Inception Mafia

Paperblade

We're still in that phase. It's day one. Everyone has a 10% chance of being mafia or whatever.

You know, back in the day, I was criticised for inactivity. You'll note there are still inactives. Maybe it was for the best I didn't post much, because no matter the fuck what people are going to jump on me. I'm defensive for daring to disagree with a vote on me. I can't write an essay on my votes so far because there is fuck-all to go on. Meanwhile I'm bandwagoning for having the temerity to vote for someone who, at the time, was literally the only person to sound even faintly scummy. What is the fucking point? Anything we say now will only be important in the context of later actions.

##Unvote because I may as well be left with a clean slate.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting weird vibes from Poly as I read through but I don't know why. I think it might be his tone idk. Same with Grass. Shinori is ehh, he's not posting to his scum meta but I have a feeling I guess.

It's weird but I'm having trouble reading everyone else. I don't feel the need to lynch Furet or Manix though.

Like I don't mean to deathtunnel but I don't find anyone else genuinely worthy to lynch atm, and it's still ED1 so that's bound to change probably lol.

I exist! Finally got some internet over here in Twoson. Will read the last 5 or so pages and DO THINGS in a few hours or so.

guh.

requesting a sub I guess

I'm moving and the unit is a pit and I can barely get anything done ATM

I'd rather not be lynched for being inactive the next couple of days or whatever so yeah sub pls

Worthy of noting, Eury's spent about twenty-seven paragraphs trying to explain what I've been doing in, like, three short posts; we have nothing substantial on anyone. Then they voted against me because I was the first to say it.

Incidentally I recommend we push all uncertain votes to Objection to majority until he fucking posts.

there's not really any point in wagoning an inactive, it doesn't get much done besides give scum an easy wagon to hop.

Either it gets him to talk or it gets a useless inactive killed. We're playing the same game as we played two years ago, and the same rules apply; people who don't talk are useless.

I mean, understandably useless given it's day one, but still useless.

I think Via's point was more that putting a vote on someone who isn't posting probably isn't going to do much due to the fact that them not posting probably means they aren't reading the thread so you having a vote on them doesn't really encourage them to post or anything. That being said, I agree that if Objection still hasn't posted by day end, he's perfect for lynch or vig shot.

kirsche's last post just feels like he's coasting on his Rein vote to me, with the Furet thing thrown in as an afterthought.

Anyway because Poly subbed out I'm going to

##Unvote

##Vote: Quote

for basically what I said before plus #141 where he pretty much said "oh furet would be scummy but he might not be". Most of her posts since then have been kinda active lurky imo too.

I don't think Rein is scummy at all, I just feel like he has different opinions to other people and is getting attacked for them. scorri, what stops Furet for being scum and Rein being town with a case on him? Just because Furet hasn't played for a while doesn't mean he's going to be town under attack by opportunistic scum.

wrt inactives, I disagree on the lynch part. You don't get much readswise from just lynching a guy who didn't post. Vigging is fine. Although Furet, if there's nothing to post about what are you really expecting Objection to post?

Votals

Euklyd (1): Refa

Prims (2): Levity, Manix

Rein (3): Kirsche, Shinori, Scorri

Manix (1): Rein

Kirsche (1): Prims

Strege (1): Euklyd

Polydeuces (1): Strege

Parrhesia (1): Eurykins

Objection (1): Parrhesia

Levity (1): SB

Not Voting (5): Grassbridger, Objection, j00, Kay, Polydeuces

42 hours and 17 minutes left in the phase. Happy lynching.

Edited by BigBadMarshmallow

If he's not posting at all now we can't reasonably expect him to suddenly burst into activity later, can we? I'm following an established convention.

What the fuck ever, I'll ##Unvote since it's apparently that controversial.

"Active lurky" lol

Dude I already said I don't have much else to say because everyone already knows I want to lynch Prims today and I still stand by that. I don't this scummy. I meant that what he was doing could be considered scummy but considering his backgound and the eay his posts sound he's just not important to me.

I'm really confident in my Prims read which is probably why I seem coasty. I've never been this confident in a read before. His read on me was also waffly as fuck.

Yeah, after this I'm probably not gonna post much more unless I have something new to say or comment on because otherwise I'd just be spamming the thread with the same shit and I don't want to do that haha. Also im feeling a bit anxious and need a break.

That being said more people should be voting Prims wtf. When did everyone unvote him

I'm getting town vibes from Rein's posts, I feel like he's elaborated enough on his read on Manix that it doesn't really qualify as an easy vote and I don't really see why he'd do that as scum (this applies to his other reads as well).

