FE (Your Favorite) Ruined the Series

FE1 ruined the series. We would've been better off if this was never a franchise and IS just stuck to Kirby and WarioWare.

FE2 ruined the series. Explorable maps equals grinding, and as every true FE fan knows: Grinding...le bad.

FE3 ruined the series. FE1 again....already? Uhh, what is this? Pokémon? Get original Kaga. Smh. Way to pave the road for Gamfreak.

FE4 ruined the series. Hey future devs, take notes. You don't need strategy in your strategy rpg. Just one really good scene. This surely won't come back to bite the franchise in the ass.

FE5 ruined the series, but it sure musta made them guide books a lotta money, amirite? heheheheheh-

FE6 ruined the series. This is just FE1 again, or should I say 3 book 3? I told you 3 ruined the series! It's also a cause for 5000 cases of crippling gambling addiction every year. It's true.

FE7 ruined the series. I don't have a joke-like way to explain this. I unironically think this game was the downfall of quality of FE. Player phase? Quality over quantity. Screw that! At least FE4 had some originality and cool concepts to attempt justifying it's crappy gameplay. This game just destroys everything good about FE6 and then goes on about 3 lords friendship. @AnonymousSpeed, talk about how it destroyed the lore.

Also this technically invented avatar. Yeah, you guys hate that, right? There's your lol answer.

FE8 ruined the series. The gameplay must've really rotted some brains to have people actually believe Seth is an interesting or cool character. You should play Ruben's FE8 hack (me shamelessly plugging his FE8: The Princess's Lament hack). That does a great job fixing him. 

FE9 ruined the series. This game got rid of the traditional (Bord/Cord) (Lot/Wade) axe boy duo archetype. Why? I love that archetype! It's just Boyd now! We don't even get a pirate! When I see Awakening only having Vaike or CQ only having Arthur, YOU'LL BE TO BLAME!

"FE10 ruined the series" as told from IS executives seeing the plummet of sales. If this game did better, we would've gotten localized FE12. Remember when you guys used to say Micaiahf-

FE11 ruined the series. Where's my supports? My supports? My quirky banter between 2 png's!? Don't tell me you forgot about my funny words words words!? How am I supposed to enjoy my strategy game without my shipping!?

FE12 ruined the series. I can't enjoy a good game anymore without every 4th argument on any FE site or comments section being about "Avatar...le bad?" Answer: Byleth.

FE13 saved the series.

FE14 ruined the series. We will literally never get a character like Garon ever again, and that gives me severe depression.

FE15 ruined the series. Funny voice acting le good. Anon, do your thing again.

[Insert joke about IS not knowing how to write women to this day]

FE3H ruined the series. Hey future devs, take notes. You don't need strategy in your strategy rpg. Just an incomplete story. This surely won't come back to bite the franchise in the ass.

FE Engage ruined the series. It already came back and bit us in the ass...

This game didn't invent the monastery system, but it reinforced it, and now I fear for the future of this crappy franchise, which has been ruined by FE1, FE2, FE3, FE4, FE5, FE6, FE7, FE8, FE9, FE10, FE11, FE12, FE14, FE15, FE3H, and FEE. And Engage.

6 minutes ago, BubbleOdyssey said:

BSFE ruined the series because everything that came after was infinitely worse in comparison 

Goddammit, you're so correct.

BSFE came out and IS was like "...what's even the point? It's over.".

40 minutes ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

Smash bros melee ruined the series. Gaslighting us into thinking Marth fights with just a sword

Silly melee fans. Marth doesn't fight.

1 hour ago, Shaky Jones said:

FE1 ruined the series. We would've been better off if this was never a franchise and IS just stuck to Kirby and WarioWare.

the game was rigg- gunshot

`Tis the time for the Slightly Cool (Temperature) Sigil

Why do you use numbers up to 15 and then abbreviate for Three Houses and Engage?

I wish people would stop using numbers altogether but at least be consistent smh.

3 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

FE13 saved the series.

But how did it save series when it is just FE1 a few thousand years later?

It even has Tiki!

4 hours ago, Florete said:

Why do you use numbers up to 15 and then abbreviate for Three Houses and Engage?

To upset you in particular

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

But how did it save series when it is just FE1 a few thousand years later?

Not enough damsels in distress.

1 hour ago, indigoasis said:

FE13 ruined the series. It would have been the perfect send off, but they just had to keep going.

Without Awakening, we wouldn't get Fates. Without Fates, we wouldn't have Arthur. Without Arthur, America would've imploded back on 2016.

This is the part where the non Americans say "good". We're glad for you volunteering to be colonized.

31 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

See, Awakening ruined the series by saving it. We'd never have Conquest's story, overpriced DLC, the undying Edelwars, or gacha hell without it.

Shiiiiit, gacha was all you had to say.

What has awakening done?

This is why TMS is the only good Fire Emblem game. It sweeps the series, nothing can ever match it's peak. Because you see, no other game in the series has this

12 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

Without Awakening, we wouldn't get Fates. Without Fates, we wouldn't have Arthur. Without Arthur, America would've imploded back on 2016.

Fates ruined the series. We already had a perfectly acceptable Arthur, but they just had to make another one.

5 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

Fates ruined the series. We already had a perfectly acceptable Arthur, but they just had to make another one.

Genealogy ruined the series. We have a perfectly acceptable Arthur, but Kaga ruined the name by associating it with some nerd 19 years before we got peak character writing.

