[FE11] Drafting Tournament VI or The After-Christmas Sale

eclipse

Finally started! Nothing's more fun that doing the first chapter with only Marth and Jagen!

Chapter 1 - 18/18

Marth needs to do push-ups.

Jagen alternated between Silver Lance and Iron Sword to take out the swarm. Marth grabbed kills where he could. In the process, Jagen leveled, and got a vital HP gain. Then, the oh-so-stupid FIRST BOSS. Due to Jagen's 23 HP, he was able to attack and receive, if you will, and survive. Marth did some extra poking, and Jagen got the boss kill. By the time the map was over, Marth was at 2 HP and Jagen was at 1 HP.

Meatshields will be used later.

Name      Class       Level   HP   STR   MAG   SKL   SPD   LUK   DEF   RES
Marth     Lord         3.01   20    5     0     3     7     8     7     0
Jagen     Paladin      3.15   23    8     1    10     8     1     9     6

Chapter 2 - 18/36

The good news: Bord and Ogma join me.

The bad news: Marth still sucks.

This should have been 17 turns, because an entire turn was spent between Jagen and the boss missing each other. The only reason why I kept this one is because Jagen got a godly level as an apology.

Marth     Lord         4.28   21    5     0     3     8     9     7     0
Jagen     Paladin      4.17   23    8     1    10     9     2    10     6
Ogma      Mercenary    6.16   24    7     0    11    12     3     6     0
Bord      Fighter      3.40   21    8     0     4     7     1     5     0

Chapter 3 - 12/48

I'm so glad I've got Bord and not Cord.

Grabbed the Devil Axe, then had Bord whack a Fighter over the head with it (without killing himself in the process). Cleaned those guys up, took out the rest, and ran towards the boss. Two pokes from Ogma, and one Silver Lance later, and I had the throne.

Vulnerary uses left - 3. I will need all of them shortly, no thanks to Marth's awful Strength.

Marth     Lord         5.09   22    5     0     3     9    10     8     0
Jagen     Paladin      4.57   23    8     1    10     9     2    10     6
Ogma      Mercenary    7.03   25    8     0    11    12     4     6     0
Bord      Fighter      4.30   22    8     0     5     8     2     6     0

EDIT: Formatting and grammar fail

Edited by eclipse

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Yes, you do. That is why I'm keeping Marth the Failure.

Okay everyone, pay close attention to what the hell the next few chapters hold!

===

Chapter 4 - 11/59

Reclassed Jagen to Bishop.

Barst + Knight + Fort = tinks all around. I had him keep the Fighters busy while everyone else pushed to the left. Had Marth get as many kills as possible, so his awful, awful stats have a chance to improve. Grabbed Merric, who proceeded to rain Excalibur hell down on a lot of unsuspecting units.

I could've probably done this a little faster, but Merric's right where I want him.

Marth     Lord         7.18   23    7     0     4     9    11     8     0
Jagen     Bishop       5.07   23    2     4     7     6     3     5     8
Ogma      Mercenary    7.71   25    8     0    11    12     4     6     0
Bord      Fighter      5.08   22    9     0     5     8     3     6     0
Merric    Mage         1.96   Base everything

Chapter 5 - 6/65

Reclassed Merric to Cavalier and Ogma to Pirate. I'm desperate.

Wound up resetting a few times due to Jagen's untimely demise.

This little tidbit of information came in handy for this chapter:

(hint: I didn't say anything about recruiting non-drafted characters. . .)

With 9 DEF, not much made Merric flinch. With 5 STR, the enemy thought Merric was joking. Stupid stand-off, commence!

The Wolfguard shuffled their supplies before leaving. Two of the archers were slow enough to be ORKO'd by Hardin. Meanwhile, Bord and Marth booked it over the bridge, with a couple of shields to take blows. As for that hint mentioned earlier? I wanted the Barrier staff with the least amount of effort. The rules (mine and the general ones) do not prohibit this!

Oh, the boss went down to a EP Hammer and a thwack with the Devil Axe. Man, that thing's useful!

Marth     Lord         7.58   23    7     0     4     9    11     8     0
Jagen     Bishop       5.35   23    2     4     7     6     3     5     8
Ogma      Pirate       8.29   28    9     0     4     8     5     5     0
Bord      Fighter      6.00   23    9     0     6     8     3     6     0
Merric    Cavalier     2.46   23    6     0     5     9     4    10     0
Wolf      Horseman     3.37   Base everything
Hardin    Cavalier     6.66   Base everything (I think)

Chapter 6 - 11/76

Computer randomly blue screened right before I was about to type this chapter out.

