Rate the Unit, Day 29: Norne

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard 1 Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. Every ranking phase starts from 2200 EST to 2300 EST. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Ridersbane" as an argument.

- Rate the character based on his/her performance without the Rainbow Potion, Maturity Drop or Bond Drop

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Yubello: 1.52

Rickard: 2.72

Wrys: 3.00

Bord: 3.25

Matthis: 3.60

Cord: 3.83

Warren: 4.35

Castor: 5.62

Linde: 6.27

Gordin: 6.33

Arran: 6.62

Frey: 6.87

Cecil: 7.21

Ryan: 7.71

Barst: 7.87

Julian: 7.95

Draug: 8.14

: 8.15

Yumina: 8.20

Rody: 8.43

Luke: 8.56

Marth: 8.70

Ogma: 9.00

Sirius: 9.31

Malliesia: 9.50

Catria: 9.73

Palla: 9.86

My Unit: 9.99

Ugh! Female Archers are the worst!

Terrible move. Terrible bases. Unable to switch to Hunter which would have granted a desperately needed +1 strength, +2 speed, +1 move.

Personal bases are blah. Personal growths are blah. Switching to any other class means her weapon rank dropping down to E which is too ridiculous to deal with at this point.

The ONLY positive thing I can say is that she is better than Bantu... maybe. 1/10

Edited by Gryz

Terrible bases , medicore growths outside of speed and skill and even they're lack luster . She has no reclass options because of her E rank in everything but bows and she's nothing but dead weight in her orginal class . Overall she's a medicore unit with little redeeming qualities . 3/10

Edited by The_Purple_Knight

Exactly what Gryz said, but... the bottom of the barrel is low enough that she isn't a one. She isn't awful, merely... quite violently bad, and so she gets a 2/10.

Come on, this is H1. She is extremely salvageable as a pegasus knight. Just feed her some thief kills in ch 7 and some arena use. If thats still not enough, give her the ch 8 arms scrolls and she should be a pretty damn good falcoknight before long. 6/10 She joins early enough to be salvageable.

I'd honestly use a certain few people that joins later than her, even without my biases for them. That's how terrible she is.

Her bases are pretty ick, and she's at E rank everything in any other class. Even if you want to early promote her, that's still 5 levels.

Tried using her on girls only. Even let her take a bunch of star shards for chapters (cav + speed shard + even that precious and should've-been-on-Catria lady sword). Turns out I've been wasting my effort and I ended up ultimately dropping her. Her bases are bad enough and her growths aren't all that great as far as FE12 standards go. Requires too much resources to function. 2/10

You could throw her in Myrmidon. It's not awesome, but 16 AS doubles a lot of things for the most part. I think a single Spd proc gets Thieves. Don't forget that Lady Sword is available.

Though Pegasus Knight might be better in Chapter 7.

...If you can somehow get her to Level 10 and instant promote her, she's "okay". Still, pretty bland and mediocre at best. And to think that she's practically wasted just because of her profession as an Archer, too.

2/10.

Oh, I guess the Lady Sword is a valid point. Not worth it, but still an option if you were dead-set on making her useful somehow.

By the way, would we risk losing any goodies in chapter 7 if we gave her (wasted) one of the 4 flying slots? Or am I just being paranoid after being traumatized by Lunatic?

Also, I was going to rejoice at having simultaneous Wendell reviews but then I remembered Samto and his stupid face. Crap.

Edited by Gryz

Just feed her some thief kills in ch 7 and some arena use.

Arena usage doesn't count points in a character. Nor is it debateable.

-----

Bad in her Original Class, but it is suggested to make her a Peg Knight to give her not only Enemy phase dueling which she cannot do as a bow user. But also she gets better movement. Even so, her Str hardly grows at all and will need forges and Energy Drops to get any good.

Overall....terrible. But at least she looks alot like Ethlin.

2.5/10

Edited by リンダ

Arena usage doesn't count points in a character. Nor is it debateable. Bad in her Original Class, but it is suggested to make her a Peg Knight to give her not only Enemy phase dueling which she cannot do as a bow user. But also she gets better movement. Even so, her Str hardly grows at all and will need forges and Energy Drops to get any good. Overall....terrible. But at least she looks alot like Ethlin. Both NM2.5/10
I checked the OP and didnt find a trace of this so called base arena ban u speak of. Like I said: She comes early enough that you can invest time and resources into her. She can be fed thief kills pretty easily as a pegasus knigh in ch 7. Have arran use silver on them and then they are in killing range for her. In ch8, she can probably get a kill here and there. In chapter 9, there are many many weak enemies like mages and thieves that she can train on and she can be fed the ch 8 arms scrolls if she still doesnt have javelin access. In ch10, she can chip at stuff and possibly kill mages or the swarm bishops for more exp. By the time ch11's whip comes along, she should be at a decent enough level and can use the lady sword (which i found redundant in all my H1 playthroughs other than for base arena training females) in ch12's base arena as a cavalier to get some str/def before u promote her into a falcoknight. After that shes pretty much set and will be helpful for a lot of chapters to come. Granted, im probably biased and the favoritism im arguing could be too much in non-draft settings. I just find 2-3/10 a bit ridiculous for a unit that is fine in H1, that joins early and can become a pretty damn good falco. Edited by PKL

I checked the OP and didnt find a trace of this so called base arena ban u speak of. Like I said: She comes early enough that you can invest time and resources into her. She can be fed thief kills pretty easily as a pegasus knigh in ch 7. Have arran use silver on them and then they are in killing range for her. In ch8, she can probably get a kill here and there. In chapter 9, there are many many weak enemies like mages and thieves that she can train on and she can be fed the ch 8 arms scrolls if she still doesnt have javelin access. In ch10, she can chip at stuff and possibly kill mages or the swarm bishops for more exp. By the time ch11's whip comes along, she should be at a decent enough level and can use the lady sword (which i found redundant in all my H1 playthroughs other than for base arena training females) in ch12's base arena as a cavalier to get some str/def before u promote her into a falcoknight. After that shes pretty much set and will be helpful for a lot of chapters to come. Granted, im probably biased and the favoritism im arguing could be too much in non-draft settings. I just find 2-3/10 a bit ridiculous for a unit that is fine in H1, that joins early and can become a pretty damn good falco.

Well...at least she's alot more useful than some low tier characters. =)