerva (I will leave the class choice to you, to help fill a key hole if she can)

Well, if all else fails, at least I have her going for me. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

As for a second, lets have Hardin practice his imperial talents as a General.

Funnily enough, I don't think Hardin CAN become a general. It's quite a shame too. I'd love to have General Hardin defeat Camus and be the Gradivus wielder. I might as well take the time now to say that I am allowed to use units in their base class on their joining chapter. So no matter what Hardin is, I will use him as a Cav for chapter 5. Forgot to mention that in the rules. My bad. 

53 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Oh, I can pick another unit~!  I'll give you my favorite SD unit, Tomas!  As a Cavalier -> Paladin, because I'm also insane

Tomas is your favorite huh? That's concerning. Ahh Just kidding, Tomas is iconic. I've used Macellan, Dolph, Midia (FE1 only),and Boah. It's only fair that I give Tomas a shot. After all, that's the BSFE crew right there. The best Fire Emblem!

29 minutes ago, Benice said:

How about sniper Est and fighter Dolph? (In my experience, Dolph is actually fantastic as a fighter, other than his axe rank.)

Buddy...you don't need to tell me how good Fighter Dolph is. Trust me, I'd know...

I have a habit of using sniper Est in New Mystery, so I might as well let her experience that in good ol Shadow Dragon.

Dolph.png

3 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

Funnily enough, I don't think Hardin CAN become a general. It's quite a shame too. I'd love to have General Hardin defeat Camus and be the Gradivus wielder. I might as well take the time now to say that I am allowed to use units in their base class on their joining chapter. So no matter what Hardin is, I will use him as a Cav for chapter 5. Forgot to mention that in the rules. My bad. 

Bah, curse FE11's split male class system, if only they could be combined like in FE12 (after its unlocked)...sigh I guess he can be a Sword Master, and get to actually use that Silver Sword that was promised for him them.

9 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

even if it's just a Matthis pick

Allow me, as an unironic Matthis fan. Let him stay a cav, looks like you don't have any yet.

As for my second pick... Ahhh let's say Wolf. Big numbers are always fun. Warrior Wolf, because why not.

5 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Bah, curse FE11's split male class system, if only they could be combined like in FE12 (after its unlocked)...sigh I guess he can be a Sword Master, and get to actually use that Silver Sword that was promised for him them.

Yeah, I wish it had FE12's unlocked class system. You'd have so much more freedom to pull off shenanigans with. But don't worry. That particular silver sword will be exclusive to Hardin until it inevitably breaks in 2 chapters.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Allow me, as an unironic Matthis fan. Let him stay a cav, looks like you don't have any yet

Well Tomas is planned to be a Cav, but I won't get that until chapter 12 (13 to reclass), and when I look at his Cav bases....yeah I definitely could use another Cav. I'm unironically grateful for Matthis. I think he's the only lance user I'll have for a while if no one picks another early game lance user.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

As for my second pick... Ahhh let's say Wolf. Big numbers are always fun. Warrior Wolf, because why not.

How generous. Warrior is just the natural pick for the guy. I mean, that's surely what the W stands for. WW, because he's always getting W's.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

Alright, with Cord not going into magic, let's see Caesar do it. Dark Mage Caesar.

True to Caesar. Since I've yet to get a healer, this guy might be my only one, once he promotes. Oh no.

That's 12 units I believe. I know I said I'd 13, but I'm willing to change it to 14 if the next person who chooses wants to pick 2. After all, I won't get some of these people for a while. Feel free to pick just about anyone, but if you want to be nice, I'd appreciate early game units (I'll take anyone as a healer just to avoid vulnerary emblem, but if that's what the people want, then I'll definitely do it). 

How about Roshea as a healer since you're not gonna have one for a long time with Caesar? He's not gonna grow well as a healer but it's better than nothing. If you allow me to choose someone else, I wanna say Cain as a mage. He has a shockingly high magic growth of 35% (same as his str growth) and he's fast with a 55% speed growth. Plus it looks like you could use some mages as well. 

13 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

Yes! We need more Cord appreciation. He wont just be a Hero. He'll be THE hero. Of all of Archanea. You know what? Unless it's completely impossible, I'm gonna have him land the final blow on Medeus! I've done it with Roger. I'll do it again. Hero Cord with the Hauteclere strikes the Earth Shadow Dragon, saving all of Archanea and becoming the true lord of Altea.

Ah yes, who doesn't love Bow Generals. With Hunter Darros having his highest potential speed growth of 25%, he'll surely be the speed demon. It's honestly a crime that out of my 6 FE11 playthroughs, I've never touched Darros. I love his artwork pose. And pirates. He's got the bandana so he doesn't need to be in the pirate class to show his origin. And that 60% defense growth as a general looks very promising. I'm looking forward to his training arc.