Reclassed Jagen to Paladin and Wolf to Sorcerer.

The object of this map was to kill the thieves before they could run off with my goodies. Killing Edge is not a goody, so I let the thief run off.

Bord's job was to march to the boss, with Marth and Wolf in tow. Hardin, Jagen, and Merric killed what they could. Ogma smacked stuff with his axe. The boss was hit with the Hammer, Devil Axe, and Hardin's Javelin, in that order.

The only reset was a start-from-scratch reset when I realized that my positioning would cause me to lose half my draft during the enemy phase.

Marth     Lord         7.94   23    7     0     4     9    11     8     0
Jagen     Paladin      5.96   23    8     2    10     9     3    10     6
Ogma      Pirate       8.95   28    9     0     4     8     5     5     0
Bord      Fighter      7.52   24   10     0     6     8     3     6     0
Merric    Cavalier     3.59   24    7     0     6     9     5    10     0
Wolf      Sorcerer     3.95   24    2     2     2     4     5     4     4
Hardin    Cavalier     9.32   25    9     0     9    10     3     9     1

Edited by eclipse

Chapter 1-16/16

Had a lot of trouble, I had Jagen use baiting technique to draw out enemies while Abel and Marth defeated them, Wyrs healed people so no one died, and for the boss I got a silver lance crit.

Name	Class  LV    HP  STR  MG  SKL  SPD  LCK   DEF  RES  
Marth   Lord  	3.01  20  5    0   4    8   8    7  0    
Abel    Cavalier 2.60  21  7    0   8    8   2 	7 0    
Jagen   Paladin  2.57  22  7    1   10   8  1   9 6    
Wrys    Curate   1.51  Base (everything)

Edited by hithere1

Chapter 6x - 8

Sedgar got his first level up, and I ignored Athena

Chapter 7- 7

I reclassed Jagen to Draco and ignored Bantu. A generic went shopping and bought hand axes, x1 Steel sword and x1 Steel Bow.

Chapter 8- 6

Caesar buys Rapier, Steel and Silver Swords x1 a piece, Wing Spear, Javelins x3, and Silver and Steel Lances x1 a piece, as well as a vulnerary and heal.

Chapter 9- 6

Reclassed Sedgar to Hero, Radd to Cav. Sedgar hit D axes. It could have been 5 turns, but Jagen didn't crit the boss.

Chapter 10- 10

Reclassed Sedgar to general and Radd bought x2 Pure Water and x1 Vulnerary. Marth got the boss kill, and Jagen killed the Master Seal Hero. Mathis hit C Staves, so I can spam psychic now.

Chapter 1-16/18

Had a lot of trouble, I had Jagen use baiting technique to draw out enemies while Abel and Marth defeated them, Wyrs healed people so no one died, and for the boss I got a silver lance crit.

Name   Class 	Level HP  STR  MAG   SKL   SPD   LUK   DEF   RES
 	MarthLord,,,,,,3.01,20,,,5,,,,0,,,,,4,,,,,8,,,,,8,,,,,7,,,,,0
 	Abel,,,,Cavalier,,2.60,21,,,7,,,,0,,,,,8,,,,,8,,,,,2,,,,,7,,,,,0
     JagenPaladin,,,2.57,22,,,7,,,,1,,,,,10,,,,8,,,,,1,,,,,9,,,,,6
     WyrsCurate,,,,1.51,,,Base (everything) 

Dude    Class    LV    HP  STR  MG  SKL  SPD  LCK   DEF  RES  WEAPON RANKS
Marth   Idiot    3.01  20  5    0   4    8    8     7    0    ?
Abel    Cavalier 2.60  21  7    0   8    8    2     7    0    ?
Jagen   Paladin  2.57  22  7    1   10   8    1     9    6    ?
Wrys    Curate   1.51  Base

Code tags. Learn to use 'em without failing.

Xander - ONE unit shopping, not one random unit per map! For example, Integrity is fond of Trim the Generic as his shopper. I usually use Tomas, because he refuses to die.

hithere1 - What was your turn count on Chapter 1? The current turns and total turns should be the same!

