[FE11] Drafting Tournament VI or The After-Christmas Sale

eclipse

I exist to scare everyone, and this tournament is no exception. First, generic ruleset:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=24029&view=findpost&p=1385997

Changes and additional rules:

0. This will be done on H2, so that whoever got stuck with Gordin doesn't take forever and a day on Chapter 3.

1. Shopping - You get one unit for shopping (named or generic). If said unit ends up dead/falling out of favor/etc., feel free to replace him/her/it.

2. Wi-fi Shop - EXTREMELY limited use of the Wi-fi Shop. . .but with penalties! The penalties will apply after you're done with your run. (unless I see an amazingly good reason why this shouldn't be allowed, it stays. . .and not everyone having access to the Shop doesn't count as a good reason, due to the penalties each item carries)

- Master Keys: I'm not making thieves free for everyone. Take a 10 turn penalty per set that you buy.

- Pure Water: If you really feel like shooting yourself in the foot, it's a 3 turn penalty per bottle.

- Elysian Whip: As if the Wi-fi Shop didn't hate Falcoknights enough! If you insist on having a flying sword unit, it's a 15 turn penalty per Whip.

3. Warping - You thought the Wi-Fi shop was limited? Warping is only allowed in one situation:

- Chapter 17: You are allowed to warp one unit, at any time, into the treasure room. This unit must survive the map.

You are allowed to defenestrate and sell the Warp Staff. All other usage is prohibited.

4. Forging - Not allowed. Ever. Save your money for better things.

5. Undrafted units - Due to the gaiden requirements, you are allowed to kill off your unused units, in any manner you please. Other than your (maybe) designated shopper, and recruiting, that's all they're allowed to do. This game has the option to disarm your otherwise armed units, so USE IT!

6. Time frame - During drafting, please respond (or have someone else do it) within 24 hours of the last post (exception is New Year's Eve - don't get drunk!). For the tournament itself, post a log or some indication that you're alive at least once a week. This requirement ends when you finish the tournament. If you decide to copy me and withhold your ending logs, please post indicating that you're doing that, and be prepared for a log dump at a moment's notice. Each day after that one week that you don't post means a 20 turn penalty per day. If you're in the middle of another draft tournament, for the love of chicken, please finish that one first!

7. Resetting - Feel free to reset if any of your draftees die. Please don't abuse resetting to get a 1% critical, followed by a boss miss, followed by another critical. It looks silly. Oh, and please don't clock abuse your units (they don't deserve it).

8. Starting before the draft is over - Do you really want to do that with an incomplete rule set?

9. YOU USE THE TEAM IN THE SPOILER MARKED "THIS IS WHAT YOUR TOURNAMENT TEAM IS!"

Since this is H2, Frey and Norne are not available, which means I throw in a few more free units to even everything out. Here's the free unit list:

Marth, Jagen, Gotoh/Nagi, Bantu, Samson, Arran

If I did my counting right, that's 10 units for everyone. So. . .

[spoiler=This is what you picked]1. eclipse - Cain, Wendell, Draug, Caesar, Roshea, Dolph, Darros, Etzel, Xane, Gaggles

2. Integrity - Caeda, Sedgar, Catria, Midia, Radd, Green Skittle, Astram, Rickard, Jake, Matthis

3. Grithalmur - Abel, Castor, Cord, Athena, Linde, Roger, Wrys, Jeorge, Boah, Est

4. hithere1 - Julian, Barst, Beck, Palla, Navarre, Lena, Vyland, Lorenz, Macellan, Elice

5. Xander - Ogma, Minerva, Hardin, Bord, Wolf, Merric, Maria, Horace, Tiki, Ymir

I then put your position numbers in random.org, with the only condition being that no one gets their own team. Therefore. . .

[spoiler=THIS IS WHAT YOUR TOURNAMENT TEAM IS!]1. eclipse - Ogma, Minerva, Hardin, Bord, Wolf, Merric, Maria, Horace, Tiki, Ymir

2. Integrity - Cain, Wendell, Draug, Caesar, Roshea, Dolph, Darros, Etzel, Xane, Gaggles

3. Grithalmur - Julian, Barst, Beck, Palla, Navarre, Lena, Vyland, Lorenz, Macellan, Elice

4. hithere1 - Abel, Castor, Cord, Athena, Linde, Roger, Wrys, Jeorge, Boah, Est

5. Xander - Caeda, Sedgar, Catria, Midia, Radd, Green Skittle (a.k.a Tomas), Astram, Rickard, Jake, Matthis

[spoiler=All done!]

1. eclipse - Finished, 205 turns

2. Integrity - Finished, 219 turns

3. Grithalmur - Finished, 296 turns (I'm happy that you made it!)

4. hithere1 (as played by Xander me) - 220 turns

5. Xander - Finished, 223 turns

Edited by eclipse

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that was fast!

If I didn't specify something in the Wi-Fi shop section, you can't buy it.

Now, on to drafting. . .

Since I'm first, and I'm the cutest one here, I'll take Cain.

Since I'm first, and I'm the cutest one here, I'll take Cain.

<--

Give me one of Caeda.

EDIT: I would also like to draft Trim the Pegasus Knight as my shopper for her exemplary service in the H3 Draft. i l u trim

Edited by Integrity

Anything you get in-game via regular/secret shops or boss drops is fair game (I outlined usage of the Warp staff, so follow that).

Xander, you need to pick Ogma and Someone Else!

Edited by eclipse

Is it too late to sign up?

Btw, my other runs are active, I'm just cataloging a lot of things so I can post all my updates at once. Also, Ch.24 in H5 is a bitch. Seriously. It is. If you have any doubts, too bad.

I'm not sleeping.

EDIT: I would also like to draft Trim the Pegasus Knight as my shopper for her exemplary service in the H3 Draft. i l u trim

If your Trim decides to be Male Set B I will laugh. So hard.

By the by, Clipsey, you forgot something major in the OP:

The list of characters still available.

:P

I'll get my grubby grubby mitts on Sedgar.

Absolutely not! I'm not typing that mess out!

List available after I thin it by picking Wendell and Draug.

Edited by eclipse