Noice. I'm a big fan of the Cord archetype, you see, so it'll be nice to see its namesake secure his place in history as the Hero of All Archanea.

Darros actually has the highest personal defense growth in the game, which is why I picked him. Merric's is also quite high, but I had to forsake that meme since he doesn't have access to Hunter-General.

2 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

Well Tomas is planned to be a Cav, but I won't get that until chapter 12 (13 to reclass), and when I look at his Cav bases....yeah I definitely could use another Cav. I'm unironically grateful for Matthis. I think he's the only lance user I'll have for a while if no one picks another early game lance user.

Matthis good, guys. Unironically.

2 hours ago, Syndixel said:

How about Roshea as a healer since you're not gonna have one for a long time with Caesar? He's not gonna grow well as a healer but it's better than nothing

That's three of the Coyote. I guess Sedgar and Vyland just die offscreen in the cannon of this playthrough. Thank Nagi I get a healer.

2 hours ago, Syndixel said:

If you allow me to choose someone else, I wanna say Cain as a mage. He has a shockingly high magic growth of 35% (same as his str growth) and he's fast with a 55% speed growth. Plus it looks like you could use some mages as well. 

I can see the fire in his eyes. That's a lie. It's everywhere but his eyes. The man dresses like an enemy. I think my mage Norne from a pervious run had a 40 percent magic growth and a 55% speed growth, so this should be a similar experience. Who needs defense anyways? I got my boy Darros for that.

8 hours ago, Dayni said:

As for Bord, considering Darros will be a general, let's make him a Pirate instead.

I forgot to bring this one up on the last post. Whoops. It's good to know that Cord won't be lonely. That small support bonus might come in handy. They're the axe boiz after all. Barst is taking a vacation. He's sick of hearing them bicker about who's the better wood chopper. In fact, they're joining Marth because of a contest they started of who'd be the better fighter by the end.

That should wrap up the preparations. That was a lot faster than I thought it'd be. I know I said 2 instead of 1, but I still thought this would've taken a week. Thanks guys. I'm sure I'll regret this by chapter 9. The run will be on Hard 3 and I try to regularly update the playthrough, but I may get carried away with school every now and again. I hope I can make this entertaining. Praise Cord.

It's still funny to me that the Christmas Cavs make very good mages. I know the magic reclass male trio is Cord, Caesar and Draug but damn mage Cain and Abel give them a run for their money.

Edited by Syndixel

Well now that everything is set up, it's time to start the PMU! There are a few things I want to mention first about the LP first if you're interested in the specifics of how I'll go about it.

Spoiler

1. Everything is fair game in the first three chapters except for boss abuse. The PMU won't start until chapter 4, but once it starts, I have to undeploy EVERYONE that isn't a part of it, meaning I'll only have Cord, Marth, Bord, Darros, and Cain to start with (+Lena for recruiting Matthis but she cannot heal or warp anyone). Expect some heavy Marth carrying in the early game.

2. This won't be a turn count focused playthrough, but I do plan on posting turn counts and making a brief comment on how badly I did with it. 

3. I have no real reason to fight Gharnef, but I will try to get one of my mages to beat him for the sake of content. Not sure which mage would be more fitting (Cain or Caesar).

4. This will be a screenshot LP for the most part, but probably won't have as many as others, since I don't focus on the story, and I don't play with animations on in the DS games. Screenshots mainly serve to show lucky levels, tough or silly situations, or explanations for how I got to a certain point with a unit. The first three chapters, not being important to the run, will hardly feature any screenshots. I plan to have writing do a lot of the talking, but screenshots are a nice way to show how progress is going.

5. I'm hoping to upload at least one chapter per day. This first post will have 4, because I don't want to waste time with the first three.

6. Any comments are highly appreciated. It shows that my suffering is being noticed. I'd also appreciate feedback on how I'm doing. Maybe I could use more or less screenshots/talking. I'd like to improve as I go through this. You can also just lol at my misery. If anything, that's probably the point of this.

With that out of the way, it's Cord time.

Chapter 1

Luckily, this is only on Hard 3, so there were no troubles here. Bought myself few javelins for later (Matthis) and some iron lances for Caeda and Jagen. Speaking of which, Jagen is a beast. He set up such easy kills for Marth and Cain with his silver lance, and can tank so many enemies. 

Spoiler

1971336887_GoodStart.png.49b9649e1e4a51c1134ed54a43307825.png

Looks like we're off to a promising start.

The boss, while not as aggressive as in H5, was still scary, and his chance to crit Jagen kept me from trying to poke him with silver lances, so he ate up a couple of turns. But, he eventually got game'd

Total Turn Count: 14

Spoiler

905327199_Chapter1.thumb.png.63995062e488a1eebf6c3b9b0c6fb30d.png

If I recall, I was on turn 8 or 9 when I made it to the boss. Man early game SD bosses are a pain. Ah well. At least it isn't 30+ turns, like in most H5 runs.

