Epic Wins, Epic Fails

Rewjeo

This topic is also for when the RNG loves you or screws you. However, I'd recommend actually calculating the probability of things happening before commenting. Talking about missing with 80% and then getting hit and killed with 20% isn't actually that uncommon. Not like facing stuff that is 1 in a million (literally) or rarer. Like, for example, missing twice at 99% in fe5 and then getting hit by 1%. That is literally 1 in 1 million, since each of those events are 1 in 100 and three of them have to happen together.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in my current paladin only PT, before Fiona when still using everyone:

epic win: Leo getting 3 near perfect level ups, Aran gaining speed, Meg evades enemies (no abusing of any kind)

epic fail: Edward barely gaining stats and gets doubled doing only 3 damage average on chapter 4 or so, Sothe face-blocking everything, not being able to use my 3 blessed characters after getting Fiona...

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an epic fail:

You see, I have a tragic announcement to make... :( I recently began playing Fire Emblem after about a year off. I decided to once and for all reveal

the conversation in which Almedha says that Soren is her son

. Needless to say, it wasn't easy to make Soren fight Micaiah in Part 3 - Chapter 7 without a long range tome. I even had to scarifice Haar <_< I haven't used anyone but Micaiah, Sothe and occasionally Volug from the Dawn Brigade, so you can see that it's been a plague getting through with this playthrough... However, when I reach that chapter in which you get to choose for Pellease to live or die, guess what I discover? I had accidently chosen a completely new ... how to say? Game, save? My point is that my only option was to kill Pelleas!! And without Pelleas I won't achieve my goal with this playthrough, so... I'm pissed! <_<

Edited by xanatha

My Marcia got 4 straight STR levels in a row, and my Kieran maxed speed as an Axe Pal at level 16 without any BEXP. I've never seen either of those happen before O_O

On another note... Level 13 Vanguard Ike with only 30 STR? *facepalm*

Edited by Pet Pikachu

Spent two hours slowly working my way through 1-E HM trying to use Edward, Nolan, Jill, and Aran exclusively, for combat, so they could get their last few levels and promote. I forgot that an archer had a longbow and it stepped out and one shot Laura...

Slowly working foward with 1-E HM Edward and Ilyana taking as much kills as possible (of course when they can't double its hard) and miccy advances after taking care of the 8 reinforcements from the ledge. Edward ilyana, BK, nailah, sothe, move on, edward gets killed.

Restart Miccy gets awesome 3 speed level ups in a row, but then she is hit twice by the hand axe reinforce ment :facepalm:

Restart Edward in resolve range gets killed by longbow

Restart Ilyana gets killed because of my carelesness

Restart, miccy is carried, but when i lower her i lowered her in range of a longbow from Jarod's section.

It just keeps happening ;_; it doesn't help that my eddy was spd screwed... really 17 speed at 20/1...

Epic win: Astrid (with Paragon Blossom combo) capped all but defense. First time i did the skill combo. Nice. Also Soren capping EVERYTHING.

Epic Fail: 3-E, Oscar gets sleep'd by LAURA (whos like level 12 Priest no less) and getting whomped and dying.

Try again, Soul. Nolan has an average 2 MAG by now.

Yeah. Nolan's tier 3 mag capping is more a result of promo bonuses and low caps than anything else. Hence why at level 20 tier 1 it is so low on average.

+2, +4, for +6 mag from promos. 10 mag cap. He only needs 4 points of mag in 49 levels. It's no wonder he caps in tier 3. Only needs a 10% growth to pull it off on average.

My epic win is that I just defeated Ike in chapter 3-13 without putting him to sleep. With a level 1 Trueblade Edward and his Brave Sword. He would do 4 times 7 damage with 100% hit rate and Ike would do 1 time 25 damage with a 57% hit rate. Edward hit him first time, second was a critical, then Ike missed and Edward finished him with an Astrum. He also defeated Soren with a 12% critical hit. Go Edward!

Edited by Quirino

Kieran seems to be a lucky charm for me. He's saved my ass plenty of times. One of them being that level with Valtome (4-2, I think). Valtome almost always hits one of my units whenever I go to attack him. With Tibarn, it's not really a huge deal, he can kill Valtome in one hit, but I don't like using Tibarn very much in that chapter because I prefer to level up my other units. I like attacking with Kieran, Ranulf and Elincia for the funny conversations.

On this one chapter, I had one character next to Valtome who was clobbered pretty good. If Valtome went after him on the next turn, he'd die in one hit. Thankfully, I wiped out most of the other enemies within range. I went in to attack with Kieran. Valtome missed, Kieran activated Sol. It was beautiful.

As for epic fails, it's hard to narrow it down.

Pretty much all of 3-1, the entire chapter, ended up being fail for me on my first playthrough. I had to reset so many times. Now I have no troubles with it. But my most memorable fail on that chapter went like this:

Me: Crap. I hate Shinon. He's a jerk. I don't want to use him.

Shinon: -criticals an enemy-

Me: 0.0 Maybe I will start using him...

Shinon: -wipes out most of the enemies on the map without taking any damage-

Me: 0________0 I shall now worship him.

Shinon: -gets critical'd and dies whining about how lame his death was-

Me: D= D= D=

Oh, don't worry. He's quickly become my favorite character. I just didn't want to use him starting out, then realized how good he was...and got very unlucky at the very end of the battle. Freaking enemy critical hit. Grrr.

...Holy crap. Aran really dodged a bullet in 4-P, he would have been doubled and ORKO'd by a Warrior... but the warrior missed once.

Should I mention in here my Mordecai that got Spd 3 levels in a row? And then again (for the cap since I used a Speedwing) on the 6th level?

And yet he's sitting at level 30 with only 18 Def.