FE (Your Favorite) Ruined the Series

Just now, Original Alear said:

FE7 actually has this too, at least at some point during the epilogue...I'm pretty sure anyway, though it's been like a decade since I played FE7.

I don't think so...if I know what you're talking about, wasn't the idea that dragons only became mamkutes that needed stones to transform during/after the ending winter? But I don't think they actually said "the winter was really cold so some dragons died" or anything like that.

Not as much an expert on FE6 as some of you, so I could be wrong.

I never considered it so literally before, but, the cold seems an entirely reasonable deduction. We know

A)The legendary weapons changed the climate in some way that made it impossible for dragons to live as dragons

B)This was called the Ending Winter.

C) Winter is the cold time of the year. 

In personally always interpreted the climate change as magical in nature, but given the name it just plain getting cold seems to be the intent.

30 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I never considered it so literally before, but, the cold seems an entirely reasonable deduction. We know

A)The legendary weapons changed the climate in some way that made it impossible for dragons to live as dragons

B)This was called the Ending Winter.

C) Winter is the cold time of the year. 

In personally always interpreted the climate change as magical in nature, but given the name it just plain getting cold seems to be the intent.

But in Japan (and many places) winter is poetically associated with death. (though I'm not an expert on Japanese poetry and it could be more complicated than that)

Also, the ending winter's effects seem to be continuing to this day, because Jahn, Aine, Idoun, and Fa all use dragon stones, yet it doesn't seem like Elibe is particularly cold besides the pegasus country (Ilia?). It would be weird if the ending winter in elibe was still going on primarily as a function of temperature, yet mostly more mild in nature than winter in our world. Ninian doesn't explicitly use a stone, but she and Nils, both ice dragons are also mostly in human form during the events of the game, rather than mostly draconic.

Edited by Original Alear

Kirby ruined FE by being the best FE Lord

Ward ruined FE because he has a beard

Camilla ruined FE because she has Boobs

Valkyria Chronicles 4 ruined FE for being the best SRPG there is

Rean ruined FE because he ruined Trails leading me to get more into FE, which in turn ruined FE even more

Kaga ruined FE by creating it, naturally

Neptunia ruined FE by being funnier than all FEs, combined

Person ruined FE by ruining the gaming medium and poisoning it

And Engage ruined FE by being a peak that will never be topped!

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

3 hours ago, Original Alear said:

But in Japan (and many places) winter is poetically associated with death. (though I'm not an expert on Japanese poetry and it could be more complicated than that)

Also, the ending winter's effects seem to be continuing to this day, because Jahn, Aine, Idoun, and Fa all use dragon stones, yet it doesn't seem like Elibe is particularly cold besides the pegasus country (Ilia?). It would be weird if the ending winter in elibe was still going on primarily as a function of temperature, yet mostly more mild in nature than winter in our world. Ninian doesn't explicitly use a stone, but she and Nils, both ice dragons are also mostly in human form during the events of the game, rather than mostly draconic.

Yeah, I was thinking about Nils and Ninian being forced to take human form despite the relatively mild weather after I wrote the post. Though that could be, as Anon said, a retcon by Blazing Blade. As for the Binidng Blade manaketes, the process seems irreversible. Once you're a manakete you're always a manakete. We never see anyone going back to being a true dragon in any of the settings.

Edited by Jotari

18 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Artistic rendering of Germany literally getting sawed in half (using bullets) by America and the Soviets in 1945 (thanks for getting colonized West Germany)

Very american of you to ignore England and France in your comment on a world war. Very unamerican of you to remember that the Soviets were involved, too. Anyway, Germany was sawed into four in 1945, thankyouverymuch.

20 hours ago, Jotari said:

Not as bad as Path of Radiance's ending where they don't let you skip the text until Sephiran is finished speaking when there's no voice acting! Yeah, seriously, they just have this text you can't skip on screen the moves really slowly and lingers far too long for no reason.

This is also quite bad, although I think it's a little more excusable because it's an ending cutscene and because there's no voice acting.

20 hours ago, Original Alear said:

I don't think so...if I know what you're talking about, wasn't the idea that dragons only became mamkutes that needed stones to transform during/after the ending winter? But I don't think they actually said "the winter was really cold so some dragons died" or anything like that.

19 hours ago, Original Alear said:

16 hours ago, Jotari said:

Yeah, I was thinking about Nils and Ninian being forced to take human form despite the relatively mild weather after I wrote the post. Though that could be, as Anon said, a retcon by Blazing Blade. As for the Binidng Blade manaketes, the process seems irreversible. Once you're a manakete you're always a manakete. We never see anyone going back to being a true dragon in any of the settings.

My assumption would be that you could un-manakete, but this wouldn't be a viable option in a post-Scouring World. We only see FE6 manaketes in a world where the Ending Winter has already taken place. How that relates to the limited uses of dragonstones, I have no idea.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2024 at 11:26 PM, Armagon said:

This is why TMS is the only good Fire Emblem game. It sweeps the series, nothing can ever match it's peak. Because you see, no other game in the series has this

No, no, noooooooo….!!!!

———————————————————

Engage ruined the series because I spent 90+ hours beating the damn thing only to come to the horrible realization that instead I could’ve beaten the Legacy of Kain series and read several books in the same amount of time. I also learned that cemeteries have better plots than Engage.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

• 4 weeks later...