I guess this works, but please indicate that you execute your shoppers, especially if they're named characters. You have given me another idea for a rule, which I might implement in a future tournament!

My current shopper is Caeda.

===

Chapter 6x - 19

The only named characters that are alive are my team, Caeda the Shopper, and Barst (I'll need him for something later). For now, Barst is doing nothing.

Reclassed Wolf to Hero and Bord to Mercenary.

I used this chapter to improve Jagen's, Wolf's, Ogma's and Merric's weapon levels. Bord got the reclass so I could level him. Hardin wasn't supposed to do anything, but. . .

Jagen, Bord, and Wolf alternated on the beginning forts to take out the pirate rush. Dear pirates, you are pathetic when Bord is doubling you. Once the moving guys were down, picked off everything between me and the boss. My team, with the exception of Merric (and sorta-Jagen), was made of wet paper. I had to pass Hardin a Steel Sword so the boss would go down. Merric got the kill. I hope I can get his Strength up a little more!

Marth     Lord         8.26   24    8     0     4    10    12     8     0
Jagen     Paladin      6.60   24    8     2    10     9     3    10     6
Ogma      Pirate       9.40   29    9     0     4     9     6     5     0
Bord      Mercenary    9.31   21   10     0    14    11     4     9     0
Merric    Cavalier     5.35   26    7     0     7     9     5    12     0
Wolf      Hero         4.46   26    7     0    11    13     6     7     1
Hardin    Cavalier     9.71   25    9     0     9    10     3     9     1

Time to get started! This is my first time in H2, and my first successful try took around 50-60 turns, but then I realized that would suck in the long run, so I suicided Marth to restart.

Chapter 1 - 24/24

Used my Meatshields as best as I could, Gordin and Cain served their duty well. (Thanks for that Disarm tip by the way, it saved a lot of trouble where I would otherwise be convoying weapons to my supply.) Got to the boss at around Turn 13-ish, but I screwed up with Jagen and had to heal him back up to full with the fort before I could assault. Silver Lance helped a lot, sad that it will be leaving soon...

Name	Class	Level	HP	STR	MAG	SKL	SPD	LUK	DEF	RES	Weapon
Marth	Lord	4.20	20	7	0	4	9	9	7	0	Sword D
Jagen	Paladin	2.72	23	7	1	10	8	2	9	6	Sword C/Lance B
Caeda	Shopper	1.00	Base Everything (Will Transfer to Meatshield duty after I get Navarre.)

Named Meatshields: Abel, Draug, Wrys

Man, I thought my first chapter was :sweatdrop: material. . .anyway, you got through it, so congratulations!

(though intentionally suiciding Marth. . .I'll think about that. . .)

===

Chapter 7 - 8/84

Reclassed Bord to Fighter, for Hammer goodness.

My slayers are:

Hardin - Ridersbane

Jagen - Armorslayer

Bord - HAMMERTIME

Marth - THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN HELPFUL FOUR CHAPTERS AGO!

Caeda bought a bunch of Hand Axes. The initial rush was interrupted when the Thief thought it was a good idea to attack Merric. After the giggle fit, had Bord whack the generic Draco over the head with the Devil Axe, with Ogma and Wolf on clean-up duty. A generic Pegasus and Merric hit the two northern forts simultaneously, while Jagen baited the armors and Hardin played catch-up. Ridersbane took out the easternmost spawn, while a little bit of unit shuffling blocked the southern fort. With a clear path, I used a Hammer, Armorslayer, and--never mind, Jagen got a critical. Map end!

Marth     Lord         9.10   25    9     0     5    10    13     8     0
Jagen     Paladin      7.49   24    8     2    10     9     3    10     6
Ogma      Pirate      10.10   30   10     0     4     9     7     5     0
Bord      Fighter      9.74   25   11     0     7     8     4     7     0
Merric    Cavalier     5.78   26    7     0     7     9     5    12     0
Wolf      Hero         4.73   26    7     0    11    13     6     7     1
Hardin    Cavalier    10.05   26   10     0    10    10     3    10     1

Chapter 8 - 6/90

For the first time in a while, I didn't need to reclass anyone!

Caeda spent a good chunk of change on things like a second Rapier (not that Marth needs it right now), a Silver Lance, a bunch of Door Keys, and Vulneraries!

Hardin used Ridersbane on everything that was a horse. Jagen's Armorslayer came in handy, as did Bord's ability to throw axes. Merric cleaned up what he could, Wolf continued to build his axes, and Ogma can now wield the goodness that is a Hand Axe!