WRT to Eury's huge post, Euklyd's doublevote being hidden is actually a better reason for him to claim. It prevents accidental hammers and the day phase ending too early. Also I don't get your opinion on this but town does benefit more from being aggressive than scum. Don't know why you think it's the opposite. Also how do you have a scum read on Furet with meta from me? I know I'm basically perfect, but unfortunately not everyone is going to emulate my scumplay.
Also Poly comes across as buddying with Strege, where he complains about Shinori's vote on Strege but doesn't actually say why it was bad. Additionally, I don't get how Rein was defensive at all...And right after that, you (Poly) complain to Prims that not all members of the scum team will be self conscious and defensive and Prims is scummy for thinking that, contradictory logic/10.
I'd vote Poly but eh, he's subbing out and I'd like a reasonable post from his replacement instead of having said person waste all their time defending themself.
I agree with Manix's case on Shinori; there's no reason for town to not pursue a scum read over an RVS vote. Obviously ED1 votes are going to be on people who have a logical possibility of being town, that's not a good excuse. And his Rein vote is bad, because it feels like he's just voting Rein for surface level stuff (not changing his vote) rather than looking for scum intent in that (voteparking).
##Vote: Shinori

i skimmed the thread, this is all from memory + I just woke up

@eury: I've explained why I claimed, and yet you clearly seem to have ignored it. i don't expect to be considered full on town from claiming, but the fact that you seem to think it's scummy to claim a negative utility role asap is bad. I refer back to the miller claiming point.

in regards to furet: i'm honestly not reading him as scum, even with all the questionable moves he's made. there's just something about his posts that makes me feel like it's really genuine.

so that's that. i'm not posting for a bit because I don't want to get myself into a downward spiral of "must play mafia at whatever cost", because i've found if I keep trying to post just after I wake up, I start feeling shitty. back later

@Refa:

1. I understand the importance of his claim and why it'd help us- however, it still doesn't change the fact that saying it/claiming it outright has put him at risk, moreso than if he'd said nothing.

2. Please re-read Post #150. I did not say that aggression in itself is ever purely scummy. Quite the opposite- I know and have done my fair share of aggressive/forward death-tunneling on people before. However, it is when aggression/aggressive responses/tunneling combines with other more scummish activity, such as lurking the thread, waffling up a storm, etc. that the aggression (factored in with everything else as a whole) begins to look bad.

3. Furet = Parrhesia, correct? (...For the sake of making shit easier to read, can people just stick with what name is currently visible (and not change their name in the midst of games)? I know of Bizz = Quote and whatnot, but not knowing some of the others makes it a little annoying/troublesome to have to keep doubling back and re-checking to see who's who. Just sayin'. >_>) I was referring to your PotC scum game, in which you were pretty much as distant as you could possibly be in your reads, contributions, and overall activity in the thread. That is what I was paralleling with in terms of Parrhesia's content and interactions at that point.

@Curly Brace:

1. I said, even in the large post, that I understood the claim and some of the reasons behind it (so I'd apppreciate if you wouldn't assume that "I'd clearly seem to have ignored it"). However, as I stated regarding the double-vote claim by Euklyd, just because your action had meaning/purpose still doesn't remove/absolve the high risks involved with claiming it aloud and what it means for the scum lurking around.

@eury: there's no risk to claiming it aloud though? people policy claim miller and they don't get shit for it. plus, I can idle, so all it does is inform rolecops that i am definitely tailor, so they don't autolynch me when they get a tailor result, due to tailor being seen as a scum role more often than not. you're making this issue more of a problem than it should be.

@Curly:

1. I refute the claim that "there is no risk to claim it". For one, yes, it is logical for millers to do so- that I understand. However, even in the game I saw Bluedoom claim miller, I believe it was D2 that people were beginning to question the validity of said claim, even as it is logical for a miller to claim ASAP. In addition, claiming ANY role in-thread has its share of risks. Docs/Cops risk getting shot, as can double-voters and lovers/masons. It can also give the scum a better idea of what to expect in terms of what town has in terms of utility and strengths.

2. Uh, how exactly am I making this "more of a problem than it should be"? I was restating/explaining my side of the argument, since you insisted I read/noted NOTHING earlier. I also wasn't hounding you about it- again, was just elaborating on the point so you understood my thoughts more clearly. If anything, you are, once again, assuming I am making a huge deal out of something (just as you assumed earlier that I hadn't read anything), when I'm merely clarifying my points and not pushing/driving at anything?