(Mafia Sucks) SF Mafia: The Revival - GAME OVER, Town Wins!

Iris

I like Prims because I've agreed with their two posts.

Weapons I'm neutral on. I'm not bothered by his vibes vote.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Rapier said:

I don't understand this reasoning at all, or what your vote tries to accomplish. You feel people who are trying to make stuff happen are town, and then you vote someone who's contributing to the discussion with his reads on those aforementioned people (even if it is, as Makaze said previously, conventional Mafia readings on how people tend to act in previous games and how people typically act on Mafia, which is ok evidence for early D1 imo). This vote also doesn't probe anything about Prims' reads.

Weapons would be my second pick for a vote.

For me Prims reads as a standard mafia player trying to get reads on RVS and usual Mafia behavior. Seems neutral to me, although explaining his feels a bit deeper seems to tip the scale more toward town imo.

I haven't played in ages and I started playing Mafia at least a decade ago. So sorry!

Also if you find more quotes of me being a doofus, do send them. They help me reminisce about those good times.

I honestly don't remember, so I'm acting on "what I expect Mafia players to do on D1 when they're town vs when they're scum", rather than judge what person X or Y usually does when they're town/scum. It has been some time since we've played, so I also expect people's games to have changed a little.

I also honestly don't buy your justification being "this is just how I play, don't you remember?", tbh

I'm pretty sure Rapier is town

@Refa What question did I miss from Boron?

Someone should make a list of nicknames for all the players

1 minute ago, Bluedoom said:

Heya, I'm on. I've been reading the last four pages and I'm struggling to come up with reads right now, mostly because I keep seeing a lot of the arguments for why what someone does is NAI and keep telling myself that in my head. 

Just now, Makaze said:

I'm pretty sure Rapier is town

@Refa What question did I miss from Boron?

I asked how your read on Boron changed after her last post (the one where she was weirded out by you).

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

They're all doing "tasks" in Electrical...

Just now, Refa said:

I asked how your read on Boron changed after her last post (the one where she was weirded out by you).

Oh, nothing changed, and it solidified my read on them

I don't feel anything weird about their read on me and it feels like a normal reaction to a town read that you don't understand

5 minutes ago, Refa said:

What is your opinion about BBM?

2 minutes ago, Makaze said:

Boron is Sunwoo, Bluedoom is Marth, Percivalé is Via, charlie underscore is SB, Cam is THE Camtech075.

I don't find Weapons' vote weird personally (it is technically accurate that I entered the game passively compared to my meta but my meta is inconsistent and the conclusion about my alignment following it is wrong, so.). I had the same thought as Refa that Makaze reads like somebody who learned to play on another site more than anything else.

@Refa Most of your posts so far are asking Makaze questions but you don't seem to scumread him, are you drawing specific conclusions from this line of questioning?

1 minute ago, Refa said:

Silly Refa, only town does tasks in Electrical. That's the entire meaning behind "victims get surprise killed by the imposter in electrical".

You'd know that if you were town.

tbh my gut feeling is still that Shinori is scum buddying up to me before he kills me N1 and I have no better vote than this rn sorry bro

how do other people feel about shinori for that matter

gonna return to tactical lurking until more people post

5 minutes ago, Prims said:

Boron is Sunwoo, Bluedoom is Marth, Percivalé is Via, charlie underscore is SB, Cam is THE Camtech075.

I don't find Weapons' vote weird personally (it is technically accurate that I entered the game passively compared to my meta but my meta is inconsistent and the conclusion about my alignment following it is wrong, so.). I had the same thought as Refa that Makaze reads like somebody who learned to play on another site more than anything else.

@Refa Most of your posts so far are asking Makaze questions but you don't seem to scumread him, are you drawing specific conclusions from this line of questioning?

Prims is pinging me but we have butted heads in every game we've been in, and if anything them not scumreading me is more tilting than anything

Do you have any reads that are not pushing back on someone else's extremes?

Just now, Prims said:

tbh my gut feeling is still that Shinori is scum buddying up to me before he kills me N1 and I have no better vote than this rn sorry bro

guess that answers that for me

I am not sure how to read Shinori but I'm liking his confidence, just waiting for him to post something game impacting

@Shinori what is your strategy

I'd probably put something like: 

Town: weapons(agreed with his vote at the time it was made), Rapier(free flowimg posting, attacking everyone on sight, seems to be what I remember of his meta)

Maybe town?: Boron, I think questioning people on why they read her the way they do, even if they town read her, is a healthy dose of paranoia. Just that I think that's easily fakeable at this stage of the game but it is a point in her favour 

Coinflip: Prims(i agree that makaze sk hunting is weird but that's a lot of words just to say that someone is nai and weapons might be on to something here), makaze(prodding people the way he's doing seems like something I'd imagine town makaze do but the sk hunting is sus)

Anyone who read shinori's game in champs this year, can you summarise what was his scum game like? Thanks, i don't know how to read the guy. 

