I Can't Believe It's not SFMM4! - Game Over

BBM

I have a reply post incoming, but there's something that's really been bothering me.

Why is Phoenix's claim so townie as to not to lynch him? 1x Omniguard could benefit scum just as much as it could benefit town, and additionally it's just too weak to constitute a role in and of itself. I'll bet anything that Phoenix is a Scum!JoaT and is just claiming the towniest part of his role.

Like seriously. Just because it can be a doc doesn't mean it will.

Doc isn't the only thing. It could also prevent hookers blocking, janitors, etc. Also you'll bet anything? Hmmm.

I don't see a newb!scum player forgetting to mention that his role is only one-shot (for the reason I already gave).

I will switch to FFM if necessary but preferably not Iris. Are you guys sure you don't want to lynch Poly?

To elaborate, the PM said "once during the night". Originally I thought it meant "once during each night" but that seemed rather OP, and the role was "one-use omniguard" after all.

I wouldn't mind seeing a claim from Iris. The reason I haven't responded to your questions is because my role PM is honestly quite odd, it says "you're the town miller governor, except you're none of these things anymore". I wasn't sure how to answer without saying what appeared to be random.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iris, why are you voting for a claimed omnidoctor if you're not CCing

I already explained it. Refa's explanation (#359) just further cemented my conviction.

And I find it hard to believe that that's the entirety of his role, which has a little bit to do with my role, but I'm not claiming.

I already explained it. Refa's explanation (#359) just further cemented my conviction.

And I find it hard to believe that that's the entirety of his role, which has a little bit to do with my role, but I'm not claiming.

I have Phoenix shoved under the same category as you. Are you saying that if either one of you flips, it'll give more information on the other?

I have Phoenix shoved under the same category as you. Are you saying that if either one of you flips, it'll give more information on the other?

No, not at all; our role uses aren't similar, it's just that I find his role a bit weak (only a one shot use?) compared to my multiple one-shot uses. Of course maybe one-shot roles are the standard in this game, but I bought into Refa's "could be claiming the town part of the JoAT!mafia" role.

eclipse could you stop talking about the day role you're using today but not telling anyone about?

Lynch priority would be Poly > FFM > Iris=Phoenix. It doesn't look like either of the last two are actually being lynched though so ehh

Also. . .that told me two things.

- If I go by role alone, then I use my role on neither of you

- If I go by flavor, I aim for Phoenix

I think flipping a coin between flavor and Something Else is weird. Here's my list, after accounting for those bullets (moved Iris):

Not using it on:

Eurykins

GP

Shinori

Me

Probably not:

Refa

Junko

Iris

Maybe:

Euklyd

Darros

Phoenix

bearclaw

What are associative reads:

Wen

Darros

Bones of contention:

Poly

FFM

eclipse could you stop talking about the day role you're using today but not telling anyone about?

Lynch priority would be Poly > FFM > Iris=Phoenix. It doesn't look like either of the last two are actually being lynched though so ehh

No. It is VERY pertinent to what happens. And I want discussion on everything before I make up my mind.

my role PM is honestly quite odd, it says "you're the town miller governor, except you're none of these things anymore".

Is this character flavor of the SF player your role is based on, or is it the summative name of your role?

eclipse is being cryptic about her role (but she's known to do this as town), so meh.

Is this character flavor of the SF player your role is based on, or is it the summative name of your role?

Clearly he's citing Reinfleche, as I would know, but not sure what to make of the flavor. But yeah, answer GP's question anyways.

A bit interested in GP's vote on iris. Felt like she would rather see poly lynched and states that iris is not "lynchable". Why vote for her then gp?

eclipse talks about being able to utilize some plan while also considering an Iris lynch. She votes Iris as well, so clearly votes on her are needed for the plan to work. I then vote Iris to facilitate whatever this plan entails

"You're the town miller governer."

HI REIN?

Wait your ability ends the phase? So either way we only get one lynch? I'm guessing it's like governor of sorts but anyway let's move on. I'm still preferring the whole Poly > FFM think at the moment.

Eury, I can't respond to everything you're presenting to me during this phase, and will make an effort to do so D2 if I'm alive then. Is the fact that I'd be alright with lynching Poly now that upsetting?

