Mistakes or errors on the site

VincentASM

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Camtech075

Also, this was something recently brought up in the FE10 "OMG! It's a tier list" topic, but supposedly Calill doesn't receive any data transfer bonuses from Largo at all. I was wondering if there was any conformation on this since if it is true, then that would need to be changed on the website.

I have tested it, I have retested it, and I have reported that Callill does indeed recieve bonuses from Largo.

For my test, I had Callill cap RES and STR in Por, and Largo cap HP and MAG. Callill gained HP, STR, MAG, and RES.

When only Largo capped something, Callill gained in whatever he capped.

When only Callill capped something, Callill gained in whatever she capped.

If Largo and Callill both capped the same stat, the bonuses do not stack.

If neither cap anything, Callill recieves no bonuses.

Screenshots please. Without screenshots, it doesn't mean much more than Red Fox saying it doesn't work on her disk. Two people tell a different story.

2 questions, though:

Is your disc a Japanese disc?

If not, then is your disc one of the fixed ones? (ie: can you transfer easy mode saves).

Unfortunately, I play RD and PoR on an actual Wii, not an emulator. So I can't.

And my PoR disk has been fixed and is American, just like my RD disk.

Also, this was something recently brought up in the FE10 "OMG! It's a tier list" topic, but supposedly Calill doesn't receive any data transfer bonuses from Largo at all. I was wondering if there was any conformation on this since if it is true, then that would need to be changed on the website.

I have tested it, I have retested it, and I have reported that Callill does indeed recieve bonuses from Largo.

For my test, I had Callill cap RES and STR in Por, and Largo cap HP and MAG. Callill gained HP, STR, MAG, and RES.

When only Largo capped something, Callill gained in whatever he capped.

When only Callill capped something, Callill gained in whatever she capped.

If Largo and Callill both capped the same stat, the bonuses do not stack.

If neither cap anything, Callill recieves no bonuses.

Screenshots please. Without screenshots, it doesn't mean much more than Red Fox saying it doesn't work on her disk. Two people tell a different story.

2 questions, though:

Is your disc a Japanese disc?

If not, then is your disc one of the fixed ones? (ie: can you transfer easy mode saves).

Unfortunately, I play RD and PoR on an actual Wii, not an emulator. So I can't.

And my PoR disk has been fixed and is American, just like my RD disk.

Frankly it could be as simple as taking a picture with a physical camera of Calill having 37 hp in 2-E at base level and it would be pretty convincing. She could of course take 3 seraph robes in PoR to pull it off, but I'd just have to assume that you aren't trying to pull anything like that. Also people seem to be able to pull stuff from the console. Not sure how. I don't think they are using emulation. But look at all the videos on youtube of various things from wii games. I don't think they are using emulation.

But if your disk is a fixed one then that's probably why. Hers isn't, nor are the disks of the other people that have said it doesn't work.

I wouldn't go so far as to doubt his word when he's positive, and the official website states the same thing. If anything, the people who don't believe that Calill receives Largo's stat boosts need to provide the proof.

I wouldn't go so far as to doubt his word when he's positive, and the official website states the same thing. If anything, the people who don't believe that Calill receives Largo's stat boosts need to provide the proof.

How can we possibly prove that it doesn't happen?

As stated, it could be the Japanese version that got it and it somehow got missed in the English version. Or you might need a fixed disc. Point is, I tried to transfer Largo's stats to RD Calill and it didn't work. And I was disappointed. I really wanted to see that HP boost. If a fixed disc is all that's needed, a little more confirmation is all it takes.

Well, not counting the translation script, there are instances where some pages use Reptor and others Leptor.

However, personally, I really don't feel like checking to see the names are consistent. I'm sure people can figure out that Reptor=Leptor ^^;;;

So, you think that it is more reasonable to:

ask people to make a 10 to 20 hour video in which they clear PoR with a level 20 Largo, start a game in RD, make a transfer from that file, clear out 14 chapters from 1-P all the way to 2-E and show that Calill didn't get the bonuses

than it is to

simply provide one picture in which Calill has the bonuses?