Chapter 2

This chapter is actually really fun when you don't have to deal with 20 might pirates in the early game. Jagen can actually head to the left and chip out enemies. You have no idea how great that felt. Of course, this is where we get the the holy trio: Cord, Bord, and Darros. That's the axe brothers. No one else. Bord's hit was pretty bad, so he didn't get actually get any kills here. Darros leveled up once from trapping a hunter with Draug. He got Strength and HP. That's neat. But Cord on the other hand...

Spoiler

1551713836_CordtheSavior.png.c7c23beb047db67715f748dbec06531c.png

I told you guys! Cord is good! He's the chosen one. Of course, this want enough

1114347267_CordbeatsGomer.png.97ba7f6c260360b045a40d99f7b67fb2.png

I mean, I can't not do it. Don't worry, I used a save circle right before this. I'm not THAT crazy.

Total Turn Count: 19

Spoiler

2046298398_Chapter2Clear.png.9657b9417c786e5323d03b7b36f5af94.png

A lot of turns were spent on the boss. I remember it being turn 8 when most of the squad got here. That hand axe is deadly. I think at least 3 of my guys could get crit'd.

Chapter 3

Cain, Draug, Caeda, and Castor headed north to get the killing edge and its servant, Navarre, while everyone else went west. Not much to say, other than the fact that I got disappointed at Cain's levels. They were pretty bad. He did get one defense, but 3 levels mostly just got him HP. No speed. Marth's levels were really good though. I had him get a majority of kills from the fighters to prep him for when the real game begins. He got a lot of points. Unfortunately, I forgot to screenshot anything for this chapter. My bad. 

Total Turn Count: Somewhere from 17-22. Sorry for forgetting. When I add the turn counts after all this, I'll probably approximate this to either 20 or 22. Don't worry though. Things will only get uphill from here. 

Chapter 4: The Journey Begins

Finally, we finished the prologue section, and now we get to start the real adventure. The adventure...of Cord's rise to power. And money.

Story

Archenea, a land rich with nations diversified through their patriotic soldiers, caring citizens, and beautiful terrains that all culminate together to create many cultures across the continent, is and has always been home to many heroes. Among these countries was a smaller kingdom, one known by many as Altea. It was recently renamed however. Now it's called Cord Castle. The history of this land would date back to roughly four thousand years past, where the Divine Developer Kaga and the Thracia Team tribe ruled over Archnea. However, after three thousand fog of way maps, he was banished from Intelligent Systems. Unfortunately, Medeus was a diehard Thracia fan, so he took his anger out on all of the human race, who were continuing to support the company even after Kaga's departure. Kaga did not want this this level of aggression to stir within the community however, so he seals Medeus away, locking his spirit into the Berwick Saga series so that he'd only be released when every game in that franchise was cleared. No one heard of him ever since. That is, until recent times. It turns out that Gharnef loved playing those games, so he is now plaguing the land once more. Returning to the history of Altea in particular, it was ruled by Barst for the past decade. His retainers, Bord and Cord, were the most loyal guards a King could ever hope to ask for. Sadly, he was assassinated in recent years. Not because of a war or anything. He just didn't pay his taxes. Barst was prepared for this though, as he had a will written in advanced that gave everything from the kingdom to Cord, entrusting him to become the new ruler. Bord on the other hand, got Barst's famous hammer, and a message telling him to watch over Cord, asking him to promise that he keeps Cord from making the same mistakes he made. After renaming his nation, Cord sought out on a journey to make some money, so that the IRS doesn't send javelins of light to outright nuke the entire place. What was his plan to earn some quick bullion you might ask? Cryptocurrency. 

Gameplay

So we finally start the PMU with 5 playable units. Cord and his retainers, Marth and Bord, as well as Cain and Darros, who are also soldiers of Cord's. First thing's first. We need to invent the crypto. It shall be called Cordcoin and Marth will be the one to advertise it.

Spoiler

1257892656_thestartofcordcoin.thumb.png.1a3dac3efd676acdcc13e9c3908f1487.png

Cordcoin. The value only goes up. Marth did plenty of exercising to reach 10 defense as to not get viciously murdered by crowds when advertising Cordcoin in public.

Protagonist.png.e82d5cd26f633a9e7cd201d21c19cc2e.png

Here's the lord for this playthrough. Pretty close to D rank axes so he'll definitely get OP soon, once he can double with the steel axe. I can't wait.

Bord.png.6f154483b24683ced6b40be330cf9b43.png

The Devil Axe actually houses the spirit of Barst. It holds all his might, but using it can have the spirit world try to claim your life to become one with it. Use with caution.

