Rate the Unit: Day 70 - Giffca

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode (JP Maniac). And only hard mode!

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends when the next RTU thread is posted (at this point, it's hard to tell).

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" or "Gives you Bronze Sword" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings a Savior to the team" as an argument.

- BEXP is free to be used in any quantity on any character.

- Skills can be reassigned freely.

- No transfers.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise. I will not throw your vote out if I do not support your opinion. Possible reasons for a tossed vote include: your vote is higher/lower than the vast majority to "balance the score" and failure to justify a radically different score.

Averages:

LYRE!: 0.32

Degh. Jr: 0.86

Fiona: 1.20

Meg: 1.34

Kyza: 1.53

Pelleas: 1.85

The Firefighter: 1.98

Ena: 1.98

Astrid: 2.10

Lethe: 2.21

Vika: 2.40

William Shakespeare: 2.42

Leonardo: 2.53

Sanaki: 3.03

Lucia: 3.06

Danved: 3.11

Mist: 3.11

Stefan: 3.14

Rhys: 3.21

Tormod: 3.28

Rolf: 3.36

Brom: 3.56

Ilyana: 3.75

Makalov: 4.00

Renning: 4.06

Nealuchi: 4.41

Tauroneo: 4.50

Geoffery: 4.50

Black Knight: 4.60

Sigrun: 4.71

Maurim: 4.72

Kieran: 4.82

Aran: 4.92

Laura: 5.13

Ranulf: 5.14

Caineghis: 5.20

Heather: 5.29

Skrimir: 5.45

Soren: 5.45

Edward: 6.31

Tanith: 6.36

Micaiah: 6.50

Tibarn: 6.59

Calill: 6.59

Boyd: 6.85

Mordecai: 7.17

Gatrie: 7.22

Marcia: 7.31

Naesala: 7.34

Zihark: 7.44

Nephenee: 7.74

Shinon: 7.90

Oscar: 8.11

Elincia: 8.21

Janaff: 8.28

Ulki: 8.32

Leanne: 8.38

Rafiel: 8.45

Mia: 8.45

Jill: 8.46

Volug: 8.87

Sothe: 8.93

Nailah: 9.00

Nolan: 9.06

Reyson: 9.07

Ike: 9.28

Titania: 9.76

Haar: 9.91

Oliver: 384618.6

Edited by Lucina

2nd best combat unit in the game, next to his master. Only there for endgame, but he can rip everything in half while he's there, excluding Dheginsea, Lehran, and Ashera. If only he showed up for more than 5 minutes.... +1 bias because he's awesome. sadly, even with +1 bias, this is the highest I can give him.... Dumb low availability... 6/10

Oh, and guys, Cain has lower speed, but he's also better in every other stat. Also, the base speed difference is 1-2. If they grow fully it'll usually end up 2-4. Not that big of a difference.

Edited by I don't play for turns

Oh, and guys, Cain has lower speed, but he's also better in every other stat. Also, the base speed difference is 1-2. If they grow fully it'll usually end up 2-4. Not that big of a difference.

Actually, unlike Caineghis's stat advantages, Giffca's Spd advantage is significant. Giffca starts with enough Spd to double Sephiran (whom he can ORKO) and Ashera. Spd is Giffca's highest growth, so with 2 Bexp levels he's likely to have the 40 AS needed to double Auras without Nasir (Giffca also has a good chance of gaining Str with Bexp level-ups). Caineghis has a terrible Spd growth; he isn't likely to gain a single point of Spd with Bexp level-ups.

I think he'll get one if you bexp him all four levels. Health, strength, luck, and defense are the growths he has higher than speed, IIRC. He'll cap strength after two levels, leaving defense as third highest. After one more level, that'll be capped, leaving speed as third highest. So with the last, he should get a point of speed. Doesn't make much of a difference and takes a lot of bexp, but it means hecan double Seph and Ashera. But he's probably never doubling auras without Nasir without a speedwing, which would be pretty pointless to use on him.

It's kind of funny. If it weren't for formshift, Giffca could be better than Cain. And transferred Giffca would definitely be better than Cain.

Giffca is much like Cain but trade Formshift for better Spd. Which is significant like aku chi pointed out.

5.5/10 +0.5 bias because he's not only cooler looking, but also superior to his master to make the score 6/10.