Mafia HQ 2.0

Percivalé

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either way, I'll probably start sign-ups this week.

Despite my college giving me the run around and knocking me down from a full-time student to a part-time student, I should still be able to finish what needs to be finished (flavor, mostly) before the end of the week.

Whoever wants to check your game.

MEANWHILE I STILL NEED ANOTHER CHECKER. COME ON GUYS

... 13th when the hell did you ask to host a game? :/:

Edited by Reinfleche

So he's at the bottom of the list and wants his game checked already? Probably not necessary, but...

Also I want a status check on Psych's game that there's been like zero news of and WoMC Mafia 2.

Edited by Reinfleche

Put my game to the side for now and I need a co-mod.

I could probably doing that for you, so long as it isn't mid-June

I'm announcing that I'm preparing Itemafia to run on this board. Itemafia has the following major rules:

- Factions: 1 Mafia, 1 Town, 2-3 Competing Neutral Thieves

- Roles: No Roles, other than Neutral Thieves (covered later) and 1 Kill for the Mafia team

- Items: All "roles" are done through items, which are randomly acquired by "searching" in a location on a grid map. Every night, in addition to any other night actions, players can search a location for items. If a player searches a location with an item, they receive that item. For priority, barring the influence of any effects, the first person to send in their PM gets priority on the item found, and if multiple people search the same area, the earliest timestamp gets the item, with all remaining people receiving a notice that an item was found at that location by another player.

- Mafia Composition - 3-5 Mafia, 1 "Marked Man". In lieu of a Night 0 kill, the Mafia gets to recruit one non-mafia member to join their team.

- Neutrals: Thieves. Thieves compete against one another with two goals: Survive the game, and have the largest Item Value at the end of the game. Items have value in addition to power, so some items are worth more than others. These thieves do not count for game end parity checks. For example: If at the end of the game there are 7 players: 3 mafia, 2 town, 2 thieves, the game is over in the favor of the Mafia, and the thieves count as having survived until the end of the game. Thieves have 3 powers: Steal, which steals a random item from the target; Follow, which follows the target and seizes any items they find during the night; Flee, which removes the player from the game permanently, preventing them from being killed but preventing them from accruing any additional items as well. Thieves do not naturally know the identity of either the other thieves or the mafia.

- Ratio: 2 Mafia::1 Thief::5 Town. This is approximate, but in a 24 man game, this would result in 6 mafia (1 marked), 3 thieves, and 15 villagers.

I'd be willing to field any questions that I would be able to answer, but I won't be divulging information about what items are available or any other information about the game.

Credentials-wise, I've both hosted and played games since 2005-06 on other boards, and have been fairly active in mafia in general. I took a bit of a hiatus, but I've still got my chops.

The 'marked man' is the simply recruited player, correct? I like the idea of recruiting on the first night instead of killing, since that means people get to play a little longer (being killed Night One is no fun).

24 players is somewhat high for SF, though. It might be better to tweak the numbers more for the 16-19 player range.