I was going to vote bbm off of low presence but I think I'll vote refa, too many questions with a lack of conclusion. 

##Vote @Refa

1 minute ago, Prims said:

Come on, be my friend.

I have a nice pocket here for you, but I'd rather you stay out and we can talk about how everyone else is out to get us.

1 minute ago, Prims said:

I'm not used to Shinori being so active in mafia, tbh. The only game I remember where Shinori was super active was Xenoblade. Which was also my first game so yeah.

Like, I don't have an issue with him so far but if he were scum who was just hyped to play mafia on SF in literal years, it wouldn't surprise me.

Just now, Bluedoom said:

Town: weapons(agreed with his vote at the time it was made), Rapier(free flowimg posting, attacking everyone on sight, seems to be what I remember of his meta)

Maybe town?: Boron, I think questioning people on why they read her the way they do, even if they town read her, is a healthy dose of paranoia. Just that I think that's easily fakeable at this stage of the game but it is a point in her favour 

Coinflip: Prims(i agree that makaze sk hunting is weird but that's a lot of words just to say that someone is nai and weapons might be on to something here), makaze(prodding people the way he's doing seems like something I'd imagine town makaze do but the sk hunting is sus)

Anyone who read shinori's game in champs this year, can you summarise what was his scum game like? Thanks, i don't know how to read the guy. 

I was going to vote bbm off of low presence but I think I'll vote refa, too many questions with a lack of conclusion. 

##Vote @Refa

it has to be an actual @mention @Refa for the votal to catch it. you have to wait a second and click the popup thingy

1 minute ago, Makaze said:

What is your opinion about BBM?

I don't get why he cares that you scumread him, and otherwise nothing.

Just now, Prims said:

It's mostly his thought process confuses me. It doesn't seem internally consistent, which is what's bothering me. Why does Weapons' post have no weight when it's doing the exact same thing as he is doing? I think him having different reads on people voting him (me, BBM VS Rapier) is good, but...Hmmm...I don't know how to word it. It's the difference between organically having reads and coming up with reads. That's why I'm asking him about this stuff.

4 minutes ago, Bluedoom said:

I intentionally aimed to be read as null day 1, omegabussed my buddies after a last minute decision and posted less spammy more in depth posts with a couple of paragraphs each.

GENERALLY.

Then i would spam a little bit talking to Abi.

1 minute ago, Refa said:

I don't get why he cares that you scumread him, and otherwise nothing.

It's mostly his thought process confuses me. It doesn't seem internally consistent, which is what's bothering me. Why does Weapons' post have no weight when it's doing the exact same thing as he is doing? I think him having different reads on people voting him (me, BBM VS Rapier) is good, but...Hmmm...I don't know how to word it. It's the difference between organically having reads and coming up with reads. That's why I'm asking him about this stuff.

2 meanings: I am unable to read Weapons if my life depended on it, and I felt like his post came from a temperature read of the threads instead of a conviction from himself, so it feels flimsy.

Gun to your head, who would you eliminate first: BBM, Shinori, or Prims? Why?

Just now, Prims said:

Honestly feels weird that from all the people you spoke with and interacted, the person who warrants a vote is someone you have a gut feeling is trying to buddy up with you. Shinori wasn't even the only one reading you more towards town (I admitted I did), so I don't understand why him specifically.

This is more weird than scum though. Could be me overthinking things and my dislike for decisions based on meta reads (which are valid, but so subjective that discussing about it is hard and sometimes it's a convenient recourse for not doing anything, although Prims did contribute with deeper reads than "that's how I feel").

Anyways, I think Shinori's line of questioning toward Weapons is fine, and that it's more productive to switch targets than focus on one after you already have his reaction out (which is the goal of early D1. None of this solidifies a scum read, after all).

I should do the same, since my vote on Makaze isn't really going anywhere, but I'll keep him and Weapons on mind.

2 minutes ago, Bluedoom said:

I was going to vote bbm off of low presence but I think I'll vote refa, too many questions with a lack of conclusion. 

##Vote @Refa

Uhh which questions are those? What are you expecting to get off him, exactly? I don't understand the reason for this vote in particular.

Also, good point. I saw BBM posting, but he hasn't done much/questioned people/interacted. I'll leave a vote on him while I wait for more interactions from his part.

##Vote: @BBM

7 minutes ago, Bluedoom said:

I don't get your Prims read. You agree with what he said but you're bothered because he wrote three sentences? What makes this something Mafia!Prims does?

11 minutes ago, Bluedoom said:

##Vote @Refa

Noting that this comes almost right after Prims asking the question, and feels like sheeping, but he didn't credit Prims and devoted less than a sentence to it, which feels weird to me