New Arkham Mafia - SK wins - Gratz to everyone who had fun!

Balcerzak

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fucking finally

Crysta: Feeling a bit off about her slot. She's been producing content, but a lot of it is rehashes of what other people have already said.. Another thing I don't really like is her reliance on meta reads. While they can be useful, it should be in conjunction with a case based on their current play (her comments mainly with regards to Kirsche and Blitz are what I'm talking about here.) Leaning scum here.

I can’t rely heavily on meta-reads because I simply don’t have them. I’ve mentioned the few on the players I have played with because they are consistent with what I’ve seen so far; but I still have only played sparingly with them anyway. I actually agree with this (using meta as a crutch is bad), but I don’t think I’m heavily relying on it. Hell I'm not even the worst offender even with what little I know.

Is the “rehashing” me agreeing/disagreeing with what other people have said? Or the lazy ‘what eclipse said’ and ‘I second Weapons’s question’?

Either case doesn’t strike me as particularly damning; it’s happened throughout the thread; including in your own post.

What? I'm pretty sure Terra came to a conclusion on it, considering he voted Blitz and all?

Touche’, though I did consider it more of a “voting for you so you answer” vote more than a “voting for you because you’re defscum”. Slightly concerned because he didn’t really follow up on it when Blitz did answer, though.

No where in this have you mentioned whether I'm scummy for what I'm doing or not. Ok.

Yes, I said I found it strange. I don’t recall you commenting on that, but I wasn’t voting for you then either.

So apparently I'm scum for saying that Terra was fearmongering.

You were pinging my scumdar because that was a stretch for me, and I do think scum would be more liable to do that than a townie. That was more of an exaggeration to me (I’m aware you said you thought Terra was exaggerating and that was bad - he’s simply reading too much into it to me).

But you ignored this.

Your defense was “it was a joke”. Not something I feel I should continue to attack, tbh, considering I made my own RVS joke.

But why? Why are you scumreading me again? Is my Terra comment firm evidence of me being scum? Or are you just too lazy to scumhunt?

Your insistence on other people exaggerating when you’re exaggerating is mostly my problem with you. Probably should have mentioned something about it before, but it’d be rehashing: which I’m already getting heat for, but whatever.

Looks like you're trying to pass off as a constructive townie

If anything, it sounds like scum wary of doing things to gain attention

Sounds like scum not bothering to read the thread, and being condescending too.

Normally I wouldn’t have a problem with this, but the first was on Wen’s RVS wagon (there were other OMGUS wagons, too, including me vs. Weapons - and you continued it into next few posts), and the last one was on kirsche… it sounds like scumhunting but they’re rather small things to pick at and sink your teeth into. The RVS was already done with and I’m a little less forgiving.

Actually the last post over there shows Rapier on her lynch priority, but before that she had never EXPLICITLY STATED THAT SHE THOUGHT RAPIER WAS SCUM. Her posts actually just contain a bunch of null reads and analysis of how many players can be argued as either alignment, which doesn't help us.

Rapier’s still a null, but higher because his earlier posts still bother me more versus the other nullreads I have. It wasn't a 180 like Gaius said.

My primary scumread is still you, and that hasn’t really changed, so there’s that. Gaius is bothering me more now because I find his reasoning pretty weak, but now's not really the time to pursue that.

I wanna reply to snike and Blitz but my window of time is closing so I wanna just post this first.

As for my claim, my main role isn't alignment-indicative (hint: it allows me to talk to people during night phases but not every night) and my secondary is weak investigative (limited use). Take that as you will.

Today has not been my day.

Marth we don't have a few hours rofl.

I am paranoid about both these lynches we should lynch... eclipse! If not that then Snike for never making the content post he promised earlier.

Also Crysta, you neglected to mention another part of my previous post where I add to my previous blurb on you that a lot of your content has resulted in inconclusive reads, without you stating a clear position like what Marth analyzed in your ISO. Perhaps a 180 was the wrong choice of words, but Rapier jumped from null like lots of people to second highest on your scumdar wth very little reason.

Also also, full claim considering you're the leading wagon afaik with sub 1 hour till deadline.

Also Crysta what do you think of Marth's Mancer case?

If I recall correctly it mostly revolved around Mancer deliberately misrepping Rapier, rather than Mancer misreading Rapier's defensiveness and whatnot (which I thought was more likely, because I wasn't entirely OK with it at first either).

Didn't know I was channeling the ego, but I am sort of prioritizing right now lol.

Eh, I have little to lose right now. I'm neighborizer + lie detector.

Also Crysta, you neglected to mention another part of my previous post where I add to my previous blurb on you that a lot of your content has resulted in inconclusive reads, without you stating a clear position like what Marth analyzed in your ISO. Perhaps a 180 was the wrong choice of words, but Rapier jumped from null like lots of people to second highest on your scumdar wth very little reason.

Also also, full claim considering you're the leading wagon afaik with sub 1 hour till deadline.

"little reason" was "slightly more suspicious". And he was tied with people who haven't been contributing unless I remember incorrectly (since I find that suspicious too).

The ego joke was at Marth not you lol sorry you cut me =S

If you could list the three people you think are most likely to flip town and the three people most likely to be scum and why that'd be cool. You can just limit it to scum if you're struggling for time.

I think we have 2 hours left. I'm here reading because regrettably I got distracted.

