Touhou NOCfia - Game Over

Prims

I meant that I mentioned my power, and it's sort of similar to a neighborizing ability(IMO) so I didn't bother clarifying.

Also, when is phase end I've lost track of time?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will poof whether Boron tells me her spellcard or not -- it's not relevant to the bargain. I am only asking a question: is Boron concealing her spellcard worth idling a lynch at MYLO? I doubt a townie would answer that question in the affirmative.

Do you have to believe me? I suppose not, but if I'm lying town hardly has a chance anyway.

Strege, thoughts on this? This way you can get Boron's spellcard before she died and we'll have proof of your word (or rather, your vote). We can't win tonight so giving us scum today won't ruin your chances and if we fail on our word you could always just screw us over tomorrow because we'll be in the same situation.

Wow, I somehow forgot to respond to this post of kirsche's. I'm perfectly fine with that, and I don't mind revealing my spell card.

Strege, the reason I didn't want to tell you outright was because I wasn't sure how your role worked. Like, if your win-con was structured so that you could disappear in the middle of the day and leave us with three votes to hammer instead of four. I didn't think it would be beneficial.

Wow, I somehow forgot to respond to this post of kirsche's. I'm perfectly fine with that, and I don't mind revealing my spell card.

Strege, the reason I didn't want to tell you outright was because I wasn't sure how your role worked. Like, if your win-con was structured so that you could disappear in the middle of the day and leave us with three votes to hammer instead of four. I didn't think it would be beneficial.

That's fair, and I'll hold you to it. ##Unvote

Give me a moment to get my reads sorted. I'm not quite as motivated as you all to crunch ISOs, but I'll try to contribute something and consolidate where required.

If there are two mafia among Shinori, Manix, and BBM then Manix is almost certainly one of them, and so he would be the easy lynch. I've had my suspicions of Manix in the past, and Shinori and BBM are unlikely to be scumbuddies (though, if they are, good show sirs). Amongst them I think the most likely team would be BBM/Manix.

I'm not the hostile third, and without knowing their wincon it's hard to search for them. That said, it's finally gotten through to me that kirsche is a very probable third. Hostile third rolecop is weird so I'm going to guess it isn't Boron. This role complicates things, or course.

BBM: I can trace a line along his activity and see the townie intent, but along it I can see a focus on self-preservation as well. His arguments against me (which I mention just because I'm most familiar with them) were relatively graspy, early on dismissing my questions as rolespec and asking their intent while not clarifying his own, and later reading my content rather selectively. There were a few things like scumhunting as soon as Shinori's reaction test was done that make me turn the other way, though.

Shinori: The red potion thing goes town/third (sorta-clearing someone and not just giving to it probably!scum!scorri when I suggested it), black is null, lynchproof potion is I don't know. His apparent confidence this phase is fairly convincing. Earlier in the game he didn't seem very concerned with his own appearances, and while he might have popped the lynchproof potion he also risked getting vigged for weirdness. Interactions with probably!scum!scorii are... complex. I'm not sure that it incriminates Shinori so much as it did scorri.

Manix: My argument against him has been pretty sparse. To a large extent, I suspect him right now because I fail to see significant indicators of townieness like I do from BBM and Shinori (so, POE, for the most part).

I want to believe neither BBM or Shinori are mafia, but I'm not sure that bird flies now. Ideally, town hits mafia today and leaves the third to miraculously soak up a kill or kill mafia. Lynching the third might actually be worse than a no-lynch. Therefore I will submit the following sequence of priority:

Manix > BBM > Shinori > Boron > kirsche

##Vote: Manix

I smell chicken wings and so I must depart.

Why so eager to end the phase, Kirsche? I don't really understand. >_>

Where's the self-preservation in my posts? You also said none of that stuff about my vote being graspy when I made it, and honestly I can't remember it anymore, but I don't think I was voting you originally just for rolespec, but because I felt that you were misrepresenting Paperblade's posts. And I don't think I've ever made my intent unclear. If I have, how did I do so?

Remember that Shinori didn't choose the target of the potion, Paperblade did. The test itself was Shinori's idea, but giving it to me instead of Scorri/NNR wasn't, so I don't think that's a point in his favour.

Town's only real chance of victory is if we lynch correctly today and then the last mafia kills a third.

I don't mind lynching Manix if nobody wants to go after Shinori, but I'll wait for Boron to say whom she finds worst right now.

