Rate the Unit: Day 56 - Tanith

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode (JP Maniac). And only hard mode!

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends when the next RTU thread is posted (at this point, it's hard to tell).

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" or "Gives you Bronze Sword" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings a Savior to the team" as an argument.

- BEXP is free to be used in any quantity on any character.

- Skills can be reassigned freely.

- No transfers.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise. I will not throw your vote out if I do not support your opinion. Possible reasons for a tossed vote include: your vote is higher/lower than the vast majority to "balance the score" and failure to justify a radically different score.

Averages:

LYRE!: 0.32

Fiona: 1.20

Meg: 1.34

Kyza: 1.53

Astrid: 2.10

Lethe: 2.21

Vika: 2.40

Leonardo: 2.53

Lucia: 3.06

Danved: 3.11

Mist: 3.11

Rhys: 3.21

Tormod: 3.28

Rolf: 3.36

Brom: 3.56

Ilyana: 3.75

Makalov: 4.00

Nealuchi: 4.41

Tauroneo: 4.50

Geoffery: 4.50

Black Knight: 4.60

Sigrun: 4.71

Maurim: 4.72

Kieran: 4.82

Aran: 4.92

Laura: 5.13

Ranulf: 5.14

Heather: 5.29

Soren: 5.45

Edward: 6.31

Micaiah: 6.50

Calill: 6.59

Boyd: 6.85

Mordecai: 7.17

Gatrie: 7.22

Marcia: 7.31

Zihark: 7.44

Nephenee: 7.74

Shinon: 7.90

Oscar: 8.11

Elincia: 8.21

Janaff: 8.28

Ulki: 8.32

Leanne: 8.38

Rafiel: 8.45

Mia: 8.45

Jill: 8.46

Volug: 8.87

Sothe: 8.93

Nailah: 9.00

Nolan: 9.06

Reyson: 9.07

Ike: 9.28

Titania: 9.76

Haar: 9.91

Really comparable to Sigrun. Arguably similar stats and they come on the exact same map. The only downside is that Tanith will want to get up to 3rd tier promotion for the extra stats to be more useful. Only I have to either waste a crown on her to promote right away or have to sit through 5 levels of training/BEXP and part4 is right around the corner. Whatever she gets, it shouldn't be as high as sigrun who average 4.71, so I say 4/10

Tanith lost her most awesome ability from Path of Radiance, so no more calling surprisingly sturdy NPC meatsack ballista fodder reinforcements. But Tanith has a half-decent spread of growths, and bases that are only maybe a point lower than Sigrun's in key stats. She also does better than Sigrun immediately in the HP and strength department. She's further away from 3rd tier, but her long-term viability is much better thanks to her earth affinity and better speed and strength growths. Like Sigrun, Tanith is worth training up a little bit to take care of maps in part 4. She's probably going to stick with Sigrun in the Silver Army route, but she actually has her choice of deployment if you needed her elsewhere. She's viable for endgame if you can squeeze in enough training into her availability window, since her base level is reasonable for her join time. She's not as speedy as Marcia but Tanith has more reliable strength and will probably have a level lead unless you managed to feed Marcia a lot of kills and all the CM bexp. However, even if Tanith is more reliable than Marcia, Marcia had a lot of free availability in the CM chapters and is a lot more essential for clearing maps than Tanith ever will be, so...

6/10 (I gotta sleep on the score so this might change)

Edited by Samias

Great growths, nice bases, alright base level.

And Earth aff.

And Class!

8/10

A great unit to train for p4 and endgame, and is one of the best endgame candidates if you get her there.

And TanithXOscar OTP.

Tanith comes with decent bases for a crown and does have the potential for endgame. She is one of the best units for both the Silver and Hawk routes in part 4. Desert is great for flyers and she actually has two range to handle the many snipers and crossbows. I don't think Jill/Haar doing it better is a valid argument here because they may not get used. In 4-2 she has great mobility and can fly over trees and other terrain, in 4-5 she can easily get a one-turn with rescue or just use the swamp greatly to her advantage to get power levels. in 4-E-1 she can flyer over the gap on turn 1 to snipe the siege sages and kill the other sages on enemy phase, and has canto to easily get into the vigor formations. The same goes for 4-E-5 and Tanith does have a good str and spd growth to use the Wishblade. She may want some Paragon help somewhere along the way, but she pays off great because she is combat-worthy stats on wings.

7/10 + 1 bias

I give automatic +1 bias to all peg knights.

Tanith lost her most awesome ability from Path of Radiance, so no more calling surprisingly sturdy NPC meatsack ballista fodder reinforcements. But Tanith has a half-decent spread of growths, and bases that are only maybe a point lower than Sigrun's in key stats. She also does better than Sigrun immediately in the HP and strength department. She's further away from 3rd tier, but her long-term viability is much better thanks to her earth affinity and better speed and strength growths. Like Sigrun, Tanith is worth training up a little bit to take care of maps in part 4. She's probably going to stick with Sigrun in the Silver Army route, but she actually has her choice of deployment if you needed her elsewhere. She's viable for endgame if you can squeeze in enough training into her availability window, since her base level is reasonable for her join time. She's not as speedy as Marcia but Tanith has more reliable strength and will probably have a level lead unless you managed to feed Marcia a lot of kills and all the CM bexp. However, even if Tanith is more reliable than Marcia, Marcia had a lot of free availability in the CM chapters and is a lot more essential for clearing maps than Tanith ever will be, so...