Due to a good level by Bord, I was able to Hammer + Armorslayer the boss to end the chapter (otherwise, Wolf would be dead).

Marth     Lord         9.27   25    9     0     5    10    13     8     0
Jagen     Paladin      7.85   24    8     2    10     9     3    10     6
Ogma      Pirate      10.63   30   10     0     4     9     7     5     0
Bord      Fighter     10.67   26   12     0     8     8     4     8     0
Merric    Cavalier     6.45   27    7     0     8     9     5    13     0
Wolf      Hero         5.03   28    8     0    11    14     6     8     1
Hardin    Cavalier    10.65   26   10     0    10    10     3    10     1

Edited by eclipse

Chapter 11- 9

Reclassed Sedgar to Hero and gave him the Speedwings. Jeigan is now my designated shopper, and he bought a vulnerary and 2 mends. Jake was a pain to recruit because he hit and killed Caeda my first couple of tries. This chapter, Radd got D in lances, so now he has Javelin access.

Chapter 12 - 8

Reclassed Sedgar to general and had him wait at the beginning to get some levels off the reinforcements. I could've done this in 7 turns, and probably should have, but for some reason I thought it would be beneficial to kill the paladin boss and get the second master seal, which I afterwards realized I didn't need.

Chapter 12x- 7

Reclassed Sedgar to hero, Midia to Draco, and Jagen to Draco. Caeda hit A lances, and she was 3 exp points away from level 19 at the chapter's end

Chapter 13- 5

Reclassed Caeda to myrmidon, Midia to paladin, Jagen to paladin, and tomas to cavalier. Caeda got to level 19 and promoted on turn 3, right after I got Astram. Matthis got a +0 level up , and Tomas still hasn't grown even a level Facepalm_emote_gif.gif.

Chapter 14- 9

Tomas is starting to fail too hard, so I did what I should have done chapters ago and reclass him to curate. I buy a door key, vulnerary and pure water, as well as a silver lance and ridersbane. I got the silver card as well as recruiting Catria.

Chapter 15- 7

Reclassed Jagen and Midia to Dracos, gave an energy drop to Catria. I bought a hand axe, javelins, steel lances and pure waters, and Catria grew a few levels this chapter.

Edited by Xander

It looks like you're skipping the gaiden chapters. As long as you do them in 20 turns or less, they do not count towards your turns (it's mentioned in the general rules).

You WANT to go to 17x. Really.

===

Chapter 9 - 6/96

Reclassed Jagen to Bishop, Wolf to Sorcerer, and Bord to Mercenary.

#$&$%^*$%^

@#$^#%&*&%(^&$^$%&%^*%#^$

SCREW YOU, RNG!!!!

On the first turn, sea-walkin' Ogma nearly died when a Steel Axe AND Hand Axe hit, while EVERY SINGLE THING HE THREW MISSED!!! Then, Merric was hit by the Blizzard guy (expected), and missed (not expected), and Bord got a perfect fail level. THEN, the stupid Pirates started going after my reserve-for-later meatshields. GAAAAH!!!

I'm a touch irritated. Forgive me. Boss went down to two Silver Lance strikes, a Fire, and a Thunder (this is why I reclassed Jagen and Wolf. . .oh, and because I needed a healthy Hardin to face the boss).

Marth     Lord         9.85   25    9     0     5    10    13     8     0
Jagen     Bishop       8.26   24    2     4     8     6     3     5     8
Ogma      Pirate      11.15   31   11     0     5     9     8     6     0
Bord      Mercenary   11.25   22   11     0    15    11     4    10     0
Merric    Cavalier     7.02   28    7     0     9    10     5    13     0
Wolf      Sorcerer     5.34   28    4     2     3     6     6     5     4
Hardin    Cavalier    11.74   26   10     0    11    10     4    11     1

Chapter 10 - 13/109

Reclassed Wolf to Hero, and Bord to Fighter, because Silver Axe is made of win.

I did this in the same time as my first draft.

I'll let my stat sheet do the talking. Total extra turns = 4, or the same number you'd take to recruit Linde. WTF.

