How do you think future Emblems will work?

It was fun reading everyone's predictions for Emblem abilities for Engage so why not do so here since we're essentially doing that on easy mode (we know what the Emblems do in Engage after all). And how do you think they'll be released? I assume Eirika and Leif will be last as in Engage and we'll probably get the 3H Bracelets before the second half of the Rings, but we'll see.

• To start, given the heavy sword bias in the vanilla Emblems I wonder if IS will take any chance they can to give us non-sword Emblems: for example Sigurd with a personal Brave Lance/ Ridersbane? His Emblem Special is probably the easiest to predict: a mix of his Holy Aura abilities in FEH to give his partner +1 Mov and/ or Canto.
  • Celica will probably get a Njorun's Zeal type limited Galeforce effect.
  • Micaiah might get a map-wide Ardent Sacrifice (limiting her partner's loss to 10 HP to not screw you over).
  • Roy will obviously give everyone access to Divine Vein Flame, maybe even with as big a range as in Engage itself.

One I'm curious about is Leif. The best I can think of is some kind of WTA neutralizer and/ or "target the lower of foe's Def/ Res" for his partner's Specials.

And so on. What do you think? The Emblems being locked to monthly banners sucks, but the idea is a really cool one! I just wish we could clone skills with them like Rearmed/ Attuned Heroes...

Oh, I'm about to sleep so I won't manage to be able to read every post on the Feh channel and Lumeria+Marth threads today AND making a post expressing all of my thoughts on them, but this thread here will be quicker to engage into (and I already had some predictions on Emblems to do).

- First, I'm almost sure they won't do just the emblems that show in Engage, they'll probably pick any character that could be one and use them. We have 15 Emblems in Engage (according to my 🤓☝️ quick google search™), so theorically they could use just them (since they will be taking turns with Legendaries and Mythics) but I'm sure they won't lose the opportunity to make more.

- That point could be a delusion of mine, but I think they really should mix the Mirages from TMS here, would be a great way of making TMS units without using up the scarce rest of cast they have (seasonals could always work for this purpouse too but that's an entirely different subject so I'll leave it out).

I'm not familiar with what the Emblems in Engage do, in the slightest, so I'm keeping my guesses mostly unrelated to gameplay features for now, BUT I suspect they'll give us some Emblems that are more focused in helping defensive specials, some more focused on Galeforce, others on offensive specials, hell maybe even on staff specials (the supporting ones, not offensive).

I'm not sure the game will still be around long enough to need more than the number of "canon" Emblems really. Well, maybe if they're released every single month.

2 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

We have 15 Emblems in Engage (according to my 🤓☝️ quick google search™)

Not sure where you got 15 from, as that isn't correct whether you just count the Emblem Rings or the Rings and the Bracelets. These are all of the Emblems:

Rings (Main Game Emblems; 13): Marth, Sigurd, Celica, Micaiah, Roy, Leif, Lyn, Lucina, Ike, M!Byleth, F!Corrin, Eirika, [REDACTED] as the 13th Emblem 
Bracelets (DLC Emblems; 7): Edelgard / Dimitri / Claude, Y!Tiki, Hector, Veronica, Soren, Camilla, Chrom & M!Robin

8 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Not sure where you got 15 from, as that isn't correct whether you just count the Emblem Rings or the Rings and the Bracelets. These are all of the Emblems:

Rings (Main Game Emblems; 13): Marth, Sigurd, Celica, Micaiah, Roy, Leif, Lyn, Lucina, Ike, M!Byleth, F!Corrin, Eirika, [REDACTED] as the 13th Emblem 
Bracelets (DLC Emblems; 7): Edelgard / Dimitri / Claude, Y!Tiki, Hector, Veronica, Soren, Camilla, Chrom & M!Robin

Oh, ok, I googled "Fire Emblem Engage how many Emblems" and the first result says Thaty there's 13 Emblems (or 15, with the Expansion pass), so admitedly a lazy search on my part... Ok, point is they're 20 then, huh? I guess they could use just the ones in Engage if they wanted (I mean, sure we have less than 20 Mythic canditates too, if we don't count stuff like the 12 crusaders or 8 Legends), still Id find it a waste if they never used anyone else (like mirages, IT WOULD BE THE PERFECT OPPORTUNITY!).

