Rate the Unit, Day 28: Bantu

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard 2 Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Each ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. 13th May start the topic again but i am not sure. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Ridersbane" as an argument.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Matthis: 0.86

Vyland: 1.67

Rickard: 2.34

Darros: 2.45

Roshea: 2.88

Gordin: 3.11

Bord: 4.37

Navarre: 4.66

Cord: 4.87

Castor: 5.54

Merric: 5.58

Wrys: 5.92

Marth: 6.33

Sedgar: 6.57

Wolf: 6.67

Julian: 6.60

Jagen: 6.98

Draug: 7.12

Ogma: 7.56

Athena: 7.95

Hardin: 8.70

Abel: 8.76

Cain: 8.90

Wendell: 8.92

Lena: 9.26

Barst: 9.40

Sheeda: 9.89

Crappy growths, crappy bases and i would rather sell the firestones for more base arena/statboosters later in the game. He costs turns or a rescue charge to make things worse. 0/10 (1/10 - 1 bias) Derp...wrong game. Well, FE11 bantu still costs turns and most of the same stuff applies (except selling the stone for more base arena) so a 0/10 it is.

Edited by PKL

Absolutely worthless without resources. At least he can recruit Tiki. =)

1/10

Edited by リンダ

He'll hit hard, for the one or two times he needs to. His weapon is stupidly limited, though, and that's what brought him down from a 1.5.

1/10

this guy is pretty sturdy and had a nice blast to his attack. His growths are bleh beyond measure but on higher difficulties he's solid enough for a few chapters.

Hey, c'mon now, Ban-Ban isn't completely horrible!

He has 25 attack power at base! For comparison, base level Silver Lance Hardin has 23 attack. This alone should get him out of 1/10 territory. Of course, his long term potential is abysmal due to his growths. However, I feel that doing something kinda cool in the short term > putting time and effort into crap units like Matthis, Vyland, and Roshea. I don't see his Firestone durability being an issue at all.

4/10 (3.5 + 0.5 bias because I like his mug)

Ban-ban's got more problems than his growth rate. His first stone isn't exactly on the way to the throne in Chapter 5. Since this is H2, his 8 base Speed will ensure that he's not being doubled for a while, but he won't be doubling anything but really slow units (armors and mages). You'll also have to stretch that stone until Chapter 17. Lastly, his movement is far from impressive, and he has no ranged options, so getting him to a place where he can leverage that attack will be painful. In short, I feel he's not worth it.

Bantu isn't going to be attacking 30 times, so the Firestone breaking shouldn't be a concern.

Yes, he's hardly a star player and has a myriad of issues, but he still comes to the table with very nice attack power. This game is very generous with deployment slots so it doesn't really hurt to have him as that back-up/filler unit that can deliver the occasional powerful punch. I mean, my score still says he's bleh - I just think he's often judged too quickly and harshly.

Bantu isn't going to be attacking 30 times, so the Firestone breaking shouldn't be a concern.

Yes, he's hardly a star player and has a myriad of issues, but he still comes to the table with very nice attack power. This game is very generous with deployment slots so it doesn't really hurt to have him as that back-up/filler unit that can deliver the occasional powerful punch. I mean, my score still says he's bleh - I just think he's often judged too quickly and harshly.

You DO reaize that in SD, manaketes' dragonstone charges are depleted even if they can't counter, right...?

Actual rating for banban here. He has a few clutch hit moments early on, but isn't contributing in the long run, or even the mid run.

Firestone village in Ch.5 to make him useful is out of the way, and if you don't get it, he isn't doing anything until Ch.17. But, he recruits Tiki, so he isn't that terrible.

1.5/10 0.5 bias because he has a real reason to join the army and not just getting persuaded by Caeda

You DO reaize that in SD, manaketes' dragonstone charges are depleted even if they can't counter, right...?

Yes, I know. Again, the Firestone breaking is the least of Bantu's concerns!

But his Firestone breaks too easily!

Hey, I would be interested in reading that. The doubters of the great and almighty Bantu need to cleansed from this world! Cleansed with fire!!!

He's a short term unit, but as long as you've got the chapter 5 Dragonstone. His offense is one of the best in a single attack for a bit and 20HP 12Def 5Res 8Spd is pretty decent defense for the while you're using him.

3.5/10