No more Ballistician? Why???

What about the Str/Mag split?

It didn't affect any other physical units, so I don't see why it would have any impact on Feena.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shooters are incredibly clutch. I agree that dancers are better than shooters, but you're just simply not using them right.

Well a large part of it has been my luck with them. As I mentioned before, I've rarely seen mine hit.

In any case, shooters and dancers are both useless (except for dancers Fe4/9/10)( also add a knight ring and defend sword in Fe4 to a dancer).

Shooters= free exp for your units / waste like 38.000 gold in forge to add +50hit% so that they can actualy hit something / cant cross mountains / lol mobility / lol M.def / dead meat in close range combats / useless in 90% of the situations since most maps are raiding and not defending / another 9% of the maps require fast mobility and have turn limits / cant promote / cant enter the arena (?) / good for wi fi battles only with small maps and regualr terrain

Dancer= frail / dies fast / lol evasion for dancer / needs constant protecting-shielding-support / makes 1 and only 1 unit to play again / army's dead weight / only good for arena abusing and nothing else

On a standard map (without arena) it's much better to have another solid unit that can hold on it's own.

Shooters= free exp for your units / waste like 38.000 gold in forge to add +50hit% so that they can actualy hit something / cant cross mountains / lol mobility / lol M.def / dead meat in close range combats / useless in 90% of the situations since most maps are raiding and not defending / another 9% of the maps require fast mobility and have turn limits / cant promote / cant enter the arena (?) / good for wi fi battles only with small maps and regualr terrain

Are you kidding? Ballisticians are incredible in maps that demand high mobility. As far as emergency units go, they're the best of the bunch.

If you give them a forge with insane hit, at least. I don't trust a 50% chance of missing in an emergency.

That's what I do :D. It's no like hit is expensive and doing one forge here and there isn't bad either.

Meh, for my regular playthroughs I do that usual obsessive hording thing, and I haven't done very many playthroughs of SD where I was trying to be efficient. And when I did, I was so conditioned against Shooters that I didn't use them, so...

But after this discussion, I think I'll try them again in my next playthrough.

According to the info here, it looks like there's a couple of ammos with decent hit rates, so a ridiculous forge shouldn't be needed. By the time my personal favorite ammo falls into my lap, I've leveled my long-range mayhem-maker up enough so that it has a pretty good chance of hitting. I worry more about my axe users than my Ballisticians.

So, has it actually been confirmed that there are no playable Ballisticians? 'Cause as for the class itself making a return...

untitled21.png

So, has it actually been confirmed that there are no playable Ballisticians? 'Cause as for the class itself making a return...

untitled21.png

that's odd. I guess the info wasn't confirmed, I guess some more gaidens to get Jake and Beck. Thanks man you really got my hopes up :)

Enemy Ballisticians have always been in FE3.

I suppose there's no confirmation that playable ones aren't in, but they are conveniently missing from the class list on the official site, whereas they were present in the FE DS official site's class list.

Enemy Ballisticians have always been in FE3.

I suppose there's no confirmation that playable ones aren't in, but they are conveniently missing from the class list on the official site, whereas they were present in the FE DS official site's class list.

Unless archers/snipers can wield ballistae again, they might be making a big mistake. I mean, if ballistician becomes enemy-only, an unfair advantage might be created. But if both sides can't use ballisticians, that will make chapter 5 either with no boss(which means no Doras in this case) or a Doras with a different class(or archer/sniper if the aforementioned class can use ballistae again) than shooter/ballistician, due to his shooter class being absent in FE12 as it wasn't in FE3. I wonder how they will handle that problem...

Edited by shadowjam

Unless archers/snipers can wield ballistae again, they might be making a big mistake. I mean, if ballistician becomes enemy-only, an unfair advantage might be created. But if both sides can't use ballisticians, that will make chapter 5 either with no boss(which means no Doras in this case) or a Doras with a different class(or archer/sniper if the aforementioned class can use ballistae again) than shooter/ballistician, due to his shooter class being absent in FE12 as it wasn't in FE3. I wonder how they will handle that problem...

You have classes that the enemy doesn't have however, not to mention the equipment. You have a dancer, and Lord. Can't think of aany other classes, but you have those in place of not having a Ballistician.

EDIT: Dancer, Lord, Commando/Freelancer, Divine Dragon.

Edited by AstraLunaSol

There are Shooters in FE12.

You don't get any on your side. Unless they for some reason decided to omit that class from the class list, while they included Falco Knights.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So reading the update I notice that all classes are back except Ballistician. I'm disappointed by this since Beck and Jake helped me out a lot of times with long range weapons.

The good side is that you get Feena which lets you move again. Though 2 characters for 1 is a bad deal.

Anyone agree?

They took out Ballistician??!!!! Guh. I loved abusing forged Ballistae

If there were playable Ballisticians some chapters would become incredibly easy. When there's an enemy formation that doesn't move unless you have a character in range of multiple enemies, you could simply get your Ballistician to attack the closest one from 10 range to make the enemy group move without having to put any unit in a dangerous position.

Edited by arvilino

They didn't take it out. There were never any playable ballisticians.

There were ballisticians in Shadow Dragon.

Edited by alexandreH1