Suggestions for what to add to the site?

VincentASM

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that should be correct. He inherits his father's Str growth (10) + half his mother's (30/2 = 15).

For gender-swapped children, only the Holy Blood and Equipment inheritance is swapped.

Edited by VincentASM

On the FE1 page the screenshot there seems to be... well, poor quality, and distorted by JPEG compression or something.

Maps for all the chapters of all the games. While you're at it, tilesets are fun too.

There are some parts of the FE1 section that don't have pages, such as promotion gains and class growth rates.

Adding synopsis for games or larger plot summaries is another option.

There are plenty of creative things to use for more pages. Getting into some aspect of media (sprites, fanart, videos, hacks, etc.) would likely help.

You could also do screenshot galleries for the game for people to see parts of the game. Alternative video playlists showing gameplay of various Fire Emblem installments.

Riping MIDIs of the GBA songs shouldn't be too hard, and MIDIs can be converted to sheet music. Why not?

Also, you've yet to find average stats for characters in their non-default classes. Yeah, that'll be TONS of fun...

Not to mention enemy growths for various games, generic enemy inventories, what about cameo appearances, any articles on the Smash bros. series, and what about all the tons of parts of scripts that could be added to the game?

I just threw out whatever came to be, but there's always ways to add to a site. Even yours... XD

@FireBlazer; I'm pretty sure you can submit synopsis' and the like. Or was that shut down during my absence?

I do believe VincentASM shut down his sprites section. In addition, growth rates for non-standard classes seems.. pointless. I mean, it's just Base growths/statss + Class growths/stats.

And scripts are being worked on, I believe.

On the FE1 page the screenshot there seems to be... well, poor quality, and distorted by JPEG compression or something.

I never noticed it before, but I can see what you mean. Although, to be honest, I don't think the image is "poor quality" - I suspect it would qualify as a 70-80% quality JPEG, which most people aren't going to notice the difference between that and, say, a PNG.

Riping MIDIs of the GBA songs shouldn't be too hard, and MIDIs can be converted to sheet music. Why not?

How would you go about doing that? I've only heard of inserting MIDIs into the game, but not the other way round. I don't really delve into hacking beyond the general basics.

Also, you've yet to find average stats for characters in their non-default classes. Yeah, that'll be TONS of fun...

Like Allan's Aokage, I don't see the point of this ^^;;;

Everything else seems like fair game.

I'd be willing to write something about archetypes or whatever...

And I offer again, I have part of a class history chart sitting finished on my other computer if you want it.

As mentioned before, I am willing to work on any scripts that you require to be edited. With minimal errors, with any luck ^^;; In addition, I spy that the Radiant Dawn script section lacks any files regarding Base/Info conversations.

As I have (nearly) every single one of them on my Radiant Dawn file, I am willing to transcribe them (without a text dump, of course) and send them to you. I think the small amount of ones I don't have can be gained by killing off Gareth for eating red meat some of the dragons to find the missing ones.

-edit-

And I can also get all of the Village ones (maybe not the Talk ones, though) during my next RD playthrough, which will be done right after the one I'm doing now. Including the alternate 3-1 village. Of course, I might miss a few due to not fielding certain units regularly.

Edited by Allan's Aokage

Apologies if I haven't replied to everything. At this moment, I'm more focused on the suggestions on my side of things ^^;;;

I'd be willing to write something about archetypes or whatever...

And I offer again, I have part of a class history chart sitting finished on my other computer if you want it.

I don't really want to cover archetypes but if have to, I don't want it to be a fixed article. So, I'll have to decline for now.

As for the class history, you can PM or e-mail the chart to me. I'm hoping to expand the class history a little, adding images and stuff. However I probably won't be working on it for a while.

As mentioned before, I am willing to work on any scripts that you require to be edited. With minimal errors, with any luck ^^;; In addition, I spy that the Radiant Dawn script section lacks any files regarding Base/Info conversations.

I don't need anything before Part 3 Endgame, since I've got permission from FEPlanet to use their scripts (and they have all that covered already). I'll get back to you on the rest of the scripts though.

Some older comments:

Don't know if you guys still need it, but I've written down the whole conversation between Yahn and Roy, when he talks about how the Dark Dragon was created and about the Scouring and Hartmut, etc.^^

I'm fairly sure that's already present in the script translation pages.

I know someone who might give me permission to get a Shadow Dragon walk through? Should I go ahead and ask him?

Sure, but if it's an existing walkthrough, can you tell me which one it is?

On that note, what exactly would your policy be on these? I'm in the process of an FE4 playthrough at the moment, (although the sound can get a little bit wierd at times) in which I try to follow the canon plotline as close as possible. (although I'm not using the latest version of the translation patch. The opening convo of chapter 4 glitched up but the rest seems to be OK [Edda will probably glitch up too, from what I've heared])

Ideally, I'd like both gameplay and story to covered. Otherwise, I think you can do pretty much anything you want. Although, if it's something obscure (like an all Laguz playthrough), you might want to mention that somewhere : P

EDIT: I was also wondering is there a reason it takes 31 days for name changes?

It's to stop people spamming name changes. You should be able to change your name twice within a 30 day period (or around that much).

