So why did you choose your username and profile picture?

ARMADS!!!

Or you know, where did the idea come from? Where did you take the profile picture from? Do your username and profile picture mean anything or something?

Making the thread because I see a bunch of usernames that make me wonder where they were taken from, or why, and also, because I wanna do something to pass the time until the CYL results and the feh channel come (that might be the main reason, oops, but I'm still pretty curious about some profile pictures and usernames, so if I didn't do this thread now it would be any other day)

I believe this thread exist already somewhere in the Forest. But anyway.

Ycine comes from a dream.
People were calling me that in said dream so I took it.

My profile picture comes from the Kamui Customizer ( https://serenesforest.net/app/kamui/ ).
Being a FE Fan, I couldn't stop myself from using it.

43 minutes ago, Ycine said:

I believe this thread exist already somewhere in the Forest. But anyway.

Ycine comes from a dream.
People were calling me that in said dream so I took it.

My profile picture comes from the Kamui Customizer ( https://serenesforest.net/app/kamui/ ).
Being a FE Fan, I couldn't stop myself from using it.

The one I know is a thread from 2022 (it's Where'd You Get Your Profile Picture by AnonymousSpeed) that serves for the purpouse of being sort of an archive so people that like your profile picture can go there and see where'd you get it. Here I'm not asking for the source or anything (just wanna know the story behind it, this thread is more for conversation purpouses). Unless you mean another thread, if yes then... well, I guess I'll abandon the thread then (unless the other one is too old). 

EDIT: HAHAHA! This Kamui Customizer is pretty neat! I never saw it before, I have been doing some Corrins/Kamuis on the past few minutes and am having a blast with this thing!

Edited by ARMADS!!!

Less complicated than it looks. First it was SNES Tiki. Then I decided to add Naga. Then I shaved Deghensea and gave him a pompadour because...idk something to do with a Radiant Dawn prequel idea. I could have replaced any of these with the next one, but I guess I have a problem letting go.

Name is a very minor Zelda character that I like because the translation fucked up and gave him two different spellings in the two times he's mentioned.

Name is some parts of my surname and "der Fertige" is a reference to an Austrian Emprah.

First Image was the EO5 Dragoon, because their art goes hard, then I think... the Carbot animated happy zergling because it´s cute as hell and now this ´ere duck (I think an artwork by someone called Dave Kellet Comic).

Yexin is an NPC for a FE fangame I thought I'd make like 10 years ago, and to this day it's still just an idea because I know absolutely nothing about modding or whatever's necessary to make such a thing
I know almost nothing of chinese, but the name is supposed to mean "Feral Heart", though I must say I used google translate to come up with this name so it's most likely wrong

The propic is a just as old drawing of her, first I drew it on paper then traced and added colors thanks to a free drawing app

A few years ago I tried to master a Pathfinder campaign where I reused a lot of the ideas for that FE fangame, including this character
We never got past 5 sessions because of various problems

I wanted to be active on the Video Game Fanon Wiki website, but I needed to create a username first. Hrothgar is the name of a character from the Beowulf epic, which I don't believe I've actually read (maybe a super-short version for children once). It sounded cool and allowed me to put something down on the spot, so I went with that.

Edited by Hrothgar777

Yeah, I think mine is obvious too, at the time I made my account (which I did at first just to ask a question here) I simply though about it on the fly because Hector was my absoute favorite character in Fire Emblem (now I don't have only one favorite anymore but anyway), It's spelled all in caps and with the excamation points because one of Valentines Hector's/Legendary Hector's crit quotes in FEH is said like this (I don't remember which of the two, I used both a lot back in the day), and because I like exclamation points.

My pfp was actually supposed to be Hector's crit animation in FE7 (the HECTORCOPTER) but I screwed up and dowloaded his normal attacking animation instead and only realized after setting as the profile picture so I let it like this.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

Less complicated than it looks. First it was SNES Tiki. Then I decided to add Naga. Then I shaved Deghensea and gave him a pompadour because...idk something to do with a Radiant Dawn prequel idea. I could have replaced any of these with the next one, but I guess I have a problem letting go.

Name is a very minor Zelda character that I like because the translation fucked up and gave him two different spellings in the two times he's mentioned.

How was it spelled the other time his name is mentioned? I looked him up to know but the only things I found about him in existence were two very small wiki pages (I was expecting one to mention the translation error on the Trivia part, but nope), a few photos and a mention to his name on the Minish people page (also looks like his name was translated to Josh in spain lol, just a thing I found funny).