(boss kill went to the most competent Hammer user)

Marth     Lord        10.41   26    9     0     5    11    14     8     0
Jagen     Bishop       8.62   24    2     4     8     6     3     5     8
Ogma      Pirate      12.17   32   12     0     6     9     9     6     0
Bord      Fighter     11.72   26   12     0     8     8     4     8     0
Merric    Cavalier     7.86   28    7     0     9    10     5    13     0
Wolf      Hero         5.75   28    8     0    11    14     6     8     1
Hardin    Cavalier    12.99   27   10     0    12    11     4    12     1
Maria     Cleric       3.34   Base everything
Minerva   Drakky       1.57   Base everything

Edited by eclipse

I'm thinking I can finish this tonight...

Chapter 16- 13

Reclassed Sedgar to berserker and had him walk on water to gain some levels with +20 avoid and a hand axe

The reason this took so long is because I took the long way around to recruit Samson. I wanted Aran, but forgot which one was in which house. I also bought a new wing spear.

Chapter 17- 4

I master sealed Matthis at lv 18. I reclassed Matthis to sage and Sedgar to General. I warped Sedgar to the chest room and used him to open a chest with a master seal. I think I couldve 3 turned it if I had the boots on Marth.

Chapter 17x- 10

Reclassed Tomas back to archer and gave Catria a Seraph Robe. Sedgar pretty much solod this map with occasional help from Caeda.

Chapter 18- 8

Catria got a Dracoshield. I bought some Ridersbanes and steel weapons, and killed Est for Mercurius.

Chapter 19- 6

I charged forward, and Rickard picked up the Geosphere and a Seraph Robe from a chest. Caeda killed Tiki so Marth could seize.

Edited by Xander

Heh, best of luck!

===

Chapter 11 - 11/120

Reclassed Bord to Hunter, and prayed.

Minerva parked herself near the beginning, and spent most of the map waiting.

Ticked off the fliers, mercs, and ballistae, in that order. Wound up resetting MANY times, because Hardin kept eating a critical from the Sniper (despite the fact that Marth on Killing Edge NEVER got one). Kept this one because I got the Energy Drop for Merric.

Speaking of. . .what you see on this sheet is NOT a typo. . .why do you think I kept this run, despite going two turns over?

Marth     Lord        11.06   27   10     0     5    12    15     8     0
Jagen     Bishop       8.86   24    2     4     8     6     3     5     8
Ogma      Pirate      12.51   32   12     0     6     9     9     6     0
Bord      Hunter      12.10   24   13     0    12     7     4     8     0
Merric    Cavalier     9.94   30    9     0    11    11     6    14     0
Wolf      Hero         6.78   30    9     0    12    15     6     9     1
Hardin    Cavalier    14.17   28   10     0    14    12     5    12     1
Maria     Cleric       3.68   Base everything
Minerva   Drakky       2.13   24   10     0     7    12     6    12     3

Chapter 12 - 9/129

Gave the Energy Drop to Merric and the Speedwings to Bord.

Got my Boots, a new shopper to replace Caeda's corpse (guess who refused to die. . .AGAIN. . .), and some very sexy levels. The boss went down to the same thing all other failures go down to - Silver Lance.

HARDIN, I KNOW YOU KICK ASS. HURRY UP AND DO SO!!!

Marth     Lord        11.18   27   10     0     5    12    15     8     0
Jagen     Bishop       9.31   24    2     4     8     7     4     5     9
Ogma      Pirate      13.38   33   13     0     6    10     9     7     0
Bord      Hunter      12.42   24   13     0    12     9*    4     8     0
Merric    Cavalier    10.78   31   11*    0    12    12     6    14     1
Wolf      Hero         7.11   32   10     0    13    15     6     9     1
Hardin    Cavalier    15.58   29   10     0    15    12     6    12     1
Maria     Cleric       4.36   17    0     2     3     3     1     4     9
Minerva   Drakky       2.78   24   10     0     7    12     6    12     3

Edited by eclipse

Woohoo NewYearsEmoticon.gif done

Chapter 20- 9

I gave a second Seraph Robe to Catria, and had her spend pretty much the entire chapter in the arena leveling up to 20 and getting me some much needed cash. Caeda was the MVP of this chapter hands down, as her flight allowed her to bypass terrain and massacre Camus and his chronies, and get Gravidius. She also recruited Lorenz, as I just wanted another meatshield. By the chapter's end Catria was lv 20, I had Gravidius and Jagen had gotten another level up and grown nothing (not that it mattered).