I don't really want to cover archetypes but if have to, I don't want it to be a fixed article. So, I'll have to decline for now.

As for the class history, you can PM or e-mail the chart to me. I'm hoping to expand the class history a little, adding images and stuff. However I probably won't be working on it for a while.

That was just an example. I'm still racking my brains as to something else I could write about.

I'll get that to you once my sister gets off my other computer.

Guest VergilDante100

Well i've been thinking about doing a FE8 run of course doing both elrika's and ephraim's stories respectively, video walkthrough as well, because i've been in the midst of doing the support convos for them.

An Availability page for PoR for the first 8 maps. After that everyone recruited stays available (except the last bit of chapter 27), but before then a lot of units oscillate between available and not available.

I never noticed it before, but I can see what you mean. Although, to be honest, I don't think the image is "poor quality" - I suspect it would qualify as a 70-80% quality JPEG, which most people aren't going to notice the difference between that and, say, a PNG.

Right, I was being pretty nitpicky, but the small things add up in due time... (then again if a person never does the big things then the small things won't matter in the end...)

Regarding average stats and stuff, there is a point to it, but few people are likely to make use of it. It also takes a ton of work, isn't really fun, and is more of an excuse to add content than anything else.

Content wouldn't be a problem if a new Fire Emblem game come out. SF would have plenty of pages to be made. On the contrary most other sites have tons of things they can add to their content database regardless of whether a new Fire Emblem is coming out or not, but other FE fansites generally don't update very often/enough...

How would you go about doing that? I've only heard of inserting MIDIs into the game, but not the other way round. I don't really delve into hacking beyond the general basics.

First of all, I realized in the quote I misspelled 'ripping'... lol.

Second, IIRC any hacking you do is to extract data from the game, right? I could be wrong, but...

Third, the computer I am on right now lacks the means necessary to rip quality MIDIs from the game. Because of this I can't even verify a method to extract the songs from the game. Once I do I can either tell you how it works or just rip them myself and give them to you, or if I'm a failure and I can't rip them, then the idea as a whole is fail.

Fourth, on a side note, you could always rip out all the sound effects in the game... Because there is nothing better to do O_O jk

Can't believe I forgot. Dunno if someone else mentioned it, but FEP's average stat calculator is absolutely horrible. It still uses the old fan names, and it's extremely inconvenient for calculating class swapping. The growths at the top always stay the character's original growths, the first level is forced to be in the character's original class, and you cannot choose at what level to promote your character.

So if SF could have one, that would be awesome!

Second, IIRC any hacking you do is to extract data from the game, right? I could be wrong, but...

Third, the computer I am on right now lacks the means necessary to rip quality MIDIs from the game. Because of this I can't even verify a method to extract the songs from the game. Once I do I can either tell you how it works or just rip them myself and give them to you, or if I'm a failure and I can't rip them, then the idea as a whole is fail.

Fourth, on a side note, you could always rip out all the sound effects in the game...

More or less. I do sometimes play the hacked games to see if things are working or not, although that's not really possible for FE9 and 10 (for me, since my PC is quite ancient and can't run the newer Dolphin builds).

If you can find out how to get the MIDIs, that would be cool.

Sound effects, I could look into. I just realised there's a fairly easy method of getting them.

Can't believe I forgot. Dunno if someone else mentioned it, but FEP's average stat calculator is absolutely horrible. It still uses the old fan names, and it's extremely inconvenient for calculating class swapping. The growths at the top always stay the character's original growths, the first level is forced to be in the character's original class, and you cannot choose at what level to promote your character.

So if SF could have one, that would be awesome!

I'm not really that good at programming, so it's not very likely I'm afraid. I did take some basic programming in C courses a while back, but I've been neglecting to use what I learned o__o

How about more interactive growth rates page?

Such as for instance being able to list it by highest strength growth, highest Deg growth, etc. I cannot imagine that being very hard, and it seems like something that would be a lot of help. I, at least, have wished that it was there quite a few times already.

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies if I haven't replied to everything. At this moment, I'm more focused on the suggestions on my side of things ^^;;;

I know someone who might give me permission to get a Shadow Dragon walk through? Should I go ahead and ask him?

Sure, but if it's an existing walkthrough, can you tell me which one it is?

here is the link, but if it doesn't work then here is how to get to it:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/943695/56036

1. search Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon at gamefaqs.com

2. click on faqs

3. it's the walkthrough by LethalRedArmy

• 2 weeks later...
a sheet music subcategory in the music section perhaps?

Not sure if I've already mentioned it, but that's something I'm interested in. Although I don't like the idea of having to create hundreds of PDFs ^^;;;

Well, I suppose I'm not really sure what format people would prefer (maybe I could do PNGs or JPEGs).

PDF's are generally much more preferable than images... For simple reasons like easier printing amongst other reasons. Then again, just having files as MIDIs isn't too bad since MIDI converter programs can be used to convert to almost any standard format (possibly even Finale Notepad format or something).

Edited by Luffy

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the bump. Here's something I thought of:

- Localisation changes: The save files are uncopiable in the Japanese version. (This reason is pretty good enough for me to break my convention not to use unauthorised software. I'll hack my Wii and copy protected files if I really have to.)

- Biorhythm for FE9 please?