What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Episode 14 of Little Busters gave me some feels. I didn't even like Nishizono that much compared to the other girls, but the end to her arc was pretty good. I'm playing the visual novel right now which is also pretty fun. Can't wait to get to Nishizono's arc now.

Episode 14 of Little Busters gave me some feels. I didn't even like Nishizono that much compared to the other girls, but the end to her arc was pretty good. I'm playing the visual novel right now which is also pretty fun. Can't wait to get to Nishizono's arc now.

The VN is really overrated and not that great IMO. I can't say anymore about my opinions on it without spoiling anything, but the general opinion on LB! is that the common route and Refrain are good, people like Rin2 because of how it ties into refrain (personally I thought Rin2 was really bad), and then all the character routes suck except for Mio's who at least has a decent one. I might try watching my favorite parts of the VN when they air.

Have to say, this season is pretty bad. Just finished the second episode of Tamako Market, and it's really bad right now.

Without having you list a huge number of anime, what kinds of genres are you interested and what big names have you checked out?

My taste does vary when it comes to the shows I watch. But a few big names Eyeshield 21, One Piece, Inuyasha, Gaiking, D. Gray-man, Kaichou wa Maid-sama, Shakugan no Shana, also I guess anime that are kinda ok are horror like, some fighter like more as in the main character doesn't always win but still grows, school feel like A Channel, ecchi is ok but too much fanservice kinda gets annoying to me. I'll slowly compile a list of all the wonderful shows I've watched.

Finished Hellsing Ultimate. All in all a pretty good show. Great action and some badass characters. Only problem with me really was the plot, and how it felt like they kinda just patched things in to make things "fit". Some concepts were important but weren't really introduced or explained well. If you like lots of profanity, violence, and gore, while watching badasses kill the bad guys, then this show is for you.

Finished Hellsing Ultimate. All in all a pretty good show. Great action and some badass characters. Only problem with me really was the plot, and how it felt like they kinda just patched things in to make things "fit". Some concepts were important but weren't really introduced or explained well. If you like lots of profanity, violence, and gore, while watching badasses kill the bad guys, then this show is for you.

Kouta Hirano, the mangaka, stated many times that most of what he did in terms of plot and design was literally just "because it's cool." I remember something about people nagging him about the writing on Alucard's gloves meant, and where he gets the time to reload his gun, how the gun is able to be so heavy and function, etc. He'd always answer with that.

• 2 weeks later...

Nearly finished with the Tales of Symphonia Tethe'alla Arc OVA. I clearly need to replay the game someday- I honestly don't remember half of the things that are happening. Also probably gonna start Outlaw Star soon.

Started Psycho Pass. Only three episodes in, but the question to myself is, WHY DIDN'T I START WATCHING THIS EARLIER? If I wasn't playing FE13 so much and studying/taking midterms, I'd be marathoning this right now.

Also saw this and thought of all you JoJo fans:

Started Psycho Pass. Only three episodes in, but the question to myself is, WHY DIDN'T I START WATCHING THIS EARLIER? If I wasn't playing FE13 so much and studying/taking midterms, I'd be marathoning this right now.

Also saw this and thought of all you JoJo fans:

First thing I did was to convert it into a MP3 and I am dying as I listen to this.

So I'm all caught up in the mangas for The World God Only Knows, One Piece, Hayate, Liar Game, and now Ao no Exorcist. About to start Magi since I've been hearing complaints from people that the anime adaptation isn't following the manga all that well. I'm waiting for the JoJo anime to end before I start reading it. Any good manga recommendations for me?

About to start Magi since I've been hearing complaints from people that the anime adaptation isn't following the manga all that well.

I've heard the same as well, but I can't think of too many divergences other than Hakurei using her Djinn... whatever it was. As for recommendations, One Punchman.

She was referring to the anime obviously.

I was just poking fun at her because the structure of the post made it seem like the manga could have been used as a comparison for animation.

So I'm all caught up in the mangas for The World God Only Knows, One Piece, Hayate, Liar Game, and now Ao no Exorcist. About to start Magi since I've been hearing complaints from people that the anime adaptation isn't following the manga all that well. I'm waiting for the JoJo anime to end before I start reading it. Any good manga recommendations for me?

Pandora Hearts is quite good. Shaman King the manga is also a lot better than the anime.

Just watched Madoka Magica. I never thought a magical girl anime would be so dark. Very very good show, would strongly recommend.