6/10 (I gotta sleep on the score so this might change)

Crrrrrrrrrowning is a decent option.

Excellent Pegasus Knight. I find it tough for Marcia to match Tanith's base level by 3-11 (Marcia's got 4 maps before this, so she's got to gain at least 3 levels a map). Earth Affinity and Awesome Strength + Speed growth = awesome endgame candidate.

8+1 = 9/10

6/10.

Comes with nice bases and decent growths in key stats. She has to be fed BEXP'd and babied like crazy though, probably even more than marcia. But she's a serviceable unit if you can get her up to par. Like Sigrun, she comes with great weapon ranks. She has flight. Canto. All that stuff thats goooood. But her availability sucks and her bases are a bit...inadequate for her chapter, especially her spd base.

7/10.

She can fly, she has canto, alright bases, decent growths. Also, Earth Affinity is still awesome. Notably, her base stats are very similar to Marcia's averages at level 16, having Less HP and Speed, but winning in Strength, Magic, Luck and Resistance and drawing in Skill and Defence. However, she will have trouble doubling at first, and might be at a lower level than the GMs, depending on who and how many you've used.

Tanith, unlike her bustier-but-weaker companion is a fairly decent peg knight. Her bases and growths are fairly good, but up to par with the rest of the team)in hard mode, she's pretty decent in nm), her availability is low, which means she must be BEXPed quickly AND fed kills to be of any use. She's a forced to be reckoned with once leveled up, and is one of the few viable non-royal units in part IV. She's arguably the best wishblade user in the game too.

6/10

I thought Tanith was a dude for the longest time

Edited by Starwave

Tanith is usable but not particularly good. His bases are comparable to the original GMs despite joining several chapters later at a higher level. His growths are decent, but nothing too impressive. His main saving graces are his flight utility, endgame potential (probably the best seraph knight for endgame), and earth affinity. Unfortunately, his lack of availability hurts those last two points.

6/10

5.25/10. It terms of bases, she's more-or-less comparable with Sigrun. Unfortunately, her speed base is underwhelming. Also, while she has higher growths (except HP, Luck and Resistance), aside from Defense, she's not really blowing Sigrun out of the water in the growths department.

Edited by Golden Cucco

Same bases as Sigrun - 3 levels, paegasus, decent weapon ranks, and mostly high growths. her only weakness is her low HP and low caps in some areas. Her start is also a little bit shaky. 6.5/10 she's Naesala's assistant in pwning the desert chapter. Availability isn't great either, but...

Tanith is usable but not particularly good. His bases are comparable to the original GMs despite joining several chapters later at a higher level. His growths are decent, but nothing too impressive. His main saving graces are his flight utility, endgame potential (probably the best seraph knight for endgame), and earth affinity. Unfortunately, his lack of availability hurts those last two points.

6/10

LOL. Nicely played.

I'll just give her a 6.5/10 + 1 bias for reasons everyone else said.

Good strength for a peg, flight, and an awesome 3rd tier outfit gives Tanith quite the edge over other pegasus knights. She can fall behind some of your better GM units and Haar and Elincia are better flying choices, but she still is a great unit in the desert when crowned. 7/10

Man you guys have terrible opinions. Ranulf only gets a couple of votes higher than a 6/10 but Tanith consistently gets 6-8's? Jesus Christ.

4/10, she can fly but her bases are ass and she doesn't grow quickly enough to have a good combat performance.

Edited by Tyrant Sage

5.25/10. It terms of bases, she's more-or-less comparable with Sigrun. Unfortunately, her speed base is underwhelming. Also, while she has higher growths (except HP, Luck and Resistance), aside from Defense, she's not really blowing Sigrun out of the water in the growths department.

I missed Sigrun. Damn...

Tanith, one of the generals of the Holy Guard.

Pros:

Flies.

Ok bases.

Good growths.

Highest strength for the pegknights.

Earth Affinity.

Cons:

Base level is kinda low for her join time.

No more Reinforce.

Tanith is a good unit. She joins at level 16 though whereas Sigrun joined at level 19. So for Tanith to promote right away, you'd either slap a Crown on her or pile a bunch of BEXP in her. I like to take advantage of her decent growths and raise her with CEXP. Shes probably having the highest strength stat out of all the pegknights (Bar Elincia). So she can actually murder junk more effectively, since Marcia likes getting strength screwed and Sigrun's strength is ass. Tanith's good sword rank means shes not burning shitty Wind Edges for a sword 1-2 range. She can Storm Sword and pretty well. With a Greatlance, she can raep. She flies around and Earth Affinities all over the place. Pair her up with Oscar for some cool results. Tanith is ok in just about any of the routes but i like her on the GM routes the best.

I give Tanith a 6.5/10. Shes decent enough for that despite her base level. 7/10 bias because <3

Man you guys have terrible opinions. Ranulf only gets a couple of votes higher than a 6/10 but Tanith consistently gets 6-8's? Jesus Christ.

4/10, she can fly but her bases are ass and she doesn't grow quickly enough to have a good combat performance.

Of course, don't you know everyone who votes here is secretly a Daein citizen who hates laguz?

A slightly better version of Sigrun due to higher strength and less ridiculous growths. Still really just a filler unit unless you're desperate for a Seraph Knight in endgame. 5/10

I know the voting has probably ended already.

Tanith has good bases and good growths. She's a bit under par when she starts but she is easily fixed with either a wing or a crown. She's gonna function in Skrimir's palce with a bit less PP but a lot better EP.