Chapter 20x- 7

Promoted Catria at lv 20, reclassed her to Swordmaster to start working on her sword rank. Promoted Tomas at lv 14. I just had marth use his full move almost every turn with Catria and Caeda killing everything in his way. Meanwhile, Sedgar headed north from the start to do his own thing and get some exp and weapon levels. I ignored Ymir of course.

Chapter 21- 4

Really easy. I sacrificed Etzel just because and Jagen went to the secret shop and bought everything from it. Meanwhile my super units (Caeda, Catria and Sedgar) cleared the north up with little trouble so Marth could use his full move.

Chapter 22- 10

Promoted Radd at lv 14 and gave him 2 speed wings. Reclassed Radd to draco. I could've done this faster but I had Marth stop off to get Starlight, so I wouldn't have to go to 24x.

Chapter 23-14

Reclassed Sedgar to Sorcerer, gave him an arms scroll, starlight, and two spirit dusts. Reclassed Catria to Paladin as well. This chapter just made me go Facepalm_emote_gif.gif because I did pretty terribly since those Swarm Sages combined with the reinforcements overwhelmed me in my attempt previous (which actually went slower than this one) and the priests at the top of the stairs kept healing Gharnef. Eventually, super Sedgar killed Gharnef and I got Falcion. Sedgar also got his final level up.

Chapter 24- 10

Reclassed Sedgar back to hero and Catria to Swordmaster. I sold the bullion and my useless seals and sent Jagen to do my shopping. I had Caeda solo the area by the boss with a dragonpike and kill the boss himself before the reinforcements showed up.

Endgame- 10

I used up the rest of my remaining stat boosters to turn my scrub units from non existant combatants to poor combatants. Somewhere along the lines, without my realizing it, Catria became invincible, maxing out everything sans luck, mag and res with only the shield and robes I gave her earlier. I gave her two Goddess Icons, and an arms scroll to get her sword rank to A. I gave Tomas an Arms scroll to get his bow rank to A, and wasted the last Arms scroll on Jagen to get his sword rank to B for silver. I reclassed Midia, Jagen, and Radd to Paladins and began the chapter. Everything went well, and my 3 main units shined in this one. Caeda, Sedgar and Catria all started at different parts of the map and made their way to Medeus. I reached him on turn 7 and could have ended it, but Catria refused to crit him with Mercurius. Because of that, Jagen died and Radd got doubled off by a manakete, becoming an hero. On turn 10 enemy phase, I finished him off and beat the game.

Edited by Xander

Man, I thought my first chapter was :sweatdrop: material. . .anyway, you got through it, so congratulations!

First boss was a dodgy master! Only reason I did better the next time was that I remembered the Silver Lance is awesome instead of swearing fealty to the weapon triangle and using only an iron sword.

Chapter 2 - 22/46 (Give or take one turn on this chapter. Gotta remember to write these down before clearing. Ah well, that's what the epilogue's for.)

Had Jagen take Ogma's Steel Sword, Barst take Bord's axes, and went to town on the enemies. Darros made a good meatshield in the NE, while the others came from the front.

Marth had fun putting his first Rapier uses into the cavaliers, and everyone not on my draft except for Ogma, Castor, and Caeda became pirate food.

Name	Class	Level	HP	STR	MAG	SKL	SPD	LUK	DEF	RES	WEAPON
Marth	Lord	6.97	21	9	0	4	9	10	7	0	Sword C
Jagen	Paladin	3.55	23	7	1	11	8	2	9	6	Sword D/Lance B
Barst	Fighter	5.24	26	12	0	7	9	7	6	0	Axe D
Caeda	Shopaholic    Base Everything

I still feel I'm going a bit slow compared to some of you guys, but at least this boss went down more easily, thanks to not having to heal on a far-away fort.

My thoughts on the units

Marth - Considering he was level 10, his most important contributions lategame chapters was access to convoy in battle.

Jagen - Simply a beast in the early game, and he stayed useful during the midgame thanks to silver lance. However, come endgame everything was doubling him and he had to attack from range just to live.

Caeda - A goddess on wings, and unlike Jagen was consistently one of my best units even up until endgame. I would say she was the MVP of this run thanks to Win spear utility, flight, and availability.

Sedgar - Obviously he lived up to his hype. He is simply a monster, he can make miracles happen on H5 and of course on H2, though it was a bit harder to train him up without the warp staff. Still, after his shaky start, with a few levels under his belt he became my best unit at around chapter 9 when he hit D axes.

