On a scale from 1 to 10

Strawman

Seriously. Here is the dumbness I have committed. Today, I joined the cross country team despite the fact I haven't run since maybe the 6th grade when I played soccer and was...chubby.

So anyways, there I was, an average but definitely not fit Senior who had never played a sport in school. Of course I am the slowest runner and can barely keep up with the 2nd slowest runner, a junior girl.

So, how dumb of a decision is that? It will probably end up fine and be good in the long run. It will definitely get me in better shape. But, is it really worth it??

.........If you were expecting a semi serious answer, you might've wanted this to be put in General?

Anyway, depends, a lot can happen in a year, who knows, if you are planning to improve yourself, this is great. After school curriculars will help.

I say. 2/10? There's that chance that you'll be pushed too far and just give up.

Holy shit I made a post in FFtF that will probably help someone.

Nothing stupid about it if you're trying to improve yourself. I actually just got back from Cross Country and I'm not very athletic either.

I'm doing it to improve myself and I don't really care about the competitions.

I really don't know how to rate this. I'll just say 10/10 for getting up and exercising.

Oh really? Haha. I don't feel like changing it though. So he'll just have to live with my bad grading. Or just disregard the whole thing.

Well I can't. Now that I have been called completely dumb, my life is no longer worth living.

I 'd say 3/10.

At least you found something to do. Chess club is the only thing I've joined. I would join a sport but none interests me except one and they don't offer it. :sob:

Chess club is worthy dude. I am so badass and I play chess, so its okay for everyone else to play as well. And its really fun honestly.

Oh! Now there is something I could do, except actually not! Too late to sign up for cross-country for me! Even then, I tend to have a range of handling a mile decently to struggling 1/4 of a mile. I think I'd at least be decent in durable running if I worked at it hard enough. I'm not fast at all, so that part would do me no good!

Aww... I'm on the cross country team this year at my high school. Unfortunately, I feel way worse than I did last year. Last year, I could run a 5k in 20 minutes. That's not happening anymore since it feels like I pulled some muscles. Ugh, and I never pulled anything last year.

Oh well. Keep going, TC!

Oh, and my high school seems to be getting a big head, since it's the only one in the state that cracked the top 30 in Newsweek's Best High School list. Stupid rankings... :(

Pfeh. Cross country is and always has been easy. It's endurance, not speed, after all. Just train yourself on off days. A three by my book.

I've never been a good endurance runner. A mile without stopping was pretty much my limit in high school, which was good, because that was the final thing to do.

But then, I was always in average shape. I suppose if I'd actually cared to run around as a kid, PE would have been more amusing. But fuck that, man, exercise is for the weak.

I've never been a good endurance runner. A mile without stopping was pretty much my limit in high school, which was good, because that was the final thing to do.

But then, I was always in average shape. I suppose if I'd actually cared to run around as a kid, PE would have been more amusing. But fuck that, man, exercise is for the weak.

Then again, maybe I just liked to think of myself as good with endurance when I was actually just crap at sprints. I'm kind of bad with both, actually. The only sport I'm good with considers guys like C.C. Sabathia to be elite athletes. Guy can pitch, sure, but...wouldn't trust him in any sort of race. Always been thin and out-of-shape, and it's a style that'll never go out of fashion.

Chess club is worthy dude. I am so badass and I play chess, so its okay for everyone else to play as well. And its really fun honestly.

Chess doesn't always determine the personality of the person who plays it though. I've seen.... unique people play chess.