Your first Fire Emblem experience

DomDaDude

Your first fire emblem game  

88 members have voted

1. 1. What was the first fire emblem game you've played?

• FE1-6(You knew about it already)
    • Fire Emblem (Blazing sword) GBA
    • Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones
    • Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
    • Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
    • Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon

My first FE game was Path of Radiance wish i rent from the store. I was pretty young (too young) and i was one of those smash bros fanboy kids(that still haunts me today) so i heard about the name. ._. :mellow::awesome:

At least i didnt overuse Titania because i immediatly saw how she didnt get much exp. I also killed Rhys in 1 or 2 chapters after i got him ._. I got to like chapter 8 and gave it back to the store. When Radiant Dawn came out i really got into it :D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I...played Radiant Dawn several years ago....The DB chapter were my bane. I let so many people on my team die, I didn't understand the importance of keeping them alive.

I loved Roy in SSBM and I read that he was in Fire Emblem. I downloaded the ROM (FE7) and I liked it. I did horribly by my standards today, but I enjoyed it.

Blazing Sword was the first I played, thanks to Super Smash Brothers in lettign now FE existed XD. I vaguely remember now that playthrough, but I do remember I never reached Lundgren before starting over (the only one who 'died' was Kent... and I think Florina too, but can't remember well if so :/).

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Um... This is in the wrong section.

Anyways, my first game was Path of Radiance, which I bought from Target during a day off. Although I don't remember much, I do remember the BK being a bit of a pain. (And I accidentally let Boyd die. After I learned he couldn't come back, I pretty much restarted the chapter.)

After beating it though, I went and got Sacred Stones from the same Target store. And then months later (like right around my birthday), I bought Blazing Sword used from Gamestop. My reasons for doing so at the time was unlocking art galleries and trial maps.

I knew that FE existed though thanks to SSBM. (But I had enough common sense to know that Marth and Roy weren't in every single FE game. I had a feeling that Eliwood was related to Roy though, and now I know how.) I had planned on getting FE7 when it came out, but didn't do so unfortunately.

Edited by LittleAl

My first FE game was Sacred Stones. It looked fun since it was my first exposure to the FE series. Then, I started looking into other FE games(after I saw another FE game on CheatCC)

My first was the first one out here. :awesome:

Florina died on like Chapter 8 from the balista, and when she said she broke her arm, I though she would come back. >_>

I think it took me a month to clear Lyn mode too. But that was like 7 years ago. >_>

Fire Emblem Gaiden, on an NES emulator, back in 2003.

I got up to the horse archer boss on Alm's route, and... to say Gazel (the bow knight) was difficult was an understatement. He was fast, struck with near-lethal force, and it got to the point where I signed up at an FE board just to ask how to beat him.

And that FE board was where I also learned what Fire Emblem was really about (turn-based strategy as opposed to a traditional RPG, as I first thought it was).

I first played Blazing Sword, about a year after it first came out. My first character to die was Sain. On my first playthrough, ALL the units I brought with me to the final chapter died except for the Lords and Athos. I had a lot of trouble beating Limstella and the Fire Dragon. That was because I had promoted my units as soon as they reached Level 10, so they had crappy stats. I barely leveled my Lords as well. On subsequent playthroughs, I learned that units would turn out much better if I leveled them to 20 and then promoted them. I also started to heavily favor the Lords. I figured that since the game ends if they die, might as well make them as strong as possible. Oswin ended up being my strongest unit though, that is why to this day General is my favorite Fire Emblem class. I nearly crapped myself when at the end of the game, Eliwood yelled "Roy!" and I got to see ROY! From Super Smash Bros! But as a little guy, of course.

Back in the day, I didn't have this site, and I didn't use guides, so I had to figure out Fire Emblem on my own for the most part. Obviously, I missed a lot of bonus content. I didn't know a damn thing about "tier lists" either. I played just to enjoy the game, and still do.

Sacred Stones. I sucked so much the first time I played, because I didn't wanna play easy mode. Also only used Seth, but wasn't that bad, were it any other games, I would be boned for the later chapters for using the jeigan.

PoR, lend by a cousin.

Actually, I was grounded for a week and I asked my brother to get it for me. I had heard of the series and wanted to test it.

My bro began playing a bit, lost Rhys, then Soren, then Boyd, then Oscar, and I thought of it funny until I realized they were gone forever (I did not took time readin the booklet or anything).

After my punishment, I played it and got around easy mode really well for a beginner and with a lot of luck in stats, until I faced BK later on. I don't know why, but then I looked carefully at the difficulty and noticed it was Normal, which lifeted my spirit right away.

Since that game, I began playing all of the GBA, the Wii one, and the DS (waiting for the ne one still). I also began searching for the older ones and played them until I lost track of it, without finishing none of the Snes era.

My friend lent me Sacred Stones.

I sucked at it at first, as I somehow let Tana and Duessel die (Duessel against Endgame Lyon, however) and didn't get Cormag. :<

But I had Seth and managed to get it through.

And that was the start of my Seth love.

So I played the other games, but the characters didn't have as big of an impact on me as SS characters did, simply because they were the first I encountered.