Wow, you are insane.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

ask people to make a 10 to 20 hour video in which they clear PoR with a level 20 Largo, start a game in RD, make a transfer from that file, clear out 14 chapters from 1-P all the way to 2-E and show that Calill didn't get the bonuses

than it is to

Wow, you are insane.

It's actually much simpler than that.

1. Open up an endgame file.

2. Bonus EXP Largo to max.

3. Feed him some stat boosters.

4. Take a picture.

Play through Part 1 in easy mode. Take a shot of Calill's status screen. If nothing changes, there's your proof.

If Camtech075 already took the screenshot, then that's cool. If he hasn't, that's like asking him to replay the game just to take a screenshot. >_>

than it is to

Wow, you are insane.

4. Take a picture.

Play through Part 1 in easy mode. Take a shot of Calill's status screen. If nothing changes, there's your proof.

If Camtech075 already took the screenshot, then that's cool. If he hasn't, that's like asking him to replay the game just to take a screenshot. >_>

How would you believe us? You could say we took the picture of Largo at level 20 in PoR but didn't transfer the file and then just took a normal picture of Calill in RD. Or something. It's not really any different from Red Fox just saying it didn't work. And honestly, do you think maybe she screwed up and Largo was not in fact level 20 in PoR? Or that she somehow picked the wrong file to transfer or something? She said it didn't work: it doesn't work. Somebody else has a fixed disk and says it works: it works. I'm not sure either side really needs to give a screenshot. We don't know for sure, but I think it means if your disk isn't fixed then for some reason Largo doesn't transfer to Calill.

Since us proving our side is not really doable (if you trust us enough to not pull a fast one with the two pictures then you should trust Red Fox enough that it didn't work on her disk) without a 10+ hour video, the only thing that can actually be mostly proven is a picture of Calill with a HP bonus in RD. Of course, you could pump her full of seraph robes in PoR, so probably a video with Calill and Nephenee in 2-E in RD both with hp bonuses.

Now, it's possible either of us would have to replay the game again, but for us to prove it beyond a doubt we need to somehow show a 10+hour video with zero editing over the internet because otherwise the RD file could just be one without a transfer. The other side just needs a 30 second video showing Calill and Nephenee with a hp boost. Although I'd be willing to just assume the person didn't give Calill robes in PoR and so they just need Calill with 37hp at base level in RD.

Guest Camtech075

OK, I still don't have a screenshot, but with some tesitng done, I've learned that Calill only gains Largo's bonuses if they both reach Lv. 20. Or it could just be the fact that my disc is fixed and other people's aren't, but wtv.

So does that mean if Largo reaches 20 but Calill doesn't, no bonuses transfer? Well, it's at least new information. But I guess the disc needs to be fixed as well, because the transfer I tried had them both at 20 (I was trying to stack bonuses, got only Calill's).

than it is to

Wow, you are insane.

4. Take a picture.

How would you believe us? You could say we took the picture of Largo at level 20 in PoR but didn't transfer the file and then just took a normal picture of Calill in RD. Or something. It's not really any different from Red Fox just saying it didn't work. And honestly, do you think maybe she screwed up and Largo was not in fact level 20 in PoR? Or that she somehow picked the wrong file to transfer or something? She said it didn't work: it doesn't work. Somebody else has a fixed disk and says it works: it works. I'm not sure either side really needs to give a screenshot. We don't know for sure, but I think it means if your disk isn't fixed then for some reason Largo doesn't transfer to Calill.

Since us proving our side is not really doable (if you trust us enough to not pull a fast one with the two pictures then you should trust Red Fox enough that it didn't work on her disk) without a 10+ hour video, the only thing that can actually be mostly proven is a picture of Calill with a HP bonus in RD. Of course, you could pump her full of seraph robes in PoR, so probably a video with Calill and Nephenee in 2-E in RD both with hp bonuses.

Now, it's possible either of us would have to replay the game again, but for us to prove it beyond a doubt we need to somehow show a 10+hour video with zero editing over the internet because otherwise the RD file could just be one without a transfer. The other side just needs a 30 second video showing Calill and Nephenee with a hp boost. Although I'd be willing to just assume the person didn't give Calill robes in PoR and so they just need Calill with 37hp at base level in RD.