I'm bored of twiddling my thumbs. The Manix lynch is happening now might as well get it over with.

Btw if Manix turns up scum there is literally no way you are convincing me of changing my vote off of you now.

Strege, what do you think of a Shinori/Manix scumteam? You mentioned that you find me/Shinori unlikely and me/Manix more likely, but nothing directly about Shinori/Manix.

If Manix's argument of "I have a weak role so I must be hiding parts of it" is to be believed, why didn't I as mafia kill Boron last night? Presumably if I'm not just an Announcer, her role is most dangerous to me. It makes more sense for Shinori/Manix to focus the Kill Cop over her, as their roles are strong enough that they're probably what they say they are (and Manix is Ascetic anyways).

Kirsche- I don't see how me not wanting to quickhammer someone means I'm scumbuddies with them. I'm putting serious effort into trying to lynch which of Shinori/Manix I find worse, just in case Boron happens to be mafia, so you saying that I'm doing it just because I'm buddies with Manix is a misrep of what I've been saying almost all phase. It's like you've decided from before that I'm mafia, and are therefore choosing to believe that my preference to lynch Shinori means Manix and I are buddies, rather than even listening to the explanations I've been giving all phase.

I've listened to your explanations, I just don't believe them. Pre-D7 aside, you've gone from trying to foil my get-Strege-to-vote-plan for no reason and are still hesitant to vote Manix. I'm like 99% sure you're scum if Manix is.

If Manix isn't then BBM/Boron Scumteam too stronk.

I'm here just for a short time (mostly to show off my new avatar :P)

BBM, my ability was a threat to Xinnidy because she lied about her role. Bus driver in itself isn't a scummy role (as for turning up godfather, I dunno if that was a mod error or a trick, since Trainwreck had scorri has a town godfather). The fact that she turned up bus driver and not doctor was what was the real issue.

If Manix is mafia, my rolecop is not a treat because actions fail on Manix anyway. If one of you and Shinori are mafia, then I'm not a threat if you guys didn't outright lie about your roles.

Where's the self-preservation in my posts? You also said none of that stuff about my vote being graspy when I made it, and honestly I can't remember it anymore, but I don't think I was voting you originally just for rolespec, but because I felt that you were misrepresenting Paperblade's posts. And I don't think I've ever made my intent unclear. If I have, how did I do so?

Remember that Shinori didn't choose the target of the potion, Paperblade did. The test itself was Shinori's idea, but giving it to me instead of Scorri/NNR wasn't, so I don't think that's a point in his favour.

It's not solely self-preservation, but I can see that interpretation of your content. I admit this is likely paranoia. I'll see if I can fish up solid examples or otherwise drop it.

Your vote on me was sustained for Paperblade interactions but started because you saw too much rolespec in my two preceding posts and felt my scumhunting was blanketed, but the rolespec had a purpose and I had asked other people questions, none of which you acknowledged. You didn't say why you needed to know whether I thought you should have kept the GF info under wraps and asking me seemed like padding your investigation. That I didn't say so before is irrelevant, but was a mixture of me not seeing things at the time and me being concerned for my own appearances.

I remembered that Shinori didn't choose the target, but I don't see how that's relevant.

Strege, what do you think of a Shinori/Manix scumteam? You mentioned that you find me/Shinori unlikely and me/Manix more likely, but nothing directly about Shinori/Manix.

If Manix's argument of "I have a weak role so I must be hiding parts of it" is to be believed, why didn't I as mafia kill Boron last night? Presumably if I'm not just an Announcer, her role is most dangerous to me. It makes more sense for Shinori/Manix to focus the Kill Cop over her, as their roles are strong enough that they're probably what they say they are (and Manix is Ascetic anyways).

Shinori/Manix is possible I suppose. Manix is voting Shinori right now but he hardly has an argument behind it, and he's really only commented on Shinori's claim. Vice versa too. Bleh. BBM/Manix is obvious, but maybe that's a point against it. Damn you MYLO.

Eh, I could see you being mafia Announcer/supervoter. Rolespec in a Prims game etc. Boron could even be scum, so that argument isn't good.

Kinda waffling on BBM and Shinori right now, but we have time.

Day 7.2 Votals

Manix (2): Strege, kirsche

Shinori (2): BBM, Manix

BBM (1): Shinori

Not voting (1): Boron

The day ends in 33 hours and 10 minutes. With 6 alive, hammer is required and it takes 4 to lynch.