I'm not looking forward to his low speed. Most of his levels will probably be in chapter 6, since that has a couple of armor knights.

Cain.png.128ea0eb9f116aa0bb673140a889b679.png

Well crap. Cain goofed up and broke his leg. Now he limps around with enough speed to get double'd and OHKO'd by just about everyone. I hoe he makes a speedy recovery.

Darros.png.7fbb0339ca77d9ab5b0a9d5abc18e95b.png

I'm liking his strength. Combine that with his pretty good strength growth, he'll probably be a great chip damage dealer. Even without speed, he can probably OHKO wyverns with a forged steel or silver bow. I'm mainly looking forward to promoting him to a general.

To start Cord's quest for money, Marth heads East to advertise Cordcoin to the fighters there. The sales must have been great, since most of the cavs from the west rushed to meet Marth as well. Marth quickly had to stay in the fortress near the starting point of the map to try dodging the rabid consumers from ripping him apart.

Spoiler

667794217_quitethestickysituation.png.21d623cc131a6d293c6e92ac44b5bcc6.png

Sadly, Marth died 5 times trying to get his sales pitch to work. But it eventually worked, and he got some REALLY good levels. I didn't screenshot those, as I skipped turns there, but I took a screenshot of his stats at the end of the chapter so you can compare them to Marth at the beginning . Yes, this part was basically a Marth solo, but clearing all these guys with only 5 units is practically impossible. I did get them quite of couple of kills though. 

Cordcoin.png.5f5dc8d8f87f2881e06c782c1714bb2c.png

"Excuse me sir. May I interest you in Cordcion? The value only goes up."

Out of these cavaliers, two of them seemed to not like the idea of crypto, as they ran upwards to where the rest of my army headed off to hide from the crowd. It took some convincing, but Cord made a deal with one of them. They'd fight with him, but he'd receive 10% of the profits and would be allowed to murder some of the people in any way he saw fit. You see, this cavalier was a man named Matthis, and he is, to be blunt, a sadist.

Spoiler

1249174200_Matthisgaming.png.ae321f123c28c6e9f5bba5dfeb356697.png

He didn't just want to kill. He took pleasure in slowly stabbing those who are helpless, crippling them and making them bleed everywhere, right before he claims their life. Others would assist him by holding the enemy in place so that the victim has no choice but to look right into the man who would make their death a living nightmare.

I said I wouldn't do boss abuse, and I won't, but these are regular enemies. They cant reheal, and are much more fragile. I made sure to kill the healer near the boss immediately, as not go full on grind mode. Honestly, I don't even want exp. I'm literally just doing this to get him to C rank as early as I can. He's about 3/4 on the way there. I repeated this process for most hunters/horseman. 

The bridge guarded by the armor knight and hunters always annoys me, as I can't tell how the AI works. I tried giving kills most kills to Darros, and ohh boy was that worth it.

Spoiler

arg.png.81a9e9d3a3151cb42089d5ca59093385.pngtwo.png.3cdf4a11d64d6cb51534ccfeb3a5461b.png

Are you kidding me!? I don't even have a joke for this...I actually had my mouth gaping like a cartoon. He has a 25% speed growth. Bless you @AnonymousSpeed.

With the successful sales of Cordcoin, I eagerly head to the leader to see if he wishes to sell some land for Cordcoin. It went pretty well.

Spoiler

323711650_wouldyoulikesomecordcoin.png.b4cb33e469f25b3a1ec173cbc561cd95.png

"Excuse me Bentheon. Would you be interested in parting ways with just a tiny portion of land for the next greatest form of crypto, Cordcoin? The value only goes up".

He was so happy, he died of a heart attack. Wow! Now we get ALL of this territory.

1053004032_wowmarth.png.c767221d1d1570314140fdeb3e457b0f.png

Marth is just the Kris of this PMU. Cord's overpowered retainer. Hey I'm not complaining.

Total Turn Count: 28

Spoiler

1654449470_Chapter4clear.png.95dd1d9a73a8104bd5790f6c5149d74d.png

In my defense, I don't have a healer, so the fort near Merric's house was my only way to heal. Most vulneraries were used by Marth from attempting a solo.

That's it for now. The next post will probably just be chapter 5, so it'll definitely be shorter. There'll probably be more screenshots to show later as I get more units and figure out what's worth showing. Still getting the hang of this. For all I know, these screenshot will upload horribly. If that happens, please bear with me. If not, great! I can keep playing without worry.

Edited by Shaky Jones
Forgot to show my Marth like I said I'd show.

2 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

Not because of a war or anything. He just didn't pay his taxes.

Barst clearly took the risk and paid the price.