Catria - She started off fragile, but with a seraph robe and a dracoshield, even unpromoted, I could give her a Ridersbane and watch her take out 3 cavs on enemy phase. After she promoted she became one of my best units. She was only my best unit overall for one chapter, and that's because she was the only one I had who wasn't doubled and OHKOd by Medeus.

Midia - She didn't really do too much. She was useful at first with Ridersbane ability, but come lategame had even worse stats than Jagen. I wouldn't say she's top pick material.

Radd - He was a pain at first, but after a few levels he became a beast. Of course, due to his slow start he never really caught up until I spent resources on him in the final chapter, and even then he was killed off by a Manakete, but I was surprised by how useful he was with his high strength and defense.

Tomas - He started terribly, but after I reclassed him to curate, got him high enough to promote, and then hit B bows, he could spam silver, and somehow had enough speed to double. I was surprised by how much he stopped sucking come the last few chapters, even having grown strength only once.

Astram - Everything he could do, Samson did better, and Samson didn't even really do anything...

Rickard - He just took up space. His one and only use came from netting me the Geosphere, and a Bullion here and there.

Jake - very useful chip damage, helpful for nuking fortify staffers with the pachyderm.

Matthis - He almost maxed out in levels, which surprised me. In this particular run he was very useful as my only long term healer and fortify spammer for the last 3 chapters.

Team and run thoughts - It was a fun team and I enjoyed using it, Integrity made some good picks, and it was an enjoyable run. I was scepticle at first but this was a cool idea. I'd say my big 3 were Sedgar, Caeda, and Catria, and on a tier list they deserve 1-2nd pick.

Total Turns: 223 (Can someone check my math?)

Edited by Xander

Woohoo NewYearsEmoticon.gif done

Congratulations! Check the Epilogue, make sure your turns all match up, and post your total! Do NOT count gaiden chapters, unless you feel masochistic.

First boss was a dodgy master! Only reason I did better the next time was that I remembered the Silver Lance is awesome instead of swearing fealty to the weapon triangle and using only an iron sword.

Good luck with Chapter 3's boss! He's somewhat dodgy, and tends to double!

What happened to Integrety?

Anyway I'll update tommorow.

If I know him correctly, he should stop by within the next day or two. This is why I said one draft tournament at a time!

Please follow Furet's advice regarding formatting.

Chapter 12x - 16

Reclassed Minerva to Sniper and Maria to Mage. Boots to Marth!

This is my default catch-up chapter. For this chapter, pretend Maria is Nino.

Killed off everything except for the stationary knight near my starting position, and most of Horace's dudes. Maria got most of the kills that mattered, but I made sure to level as many people as possible. Managed to visit both villages, and I have someone in mind for that Killer Lance!

Jagen has C in staves. The next chapter won't be quite the nightmare I envisioned.

Marth     Lord        11.67   27   10     0     5    12    15     8     0
Jagen     Bishop      10.29   24    2     4     9     8     5     5     9
Ogma      Pirate      14.21   34   14     0     6    10     9     8     0
Bord      Hunter      13.34   25   13     0    12     9*    4     8     0
Merric    Cavalier    11.54   32   11*    0    12    12     6    15     1
Wolf      Hero         7.74   32   10     0    13    15     6     9     1
Hardin    Cavalier    15.81   29   10     0    15    12     6    12     1
Maria     Mage         8.13   17    0     7     5     3     3     5     5
Minerva   Sniper       3.57   28    9     0    10    14     6    10     3
Horace    General      Right-o. . .

Chapter 13 - 5/134

The Wooden Calvary eclipse's Killer weapons finally work

Reclassed Ogma to Mercenary, Horace to Hero, and Bord to Fighter. I need to abuse the Devil Axe. Also reclassed the Green Skittle to Curate.

Maria, Minerva, and Wolf charged the northern guys, with Tomas using himself as bait for the Arrowspate that moved. Horace and a couple of generics went south. Everyone else went straight down the middle. Midia recruited Astram on turn 2, with a perfectly intact Silver Sword and Wyrmslayer (I will need both). Jagen used Physic all of once, and it kept me away from the Game Over screen.

Merric blicked an enemy with my newly-acquired Killer Lance. Bord Devil Axe-blicked another ballista. Wolf got irritated and blicked a northern ballista. Horace finished the Hoistflamme ballista with style. Hardin got a Silver Lance critical on the Thunderbolt. Couldn't blick the boss, but it didn't matter, because he doesn't like Levin Sword.

