Musical Chairs Mafia, Town Wins, the Mod Loses

NekoRex

I still think Kay is scummy, though I'd vote Refa over her for holding his vote and hesitating over Objection without pushing elsewhere (also Refa pls post more read-y stuff when you get a chance).

I should've done this sooner. :\

Leaning Town

-kirsche

-mafia sucks

-SB

-Elieson

idk

-Strege

-BBM

Kind Of Scummy

-Shinori

-Kay

-Objection!

From order of most town to most scum. The first four are people I'm fairly certain are town, although when you go down the least it becomes more gut read than anything else. idk categorizes people who I'm not sure what to think of one way or the other, and kind of scummy are people who are more suspicious than anyone else, FMPOV.

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rip refa

Not as suspicious of Objection any more as he claimed to have hooked a flip scum. Pretty sure he and Eli is town off of this

I'm going to work in 10 minutes and will miss deadline. Prims please don't start a turbolynch on me again while I'm away. I'm content with my vote on Terrador where it is right now. I don't really think it'll end up doing anything but I don't find either of the two major wagons ((Elie or Objection!)) scummy enough to vote them. Night all. Darros out.

which reads like distancing from the lynch. Gonna do something else for a minute before deciding on vote placement.

I was vanilla previous phase. If you were wearing the BPV last phase please say. I am tremendously disappointed that we didn't get to use any of our investigations. Anyway with Darros dead and being scum it's not unreasonable that Objection! hooked correctly. So my biggest read returns to Strege.

##Vote: Strege

Vanilla d2 here. Neko should retitle the thread to d3.

[meme]

I don't always sheep kirsche

But when I do it's when he's probably right

[/meme]

##Vote Strege

Kay is probably scum too

Strege isn't scum. If Darros had decided to use the Hitman, it would have gone through Objection's hook (I presume). That means that Strege blocked the kill on Prims. Additionally, even if Hitman WOULDN'T have gone through the hook, I'm like 95% sure the mafia would have chosen to use the Ninja over the Hitman on N1, since both the Tracker and Watcher were supposed to use their roles.

Anyways, I've informed NNR of this, but I'm going to be very busy over the next week. I'll try posting once or twice a day, but no promises.

##Vote: Kay

Actually, NNR, if one of the mafia's killing abilities (Janitor, Hitman, Ninja) gets blocked by any of the three means, does it still get used up?

It matters because the mafia didn't Jan last night, meaning they Ninja'd.

ITT BBM assumes strongarm pierces protection roles like Roleblocking

Can we get mod confirmation on if Strongkills can be hooked?

rip Refa sorry for kinda thinking you were a maflord

Also yo I was doc again yesterday and I docced SB. I considered other, less obvious options, but I couldn't narrow them down to one which the mafia might go for and the Gregor reread threw off my townreads, so I went with the obvious option again. I didn't get a role PM for D3 yet (crossing my fingers for another doc) and I don't even know if I was blocked or redirected (if I'm even given that kind of info), so the roleblocker can delay their claim if they suspect me at all.

I was vanilla previous phase. If you were wearing the BPV last phase please say. I am tremendously disappointed that we didn't get to use any of our investigations. Anyway with Darros dead and being scum it's not unreasonable that Objection! hooked correctly. So my biggest read returns to Strege.

##Vote: Strege

Other than my waffling on Objection you haven't really explained this, so unless you want me to dig through my own content and do the whole "look at how dumb this thing would be if I were scum" thing I could really use something more to respond to. Also, the argument of who blocked the kill N1 is so totally null -- we already went over that scum would say that they targeted one of their scumbuddies with the roleblock. If that's the case then your biggest scumread would be Objection as per the following post:

Changed to Darros > Objection! >> Strege > Elie. Objection has kinda fallen under the radar a little which is why I forgot about him.

The following was written overnight and copypasta'd (minus some bits about Refa):

My reread of Gregor interactions:
--kirsche's Gregor vote is making my up and down read on him settle down a fair bit. This would be a pretty early bus, but the fact that part of his argument was a cut-and-dried misunderstanding that Gregor could refute easily means that I'm not taking kirsche out of the running for scumlord.
--Like I mentioned late D2, I don't really see Elie being scum with scum!Gregor. Elie draws a little bit of attention to him super early and then makes a mid-wagon vote on him D2 when scum probably would have pushed elsewhere.
--Objection's interactions with Gregor are weird wrt his D2 vote. They really look kinda like scumbuddy interactions. I'm also discarding the "no one tried to defend Objection late D1" logic because Gregor wasn't even around then to defend him, and it might not have been the best logic in the first place.
--BBM's interactions also look kinda bad, which sucks because I've been townreading him. I'll pull up the ol' ISO sometime soon and see what I can see, but dang if my reasons for townreading him aren't decent.
--Prims never mentions Gregor, but I think he mentions like everyone else? Looks a little bit bad.
--Kay not mentioning Gregor is less significant for me because of the lack of her posts and their timing, so null on interactions for me.
--scorri didn't mention Gregor, but she didn't really mention anyone. Nothing has changed here for me.

My reads are kind of all over the place atm, and I need to reread BBM, but I'm looking at something like:
Kay > scorri > Objection? > idk man like Prims or kirsche or someone?

Oh yeah, I was vanilla again.

I didn't assume; I just think that the Hitman going through hooks and the mafia choosing to use Ninja are combined more likely than the mafia both deciding to use Hitman over Ninja and the Hitman not going through hooks.

Additionally, everybody but Prims, Kay, and Shinori claimed their D1/N1 roles. Waiting to see what Shin(ori) claim as their roles for the last two cycles, but pretty sure Tracker not being used confirms that whoever had it was scum.

Strege- what's bad about my Darros interactions?

Strege- what's bad about my Darros interactions?

Other than a D1 question about his read on Objection you don't address him until post 361, which is PoE and hardly committal. Then you check his content in 373 but it reads like "Gregor's content is logically inconsistent and he is also inactive" -- doesn't push or ask a question, or say if you're okay with his lynch or whatever. Then you get criticized for using PoE and then say Gregor is scum in 378. You're not defending him or anything but you're also leaving him an easy path to defusing your suspicions if he hopped back in the game, which is a fine line of play for scum since the only ways he could survive the day would be that or the wagon shifting to Kay or /maybe/ Objection. Also 404 is such an obviously leading thing wrt its language I'm tempted to disregard it as "too scummy to be scum".

FYI I did get my wisdom teeth yanked so if my posting style/amount changes a tad that's probably why. Also, codeine is nice.

Not playing

Ouch. Be sure to ice your face a lot if it's swollen.

Not playing

So the reason I was townreading BBM is that he was the only one to push me early on, and he pushed me to the exclusion of everyone else. He then let up only to start again later, basically ensuring that if he flipped scum I would be pretty obviously townie. His push on me was also fine (like I seriously don't understand how more people didn't get onboard because my earlygame was dumb and contradictory).

Beyond that, I think his vote on Kay is oKay, but the most we get out of him regarding Objection D1 is disagreeing with much of Prims's case (but not fully quantifying his own read) and then post 222, and then on D2 he says his read on Objection hinges on Gregor's flip (which I think is lame for no less than three reasons). Post 238 is sort of lame too ("I don't hate the wagon, but the people on it are lazy" (without specificity)).

And maybe this is a dumber point, but I think all of BBM's reasons for townreading me (tone and actionspec) are bad, and I feel like he might recognize that and be using them as floodgates so that he can jump on me later.

Actually, BBM is probably among my top reads. Not sure if I'd lynch him over Kay as it stands, and obviously I'd like to take a nap hear his response.