Until I got to wincest Seisen.

First one I played was Blazing Sword. Played it as a rom and two weeks later I actually played it on my DS. gee_wiz_emoticon.gif (Back in 07 or 08)

Even though I was new to the series I NEVER had anyone die. (NEVER!!!!!) I got used to it I guess and never used Marcus on my first PT (He never grew in anything so I said screw him.) And I picked my characters based on personality (which I still do( gee_wiz_emoticon.gif) or on how much stats they grew in. Also on my 2nd or 3rd PT I kept on wondering what the phuck it meant when I pressed R on Luck. (This affects many things (I think thats it not sure). Anyways I tried to figure out how it tied to anything and 1 week later BAM I had the hit,avoid,cri avoid equations done. (I'm awesome.) Another week later I had most of the equations done so I felt even more gee_wiz_emoticon.gif. (Had no internet help btw.) LOVED THE SUPPORT CONVERSATION. XD

(WHY RADIANT DAWN WHY!?!?!?)

I've noticed that Smash Bros is a great way to advertise. XD (Anyone else notice?) Wasn't Roy in Melee to promote the release of Sword of Seals in Japan?

I'm surprised how few people were playing the Japanese games.. Anyway, I'm not one of them. I just picked up Fire Emblem BS at a Target upon investigation of its box art. I remember sitting in the car watching the opening sequence (the music in that opening sequence is some of the best in the series) and knowing I made the right choice. I had been standing in the electronics section holding two RPGs trying to figure out which one to get. I'm glad I got FE.

Ironically, this is how I was exposed to most games back then, and it worked out well every time.

I first heard of Fire Emblem from SSBM like a lot of people. Then when Blazing Sword came out stateside, I decided to pick it up. I had never played any game like it before so it was a new experience. My first playthrough I ended up abusing Marcus :X And my final team consisted of Marcus, Hawkeye, Harken, Jaffar, Rath, Pent, Canas, and the lords, including a severely underleveled Eliwood. I also ended up promoting my units early more often than not (Damn you, Wallace and your tricks). But we all have to start somewhere I guess :newyears:

My first one was both FE8 and FE9. My buddy had both of them, told me a bit about the games before I actually borrowed them, so I knew about the perma-death and stuff. Somehow, I loaded up FE9, started to play a bit and hated it, then found FE8 much better or something... At least right off the bat.

At first I didn't check durability so I didn't know about Seth's lance being able to break, so I wasted 10 uses on random bandits. Also managed to get Vanessa killed without noticing it... *Didn't notice until the "KIA" ending. XD On Ch 2, no less.

Oh God, I vaguely remember my first play through of Fire Emblem. Shortly after SSBM, my brother picked up Blazing Sword. I was uninterested at that time because I was stupid and didn't really know how to choose my own games. gee_wiz_emoticon.gif I fed Marcus kills, let people get killed off without remorse, had a wonderfully leveled Eliwood (11) and promoted Erk at lvl 13. Facepalm_emote_gif.gif I had to restart at about 26x XD.gif

I picked up Blazing Sword because I thought Eliwood was cute. <_<

It might have ended that way, if Rath wasn't introduced so early. I fell in love with him instead, and as a result, had a few decent units in my first Endgame. Athos did most of the work, though.

Wasn't thrilled with FE8, loved FE9 (thank you, Ranulf), thought FE10 was a little too chaotic (Ranulf is still awesome), and am currently fangirling over FEDS and New Mystery. Oh, the parodies I'll write once I'm comfortable with New Mystery!

Maybe this time, Tomas will have a personality, so I can stop arbitrarily assigning him one.

I realised Sain wasn't coming back so I erased my game after chapter 3 or 4.

When I got to the end of Lyn's mode I solo'd that level with Wallace.

Also I remember getting Oswin to kill Harken because I din't think talking would do any good :facepalm:

Well, I played FE8 first, but my first experience was helping my mate beat PoR. As it was our collective first experience we didn't beat Endgame, and there was much carnage and wasted BEXP. After that I beat FE8. I had by then encountered GameFAQs, shrugged that they knew better (or something like that anyway) and used dudes like Duessel anyway. Myrrh and Hero!Gerik were my endgame workhorses, collectively destroying the endgame...although I confess I made somewhat of a meal of it. Anyway, with this new victory under my belt, I swaggered over to my mate's house as the most experienced by default, and convinced him to start FE9 anew. Anyway, we beat it this time, and, well, the rest (namely, my Jeremy Clarkson-like playstyle) is history.

I played FE7 for over a year before I got a emulator to play

FE8. Damn, that was one historic moment when THAT happened...

The first time I played FE7, I got stuck on the level where

you have to fight Georg in the fire cave. I gave up and

started over.

Final chapter: Light was a killer at first, but now, it's

a snap to beat.

When I first played Fire Emblem, it was my friends so I got as far as beating Lyn Mode. I remember being such a casual gamer, not caring who I use, and training everyone. Not caring who died was another thing. Then I got Shadow Dragon, and I really started to love Fire Emblem, its now my favorite game.