Darros.png.7fbb0339ca77d9ab5b0a9d5abc18e95b.png

I'm liking his strength. Combine that with his pretty good strength growth, he'll probably be a great chip damage dealer. Even without speed, he can probably OHKO wyverns with a forged steel or silver bow. I'm mainly looking forward to promoting him to a general.

Well, he does have an alright Spd growth, so maybe that will work for him in Hunter.

4 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

Bord.png.6f154483b24683ced6b40be330cf9b43.png

The Devil Axe actually houses the spirit of Barst. It holds all his might, but using it can have the spirit world try to claim your life to become one with it. Use with caution.

I'm not looking forward to his low speed. Most of his levels will probably be in chapter 6, since that has a couple of armor knights.

At least he has C rank.

Protagonist.png.e82d5cd26f633a9e7cd201d21c19cc2e.png

Here's the lord for this playthrough. Pretty close to D rank axes so he'll definitely get OP soon, once he can double with the steel axe. I can't wait.

Cord is funny in how well he's done, the most solid of the lot by the look of it.

Well crap. Cain goofed up and broke his leg. Now he limps around with enough speed to get double'd and OHKO'd by just about everyone. I hoe he makes a speedy recovery.

We can only hope.

Speedy armour?

I think that would be a sight here.

1053004032_wowmarth.png.c767221d1d1570314140fdeb3e457b0f.png

Marth is just the Kris of this PMU. Cord's overpowered retainer. Hey I'm not complaining.

Advertising takes a lot of blood and toil.

Also Cordcoin.

I wanted to respond to this, and got sidetracked.

Uploading stuff here is nice, but the file size limit's way smaller than a SD H3 playthrough.  Use an external image hosting site and link the images here (if you post a direct link to the image from an image hosting site, it should render properly).

23 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

Returning to the history of Altea in particular, it was ruled by Barst for the past decade. His retainers, Bord and Cord, were the most loyal guards a King could ever hope to ask for. Sadly, he was assassinated in recent years. Not because of a war or anything. He just didn't pay his taxes.

They took out the king for committing tax evasion. Probably realistic, the IRS is a ruthless and subhuman institution.

Are you kidding me!? I don't even have a joke for this...I actually had my mouth gaping like a cartoon. He has a 25% speed growth. Bless you @AnonymousSpeed.

Just as you have blessed me, I have Speed-blessed Darros.

"Excuse me sir. May I interest you in Cordcoin? The value only goes up."

To the moon, baby!

As one who considers it a moral obligation to evade taxes, I am honored to use these diamond hands in support of Cordcoin. Soon we shall bring down the thievery of income taxes and lies of fiat currency.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

Chapter 5: Hardin & Pals

Cordcoin's starting sales turned out better than Cord could hope for, so he sets off to Aurelis to capitalize on Cordcoin's popularity while it's still hot, hoping to get some easy money from the kingdom. 

Spoiler

http://FpE5u9s.png

Wow. A single house populated by three men on horses, an archer, a Pegasus flier, and a priest. They seem to be in desperate financial need. It's my lucky day.

http://PscsMWl.png

The cavaliers were pushovers to Marth and Cord so they got their coin by the beginning of turn 2. Their hp was low enough to give easy exp to any unit of my choice. Bord and Cord took care of those guys, while everyone else was able to head west towards the castle as Marth spent turn 2 rushing towards the village while getting the old man's attention. For some reason, a green haired guy followed Marth around this whole time, claiming he knew him

http://jRyRgVY.png

I don't even know who you are. I can't just kill him. That'd look bad for business.

http://aibWYua.png

Marth told Merric that the he had him mistaken for someone else and that the old geezer over there is Marth. Strangely enough, it worked flawlessly. Wendall is now in a psychiatric hospital.

After dealing with the soldiers at the east side, Marth went ahead and made his pitch in the northern village. It went...well?

Spoiler

http://5OMTnoJ.png

Is this some kind of twisted joke? What do I look like, huh? A dragon? Screw you guys. You think the IRS will accept a red rock!?

As Marth was busy with all that, Matthis and his squad began crossing through the 10 foot wide bridge to arrive at the castle of Aurelis, but they see a cool looking guy wearing a turban. He's surrounded by archers and a few cavs. Cord thought to himself, "Well that can't be good....he's stealing away the attention! We can't have competitors!". So everyone got ready to get repeatedly shot for the sake of a pocketful of money.

Spoiler

http://NhGA3FO.png

Matthis was able to bait out the cavs, but Hardin still has to deal with the archers for just a bit longer. Matthis actually had to tank for a little while, as theives were approching the town, and I couldn't let them interrupt Cordoin. Most units went North to finish them off.

http://mCK3pSq.png

It was tough for the guy, but he barely managed to wipe the cavs out. The next turn would have most people kill of the thieves. No, they do not get offered Cordcoin. It is well known that Cord despises thieves. They must die. 

http://vzAEZYz.png

Nice. Now you just need to get like 10 more of those, and we won't amputate your leg.

http://B47eGOQ.png

What.....Is Hunter Darros some kind of meta!?

