[OUTDATED] Elibian Nights

Arch

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit, I wasn't expecting an entire list from Pukachi! Good stuff from her, and from the comments in general. I've incorporated some of the things posted here already, making a dent in the number of free slots available. I'm down to 85 slots now :P:. I've focused mostly on unique weapons, but I'll start adding some more "series" weapons as a continue my "new item blitz."

pilum.png

I wasn't adding any unique lances, though, so I had to go steal an idea from Tear Ring Saga. The Pilum was a weapon used by Roman soldiers, thrown at an enemy's armor to pierce their defenses and stun them. So, now we've got a throwing lance that's effective against units sporting light armor.

Edited by Arch

It won't be held only by that NPC, of course. I just gave one to an NPC to make him useful, since that chapter's full of light-armored units.

I decided to cut the Cavaliers/Paladins a break, since they already had three mount-slaying weapons to worry about (plus, another mount-slayer would be boring). The Pilum is effective against Soldiers, Halberdiers, Heroes, Snipers, and Warriors. That covers everything with "light armor."

Edited by Arch

I decided to cut the Cavaliers/Paladins a break, since they already had three mount-slaying weapons to worry about (plus, another mount-slayer would be boring).

Except that mount slaying weapons are super weak and even with effective bonuses deal less damage than Silver weapons. The only one that can outdamage it's silver counterpart is the Halberd which is also far heavier and less accurate.

I decided to cut the Cavaliers/Paladins a break, since they already had three mount-slaying weapons to worry about (plus, another mount-slayer would be boring). The Pilum is effective against Soldiers, Halberdiers, Heroes, Snipers, and Warriors. That covers everything with "light armor."

like i said

a weapon that's 18 MT against common enemy types at 70 hit and 1-2 range is ridiculously good

It won't be held only by that NPC, of course. I just gave one to an NPC to make him useful, since that chapter's full of light-armored units.

I know Arch, not even you're that silly ;)

Keeping up the work. I'm waiting on some map palettes for Hector's tale to get the time phases complete, so I've moved on to Pent's tale in the meantime.

erksage.pngforblaze.pngnewtale4map-1.png

We've got a new map, and with it a radically altered chapter and gameplay. There's also a new Erk mug, reflecting his aging and promotion to Mage Knight. Excellent piece of work by the spriter, Niharu!

Edited by Arch

I agree that currently, it appears more pink than his original sprite :P I don't think anyone would really reference OA over the original sprite, though.

(needs to be darker, but just drop an RGB point or two on each color (R, G, and B) and it might look okay.)

Edited by Jubby

editing someones work without permission

lolol

hory shit i just saw that kent mug

Edited by Kaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

editing someones work without permission

lolol

hory shit i just saw that kent mug

Oh grow up. It's a screenshot, three colors changed for reference.

And you mean the Kent mug that I just made? With the embroidered armor and the ascot. :p

Blazer is a very anal person though. The slightest deviations from what he acknowledges a sprite as makes it look completely different.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080329230860/fireemblem/images/f/ff/Erk.jpg

Truth be told, a lot of FE7's sprites would look better modeled after their artwork.

Edited by The Illusive Man