Rate the Unit, Day 7: Gatrie

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode+Fixed Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings a Knight Ward to the team" as an argument.

- BEXP is free to be used in any quantity on any character.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Shinon: 3

Rhys: 5.315

Boyd: 8.293

Ike: 8.567

Oscar: 9.075

Titania: 9.91

Gatrie....

Well; he's the skirt-chasing dude a.k.a womanizer of this game.

He is also durable; and can play tanking in the early game chapters; he does return later in Astrid's joining chapter which is way earlier than what Shinon does; and also he has KW access to fix that speed of his.

The problem is his low MOV; and his supports are not likely next to him.

Oswin of Tellius. Too bad he runs away, but at least he comes back sooner.

8 -2 for the move I wish he had +.5 bias

Edited by Elieson

Gatrie....

Well; he's the skirt-chasing dude a.k.a womanizer of this game.

He is also durable; and can play tanking in the early game chapters; he does return later in Astrid's joining chapter which is way earlier than what Shinon does; and also he has KW access to fix that speed of his.

The problem is his low MOV; and his supports are not likely next to him.

Pretty much this, no I'm not posting Knights at the Roxbury again. He's not quite the face stomper he is in Radiant Dawn, but he wants Boots access to kick ass on everyone elses level. Not that he's a bad investment if you're not Speedrunning

Gatrie...not much to say about him. He's the Sain of this game, so that's awesome.

He leaves before chapter 8 and comes back in chapter 13, so he's not as bad as Shinon. Problem is, when he comes back, that MOV of his really screws him up.

5/10.

He is a Solid unit in the early game. He leaves like Shinon but comes back sooner and doesnt suck as much. He has very high HP and STR and with the Knight Ward, he actually gets a good SPD stat! His only downfall is his low movement which can cause some problems, however it is only a major problem in LTC playthroughs. He is practically useless in the Desert and Mountain Chapters.

6.75/10 - If you NEED him to go far distances just rescue-drop him. There is the Savior scroll and he does support with Marcia after all....

Gatrie's earlygame usefulness is his best feature, by far. He's a tank and the best armor knight you have until Tauroneo arrives in C21. He returns at a decent enough time and he's probably gotten 1-2 levels in earlygame where he'll be around the same level as most units.

Also, +1 bias because <3 Gatrie.

7/10

He's a great tank early, doesn't come back too late, and is solid in all other areas but Move. Move's big, don't get me wrong, but there are plenty of places where he can come in handy. SPD would be an issue, but this is FE9, and he shows back up on the same mission as the Knight Ward. Not sure how that thing works on Fixed Mode specifically but unless it just doesn't work at all it should help get him in comfortable doubling range.

As Armor Knights go, he's one of the best, albeit not as good as his FE10 incarnation who is King Rapeface.

7/10

Helpful early game, but that's about it. Can use the KW, but other people want it too, and he needs almost exclusive access to it for it to actually help him. He also desperately wants the boots, which again, other people want, too. Does what a general's supposed to do, but has all the weaknesses, too, unless you give him exclusive access to two very valuable items.

4.5/10 (including .5 bias)

Edited by bottlegnomes

Should have given me the option to promote him to Great Knight. With a pony, he'd be epic. Without, he's a solid wall to hide Soren behind in the earlier chapters. Still better than Shinon.

6/10

4/10, he has poor move, pretty terrible speed without a Knight Ward, although he is fairly clutch early on. I don't like Spears in this game (or maybe when he uses them) so idk either, and there are just units that do things a lot better than him. At least he's somewhat salvageable, but he's not a great unit by any means. He's almost unnecessary and his durability is just not necessary because units come in swarms in the final two chapters- and they can eat Gatrie alive.

Edited by Mercenary Raven

Gatrie, that guy who wants all the ladies but fails miserably.

Pros:

Super meat shield.

Decent base level.

Good strength.

Funny supports.

Cons:

Goes away like Shinon.

Really low speed.

Bad move.

