Vigilante Mafia Game Thread - Game Over, LoVE wins!

BBM

Rules (definitely not taken from SB):

1. It is possible I've talked about elements of this setup when I didn't think I was going to run this game. If you remember anything, please tell me before signing up or sharing it with other players if you remember mid-game.
  2. As the host, I have the ability to add, remove or modify these rules at any time. If a change is made, an announcement will be made in the game thread.
  3. This game is NOC. Communicate in the game thread only, unless a host specifically tells you otherwise.
  4. You may not speak during the night phase unless a host specifically tells you otherwise.
  5. You may not speak to dead players. Do not speak to non-players who aren't listed as hosts/IOs.
  6. Taking screenshots or quoting outside communications with the host, real or forged, will result in an instant modkill. This applies to Role PMs, night results and any other form of communication. 
  7. Do not edit your posts. If you somehow slip up with this, contact me immediately and tell me what you changed.
  8. If you are modkilled by any fault of your own, you lose. 
  9. If you attempt to gain an advantage for your faction through your modkill, measures will be taken to prevent this from happening.
  10. If you don't post for 24 hours, you will be prodded. After several prods I will attempt to sub you out or modkill you if that isn't possible. Please inform me ahead of time if you are going to be absent.
  11. Be civil. If you feel as though things are getting out of hand, please contact me and I will handle the situation if necessary.

Mechanics (also definitely not taken from SB):

1. This game consists of vigilantes from popular culture (TV, movies, anime, video games, etc.). Pick a character when you sign up.
  2. This game starts on Day 1.
  3. Days last for 48 hours, while nights last for 24 hours. These may be bent slightly for the sake of host convenience.
  4. The player with the most votes at the end of the phase will be lynched. 1/3rd of the votes (rounded up) are required to lynch. 2/3rd of the votes (rounded down) hammers and ends phase early. If the leading vote-getter has less than 1/3rd of the votes, or if there is a tie for most votes, there will be a No Lynch. 
  5. No Lynch is a valid vote target. If two day phases end in No Lynch, either by vote, ties, or a lack of votes, the game will end in Universal Loss.
  6. *YLO will not be announced.
  7. You will be informed if you successfully targeted a player, and you will be informed if your action was redirected, and you will learn who your new target was. 
  8. To vote, use the following format: ##Vote: @USER and to unvote use ##Unvote @USER. Make sure to properly tag your target.
  9. If 1/3 of the the living players ##Vote: Extension during a Day phase other than Day 1, the phase will be extended by 24 hours. This can only be done once and is not available on Day 1.
  10. Mafia members can communicate over Discord or other methods of their choice while they are alive. After they are dead, they cannot contribute to the discussion.
  11. This game is cardflip, meaning that when a player dies, all that will be posted in the game thread will be their rolename and alignment (along with a pretty picture). Note that if a role is limited in use, the exact limitations will typically not be revealed as part of the flip. For example, both a 1x Vigilante and an unlimited Vigilante could flip as the LoVE Vigilante.

Setup Information (really definitely not taken from SB):

1. There are 14 players in this game. All of them are on the playerlist.
  2. There are exactly three factions in this game: the League of Vigilante Extremism (LoVE), the Red Assassination Team (RAT), and the Blue Assassination Team (BAT).
  3. You may assume that RAT and BAT have some method of out-of-thread communication.
  4. Every faction has the following win condition: You are allied with the ________. You win when all threats to them are eliminated.
  5. I do not promise balance, but I do promise that there are no Vanillas in the game.
  6. Characters have been pre-assigned roles and alignment so if you pick a character you are in charge of your own destiny... That being said, there is no correlation between a character and their alignment.
  7. This is not a bastard game. Everything happens for a reason.
  8. Death may not be the end.