It didn't long at all for Hardin to get fatally wounded from those archers. It actually only took a single turn. Luckily, one of his companions, Wolf, bought him some extra time beforehand. Cord was able to quickly get their attention. Specifically, he said "Oi!!! Who here wants to be a big shot eh!!? " three times over. It's unknown whether they actually wanted Cordcoin, or just got annoyed by his shouting. Either way, Hardin's life was saved.

Spoiler

http://E8iHNr5.png

Hardin had 1 HP left. Talk about a close call. 

http://HN7Wkju.png

It's a shame Cord had barely enough strength to NOT game end them. I guess that's a good setup for Matthis exp. Who can refuse that?

http://xY3FGYN.png

Thanks Bord. You really know how to impress.

With those guys dealt with, Hardin approaches Cord, thanking him for assisting in the fight. "I thank you for saving my life. You fought bravely, and the swings of your axe are unlike any other. You are a true successor to King Barst. Allow me to serve for you in your efforts. It is the least I can do to repay for your Kingdom's acts of kindness over the years". Cord had no idea what he was talking about. But hey, free labor! Everyone soon approached the armor knight guarding the castle gate, but there was a guard that had to be bonked by Bord's hammer first. Since Bord hasn't done much to contribute to Cordcoin, he decided to be the one who'd speak to the boss. It...could have gone better.

Spoiler

http://9uVwq58.png

Unfortunately for Merach, he was not aware of Bord's short temper.

I'm surprised by how much I've been using the devil axe. I make sure to use save points right beforehand, but I've yet to get a papercut from it.

http://n80xmba.png

Wolf! What the Barst was that for!? They were literally doing nothing! At least offer some Cordcoin!

Total Turn Count: 9

Spoiler

http://AEn1a4o.png

I'd say that this was a pretty good chapter run. I only had 6 playable units, and I kind of wasted a turn having Bord and Marth spending more time on the right side of the map, instead of bringing their armorslayers to the boss.

There weren't many level ups to report, but I'm glad to see that Darros apparently has holy blood.

Edited by Shaky Jones

Chapter 6: The Title of the Series

Now inside the castle that looks much shorter from the outside, we can hopefully find royalty who will pay top bullion for Cordcoin.

Spoiler

http://oL1t6Ba.png

The king went on about some random conflict. Marth got bored right after hearing "My boy. This peace is what all true warriors strive for". The king agreed to Cord's demands deal, provided we route the enemy inside the castle, as well as escort Princess Nyna to her kingdom. Since Archanea is such a large kingdoms, aiding the princess will probably get us on good terms with everyone there, making future businesses that much more profitable.

I don't know about you guys, but I really love this chapter. It's simple, yet so fun and strategic. I could go on about it in an full forum post, but this is not the place for that. I gotta talk about Hardin's squad.

Spoiler

http://kptB1Zl.png

I mean, his HP is nice.

http://gijmcpS.png

At last. A healer. With an entire point in magic. 9 speed is all it takes to disintegrate this fella. I could just spam heals for easy levels, but that would overwhelm him.

http://bjG4JM5.png

13 speed will let him double most enemies at this point in H3, but he loses 1 speed when using the steel sword. You think he'd have B rank in swords since the silver sword is supposed to be his main weapon as it's meant to be in FE1, but I guess they wanted you to have a silver lance wielder for those who bench Jagen.

http://LwchbKu.png

Bord has finally been trusted to sell Cordcoin himself. Hoepfully, the hammer will begin Bord's redemption arc.

The first thing that's noticeable when entering the castle is the prison cell that serves to imprison thieves. Roshea, being the absolute clown that he is, opens the door and finds two thieves, Julian and Rickard. Cord, furious at their mere presence, gets ready to break their kneecaps, but Julian intervenes. He persuades Cord to spare Rickard and himself, promising that the boy has fighting potential that could greatly benefit Cord Castle and will work for no pay. Basically, Julian sold Rickard, and he became a slave. 

Spoiler

http://UR7dqBO.png

You know, it feels nice to have my entire army fit on the top part of the starting point. 

http://BeZozCV.png

Turn 2 has a lot of enemies waiting for you. The armor knight was pretty easy to deal with. I'm surprised by how well Matthis tanked him.

http://5Y4MApJ.png

Marth is range of quite a lot of enemies, but he'd barely survive by 1 HP even if all enemies in range attacked him. The archers and knight have 17 attack, so they deal 5 each to Marth, and the mage's 13 damage would bring him to1.

