Fire Emblem - Fūin no Tsurugi (Remake)

Superluigi

You seemed confused about why the Victory Road music was playing early. It's actually just an easy setting in the Chapter data that all GBAFEs have, just only FE6 ever used it. I think it's even editable in the NMMs, if I'm correct. Pretty sure I've changed it myself but eh.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 8 is basically finished, there are quite additions to this chapter that will probably be exclusive to the upcoming demo, unless the changes prove popular. Though you'll have to wait until the beta testing phase is finished before I release a patch.

[spoiler=Chapter 8 Screens]fesosscrns8.png

After a long hard think I have decided to scrap the idea of 'Al's mode' since his personal story line clashes allot with the original FE6.

In its place there will be some special BS style chapters split into two modes, Lycia and Bern respectively.

Al, and co will still make a few cameo appearances from time to time and few plot aspects and characters will be incorporated into the main story, nothing major mind you.

Edited by Superluigi

Wendy could stand to be a little wider, she's like Lilina's size but with plate armor on, makes her look anorexic. Slimming her down a bit was a good idea though (especially if she's gonna be a Cavalier).

You may want to adjust Cath's joining time, or Asthol's class, since they're now joining in the exact same chapter.

Edited by Silvercrow

Double Post... Shock, horror.

Still no patch, chapter 8 is nearly ready. You should have a patch by Monday afternoon (UK time).

And so this post isn't wasted, here are a few screens from the first BS style chapter that takes place before the events of FE6, during Bern's invasion of Sacae. A whole host of previously unplayable characters will join your party for this battle, including: Monke, Kel (Gel), Kabul, Brenya, Pereth and Gale, as you fight your way through the tribes of Sacae.

fesosscrnsspecialteaser.png

^ Pereth is the Boss of chapter 21x, he guards the Apocalypse spell.

Although the hack hasn't been fully beta-tested, I am confident that there are no major errors. So I am happy to announce the second patch release. If any errors are found please contact me immediately and I will have the patch fixed and updated.

Inside the file below is both the patch and a '.sav' file which will allow you to play on all three modes: Roy's story is on Eliwood's.

There is currently only one known error, in which the female cavalier battle animation messes up when equipped with a sword if you a staff on that particular unit. It's not game breaking but it's personally rather annoying.

Anyway enjoy:

New patch

Please note: I don't plan to release another patch until I reach the halfway mark in the story, which is chapter 12x, just so I don't get people asking when there will be a new release.

Credits:

Help and Support (both direct and indirect): Arch, shadowofchaos, Blazer, Nayr

Beta-testers: Seph1212 (and for his Let's Play), Xiltas

If I have missed you out, please just scream in my face and I'll add you to the list.

Edited by Superluigi

Just a few things I noticed, Damas(the first boss) has less speed than the generic fighters on the same chapter. Also, enemies don't have better stats on hard mode. Will this be adjusted by the final release?

Edited by Axefighter Barst

The only problem I've seen so far(ch.5) is that some of the bandits look like ninian. which may upset a certain person...

And why can't I trade with merlinus?

Bandit reinforcements with a horseslayer and a javelin.

And this... I have a feeling this has to do with the slim sword...

Edited by Dancer A

The objectives in the status screen seem to have been forgotten.

Loving the hack so far, I've gotten to Ch3.

Edited by General Archibald

I've fixed the slim sword problem and there are a few changes, Damas now has a little more speed and I've changed chapter 1's status screen objective, however I'm not sure how hard mode bonuses work, so for now hard mode will be roughly the same as normal mode.

New patch

Note: to get a '.sav' file to work, you'll need to rename it to match the patched file.