Is there any reason why anybody would doubt you? It's not like you're the type to make up stuff to gain recognition or something.

Edited by Eltoshen

than it is to

Wow, you are insane.

4. Take a picture.

Is there any reason why anybody would doubt you? It's not like you're the type to make up stuff to gain recognition or something.

I suppose. Even so, all the more reason to just say it doesn't work with a fixed disc. I have no reason not to trust Red Fox of Fire. I also have no reason not to trust Camtech075. Hence, I am fully comfortable with simply assuming that for whatever odd reason it doesn't work with a not fixed english version disc. It doesn't make any sense, since I thought that the only problem was you can't transfer if an easy mode save is on the memory card. But it appears that there is an extra issue with the first batch.

On the FE7 rare item locations page, it says that Warp is located in 27/29 in the bottom left chest.

Problem is, 27/29 is Cog of Destiny which is an outside map and so there are no chests on it.

I think it should be bottom left village and I will be able to find out in a short time.

Couple of suggestions after reading through the Radiant dawn FAQ:

Q) Do Bonus EXP and stored items get transferred between parts?

A) No. Also, in Part 3 Ike and Micaiah's groups cannot share Bonus EXP or stored items. However during Part 4, all three groups can share them.

The answer is a bit ambiguous. Your bonus experience doesn't go away at the end of the part, nor does it transfer directly to the next part, it just stays with the original group. Though it was kind of silly in retrospect, since the first time I played through I thought it was use-it-or-lose-it on each Endgame (with a chapter name like that, it makes it sound like the parts of the game are more independent), it might be better to clarify the issue as such:

Q) Do Bonus EXP, gold, and stored items get transferred between parts?

A) Sort of. Part I's inventory will not be available for Part II and most of Part III, except when playing as the Dawn Brigade/Daein Army (Chapter 3-6, 3-12, and 3-13). Part II's inventory will not be available for Part III, except when playing as the Crimea Royal Knights (Chapter 3-9.) After Chapter 3-10, the Crimea Knights inventory and Greil Mercenaries inventories will merge. You may only use the inventory for the current group you are playing as. For Part IV, all inventories are merged, even as the group splits up.

Or however you would phrase it to clarify the idea that there are three separate inventories in play for most of the game.

And one more thing:

Q) What's different about Hard mode?

A) Compared to Normal mode:

* Battle saves are removed and replaced with Suspending

* Gained battle and bonus experience are reduced

* Generic enemies are stronger

* Enemy movement ranges cannot be viewed

* The weapon triangle and map affinity have no effect

* Skill access is disabled during Part 2

I very recently played through Part 2 on Normal mode, and Skills were blocked at the base for at least 2-2, and I believe 2-3. I'm sorry I can't be definite about it, but perhaps only Easy mode allows Skill access.

Thank you for your consideration and keep up the good work.

I very recently played through Part 2 on Normal mode, and Skills were blocked at the base for at least 2-2, and I believe 2-3. I'm sorry I can't be definite about it, but perhaps only Easy mode allows Skill access.

To add: No mode allows skill access during part 2, not even Easy.

To add: No mode allows skill access during part 2, not even Easy.

I can vouch for this too.

Isn't really a mistake, but maybe you could put this under the Hints and Secrets section?

In FE11, if Gordin is killed by the player's army (Marth, the 3 cavs, Jeigan), the army of Armours will not appear and there is no need for a decoy.

Personally I don't think its important enough to warrant being included on that page - either way you end up killing one of your characters. In any case, its at least mentioned in the Chapter Data page.

This probably dosen't mean much but...

In the 'Unused Things' section, on Radient Dawn's mucis:

Not counting alternate versions of many existing songs (which only differ very slightly), there are around 25 unused songs. The most notable ones include themes for Mist, Tibarn and Naesala, as well as a map theme that is a remix of Arum's map theme from Gaiden.

It's actually a remix of Arum's second map theme. (which is slightly different from his first)