The hallway, filled with soldiers on lunch break, seemed like chill dudes. So Marth and Matthis went over there to make their pitch for Cordcoin. Unfortunately, some thieves are trying to rob the place, so the advertising was cut short.

Spoiler

http://dxh4k2n.png

There's plenty of enemies to fight here, and I had to hurry in order to stop the theives. The scary part is probably the cavaliers that will run through the upper room if I don't block it. Luckily, since I've already baited out the archers, tanking them was a lot easier.

http://58a5q5e.png

I have a confession to make. I rigged this level. Since there's a save point at the beginning, and Bord was really close to a level up, I wanted to make sure he didn't get another luck level. It took about 3 resets, but now he can avoid getting doubled for a while longer. This will hopefully be a one time thing.

http://35qM2Dl.png

Marth's getting pretty strong. He can defeat many enemies in one round of combat with just a steel sword.

http://3OoqHru.png

Matthis is pretty tanky. Defintely helps to have as the unit with the highest movement here. 

http://8RFHRAu.png

On turn 4, Hardin finally gets a kill, and Matthis chases the thief who just lost his lifelong companion.

http://ZYEjPxe.png

After some help from Cain, Bord is forced to use the Devil axe once more. And people say it's a bad weapon. 

http://qzan6a5.png

"Aha! You seem to be a very successful fellow. I must say, your silver lance looks great on you. But don't you wish you could be your own man? With Cordcoin, you won't need to serve anyone to earn the money to flex your captivating horse and lance. After all, the value only goes up".

http://Md33D7W.png

One thief was able to get away with a killing edge, forced to carry the burden of his fallen allies. This theif would then carry on a legacy of thieves that lead to the hit series "Sly Cooper".

After a bit of bloody murder,  the gang heads down to the throne room, quickly game-ending the 3 guards guarding this hallway. I guess they wasted most of the army on the first one.

Spoiler

http://DzUWyhK.png

Cord gets another sale, an Hardin slowly works on getting to a serviceable sword rank. Unfortunately, Darros doesn't like Hardin, so he ruins Hardin's training session.

http://mz7WZ1R.png

@AnonymousSpeed.....Were you serious when you said you blessed Darros? I swear I didn't alter his growths! This is vanilla SD. I already rigged a level for Bord. This was just a natural Darros moment. This the 4th speed level in a row! Do I need to make a tier list just to put him at the top?

http://fTxmSsu.png

I don't remember when this happened, but Matthis is definetely becoming the wall of the team. Of course Marth has better defense, but he tends to be too busy advertising to kill.

http://CMa6v3a.png

The Cord Experience

http://E1KurNC.png

Putting that hammer to good use

http://SJ9o7Ck.png

Poor Bord. he must be feeling insecure whenever Cord is around.

http://N1TdpoR.png

Marth baits out guards yet again on turn 8. For some reason, he put all his points on speech and barter, rather than something cool like unarmed.

http://koDhA1x.png

Marth uses up the last vulnerary on turn 9 to survive the enemy mage. I was too impatient to wait for Roshea to heal him.

http://SqrUCFf.png

The gang bullies an archer by surrounding a hunter and beating him up while making him watch his mage friend die. 

http://uMz3UJf.png

Wouldn't it be funny if Hardin just completely sucks while Darros carries the army?

http://xz65wBD.png

Rickard learns how to shank, slowly awakening a feeling of victory as he receives serotonin each time he sees the yellow bar in the sky increase as he stabs the archer.

http://hKiorrr.png

Speed

In the throne room, we see the famous Emereus, winner of 3 smash tournaments. What a perfect target for Cordcoin!

Spoiler

http://SkVFntl.png

The man was really stubborn, telling Marth to piss off. Luckily, Rickard has records of his old tweets from from the year 590. He was forced to buy plenty of Cordcoin.

http://s5vjrwM.png

Just don't have an opinion idiot.

Total Turn Count: 12

Spoiler

http://qIUIj0z.png

I really had fun with this chapter. Having to decide when to bait enemies, carefully place my units to not get game ended on enemy phase, block the top hall with the right unit while sending some to take out the thieves, and using the hammer felt pretty satisfying. 

Edited by Shaky Jones
Bord

10 hours ago, eclipse said:

Bord appreciates that Strength level a lot.  Trust me.

I'll take your word for it.

Chapter 7: Oh Look It's Minerva!

What kind of area is named "Lefcandith"? Well, now that we have Nyna following us around, we have to take back Archanea for her. The army was originally going to named "Archanean League", but Cord insisted on "Cord Fan Club". In order to reach Port Warren, we need to cross this valley with some random town surrounded by mountains. What if there's an earthquake?

Spoiler

http://uCjbTSU.png

It's great that the archer here had barely enough defense and HP to die. The longbow guy to the right however has one more defense. How annoying.

