Mystery Mafia 2 - Game Over

Grace

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day broke. Everyone looked around, only to hear the sounds of someone choking. You found Calvin struggling to remotely stay conscious, while also coughing up blood at the same time. Everyone quickly tried to determine if anyone could save him with a quick discussion. No one could. Calvin managed to eke out some words. "It was... brutal. I don't know who it was... but they just smashed their foot into my ribcage during the night... I guess... I can't stop them now... I've failed."

Calvin stopped struggling after those words and passed on.

Dear Paperblade,

You can't die... not here. I won't let it happen.

You are Calvin, the Psionic.

Born in the Celestia of years past, back when it was the City of Libraries, you grew up in the city. You were a reasonable, well-mannered person before the Runic War happened; that was the time when your parents perished in the library fires. After that time, you became more apprehensive toward general day-to-day occurrences, but still maintained your well-mannered demeanor. You also vowed to not let anyone else die under your watch.

Since you were young, you exhibited a slight amount of magical power, but never enough for anyone to take it seriously. You knew of your power, and decided to keep it under wraps, rather than do anything with it. You suspect that you were called here since you still know of the Runic War while so many have forgotten, which could be an issue. In addition to that, Travis might yet be aware of your psychic power and that may also be a threat.

On Night 1, you must reply to your Role PM with Night 1 – Form a psychic barrier around

• must be comprised of the names of at least one player from the alive playerlist, and any name may be repeated on the list.
      • will be randomized from the entire alive playerlist if you do not submit this action.

Each night, you will strengthen the psychic barrier around a player, which will protect them. The first target is the first named player on

• . If that player is not alive or otherwise an invalid target, you will protect the next player on the list. If that player is similarly unable to be targeted, repeat the process until either 1) there is a valid target on
    • or 2) all possible targets cannot be targeted. If 2), then you will idle that night. Future targets are taken from the next available target on
      • from the previous night's target. When you have exhausted every item on
        • , it returns to the beginning of the list.

You are aligned with The Society. You win when all threats are eliminated.

Vowing to take revenge for him, you set out to find the ones who did this.

It is now Day Two. You have 48 hours to decide on a lynch. With 12 alive, it takes 4 to lynch at deadline and 7 to hammer.

Like ok I think elie is town. Kinda hope a vig gets the inactives because I just don't see any of the active game being scum except BBM and prims is still 50/50 and I know I keep mentioning prims but usually he's easier to read as town x: and I feel like he does more of just outright stating his reads as scum and I just can't shake the feeling off I gurss

Yo! The Shin is in! I subbed in a while ago but I haven't really had a chance to read stuff yet. I'm probably going to sleep soon, but I'll do my best to catch up during my day tomorrow.

##Vote: bbm

I have A Theory even though it's probably wrong and mostly based on instinct but I got one

I'm basically getting fucked by allergies atm so not really in the mood to read the thread.

FFM needs to be pushed until he Does Something. his one D1 vote on Marf is poorly explained - how is Marf capitalizing on Refa's reluctance to vote "too much"? What does "too much" mean in this context?

Other than that he never did anything. I don't see a reason to believe he's lazy town over lurkscum since it just looks like there's no effort from him whatsoever.

I'm at starbucks atm I'll explain in detail when I get home (first coffee in a week Finally) but I would like to see him flip soon. It would help explain a lot of things for me. Tl;dr also I think his earlygame content was scummy, I'll pull out examples later

Via, I'm not going to get lynched this game. You shouldn't waste your time casing me. I don't particularly get your point about my flip making things clearer either, because the only person who's not a claimed Mason with whom I've had a lot of interaction is Elie, whom you've already said you think is town. I guess SB was/is suspicious of me? But you've also implied you think he's town by saying that you have a townread on all the actives.

My thoughts about Elie's vanilla claim are basically what Paperblade outlined, which basically means idk anymore. I know he's busy but I really want to see more content about other people from him. He had that one early content post about Prims and Randa and all his posts since then have basically been trying to re-explain that same post and defend himself from people who voted him because of it.

##Vote: Poly

I don't really like his stance towards Mancer. His reasoning for being okay with the Mancer lynch over the Elie lynch seems very arbitrary to me. Why would Mancer give more associative reads than Elie? This is just thrown out there with no real support, because he says that he can't see who Elie's buddy would be, but then doesn't really offer reasons for who Mancer's buddy could be either. If anything an Elie scum flip would have given more info than a Mancer scum flip because he had people both defending and suspecting him, whereas pretty much everyone was like "I could see Mancer as scum". But more importantly than this, he was scumreading Elie and leaning town on Mancer, so surely a scum Elie flip would have been more informative than a town Mancer flip?

ugh I missed that inb4 reading skills joke

to push Mancer without being on the wagon after he flips town I guess but it (and my previous argument I suppose) is more likely to be the case if Elie and Poly are buddies, which is entirely possible but sigh

Prims why did you randomly say Paperblade could be scum during the night? IIRC SB asked as well but you didn't answer.