Mafia Round 3

General Spoon

Why? I liken this game to Survivor in the strategy elements. In Survivor, secret alliances exist all the time. That's similar to talking between people on PMs, right?

I reckon its to keep it truer to its offline party game origins. Everybody is in a big circle, and never has the option to walk over and privately chat with someone. Nighttime killing are done by silent pointing, etc.

While I personally don't mind PMs, and make some limited use of them if I feel it necessary, I can see the arguement for both sides.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it currently nighttime?

For future reference, Gen. Spoon does keep a record of everything going on in the Mafia game in a separate post thread, and does update it to reflect the changing phases. Again, just to let everyone here know about that thread (or remind them if they knew that already).

Edited by Lord Ratatosk

In the games I played

The only PM'ing that was allowed was between mafia members AT NIGHT to discuss who they should kill and et cetera; townies and everyone else couldn't just secretly PM each other and reveal their roles/findings, et cetera. No daytime PM'ing between any members was allowed, and night phases could not include discussion or voting.

What if Hika and Cap'n are both innocent? That would be pretty hilarious. But they're trying way too hard to both be innocent. Also, if carriage driver/priest doesn't save Bizz tonight, I'm gonna rage.

What if Hika and Cap'n are both innocent? That would be pretty hilarious.

There is still a chance that one of them or maybe the 2 are alpha wolf or god father

What if Hika and Cap'n are both innocent? That would be pretty hilarious. But they're trying way too hard to both be innocent. Also, if carriage driver/priest doesn't save Bizz tonight, I'm gonna rage.

Me too, man

me too

But they don't know which team each other is on. They can't send out a message saying 'I'm the Alpha Wolf, who's the Godfather?' :P. I did think for a bit that Bizz, Hikarusa and Cap'n Crunch are the three wolves, which would be :awesome: until we lynch them. Actually, it would be even more :awesome: at that point.

1. Last night Cap'n Crunch said that even if I'm innocent I should be voted to be lynched. This means that in his own opinion he just wasted one of Bizz's night phases.

2. Cap'n Crunch also said that he expected the detective to reveal him/herself by faking detective, this means that he wanted to know who the detective was and that it would be beneficial for him to know.

3. He's a dick.

I suppose I'm gonna vote to lynch Cap'n Crunch based on this. Anyone have any opinions?

Capn overall pisses me off, so I just kind of want him gone by this point. If he wasn't killed last night, that makes me even more suspicious.

Cap'n Crunch

EDIT: I had to fix bold tags

Edited by Bizz

It was really between you and him, and an innocent verdict on you (given that Bizz is telling the truth, which... is probable but not certain - lots of townies have died and it could be a ruse).

So, I don't think any further evidence is needed for my vote on General Spoon.

What?

Fine, Cap'n Crunch.

I'll probably be up for the chopping block tomorrow, assuming I live through the night again. Unless Bizz feels like being kind enough to investigate me and clear my name.

We don't find out someone's role after they die, just what side they were on. What if the detective's already dead, and Bizz is just pretending to be the detective in order to protect Hikarusa, when really they're both mafia? That would be pretty awesome. And I mean, it looks like no mafia have died yet, only wolves (though maybe not, too lazy to go re-check the updates). They've gotta be covering each other somehow.

Really though, there's no conclusive evidence towards anyone, so whatever.

Cap'n Crunch

Assuming that Bizz really is the detective, we should have a mafia on our hands here. If Cap'n is innocent too then I'm just gonna be confused as hell.

Edited by CATS

Werewolf target: Freohr Daltia

Mafia target: Big Daddy or Balcerzac

3-13 archer target: Big Daddy or Balcerzac.

I would have said the 3-13 archer got Balcerzac, but then again, Big Daddy was hit with a crossbow. Of course, the Mafia could have targetted Balcerzac if they thought he was on/would be on their tail, but then again they could have randomed Big Daddy too. Why the 3-13 Archer would target Big Daddy though is beyond me. He's no voted a few times and I think that's it - not exactly helpful, but not really Mafiwolf behaviour (they want innocent kills, after all). Hmm... the Mafia have also been suspected of using mostly blades before, right? So in that case, they went for Balcerzac.

TL;DR version - I have no idea who went for who tonight except the obvious. Logic says the 3-13 archer went for Balcerzac and clues say he went for Big Daddy.

...Does that even help? I have to stop analysing things that are useless to us ¬_¬.

Werewolf target: Freohr Daltia

Mafia target: Big Daddy or Balcerzac

3-13 archer target: Big Daddy or Balcerzac.

I would have said the 3-13 archer got Balcerzac, but then again, Big Daddy was hit with a crossbow. Of course, the Mafia could have targetted Balcerzac if they thought he was on/would be on their tail, but then again they could have randomed Big Daddy too. Why the 3-13 Archer would target Big Daddy though is beyond me. He's no voted a few times and I think that's it - not exactly helpful, but not really Mafiwolf behaviour (they want innocent kills, after all). Hmm... the Mafia have also been suspected of using mostly blades before, right? So in that case, they went for Balcerzac.

TL;DR version - I have no idea who went for who tonight except the obvious. Logic says the 3-13 archer went for Balcerzac and clues say he went for Big Daddy.

...Does that even help? I have to stop analysing things that are useless to us ¬_¬.

I think Mafia killed Balcerzak, especially after his track record in previous games. I'm pretty surprised he wasn't killed night 0

Also I meant night 0 in my previous post

...And I mean, it looks like no mafia have died yet, only wolves (though maybe not, too lazy to go re-check the updates). They've gotta be covering each other somehow.

The wolves got Reinfleche on Night 0. Not really very helpful in terms of finding the others though.

Also I have reason to think you're innocent CATS: I think you were the most likely target when Candlejerk was hit - meaning both sides wanted you dead and neither has gotten back to finishing the job. I can't think of anyone else both sides might have targetted together except maybe Balcerzac - who obviously was a wolf anyway, or just a random choice - which coupled with the Carriage Driver guessing correctly, is incredibly unlikely.

Still, that's not really going to stand up to scrutiny - I'm sure someone can suggest someone else it might have been, and if I'm right you're probably dead soon anyway <_<

Hmm, the mafia went for Ether instead... I can't remember much of what Ether was like actually, was he another logical and useful contributor? Yeah, that makes sense, but if we have a clever 3-13 archer, what's to say he didn't choose Balcerzac? I'm more inclined to agree with you though, although why the heck would the 3-13 archer target Big Daddy? Seems like a totally unproductive move to me, what evidence was there against him compared to some of the other high-profile people?