Also, did you write "[REDACTED] as the 13th emblem" because it's a spoiler? (just to be sure)

Another thing to wonder is how they'll alternate the Emblems with the Legendaries and Mythics, I think they'll probably almost stop with the Mythics (making them 90% OCs only, since we only have a handful of other options) and the rotation will be mostly Legendary->Emblem->Lendary->Emblem, only being Mythic when they mentioned so (like it has been since some time ago), OR instead of the sorta usual pattern of Legendary->Legendary->Mythic->Legendary->Legendary-Mythic it'll be Legendary->Emblem->Mythic->Legendary->Emblem->Mythic(or in a different order, but still, an even rotation between the 3). I don't think the Emblems mean anything in regards to whether there'll be a new type of unit in the second half of the year, I think there'll be one regardless (since the Emblems affect the roation of legendaries and mythics while the Asset Heroes affect the New Hero banners), at most-if they think there are way too much types of Asset hero already- they'll do some new type that fits in seasonal banners or something but I doubt they'll just not do it at all.

Personally, I think we'll get Emblems of characters not in Engage. FEH is the perfect game in which to expand upon the ring/bracelet/whatever else roster, after all, being the central hub for all FE worlds. It would allow IS to get creative and expand on ring effects, too! There may even be more "minor" emblems. Like, imagine an Engage Pendant or something of Izuna from FE9/10, allowing special buffs to beast allies he's engaged with. Since it only works effectively on a single weapon type, it may have more accessibility. I love the idea of new Emblems and mixing and matching effects like this! Ah, I could see us getting special Emblems too, like deities who give extra bonuses if they're engaged with a character from their home game/country, too. Like, Mila would give extra bonuses to Celica, but not to Berkut since he's from Rigel.

14 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Personally, I think we'll get Emblems of characters not in Engage. FEH is the perfect game in which to expand upon the ring/bracelet/whatever else roster, after all, being the central hub for all FE worlds. It would allow IS to get creative and expand on ring effects, too! There may even be more "minor" emblems. Like, imagine an Engage Pendant or something of Izuna from FE9/10, allowing special buffs to beast allies he's engaged with. Since it only works effectively on a single weapon type, it may have more accessibility. I love the idea of new Emblems and mixing and matching effects like this! Ah, I could see us getting special Emblems too, like deities who give extra bonuses if they're engaged with a character from their home game/country, too. Like, Mila would give extra bonuses to Celica, but not to Berkut since he's from Rigel.

Hey, that'd be super neat. I think they'd never put in the work to make such a complex thing like the Mila-Celica-Berkut one, but something like an Emblem that boosts beast looks like a possibility (say, how E!Marth's special boost says "if unit can attack twice, reduces damage by 8" or whatever it was-and I don't wanna check right now - Izuna could give a normal effect that applies for a bunch of specials and then "and if unit is a beast grants ...").

5 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Also, did you write "[REDACTED] as the 13th emblem" because it's a spoiler? (just to be sure)

Yes, though I suppose FEH itself already gave that spoiler away.

I think most will be straight forward but the big question for me will be how the handle the corrupted versions of the emblems.  Not sure how spoiler we are getting with this but just going to spoiler tag because I am talking about some final chapter stuff.

Spoiler

I could see fallen emblem alear based of the final chapter game over on the fallen banner being a reason they are doing this now. 

Other than Alear Marth, Lucina and Lyn probably make the most sense as fallen emblems. Lucina because she is the first corrupted emblem you face. Lyn because she is with King Hycenth who is the boss right before the big moment where you get robbed of your rings and Marth because well he is Marth.

Also there is the unseen emblem versions of the big villains that are used in the final map

Edited by vikingsfan92

@vikingsfan92

Spoiler

I didn't even consider the "evil Emblems" from the finale! Those could be fun!

I think we'll get corrupted Emblems eventually. Not only do they have unique skills (even if they're just stronger/ weaker versions of vanilla ones), in FEH that could translate to the ability to have two of each Engage effect. Right now you can only Engage with Marth once regardless of how many copies you have, but if you had the original AND the corrupted version...

Besides, we've already had Y!Soren as a character who just grunts for all his voice lines so having mute characters wouldn't be new for IS either.

Spoiler

Of course they'd need to come up with skill names for the corrupted Emblems we never actually saw in Engage or had the same skill names.

I don't think they'll go beyond the Engage Emblems. If you count the Three Houses trio and Ephraim as separate, then we already have 23 emblems to choose from. That is loads for what will probably be released once every three months. Even if it's once a month that's almost two years before they need to resort to anything else. But, what's more, is that these are the people they consider the most popular characters in the series. There's a reason these Emblems were chosen and the likes of Dorothy and Will. Lyn, Hector, Ike, Roy, Lucina etc are already some of the most saleable characters out there. So they will be focusing on them first and foremost. I think only if we get a release of another game with a very popular cast who missed out on the Emblem party will they consider it.

What I would love to see is the 12 dark Emblems from the endgame. Unfortunately Engage phoned in the assignment at the end and didn't even bother making a jpeg or hiring the voice actors (or even using stock Heroes dialogue) for them, so very little chance we'll get Emblem Loptyr or Emblem Ashera 😞