It is possible for Town to lose the game following a mislynch today.

Edited by Witch

Boron, one of Manix's arguments for why I (and Kirsche) are scum, other than PoE, is that our roles are too weak for us to be telling the truth about them. The implication there is that I'm not just an Announcer, but an Announcer/X like Xinny was a Godmother/Bus Driver. If I'm mafia hiding half my role, why isn't Boron dead?

I'm hesitant to vote Manix because I have no desire to end the phase more than 24 hours early. If Boron chooses Manix over Shinori, then I'll vote there, but until she does, I'll stick with my top read.

As for the Strege thing, I thought your plan was to get Strege to rush his last guess by giving him wrong info, since I interpreted it as a Neighbourize, where we'd then have to take your word for what Boron's spellcards are. I wasn't trying to get Strege to not vote. >_> While a no lynch might doom town's chances of winning, it's not really what the mafia wants either, because killing someone decreases the amount of ML candidates they have.

My vote abilities come from spellcards and wouldn't be part of my rolename anyways. Strege, didn't you also say that at least one of my claimed spellcards were confirmed as existing (the voteblock one)?

Also, I said why I wanted to know whether you thought I should have kept my GF info to myself. You pressured me for outing the info, so I asked whether you would have outed the info yourself, as pressuring me for something you yourself would have done would have been suspicious. After that I kept pushing it because you sidestepped the question several times. I personally stand behind the fact that you were rolespeccing by pushing me for outing the GF info. I know that I was the reason that discussion continued because I pushed it for so long, but that doesn't mean that you didn't start it. I also acknowledged that you were saying other stuff. My point was that the other stuff wasn't that strong.

Kirsche, why are you ignoring pre-D7 stuff? I don't understand the logic behind doing that.

As for the Strege thing, I thought your plan was to get Strege to rush his last guess by giving him wrong info, since I interpreted it as a Neighbourize, where we'd then have to take your word for what Boron's spellcards are. I wasn't trying to get Strege to not vote. >_> While a no lynch might doom town's chances of winning, it's not really what the mafia wants either, because killing someone decreases the amount of ML candidates they have.

My vote abilities come from spellcards and wouldn't be part of my rolename anyways. Strege, didn't you also say that at least one of my claimed spellcards were confirmed as existing (the voteblock one)?

Really? I'd think that a no-lynch is pretty decent for mafia. It would kinda depend on how the vote situation favours them at that point, wouldn't it?

I knew about the unvote card, and Prims, in his way, outlined the extra vote (thought not explicitly a ghostvote) outside of MYLO/LYLO as an example in my original PM. (preeetttty sure it's not a rules violation to say that)

eh fine about our initial scuffle ;/

Well, okay. Say we no lynch. The scumteam then has to choose who to kill. Killing one of me/Shinori/Manix is sort of dumb since we're the larger ML candidates, and killing one of Kirsche/Boron makes them lose wiggle room. Killing you is sort of a waste because you could leave the game on your own. A no lynch will cause town to probably lose, but that doesn't mean it makes for an easier mafia win. The easiest mafia win is for a mislynch today.

Boron, one of Manix's arguments for why I (and Kirsche) are scum, other than PoE, is that our roles are too weak for us to be telling the truth about them. The implication there is that I'm not just an Announcer, but an Announcer/X like Xinny was a Godmother/Bus Driver. If I'm mafia hiding half my role, why isn't Boron dead?

Funny you should mention the "godfather" thing in your following post, BBM. Assuming Xinnidy wasn't the "role godfather" you mentioned in your first post, maybe that person is still alive.

Whatever about the mislynch / no lynch, I was mostly bugging out at the "killing someone decreases the amount of ML candidates they have." comment. By that logic mafia should never kill anyone! I don't care much about it at any rate.

ISOing over here. Failing to find defensiveness that I saw earlier.

Manix > Shinori > BBM > Boron > kirsche

It's possible they're still there, but I'm not it if that's your implication.

Yeah, I know, it's just something that you'd have to accept.

Whatever about the mislynch / no lynch, I was mostly bugging out at the "killing someone decreases the amount of ML candidates they have." comment. By that logic mafia should never kill anyone! I don't care much about it at any rate.

ISOing over here. Failing to find defensiveness that I saw earlier.

Manix > Shinori > BBM > Boron > kirsche

Yeah, on second thought, maybe not my best logic. They probably wouldn't mind a no lynch, but a mislynch is still preferable, obviously.