what is better?

Wyvern Knight for Link Arena. Otherwise, it's probably Wyvern Lord since the extra SPD is probably more redundant than the additional STR and DEF.

EDIT: Right, the additional SPD from WK would be better if promoting early and going through the game fast.

Edited by Sirius

My view on this debate:

There are only a few reasons why you would want to promote Cougar into a wyvern knight. One is that WK has a 28 speed cap(DM has 23) and the other is the +3 speed promo bonus. I usually promote him into a dragon master because he arguably fits the DM caps better than the WK caps(he reaches the DM str cap by 20/10 IIRC, and I'm using 20/10 as an acceptable endgame level), and I don't remember anything in SS(or CC) that 23 speed can't double if I'm not mistaken. Also, swords>pierce. Why? Pierce has a shaky proc rate(lolUnit level%)but you are always able to equip a sword if you have one(IIRC, he starts off able to use iron blades as a dragon master, and has 12 con so he doesn't lose AS from it.)

In link arena, though, you will want that 28 speed cap since everything and their mom has 27+ AS and can double DM's.

Wyvern Knight, for the extra speed. Cormag's only shaky point is his speed, so being able to fix it instantly through promotion is nice.

Wyvern Knight is also desirable for Tana and Vanessa since it gets the most CON. Now, that's potentially a double-edged sword, since it prevents them from rescuing 13 and 14CON characters, but not many good characters fall into that category in the first place, at least if you're promoting them with efficiency in mind.

Wyvern Knight's speed is only very helpful, though, in efficiency. If you're willing to put him through the tower to get him up to speed (I swear, I didn't intend for that pun to be there) then Dragonlord is probably better if for no other reason than it gives him WTA. In efficiency, WK's speed means he can promote at around level 11 and be good for the rest of the game, though.

He's the only potential Wyvern Lord asides from his brother who you can only unlock in creature campaign. Asides from that you get Vanessa and Tana earlier. Personally for me these are the reasons why I would just promote him into a Wyvern Lord instead. I prefer Wyvern Knights over Falcoknights.

Speed isn't as important in the story as it is in Link Arena so it all depends on what you're after. Usually all of your characters will outspeed around 90% of the opponents in the story so with this and my stated reasons above, I say Wyvern Lord :)

I personally like Cormag as a Wyvern Lord... gotta love watching enemies go "TINK" on his UBER-defense...

As for the ladies... go Wyvern Knight, the lovely CON! the lovely SPD! Watch the ladies kill enemies up close with close combat lances... do not use ranged spears or else the cursed glitch will come and get you!

Wyvern Knight's speed is only very helpful, though, in efficiency. If you're willing to put him through the tower to get him up to speed (I swear, I didn't intend for that pun to be there) then Dragonlord is probably better if for no other reason than it gives him WTA. In efficiency, WK's speed means he can promote at around level 11 and be good for the rest of the game, though.

WTA on Dragonlord isn't that useful, though. You already have Axes covered with Axereavers, and generally Lances are superior to swords. I would say that it honestly doesn't matter which one you promote to if you're not playing efficiently, since if you're putting him through the tower, he's going to curbstomp everything anyway.

I usually leave Cormag as a Wyvern Knight. The speed cap is more useful, IMO, and it's not like he's getting hit with much in the first place anyway. The girls usually go as Falcos. I don't find Pierce to be of any use. Really, though, it's SS. Anyone can be made into a good character with the Tower/Ruins and statboosters.

I usually NEVER promote to WK. I dont like the sprite and i dont really like that class. I prefer Falcon Knights because of sword use and Triangle attack. Cormag as a WL is better in the long run. Sure he gets more speed as a WK but meh. Sword use.