Vigilante Mafia Game Thread - Game Over, LoVE wins!

BBM

5 hours ago, Bartozio said:

Hmm, voting nori is less fun than I thought. Time for a different approach.

##Vote @Eurykins

Explain to me why you're not the one voting Shinori (or anyone else I guess).

Voting Scumnori is something I do basically every game, cause I never trust him in Moofia games. Therefore, it's unnecessary for me to RVS him when I'm serious when voting him more often than not. Lol

On a side note, my brain is also trying to reboot and recall how to reformat posts and such. I've been detached from Forum Mafia for so long, I may actually face technical difficulties when attempting to recreate the wallposts I was known for in the past...

Also I had posted right before I went to sleep earlier this morning for work and just got off work, which is why response is a little late, sorry. Am mostly around in the evenings, as I work 11am-8pm during the week.

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Percivalé said:

I never know what to do during the rvs stage but jokes about bussing ppl on your team always give me weird vibes lol

before anyone asks this is not me saying I think shinori and bart are scumbuddies 

20 minutes ago, Percivalé said:

do we know how many scum are on each team because assuming there are more than 2 per faction

I would assume 9-2-2 if RAT and BAT are two scum teams. 

I have nothing mechanically to support this, but it makes the most sense imo. 
7-3-3 is very swingy and making either of the scum teams bigger just gives one a huge advantage over the other.

I mean I assumed theyd have even numbers lol but there's also the potential for crossfire and stuff 

you're probably right though

I'm bad at numbers and bad at balancing mafia games I need you guys to carry me in both respects. grace is the only reason I passed physics in college

##Vote @Bartozio

voting on mobile is a pain in the ass

20 minutes ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

I was thinking 9/2/2 as well. So far town lean on Shinori/Percy/Sunwoo. Not even anything close to a scumread, but yeah RVS. Seems like we all just want to take it slow for the time being?

Why am I town?

86anime-frederica.gif

1 hour ago, Percivalé said:

do we know how many scum are on each team because assuming there are more than 2 per faction this is probably pretty legit, defying fates is obviously not being coached by anybody behind the scenes

there's always the possibility that his scumbuddies are letting him act like newbtown to their benefit but I don't think that's likely judging by what I've seen here

I feel like 10/2/2 is pretty standard for a game this size with two scum teams? 8/3/3 just feels pretty wild and very swingy. (By the way, isn't it 14 players? 9+2+2 is 13.)

not me about to have a minor tirade on making things happen because of 48h d1 but reading that we were given 65.5h instead. still concerning that Nothing Much Has Happened

i think that beyond a suspected 10/2/2 setup it's not worth considering other options until much later when we have claims and role results to dig into. it's still probably very swingy even then, bc worst case for town is 4/2/2 d3 after 2 ML's (but that's not likely to happen via probability, but it could!)

i'm not especially on board with giving DefyingFates an easy out with the whole "newbie NL argument" thing; i think it's strictly null given a reasonable amount of the playerlist are old hands and could very well make that point to them and have it be used for cred; but i won't deny that it's definitely something newbies do! (i got crucified for it early on, and i totally don't hold grudges or anything... 😛 )

idfk why shinori is being obstinate about doing anything in RVS. i might just take the bait tbh.

##Unvote: @Elieson
##Vote: @Shinori

explain yourself bucko. you know better than to fuck around like this :^)

Actually RVS galaxy brain moment, but I think that question is more likely to come from town!Shinori. scum!Shinori would obviously have multiball in mind but I can see town!Shinori overlooking/not caring that scum!me would not be informed about Shinori's alignment anyway, so my town read would be real in any case (and also I think in multiball scum has less incentive to town read anyone in general, but I'd need to dissect that line of thought more).

My early assessment of Shinori is that he's playing somewhat similarly to how he did in the revival game during ED1. Apparently this is his new RVS meta or some shit.

Town lean on Grace for trying to get the game rolling and start discussion. For the record, I agree that we shouldn't give Defying Fates a complete pass for the NL argument but I just don't feel like it's coming from a new scum player.

yeah I take back what I said about defying fates after being corrected on the numbers lol

Honestly speaking though If people don't pop around by tomorrow evening I'm gonna start spam posting again or something cause this thread is moving SLOW.

NOTHINGS HAPPENING.

I want things to happen.  Someone do something, someone perform a trick.

Eury post a wall on page 3.  I dare you.

Shinori/Percivale/Weapons/Sunwoo > Everyone else in terms of keeping things moving so far in the RVS/out of said RVS phase. 

Shinori has generally always been the type to comment/notion if any new players are involved, scum or not, so doesn't tell a whole lot. Also helping a newbie could also be easy points in terms of offering himself as helpful Town!nori, which would read to me as something Scumnori would want to do. 

Percivale, for having second most posts, were about.... numbers in the game, I think? I don't recall seeing/reading much else, so nothing much to work with here. (Non-memorable posts, which isn't surprising in RVS. But something to consider if little else is noted later on.)

Weapons poked and voted, and then commented on town/scumnori things. Nothing over the top, and banter during RVS was par for the course. Null.

Sunwoo seems to be probing more questions and prods to encourage more conversation/reactions, so not a bad vibe here. Probably the towniest read so far, even if the read itself isn't for much more reason than just general participation. 

Can't really say much about the vibes of DF- none of what was happening screamed super townie newbie vibes, null at best. Shinori was probably the one who got more "townie helping newbie" points from their interactions, not DF, and doesn't really do much to assist in gauging their scum/town vibes. The very first post to *not vote*/kill someone Day 1 was very likely a joke, but seems odd coming from a townsided opinion, as the lynch/day kill is the only means to remove town threats, outside of specific roles or such that can be done at night. Even for someone new to "Mafia" or any game like it (Town of Salem, AmongUs, and many other games that encompass the same overarching gameplay), the goal has always been extremely simple and straight forward- remove threats from town by voting/killing them before they kill you or you lose. Opting to initially not contribute seems kinda sketch- being careful is one thing, but distancing/removing yourself from contribution is another. 

#Vote @DefyingFates

Tell me your thoughts- what are you considering when it comes to approaching this game? 

21 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I see, thanks! In that case I'll hold off until we hear from more people.

Anything crossing your mind or catching your attention with any of the posts? Are you looking for someone/something in particular to dig into?

I've been laying low for a bit hoping that Bartozio would respond to my post. But we've already spent too much time dithering around and nothing else that's happened has really bothered me.

##Unvote

##Vote: @Bartozio

Something that he said when he unvoted Shinori kinda bugs me. I'm struggling to really explain it, but it almost feels like he's trying to frame his vote as a "reaction test", like he was hoping for some sort of reaction. What exactly was he hoping for when he voted Shinori? Why was it "less fun" than he thought? And what does he make of Shinori's joking back with him?

I'd like an explanation please.

inb4 scum team is everyone who hasn't posted yet

bartozio vibes are definitely off and that's why I'm voting him, implying he tried to reaction test during rvs but being unclear about it like he's self-conscious. would also like weapons to explain his town reads, if it's just "they've been contributing" or something else. I can't read shinori lol 

Oh gosh I missed a lot-

Sorry about this, was kinda busy today with interviews with another lined up tomorrow, wish me luck.

What happened while I was gone?

1 hour ago, Aster said:

Oh gosh I missed a lot-

Sorry about this, was kinda busy today with interviews with another lined up tomorrow, wish me luck.

What happened while I was gone?

Best of luck!

And everyone's just testing the waters, I think.