Information topic (spoilers)

Growths don't always make the unit if the bases are mediocre. If that was the case Ests would be god tier.

Est isn't a good comparison because she has bases, just not availability. Ryan has the whole game ahead of him to turn into a good unit. I'm not necessarily saying he is worth the effort, but he can be good.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It required both Again Staves and both Rescue Staves, since Rescue isn't PRF anymore.

Here it is if you can read Chinese.

http://bbs.fireemblem.net/read.php?tid=204918&fpage=1

Yeah but once you reach P-6 you'll be able to fill your deployment slots with units better than Ryan.

I'm pretty sure since that person wanted to use Ryan, he kept him on the deployment slots.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Yeah but once you reach P-6 you'll be able to fill your deployment slots with units better than Ryan.

Like with who? Gordin (if you got him)? Ryan blows him out of the water. It's all a matter of opinion, however.

Edited by Kelsper

Ryan remains a reliable chipper through the prologue. Sure, there are better choices than him, but the same goes for a lot of people that can be useful.

It required both Again Staves and both Rescue Staves, since Rescue isn't PRF anymore.

Here it is if you can read Chinese.

http://bbs.fireemble...=204918&fpage=1

Right, forgot that there's 2 again staves this time around. Wonder if it could've worked with Sirius as a Sniper using Parthia since that maxed Marth left Medeus with just 3 HP after the second attack.

Edited by Sirius

Right, forgot that there's 2 again staves this time around. Wonder if it could've worked with Sirius as a Sniper using Parthia since that maxed Marth left Medeus with just 3 HP after the second attack.

I don't think there are any Again Staffers left, since Sirius was required to get Nyna, who, like most of the bishops, are there to Recover Marth.

Edit: Actually, now that I think about it, it's plausible.

Unless 10 move both times is required to get there.

I don't think there are any Again Staffers left, since Sirius was required to get Nyna, who, like most of the bishops, are there to Recover Marth.

He wouldn't need the Again Staff used on him, he recruits Nyna and attacks with Parthia on the same turn it happens. Again staff was probably needed to get him close to Nyna as a Sorcerer anyway.

Did the math, wouldn't be doable. He'd have to be a Paladin or Dracoknight with Gradius and deliver the final blow or dodge one of his attacks or crit.

Edited by Sirius

Oh right. Forgot about the talk then attack thing. Been playing GBA too much.

As a Socerer he was required to use the Rescue staff for someone else Merric (who rescue-staff'd Marth), however.

As a Socerer he was required to use the Rescue staff for someone else Merric (who rescue-staff'd Marth), however.

Only because in his version of the strategy, Marth needed to attack 3 times so Nyna was stuck to using a Recover Staff on him. If that wasn't the case, Sirius could trade the Rescue staff to her right after the conversation and still attack.

If you picked Gordin over Athena you're doing it wrong.

You have to remember that in reverse, ranged killing blows are far more useful than a killing blow in melee, except if the enemy is an archer or 1-2 range. This makes units such as Gordin or Ryan far better in reverse. Merric too. Since Athena is 2 rounded most of the time, giving her a killing blow means that she is killed if another enemy is in range. Not good. I'd say they're comparable in reverse, or perhaps Gaggles is actually better. Jeorge would be an easier boss in reverse too I imagine; archers would be far easier to fight than merms (since reverse doesn't really change them) and Jeorge is easy to surround.

Maybe I'm wrong though. :D

Well after playing all +/- 12 chapters on all modes I must say, Hard Mode 1 is my choise of play...

I can still chose units late that they don't become useless and require lot less babing... Not so Easy like normal mode that takes all the sense of Danger, and not Lunatic that I need to plan All my Strategis including Reclass...

I think Hard Mode 1 is balanced enough.

Hard Mode is essentially the standard Fire Emblem experience. You only really die from small screwups. Otherwise, basic strategy makes the game your bitch.

Looks like I'll be sticking with Normal Mode then...

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Looks like I'll be sticking with Normal Mode then...

I think Celice's definition of the "standard Fire Emblem experience" is a little too tough for most Fire Emblem players. I'm fairly sure that most casual players dislike strategy games that require pinpoint precision because they like to think about their actions, but not think too much.

Of course, I personally think that precision is what a strategy game should be all about. I get a thrill from low turning chapters in 0% growths because I get that feeling that I discovered the sole way to do it.

Just want to ask this here, but would Rody be considered part of the Abel archetype while Luke is of the Cain archetype?

I'm thinking of the archetypes this way(or, at least how the three's stats are distributed, average-wise):

Luke is the closest thing to having Kain's build(excluding Kain himself). He has a 90% HP and a 60% Strength growth, the highest of the three starting cavaliers and the best durability. However, he has the lowest spd/skl growths of the three.

Cecil is the closest to having Abel's build(again, excluding Abel). She has the highest spd/skl growths, but the lowest str growth of the three. Her durability is also ass, which is a characteristic of most Abel characters(19 HP/5 Def with a 70%/30% growth, respectively, on a melee unit is beyond terrible).

Rody,...I'd guess he's a bit like Freyr. He has the highest stat growth distribution of the trio, but the worst overall bases(it was this way in the original, as well)

Cain was actually the one with higher skill/speed growth, while Abel had higher strength growth. :\

Rody was originally almost identical to book 1 Abel. Rody had the same growth (minus 10 WLV growth). He also had similar albeit lower bases. However, I think the presence of Cain and Abel themselves overrides the possibility of anyone else "being a Cain or Abel".

Not sure if this has been posted, but I seem to have found a penalty on Casual mode. In the ending...

...there are several conversations between all the characters, however, it seems that if you let someone die on Casual Mode, the conversation involving that character won't show up.