Training Mafia - Game Over

Kay

[spoiler=General rules]

0. Check the Mafia HQ for basic Mafia rules.

1. This game is OC (Outside Contact). You may converse with any player in the game outside of the game thread. Please include me in all conversations, and send me any IRC logs.

2. Vote and unvote using the ##Vote: User format and ##Unvote: User. Please specify who you're unvoting, although I won't be very strict about this.

3. If a majority vote is reached, the Day Phase will end immediately. If the time is up, the player with the most votes will be lynched.

4. In the event of a tie, the phase will be extended for a short time. The phase ends immediately after the first vote or unvote to break the tie.

5. If a person is modkilled during the day phase, all votes up to that point are completely null and void. The person modkilled is lynched that day, and the phase immediately changes to night. If it appears to me that you intentionally got yourself modkilled, you will still be modkilled, and your win condition will change to survival.

6. If something causes the phase to end, but I am not around to update, anything that happens afterward will not count. Whatever happens will be the same as if the day ended on time.

7. You may not discuss the game with any living players in any way if you are dead. One info-and-advice-free post in the game thread is allowed.

8. The Night Phase ends after all actions are sent in, or as soon as the deadline is reached if not all actions are sent in. If you have a night action but would prefer not to use it, reply to your role PM with "Night X - Idling".

9. No editing posts whatsoever. If your grammar or spelling is incomprehensible, you can doublepost to correct it. I'm going to be fairly lenient with this, especially later on, since it's easy to edit a post quickly without thinking, but if any significant information is changed, you may well be looking at a modkill

10. Don't directly quote anything a moderator tells you about the game, or that you're claiming they told you. Paraphrasing is fine. Yes, this means no quoting role PMs. At all. Don't quote your entire role PM, don't forward it, don't repeat it verbatim, and don't do any of these things with a fake role PM, either.

11. If a role PM and the rules contradict each other, the role PM takes precedence.

12. Play to win the game. Not playing at your most competitive is fine; trolling or gamethrowing isn't. I realize this is very subjective, and while I'm pretty sure no one will break it without meaning to, any questions are fine.

13. Don't screenshot anything related to the game in any way, unless it's to prove to me that someone is cheating.

Rules are subject to change if necessary

[spoiler=Training Mafia specific information]

This game will be have a partially revealed setup. At the start of the game, a pool of possible roles will be revealed. There won't be any roles other than those. This isn't going to be an effective way to narrow down roles, and I won't explain the specifics, like how many kills a Vigilante has. The purpose of it is basically just to avoid a bunch of paranoid nonsense about Insane Cops, or something along those lines.

Each player in this game will be labeled as either Novice or Veteran. Every playerslot/role will be shared by two players, one from each category. The skill levels required are somewhat variable based on who signs up, so I can't say for sure which group you'll be in right away. Targeting is based on pairs of players, not individuals, so targeting one player in a pair will have the same result as targeting the other, even for a role that is based on posts or something else that is specific to one player.

I encourage people to use PMs for OC as much as possible, so that both players on a team have time to talk about things with each other. That said, IRC or other forms of communication are still allowed. Note that posting logs is particularly important, since otherwise you might tell someone one thing, while your teammate was lying to them about the same thing, for example.

Veteran players may only make one game-related post per day/night cycle, and may not initiate outside contact with more than two playerslots per day/night cycle. If someone else contacts you about something first, that's fair game - you don't have to inform them that you've filled your quota already, and it's fine to talk to them. Just don't specifically start talking about this game with any more people. This isn't meant to be unfun or obnoxiously restrictive, it's to make sure the novices get a chance to try things on their own, and still have to pull their own weight. If for some reason you think an exception to this rule should be made, ask. I'm open to ideas of what's reasonable.

Definitely might add something I hadn't thought of/remembered here, but this is it for now.