Or is it that you think I'm scum? Scum has no reason to make the claim I already have when it's basically a guaranteed win if scum!me didn't claim and just set myself up for a lynch at *YLO.

Iris, why are you voting for a claimed omnidoctor if you're not CCing

You make it sound like I'm asking you millions of questions, which I'm not.

My question remains simple and clear: Why is Poly a vote priority/option for you now (after the fact/post in which you listed Elie, Darros, and Iris as your top 3, but then consolidated for the Phoenix vote), when you had yet to even mention him all this day phase? Whether you're sheeping other people's notions, cases, etc., the fact that you said nothing about him but yet put him on the chopping block looks horrible to me, and it's why I bothered sorting through your ISO again.

Also, your claim is only as much as you make it out to be. For all we know, it could be rendered null and void in the case of *YLO, and for all we know, you're flat out lying to us about the claim. Who knows? If you're scum, it's an easy ploy to keep us off of you. If you're town, then good for you. But your playing style isn't giving me a townie vibe at all, just saying.

##Unvote

##Vote: Phoenix

Will explain in greater detail in a moment. As for the other wagons, I'd prefer FFM to be lynched over Poly, and would not lynch bearclaw ATM. Also haven't really looked into Iris and I really don't want to reread more stuff at this time. ;_;

I don't see the logic in the vote against Phoenix, and your laziness in not wanting to read through Iris and/or others isn't impressive.

I have a reply post incoming, but there's something that's really been bothering me.

Why is Phoenix's claim so townie as to not to lynch him? 1x Omniguard could benefit scum just as much as it could benefit town, and additionally it's just too weak to constitute a role in and of itself. I'll bet anything that Phoenix is a Scum!JoaT and is just claiming the towniest part of his role.

Like seriously. Just because it can be a doc doesn't mean it will.

1. Whether scum or town use the role, it basically will be a doc/protection shot. So your last point is kinda null and void.

2. While I agree that Phoenix's gameplay thus far (and the fact that I harbor my own dislike for his slot currently) is pretty bad, why do you seem so eager to discredit a potential protection role? Yes, JoAT is a plausible explanation, but one could also say that it could be a townie one as well (no sense in outing all of their powers regardless; only give out the amount of information deemed necessary as to avoid needlessly feeding scum more information).

I want discussion for future associative reads as a start. I want to make sure everyone gets things off their chest before I use my role, so there's as few things left unsaid as possible before the phase moves to night. And this is to ensure one more thing, which will become apparent come N1.

In advance, sorry if I'm a douchewhistle or really hyper, I'm hyped up on meds ATM.

That's an interesting idea you have on Poly and Darros, but they're essentially null suspicions. I can see why you'd think that, but it's just a coincidence. Darros I think has been contributing and I'm not really suspicious of him other than the fact that he posts some stuff that isn't related to the game (#243,244, and parts of his content posts).

On Refa, "iffy" means "null but more likely scum but town".Don't really think joke posts are necessary and I still have beef with his Poly suspicions.

I haven't expressed any Poly suspicions and also nice contradiction there.

(also the case you were replying to was a good case, would sheep/10)

Not going to lie, I didn't read Eurykin's wall post. Apologies to you, Eury, but it's kind of a timecrunch ATM; I'll get around to reading it during the night phase (along with reevaluating my Darros read which I never actually did, go me).

@Elieson How am I meta reliant? I don't have any reads based purely on meta, at least not currently.

For starters;

omniguard 1x isn't necessarily a scum claim, but it's really not that strong if scum were to have it (versus being a flat out safeguard). I buy it for now.

Just like Manix's Vanilla Checker wasn't a scum claim. OK, I don't mean to be a snippy jerk, I just feel like scum has strayed away from the obvious claims you'd (not you specifically) expect them to make.

Doc isn't the only thing. It could also prevent hookers blocking, janitors, etc. Also you'll bet anything? Hmmm.

If Phoenix flips Mafia and doesn't have the role himself, chances are there's a Scum!Janitor. Oh, and Eurykins is probably his scumbuddy. ##intuition

The ironic thing about eclipse encouraging discussion is that everyone's clamming up all of a sudden. Guys, talk, we have sub 30 minutes until phase ends.

To make eclipse's associative reads easier, I still don't like Phoenix (it can't possibly take that long to respond to our questions).. and I'm not feeling so hot about Eukyld and Elieson, but eh.