2 hours ago, Yexin said:

Yexin is an NPC for a FE fangame I thought I'd make like 10 years ago, and to this day it's still just an idea because I know absolutely nothing about modding or whatever's necessary to make such a thing
I know almost nothing of chinese, but the name is supposed to mean "Feral Heart", though I must say I used google translate to come up with this name so it's most likely wrong

The propic is a just as old drawing of her, first I drew it on paper then traced and added colors thanks to a free drawing app

A few years ago I tried to master a Pathfinder campaign where I reused a lot of the ideas for that FE fangame, including this character
We never got past 5 sessions because of various problems

You can always put the idea for the fangame on the Concepts board, or just rewrite the story as it's own thing if you still like it.

Well, me captain is the legendary Shanty Pete, scourge over the seven seas, singer of melodies old, and swinger of axes bold. And I be his first mate! It's not the most thrilling life, that of a pirate - I've not yet sniffed a stink bug, I don't look good in leggings, and I've still never been to Boston in the fall! But at least our ship has its own wifi, for me to post on.

As for the picture, there be many pirates out there, each with their own unique face. I thought, why not share it with the world? Right now, it's Sea Hawk, from the "She-Ra" animated reboot. But in the past, it's been Luz from "The Owl House". And before that, it was Handsome Pete, from "The Simpsons". He dances for nickels.

EDIT: At another point, I was Patrick Star from "Spongebob Squarepants". Particularly, in his one-time role as "Blindbeard the Pirate".

Edited by Shanty Pete's 1st Mate
Added details.

My username is just an arbitrary random dictionary word, picked for no particular reason. Just "I like the word", I guess? For anyone unfamiliar, "lenticular" means "in the shape of a lentil or a biconvex lens". It's a fun word, and I always enjoy getting to pull it out of my vocabulary back pocket, but there's no deeper meaning than that. Just a hastily-chosen name for a site I wasn't sure I'd stick around on. 

My profile picture is of a lenticular cloud, which is a type of cloud (obviously). It isn't actually particularly lenticular-looking, but it was what I found when I did a search for public-domain stock photos of lenticular clouds.

Well my user name comes from a fanfic i had in my head about Sacred Stones world after the game and my name is Erika and Seth's daughter in my story.

As for my profile pic it is art from the manga Saiyuki and is my favorite character Genjo Sanzo.  I just really love the character so he is the best choice for me.

Edited by EricaofRenais

7 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Yeah, I think mine is obvious too, at the time I made my account (which I did at first just to ask a question here) I simply though about it on the fly because Hector was my absoute favorite character in Fire Emblem (now I don't have only one favorite anymore but anyway), It's spelled all in caps and with the excamation points because one of Valentines Hector's/Legendary Hector's crit quotes in FEH is said like this (I don't remember which of the two, I used both a lot back in the day), and because I like exclamation points.

My pfp was actually supposed to be Hector's crit animation in FE7 (the HECTORCOPTER) but I screwed up and dowloaded his normal attacking animation instead and only realized after setting as the profile picture so I let it like this.

How was it spelled the other time his name is mentioned? I looked him up to know but the only things I found about him in existence were two very small wiki pages (I was expecting one to mention the translation error on the Trivia part, but nope), a few photos and a mention to his name on the Minish people page (also looks like his name was translated to Josh in spain lol, just a thing I found funny).

You can always put the idea for the fangame on the Concepts board, or just rewrite the story as it's own thing if you still like it.

Jotari and Jotori. We actually thought he was two characters on the wiki for a while. I used to be a fairly major contributor to Zeldapedia.

I like the idea that Sombron is actually related to Sommie somehow, thus Original Alear since Sombron is Alear's dad. And I really liked watching Sommie run around and eat and spray dragon dandruff with an Alear wig.

My username came from literally nothing, just me not being imaginative enough for something else. It's become my staple name here, though, so it worked out pretty well. As for my current profile picture, it's just quite simply my favorite character from my favorite franchise.

Alrighty, I know I did this song and dance before, but what the heck. I did update my pfp a while back so may as well.

For my name, I definitively picked Shining Blade because I wanted a cool, good-themed epithet like what several FE Regalia (and FEH units) have. I just needed something to preface it. "_____ the Shining Blade". I went with Baron, referring to Jugdral Barons with their access to almost the entire spectrum of weapons and magic, and also because armors are one of my favorite classes along with Myrms. Curiously though, I've only used the "Baron" part here (and I've been too lazy to change it); elsewhere I've dropped it (and the "the") so now I preferably go by ShiningBlade.

As most of the Forest-goers know, Zelgius is my favorite character in FE (and gaming in general). I'd even go so far as to call myself the #1 Zelgius fan, I love him that much. I always base my online characters off him when I can. He's always been my pfp in some form, the current one is from Pinterest. I Like that he's actually smiling.