Starting Player List

@Shinori - Yuri Lowell
@Eurykins - Light Yagami
@Bluedoom - V
@Bartozio - Archer
@WeaponsofMassConstruction - Batman
@Sunwoo - Robin Hood
@Elieson - Dexter
@Percivalé - Zorro
@JamieIsBored - Blade
@DefyingFates - Joker
@j00 - Lelouch Lamperouge
@CT075 - Catwoman
@Grace - Harry Dresden
@Aster - Black Widow

Edited by BBM

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MISCELLANEOUS ADVICE
(totally not stolen from Iris with worse formatting)

Forum Advice:

It is recommended to save your posts before typing them. The forum software has historically "eaten" posts, and it would suck to lose a Eurykins length wall post. Always back up your work in anything!

Using the Return/Enter key will double space your lines; use Return/Enter + Shift to single space lines.

To enclose things in spoiler tabs, please use [ spoiler] [/spoiler] (without the space).

I suggest editing posts in a separate text editor (Word, Notepad, etc) since the SF software can and will eat your post.

Scripts:

To install the below scripts, you will need to go install Tampermonkey for your browser. Then, you can go to the github repository and install by clicking "Raw." After resetting your browser, the scripts should hopefully work. Message me if you need help!

ISO Script:

Votals Script:

Post #s in thread:

Posted (edited)

GAME INFO

Day Links:

Day 1: Start, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, End
Night 1: Flips
Day 2: Start, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, End
Night 2: Flips
Day 3: Start, 3.1, 3.2, End
Night 3: Flips
Day 4: Start, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, End
Postgame: Part 1, Part 2.1, Part 2.2, Part 2.3

Surviving Players (5):
@WeaponsofMassConstruction - Batman, LoVE Inventor
@Sunwoo - Robin Hood, LoVE Watcher
@Elieson - Dexter, LoVE Gunsmith
@JamieIsBored - Blade, LoVE Reviver
@DefyingFates - Joker, LoVE Ascetic

Dead Players (9):

@Bluedoom - V, RAT Empowerer Motivator - Lynched Day 1
@Shinori - Yuri Lowell, LoVE Mayor - Killed Night 1
@j00 - Lelouch Lamperouge, LoVE Martyr - Killed Night 1
@Grace / @beeboat - Harry Dresden, LoVE Friendly Cop - Lynched Day 2
@Eurykins - Light Yagami, BAT Sneak Thief - Killed Night 2
@Percivalé - Zorro, LoVE Safeguard - Killed Night 2
@Aster - Black Widow, BAT Multi-Hooker BPV Neighbour - Lynched Day 3
@Bartozio - Archer, the LoVE Gravedigger - Killed Night 3
@CT075 - Catwoman, RAT Multi-Hooker BPV Neighbour - Lynched Day 4

Edited by BBM

Okay we somehow filled this game! It is now confirmation phase. All players, please post in the thread to confirm you're still playing, since it's been a while since signups began. I will send out role PMs once everyone has confirmed. My hope is to start the game around 6PM EST since I've found that to work for me the most timezones.

Also, I know we have some new players, so I recommend checking out a few links in the SF Mafia Info Dump and Resources thread.

• BBM changed the title to Vigilante Mafia Game Thread - Confirmation Phase

insert minions copypasta here

Posted (edited)

wow so everyone confirmed in like 30 minutes once I started bugging them (marth and cam confirmed to me on discord). in my magnanimity/impatience I am going to start the game early and give you guys an extra 19ish hours in the phase. please reward me with the exact correct amount of activity

role PMs going out now in order of signup. don't post until I say so

Edited by BBM

(Just a heads up that due to an awkward start time some people may not be around for a little while)

A new day has dawned on the League of Vigilante Extremism, for you have realized that not all of you may share the same noble goals of killing criminals. Some of you may indeed kill for personal reasons as well...

It is now Day 1. Day 1 will end on Wednesday July 17th, 6PM EST, in approximately 65.5 hours.

• BBM changed the title to Vigilante Mafia Game Thread - Day 1

When I picked my character, I thought I was picking the original lore version of Robin Hood. Much to my disappointment bewilderment, I'm actually Dinsey's furries version of Robin Hood with the talking animals.

##Vote: Shinori

Happy birthday!

Whoops, that typo. It's so tempting to edit that out.

Also, I told Fates and Aster you guys were cool peeps. DON'T PROVE ME WRONG 😛

so glad I didn't roll mafia what about you guys