I'm just sayin', folks. There's an Arthur in Berwick Saga, which is the superior Fire Emblem game, thus making him the correct one. Objectively.

52 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Genealogy ruined the series. We have a perfectly acceptable Arthur, but Kaga ruined the name by associating it with some nerd 19 years before we got peak character writing.

35 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm just sayin', folks. There's an Arthur in Berwick Saga, which is the superior Fire Emblem game, thus making him the correct one. Objectively.

You're lucky, Shaky Jones. Turns it out it was just third time's the charm.

5 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

You're lucky, Shaky Jones. Turns it out it was just third time's the charm.

I'd object but I do like Fates Arthur better than the other Arthurs, so. Yeah, let's go with that. Justice reeeeeigns!

...I will never understand why they named him Arthur. He was Harold in Japanese. Then they changed him to a name that was already taken. Why?

49 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'd object but I do like Fates Arthur better than the other Arthurs, so. Yeah, let's go with that. Justice reeeeeigns!

...I will never understand why they named him Arthur. He was Harold in Japanese. Then they changed him to a name that was already taken. Why?

They renamed him to match the letter "H" buckle on his belt. "H" for "Arthur"!

10 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

They renamed him to match the letter "H" buckle on his belt. "H" for "Arthur"!

Oh my God I never even noticed. Yeah he does have an H on his buckle that makes a lot less sense with the name change.

Why did they do it, it defies comprehension

15 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

Without Arthur, America would've imploded back on 2016.

Good.

15 hours ago, Shaky Jones said:

We're glad for you volunteering to be colonized.

vhjEat1.jpeg

Ok the reason for FE7 ruining the series is that it officially brought the series to the USA. Just kidding I really like FE7 and a lot of other FEs people bitch about here. I'm just not that good at it.

Edited by Original Alear

On 1/31/2024 at 2:28 PM, Shaky Jones said:

FE7 ruined the series. I don't have a joke-like way to explain this. I unironically think this game was the downfall of quality of FE. Player phase? Quality over quantity. Screw that! At least FE4 had some originality and cool concepts to attempt justifying it's crappy gameplay. This game just destroys everything good about FE6 and then goes on about 3 lords friendship. @AnonymousSpeed, talk about how it destroyed the lore.

Before FE7, only full-blooded manaketes could transform.That's the one that bothers me the most because it seems to have carried over through the rest of the franchise (minus the branded) instead of specifically messing stuff up with Elibe.

Let's see, uh...there's the obvious one, where the Fire Dragon is so strong while you mow down dozens of them in FE6. There's no reason to think that War Dragons are that much weaker than normal, since Jahn (while stronger) is on the same magnitude as them. Ice dragons are also dumb. They teach the Ilians how to survive in winter, but wasn't it a big point about the Scouring that dragons can't survive in colder climates?

I'll ignore small contradictions like Rebecca dying before Wolt is born. It's a little more weird that Marcus never mentions to Roy that time he 100%-no-matter-what-as-long-as-you-beat-FE7 saw a Fire Dragon.

My dude. Pre-timeskip Karel. What an absolute waste. I actually liked @Jotari's idea of making him a rival/foil to Lyn since it would have taken two terrible do-nothing FE7 characters and made them into something interesting.

I am 100% sure I've made other, more elaborate points and simply forgotten them.

On 1/31/2024 at 2:28 PM, Shaky Jones said:

FE15 ruined the series. Funny voice acting le good. Anon, do your thing again.

I can read significantly faster than the voice cast can read their lines, and quite frankly, the voices I image have more variety than the cast they re-use for every game.

If you listen to all the dialogue at the start of FE15, it's about 15 minutes to get to the tutorial. It takes even longer to get to the point the Famicom version put you at when you pressed the Start button. This isn't merely a matter of volume though. There's an intrinsic conflict between the talking portraits visual presentation and the fully-voiced dialogue. It creates an uncanny sensation that wasn't a problem in FE10, where the voice acting only accompanied real animated cutscenes.

However, this really is a problem that started with Awakening getting an (for anime dub standards) all-star cast, even if they mostly did grunt and say sound-bits.

On 2/1/2024 at 2:18 PM, ping said:

vhjEat1.jpeg

Artistic rendering of Germany literally getting sawed in half (using bullets) by America and the Soviets in 1945 (thanks for getting colonized West Germany)

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

1 hour ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I can read significantly faster than the voice cast can read their lines, and quite frankly, the voices I image have more variety than the cast they re-use for every game.

Not as bad as Path of Radiance's ending where they don't let you skip the text until Sephiran is finished speaking when there's no voice acting! Yeah, seriously, they just have this text you can't skip on screen the moves really slowly and lingers far too long for no reason.

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

Not as bad as Path of Radiance's ending where they don't let you skip the text until Sephiran is finished speaking when there's no voice acting! Yeah, seriously, they just have this text you can't skip on screen the moves really slowly and lingers far too long for no reason.

FE7 actually has this too, at least at some point during the epilogue...I'm pretty sure anyway, though it's been like a decade since I played FE7.

but wasn't it a big point about the Scouring that dragons can't survive in colder climates?

I don't think so...if I know what you're talking about, wasn't the idea that dragons only became mamkutes that needed stones to transform during/after the ending winter? But I don't think they actually said "the winter was really cold so some dragons died" or anything like that.

Not as much an expert on FE6 as some of you, so I could be wrong.