Since I'm here I will also go over my Discord pfp. Edward is my favorite Myrm in the series, and to this day I still use this Deviantart pic of Trueblade Edward (which I spent hours cropping out Marksman Leonardo). It was perfect 'cause I always use Edward in endgame and I always give him Alondite (he was also in my sig for a good while).

fe10_edward_and_leonardo_by_rdanys_d4rp2

Edited by Baron the Shining Blade

Eltosian is an old defunct fan translation of FE4's Eldigan's name, and Kadath is a reference to the works of HP Lovecraft, in particular The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath, where Kadath is the unknown city that the gods of earth reside/hide in.

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Eltosian is an old defunct fan translation of FE4's Eldigan's name, and Kadath is a reference to the works of HP Lovecraft, in particular The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath, where Kadath is the unknown city that the gods of earth reside/hide in.

Interesting. 2 totally unrelated words, but they sound good when used together

14 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

Well my user name comes from a fanfic i had in my head about Sacred Stones world after the game and my name is Erika and Seth's daughter in my story.

As for my profile pic it is art from the manga Saiyuki and is my favorite character Genjo Sanzo.  I just really love the character so he is the best choice for me.

For some reason I just thought your actual name was Erica and you liked FE8 so you took the opportunity and chose EricaofRenais because Erica is similar to Eirika.

10 hours ago, Jotari said:

Jotari and Jotori. We actually thought he was two characters on the wiki for a while. I used to be a fairly major contributor to Zeldapedia.

Oh yeah, you mentioned these days that you were the one who made the page for Ward's sister on the FE wiki too (and I think Natalie's too, now I don't remember exactly), but it was on the CYL thread so the discussion had moved forward a lot by the time I answered there again and I forgot to answer that specific post there. It's pretty cool that you do these wiki pages for such obcure characters.

8 hours ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Mine’s easy. Its my favorite character from Blazing Blade and the one from just about any game that’s the most like I am in person 

D̶o̶n̶'t̶ t̶e̶l̶l̶ m̶e̶ y̶o̶u̶r̶'e̶ a̶ s̶t̶r̶o̶n̶g̶ a̶s̶s̶ a̶l̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ i̶n̶v̶i̶n̶v̶i̶b̶l̶e̶ p̶i̶r̶a̶t̶e̶ w̶i̶t̶h̶ i̶n̶s̶a̶n̶e̶ s̶t̶a̶t̶s̶ a̶n̶d̶ y̶o̶u̶r̶ d̶e̶a̶t̶h̶ r̶e̶s̶u̶l̶t̶s̶ o̶n̶ a̶ g̶a̶m̶e̶ o̶v̶e̶r̶!̶

Edited by ARMADS!!!

2 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

D̶o̶n̶'t̶ t̶e̶l̶l̶ m̶e̶ y̶o̶u̶r̶'e̶ a̶ s̶t̶r̶o̶n̶g̶ a̶s̶s̶ a̶l̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ i̶n̶v̶i̶n̶v̶i̶b̶l̶e̶ p̶i̶r̶a̶t̶e̶ w̶i̶t̶h̶ i̶n̶s̶a̶n̶e̶ s̶t̶a̶t̶s̶ a̶n̶d̶ y̶o̶u̶r̶ d̶e̶a̶t̶h̶ r̶e̶s̶u̶l̶t̶s̶ o̶n̶ a̶ g̶a̶m̶e̶ o̶v̶e̶r̶!̶

No not quite 🤣

But as the story unfolds you get to know him a little better and we got similar personalities IMHO

Indigo is my favorite color, and oasis is a synonym of my favorite word (paradise), and combining the two makes my username. My current profile pic is of Anri from one of Nyna's Cipher cards.

7 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

For some reason I just thought your actual name was Erica and you liked FE8 so you took the opportunity and chose EricaofRenais because Erica is similar to Eirika.

No FE character has my name the closest is Lorenz but that isn't that close.  FE8 was my first FE so I have a lot of fan fics in my head with my favorite pairings and the kids I picture them having.

My profile pic was drawn by an online friend when we were teenagers. He took a guess at what I looked like and I love his depiction. My name is a Futurama reference! There's a bit more history to how I arrived at the name, but the gist is I used to compete in Smash Bros Project M with a Wii Zapper as my controller, and wanted people to call me Zapp to lean in to that branding

Edited by Zapp Branniglenn

Lightchao42 is a username I've used since 2008. In Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2, Light Chao are a special type of immortal Chao that have a complicated evolution process. I like them in particular because they resemble Chaos, who is one of my favorite Sonic characters.

According to the Hitchhikers's Guide to the Galaxy, 42 is the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything. Nobody knows what the question is, though.

My current profile picture is Rei Ayanami from Neon Genesis Evangelion, though the screenshot itself is from Evangelion 2.0; I like this image of her in particular because I think it reflects my usual demeanor.