[spoiler=Role PM formatting]

All Role PMs have a character name, which cannot be revealed, flavor, which is always in second person, of varying lengths, and can be paraphrased or referenced even if not directly quoted, information about the actual role, and an alignment and win condition. Other characters may be mentioned in flavor - if so, their names will be snipped for inspection/death results, and they will be referred to with the pronouns they/them/their, so as not to reveal genders. Some role PMs may have extra bits of information (Note: these are in parentheses, written just like this.) explaining the role: I've added these to better fulfill the purpose of this game as a learning experience more than a competition. These will also be snipped.

[spoiler=Possible Roles] Reviver

Paranoid Gun Owner

Kidnapper

Tracker

Lynchproof

Miller

Warlock

Bulletproof

Vigilante

Martyr

Watcher

Doctor

Janitor

Governor

Hider

Poisoner

Interceptor

Hitman

Nexus

Lovers

Ninja

Safeguard

Universal Backup

Roleblocker

Driver

Serial Killer

Survivor

Cop

Lightningrod

Inventor

Dazzler

Mayor

Masons

Jack-of-all-Trades

Godfather

Tailor

Vengeful

Bodyguard

Player List:

1. CrashGordon94/Luster Purge - Isabel Vancini, Town Governor - Killed Night 1

2. Rapier/Ghoti - Dianne Walker, Town Nexus - Survived

3. Camtech/Paperblade - Stella Baldwin, Mafia Interceptor - Lynched Day 1

4. Iris/Fear the Pika - Andrew Moss, Mafia Kidnapper - Lynched Day 4

5. Prims/Kaoz - Noah Powell, Town Vengeful - Dropped dead Day 4

6. Manix/eclipse - Lionel Hayes, Town Cop - Survived

7. Shinori/Aurora - Justin Stone, Town Roleblocker - Killed Night 2

8. StrawSloththeSawSlothStraw/Haze - Benjamin Cortez, Town Inventor - Killed Night 3

9. Daigoji Excellen/WeaponsofMassConstruction - Ophelia Sharpe, Mafia Tailor - Lynched Day 3

Edited by Centurion

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The small town of Oakton has been a relatively calm, uneventful place for as long as you've lived in the area. But recently several corpses have been found left in the town square as some sort of macabre display, killed so brutally as to be almost unrecognizable. The only news is about the latest leads on what could be happening - no one has found the killers yet. Whoever is doing this, they are very clever. Unrest is growing, and one day the riots erupt into a state of anarchy. The police and the government aren't doing enough to help, and you could be the next to die any time now. Nearly everyone feels the same way. A plan is devised - each day, the most suspicious person will be chosen and subdued. Will be killed, in an attempt to find a killer. The irony of it would almost be amusing, if it weren't so horrible.

This is the last night before your plan will be put into action. The calm before the storm. You have reason to believe that there will be no murders by the mystery killers tonight, and no one would risk looking bad by breaking the informal ceasefire.

Everyone should now have a role PM. Contact me about any questions or errors as soon as possible. Begin Night 0. Night 0 ends March 11 at 5:00 AM EST, or in approximately 23 hours.

Edited by Centurion

A plan is devised - each day, the most suspicious person will be chosen and subdued. Will be killed, in an attempt to find a killer. The irony of it would almost be amusing, if it weren't so horrible.

This is the last night before your plan will be put into action. The calm before the storm. You have reason to believe that there will be no murders by the mystery killers tonight, and no one would risk looking bad by breaking the informal ceasefire.

Bolded the important part.

Kay what's the point of listing possible roles if you're going to list every role ever

You're not using your imagination well enough.

##Vote Psych for trying to lynch somebody on N0. Nightkills are for scum.

I really hate Night 0, or when the game begins on Day 1. It's when we have the less clues about what the hell is going on, and it annoys me seeing pro-towns finding scums like bosses and asking me why I'm not doing the same. >:

UPDATE: My computer screen no longer displays red. I will try to get this fixed soon. In other words, I'm probably not the best thing to talk to ATM.

Clipsey asked me to post this, seems reasonable.

01:21 clipseykitty Screen fixed. Whee.

01:22 clipseykitty Can you put that in the topic?

01:23 Centurion That your screen is fixed?

01:24 clipseykitty Yeah.

Edited by Centurion