Kirsche I think one of your issues with my post was the 'good guy' thing and how that was unclear? Think of my use of friendly and unfriendly, and equate good guy and bad guy similarly! :)

The train-tunnel analogy was more from how it just looks to me that you were angry about eclipse which led into you building a court case on her which I don't think is strong enough to jail.

Also Gaius you didn't shorthand me, you just moved in! It was more of a welcome post than anything :)

crysta just claimed but crysta can you elaborate on neighbourizer?

Oh yeah and what is lie detector?

Pedit: @Snike: the unclear bit is not the use of good guy, bad guy, it's the stuff that follows it. You'd almost almost follow the "I think you're a good guy" with a "but..." and it taints the read. Who are your top three people you think are scum and top three townies?

I have absolutely no idea what that has to do with trains. I did not build a case on her solely because i was frustrated with her, for the thousandth time I did, in fact, dislike her posts from the very get go. Indeed, if you look at the first line I posted in the thread I was complaining about one of her posts and how I felt much of it wasn't necessary - almost like it was fluff. Wait a minute.

town = kirsche (not saying this just because you're asking me lol), blitz, and probably sb.

yes i'm somewhat relying on meta come at me bro

scum = marth, gaius, and probably one of the inactives i just haven't been able to read yet over rapier tbh (rapier has stuff I can read at the very least)

i can neighborize every other night after the night i first use it. so if i used it this night, can't use it the next.

@Kirsche, lie detector lets you take a quote another player says and ask the host if they're lying or telling the truth. It usually has limitations to it in some way.

That's more of I disagree along those lines.

Top 3 Friends atm would be Blitz eclipse you

Top 3 Bad gais would be Mancer Rapier Crysta

If we factor roles in I think Crysta's a better jail than Marth

I'm having problems reading SB

Speaking of which @SB: I thought there might be a conflicting claim between marth and Wen but I think I'm wrong now.

Crysta do you just speak with them 1 on 1 for the next phase or is it permanent?

(flavor's going out the window until D2)

I'm going to rush through replies, because I don't have as much time as usual.

Lord Gaius. Blitz is a side-comment, at best, Weapons can tell you what his role is (as THIS kind of theorycrafting is only going into my role PM), and you said that Wen was null, Snike was null, and Darros was in the same boat as Snike, meaning that he's also null. I usually evaluate off of how data is used, not off the questions themselves, because the question asker's intent becomes a lot more clear then (WRT Terrador). Your tone is weirdly passive, in your response to me, but I'm not sure what to make of this.

I take back what I said. I'm ok with turboing someone. Someone like Poly/Wen/anyone who hasn't really done anything in this game.

This is really dangerous.

noooooooooo let me cruise. @kirsche, I kind of agree with you, but am wary since you're being super tunnelly. Like, everything she's posts is scummy tunnelly. I wouldn't put eclipse as a lynch priority right now, and am curious what role she thinks I have.

Srsly my iso isn't that hard to read.

Something regarding bastard element 2, and keeping it in check (as that's the purpose of my role). If you want, I can elaborate on this.

Really sorry about this, but between new job and poor sleep and breakup I so many kinds of don't have the energy for this. Requesting sub out.

Until then--Marth is better than null lynch today, would consolidate. Blitz's wallpost is a scumpost. I suspect that both numbers and anticult are soft 1v1s.

I am not reading Blitz as scum, and I think Weapons and I can exist together as town.

Long-awaited Mancer post. What bothers me about Mancer's vote is him mentioning defensiveness, again. In both cases, the player in question were in the spotlight, so some defensiveness isn't out of the question. I also see the word "fabricated" again - while I usually don't give two hoots about wording, the fact that Mancer is IRL busy and the fact that the cases against both Rapier and Marth have a similar tone reads scummy to me.

Oh right

@Weapons: I can't ever be culted/recruited(if what eclipse says is true and that mafia have a chance to do this too) no matter what happens, but I'm not the 'Unrecruitable' role, this is due to a part of my role. Also when certain conditions I potentially become a role that is almost NEVER(because SF mods like to do dumb things) a mafia role and is totally. town. I say potentially because you never know if the bastard in this game is just a play of words, but other parts of my role are exactly what they are, so I think my assumption is spot on this time.

It sounds like you're implying that your alignment can't be changed. Other events besides recruitment (cult or otherwise) exist, as well.

I guess

I guess

I guess

I guess

Ughhhhhhhh now I'm thinking I chose Marth solely because I am paranoid about this Crysta wagon and not because my logic is good.

I just quoted this.

Because I really like this post.

---

I'm REALLY not sure what to make of Marth's full claim - the inability to change alignments tells me he's either not town-aligned, or lynching him right now would cause one of the catastrophes mentioned in my role PM. I can see the logic behind Crysta's vote, but that's not the type of logic I'd use to drive a lynch - on its own, it's far too weak.

While I'm trying to make up my mind on Crysta, I'll answer kirsche's question because it's interesting:

Town: Blitz, Snike, SB

Scum: Mancer, Gaius, Marth/Wen

Note that the scum side is relatively weak, and based off of very recent events - Mancer for his rehashed case, Gaius for the weird tone in his last post to me, and Marth/Wen because I don't think there's two town roles that can't have their alignment changed.

And as for alignment changes. . .I reread my role PM and saw that the town had a mason sub-faction. DO NOT RECRUIT ME.

I'm going to throw my thoughts out, and actually solidify them in the hour and a half we have left.