Gatrie is pretty handy to have in early game. Hes meaty and can wall shit nicely. Hes basically like Oswin, which is cool. Problem is, like Shinon, Gatrie disappears for a while. He does at least, return much sooner and its possible to have him grow. But still, being away for a while kinda sucks. This is a game where youre probably using a lot of mounted units. (simply because how roflstompy they are.) Poor Gatrie isnt really gonna keep up with the team. (and i personally rather give the Boots to....someone else... ;):) He still has uses if you want to use an Armor though and i think hes better than the other Armor in the game. Hes just pretty slow.

5.5/10. Not really a fan of Gatrie so biased score 4/10.

8/10 great wall with decent bases and plenty of room to grow .He's a great unit for chapters were bottle necks can be formed like the bridge . He can also do heavy damage without killing early on giving Ike and other weaker units some much needed kills .Sadly, he does have piss poor move which can suck on a lot of chapters . I would recommend the boots on him but Ike is kinda more deserving of them . +1 bias point .

Edited by The_Purple_Knight

Oh thank god for the Knight Ward.

Oh thank god for earlygame contributions.

Oh thank god for coming back earlier then Shinion

Oh thank god for coming back still with reasonable stats

Oh thank god he's so damn likable.

But he's still a knight with some mehish combat at the start

6.5/10 + 1 because I just love him :3

4/10 - there's a reason I pronounce his name 'gaytree', and it has to do with him standing still and taking it up ass from everyone. Well not really, but in a game where Paladins, Pegasi and Wyverns are dominating the field, the last thing you want is having to hide behind some General who can't even keep up OR do anything effective when he's not; unlike, say, Soren with a staff. He can't even keep Astrid alive; you have to shovespam Ike for that bitch. Still, he has his uses in his forced chapters.

Gatrie with the Knight Ward:

allofmywhy.gif

why did I ever think of making this, and yes, the trees have skirts

He's merely okay: low movement hurts him a ton, and relying on that Knight Ward is quite the downside... Still, what a beast during the earlygame!

4/10

it's so horrifying and cheesy

Edited by Venusaur

Gatrie with the Knight Ward:

allofmywhy.gif

why did I ever think of making this, and yes, the trees have skirts

He's merely okay: low movement hurts him a ton, and relying on that Knight Ward is quite the downside... Still, what a beast during the earlygame!

4/10

it's so horrifying and cheesy

I LOL'D HARD!

I bet those are some sexy trees he got there!

He's a nice earlygame tank, but then he leaves, and you know what. Armors don't do so well in this game where mounts are dominant.

Earlygame, Gat is pretty awesome with excellent durability and good atk, possibly as useful as Tits without the mov. He might even be able to sneak a few doubles here and there since earlygame enemy AS is lame. His hit is shaky against the many axes, but he hits hard and doesn't die. His higher level means that he won't gain as many levels as Ike or Soren would, but he still gains way more than Tits or Shinon are getting, so if he gets kills, no one really gives a damn.

Just like with Shinon, he leaves at the start of Ch8. Unlike Shinon, he comes back at Ch13, where he will likely be Lv15(assuming he gets 1.5 levels in the four chapters he's in, which isn't unreasonable.) Unlike his buddy though, he's still average. Sadly, his spd is far from good and his mobility isn't the greatest in the world. He still hits hard and still super-tanks, which is a plus, but several other guys aren't too concerned about dying either. Luckily his spd is salvageable with the KW, but he has to compete with Brom and Tits for it(never mind that Oscar and Kevin may want it, too.) Post-promotion, he's above average in durability but average in offense.

With his high durability, he, in theory, would be a good candidate for Resolve and/or Wrath. But he's actually a bad user of those skills because the only way for him to drop to =<50%HP is to get hit by magic(which IIRC, makes up less than 25% of the entire map in almost all cases). Luna is probably his best skill overall, but it would need to OHKO to be really significant. As for supports, he supports with people that either dwarf his mov by 3 or are really shitty, not to mention Light does little for him since he has an effective 135% hit growth(but a mediocre base)and has defense coming out of his ass.

Gatrie's good, but you can only do so much with a knight.