Vigilante Mafia Game Thread - Game Over, LoVE wins!

BBM

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

##vote: @Sunwoo

i hate mafia

this is your obligatory notice that i'm about to hop on a 12-hour flight and won't be around for maybe the next ~20 hours, i'm posting this from the airport because i refuse to miss RVS again (thanks revival)

Cam leaving the country, which is playing to his scum meta 😛

##Unvote

##Vote: Cam

2 hours ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

##Vote: Eurykins

in anticipation

What's there to anticipate with me? It's not like I'm known for any sort of wallposts or any other vile construct that has been known to dissuade people from reading posts during Mafia games. That's absurd.

2 hours ago, Shinori said:

I'm Yuri Lowell.  No way I can be mafia.

I will actively try to post less this game but I also have a lot of free time so...

It's not the character I'd question, but the person behind it. You're generally Scumnori by default, and BBM knows this lol.

3 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I'm going to abstain from voting today. It may not be logical but killing someone on Day 1 still feels excessive 😛

This is the classic new person mistake, Someone will die today whether you are against it or not and it is the best decision.

Lynching someone is town's only weapon and we only get so many attempts at it before we just lose the game.  Talking during and throughout the day phase and then seeing how people interact with each other will give us information and then someone dying CLARIFIES the information that we can gain from the day.

If we lynch no one, we as a town gain no information.

So to help you out ahead of time, just get it through your head that someone will be dying no matter what day 1 and you should be aiming to look at who you think could be the scum to vote as we progress.

21 minutes ago, Shinori said:

This is the classic new person mistake, Someone will die today whether you are against it or not and it is the best decision.

Lynching someone is town's only weapon and we only get so many attempts at it before we just lose the game.  Talking during and throughout the day phase and then seeing how people interact with each other will give us information and then someone dying CLARIFIES the information that we can gain from the day.

If we lynch no one, we as a town gain no information.

So to help you out ahead of time, just get it through your head that someone will be dying no matter what day 1 and you should be aiming to look at who you think could be the scum to vote as we progress.

I see, thanks! In that case I'll hold off until we hear from more people.

I'm including the incorrect syntax votes but as Grace said, please use the correct syntax moving forward.

Mod Votals 1.1

Eurykins (1): WeaponsofMassConstruction
Elieson (1): Grace
Sunwoo (1): CT075
CT075 (1): Sunwoo
Not Voting (10): Shinori, Eurykins, Bluedoom, Bartozio, Elieson, Percivale, JamieIsBored, Defying Fates, j00, Aster

6 hours ago, Percivalé said:

so glad I didn't roll mafia what about you guys

Same, every other forum I’ve been to, I’ve always been scum in the first game. This is a nice change of pace.

5 hours ago, Shinori said:

No way I can be mafia.

Your usertitle begs to differ 🤔

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I see, thanks! In that case I'll hold off until we hear from more people.

That's fine for now probably.

A big thing to remember is that you can move your vote as much as you want, so don't be afraid to use your vote as means of stating where your biggest suspicion is at.  Alternatively kind of use it in a threatening manner along side questions you might be asking someone.  If you feel someone is acting suspicious or acting in a manner that is kind of unknown to you, asking them questions about their thoughts PAIRED along side a vote is more likely to get a response from them than without a vote.

If you are town, your ONLY weapon in most cases is your vote, so you have to be able to use it to accomplish mostly everything you need to do in this game.

##Vote: @DefyingFates

Hello and welcome to mafia, hope you have fun! (mafia sux btw)

Also just a heads up that I currently have some urgent family stuff going on so I also won't be here much before tomorrow

Defying fates i think is kind of giving off the "new player town" vibe honestly speaking.

Also as weapons stated, don't edit your posts @DefyingFates  It's not allowed in mafia games because it's a way to cheat.  Every new player makes that mistake though.

@BartozioYehp, Don't worry you bus me, I'll vote no one and just try to be a helpful person to our newbies and @EliesonWill come in last to vote you so we can just disjoint all of ourselves.

3 minutes ago, Shinori said:

@BartozioYehp, Don't worry you bus me, I'll vote no one and just try to be a helpful person to our newbies and @EliesonWill come in last to vote you so we can just disjoint all of ourselves.

Indeed, with such a perfect plan they'll never figure us out.

4 hours ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

Watch out against editing your posts!

55 minutes ago, Shinori said:

Defying fates i think is kind of giving off the "new player town" vibe honestly speaking.

Also as weapons stated, don't edit your posts @DefyingFates  It's not allowed in mafia games because it's a way to cheat.  Every new player makes that mistake though.

Sorry all! I just added the thanks at the end, my vote was always for Percivale. I'll keep this in mind though.

1 hour ago, j00 said:

##Vote: @DefyingFates

Hello and welcome to mafia, hope you have fun! (mafia sux btw)

So many mixed signals XD

12 hours ago, CT075 said:

##vote: @Sunwoo

i hate mafia

this is your obligatory notice that i'm about to hop on a 12-hour flight and won't be around for maybe the next ~20 hours, i'm posting this from the airport because i refuse to miss RVS again (thanks revival)

What if cam hates mafia because they are mafia?

Slight town lean on Defying Fates. I feel like if he has a scum buddy, that person would've explained things like "SF hates no lynching on D1". (Remember when we used to be vicious towards new players for not knowing SF's meta?) It's still possible that a hypothetical buddy didn't read their role PM or isn't an SF veteran, but I got to start somewhere.

Bartozio, what were you hoping to accomplish by voting Shinori? (Why was it "less fun than [you] thought"?)

4 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Slight town lean on Defying Fates. I feel like if he has a scum buddy, that person would've explained things like "SF hates no lynching on D1". (Remember when we used to be vicious towards new players for not knowing SF's meta?) It's still possible that a hypothetical buddy didn't read their role PM or isn't an SF veteran, but I got to start somewhere.

do we know how many scum are on each team because assuming there are more than 2 per faction this is probably pretty legit, defying fates is obviously not being coached by anybody behind the scenes

there's always the possibility that his scumbuddies are letting him act like newbtown to their benefit but I don't think that's likely judging by what I've seen here

I never know what to do during the rvs stage but jokes about bussing ppl on your team always give me weird vibes lol