With that guy out of the way, Matthis can run in and taunt the mercs guarding the house to run to him, giving him more kills to his name. The steel sword merc deals 6*2 to him, and he has 24 HP, so he should be fi-

http://E2axMnO.png

Critical...F

http://EE4RAtG.png

Luckily, this longbow guy now has less defense on my 2nd attempt, so Cord can deal with him now.

http://2bj3IKD.png

Darros shot a certificate for Cordcoin to the steel bow dude, and the guy threw some money back. It's common curtesy. If you're wondering about the capitalization on the forge, it represents the value that only goes up.

http://FeBXJ4G.png

Here's the forge by the way. Enough might to ohko the wyvern for this chapter. 

http://A9HANtZ.png

Since Matthis is apparently allergic to mercs, I just have to wait until next turn. Most other units head southwest. 

Marth and Cord were going to go the village to sell Cordcoin while everyone brought their offering to whoever the guy marked as a boss might be. That had to be put on hold for a little while, as there were a lot of fliers who seemed to be running away from something. Some were aggressive, while others were chilling. Either way, the valley was pretty crowded. Good time to pitch the coin.

Spoiler

http://JC2X5lT.png

Marth was going to get to that town no matter how many people there are who try to kill him in the process. Hardin is placed barely in the wyvern's range, bating him out for Darros to get some easy xp.

http://lADfU0S.png

On turn 3, we got quite a lot of fliers to deal with. Marth and Cord do their thing with the mercs, while the rest get their bows and axes ready. The unmarked fliers are the whitewings. There's more down below.

http://7ybNr0l.png

Darros makes an easy sale, getting another level up.

http://9PcsrPd.png

That makes 5 speed level ups. Ironic how he was chosen for his high defense, but is now notsoanonymousspeed. 

http://TWjC5dn.png

You know, I really wanted to make a joke about selling Bantu's firestone prior to this and make this convo feel awkward, but it has no value in Shadow Dragon. Man...

A wyvern and 3 pegasus knights park at the center of the mountain, bullying infantry units from above to feel superior. Minverva, having relations to Macedon, is a prime target for business.

Spoiler

http://EkcDefY.png

Palla is dead

http://HskiNjz.png

Catria is dead

http://JKlNmhV.png

Est, being as gullible as she is, easily buys into Cordcoin. I didn't even tell her about the value that only goes up.

http://yIZXUP1.png

Minerva, having just seen the murder of Palla and Catria, gives into Cordcoin, knowing that it was between this or death. Don't ask about Est's reaction to the murders. She blinked or something.

Hardin was fighting a thief as this was going on, while Roshea was healing him most of the time. 

Nearing the end of the valley, Cord prepares the Cord Fan Club for the upcoming ambush atttack. Minerva, right before leaving, gave them a tip about when and how they would rush from the forts once they got past the random blue circle in the area. Even though she saw Cord as an enemy, she really despises the General, Harmein. Why? He bullied her in a Call of Duty lobby. He was quickly dealt with.

Spoiler

http://wFIhqvF.png

Matthis ran straight into the first fort, while Wolf headed towards the fort to the far left. I wanted Matthis to get an easy kill with a horseslayer, but the cav had a javelin. Luckily, Cain was targeted instead, so damage was still dealt. What an idiot.

http://a5ExTlQ.png

Wow. Darros doubles an enemy. They call him the quickster.

I deal with the cavs in front of me on turn 8, having Matthis ohko a cav while being in range of the armor dudes to bait them. 

On turn 9, I was able to take care of most of the remaining soldiers, getting quite a couple of level ups.

http://ayyof1h.png

Cordcoin strikes again

http://uKjuCA8.png

Oh look, defense. I'm sure that...won't help him at all.

http://kmGYbVU.png

After weeks of tomfoolery across the continent, the legacy of Darros the Quick ends. Now he's just Darros the pretty fast guy.

http://7UUtkxs.png

Cord is now tied with Hardin in speed. He actually has more if Hardin has a steel sword. I should have a quote that just praises Cord.

http://kvL2WXc.png

Bord now has no advantage over Cord. Cue Bord's depression arc.

http://bt84P92.png

Wolf gets his 1st level up. I've been neglecting him a lot. I guess he's just not that funny. Boo Wolf boo.

http://u1OHQsS.png

"Excuse me sir. Would you be interested in investing in Cordcoin? The value only goes up? All it takes is 3 easy payments of 499 gold, and your human soul!". 

Total Turn Count: 12

Spoiler

http://mDrSXhT.png

I wasted a lot of turn with that village. I'm not even using Bantu. I just don't want to send Tiki to the shadow realm. What the hell am I supposed to do? Sell her Cordcoin? As if she could even comprehend crypto.