Marth got a truly kickass level up.

Marth     Lord        12.26   28   11     0     6    13    16     9     0
Jagen     Bishop      10.55   24    2     4     9     8     5     5     9
Ogma      Mercenary   14.75   32   13     0    13    14     9     9     0
Bord      Fighter     14.05   28   12     0    10    10*    4     9     0
Merric    Cavalier    12.11   33   11*    0    12    12     6    16     1
Wolf      Hero         7.89   32   10     0    13    15     6     9     1
Hardin    Cavalier    16.21   29   11     0    15    13     6    12     1
Maria     Mage         8.51   17    0     7     5     3     3     5     5
Minerva   Sniper       3.67   28    9     0    10    14     6    10     3
Horace    Hero         3.34   26   13     1    19    16     7     9     3

Chapter 14 - 8/142

I'm so glad I have Bridge Keys!

Reclassed Minerva to Dracoknight. Reclassed the Green Skittle to Cavalier.

Wolf unlocked the bridge so Bord and Ogma could charge across and get a Stonehoist. Flying Knight Killer Minerva killed off the jerk with the Ridersbane before he could become a problem. Merric and Ridersbane took out the horses, while Horace the Hero went nuts with his axe (16 Speed is really impressive). Hardin and Wolf absorbed arrows so Minerva could run to Jiol and bash his face in. Wound up waiting an extra turn for the Silver Card, because I will need it. Got a small Bullion for free.

Tomas went shopping for Ridersbane and Door Keys.

Marth     Lord        12.98   28   11     0     6    13    16     9     0
Jagen     Bishop      10.69   24    2     4     9     8     5     5     9
Ogma      Mercenary   14.90   32   13     0    13    14     9     9     0
Bord      Fighter     14.65   28   12     0    10    10*    4     9     0
Merric    Cavalier    12.82   33   11*    0    12    12     6    16     1
Wolf      Hero         8.26   33   11     0    14    16     7    10     1
Hardin    Cavalier    17.12   29   12     0    16    13     7    12     1
Maria     Mage         9.61   17    0     8     6     3     4     5     5
Minerva   Drakky       4.92   24   10     0     7    12     6    13     3
Horace    Hero         3.65   26   13     1    19    16     7     9     3

Chapter 15 - 5/147

Reclassed Jagen to Dracoknight and Maria to Curate.

Whether Marth died or not was dependent on Minerva's positioning. Got a Recover and an Energy Drop, courtesy of Jagen (hello Merric!) Minerva flew around, and introduced wannabe Macedonians to to the other end of her axe. Merric baited a Thunder mage, while Ogma, Bord, Horace, and Wolf were busy taking out Dracoknights. The boss went down to a Steel Lance by Minerva.

Marth     Lord        13.30   29   12     0     7    13    17     9     0
Jagen     Drakky      10.69   22    9     2    12    11     5    12     4
Ogma      Mercenary   15.48   32   13     0    14    14    10     9     0
Bord      Fighter     15.19   29   13     0    10    10*    5    10     0
Merric    Cavalier    13.31   34   11*    0    13    12     7    16     1
Wolf      Hero         8.55   33   11     0    14    16     7    10     1
Hardin    Cavalier    17.43   29   12     0    16    13     7    12     1
Maria     Curate      10.28   18    0     6     6     4     4     4    11
Minerva   Drakky       5.58   24   10     0     7    12     7    13     3
Horace    Hero         4.10   27   13     1    19    16     8     9     3

Chapter 16 - 8/155

Reclassed Wolf and Horace to Berserker, and Bord to Hunter. Energy Drop to Merric.

Bord's reclass was so that he'd have an easier time taking out the starting Dracoknights. Xane sacrificed himself for my cause before I could object, which meant that Marth took much less damage than he should have. After that, Marth opened the other door, while a mounted meatshield and Ogma took hits for him. His Highness then made a beeline to the throne.

Meanwhile, Horace and Wolf were doing cartwheels on the water, while Hardin sniped via Javelin. Minerva and Jagen swooped in once the arrows were gone. On the final turn, I had Minerva Hammer the boss (she missed once), Horace Hand Axe for a little more damage, then Wolf Hammered FTW. Marth ran the remaining distance to seize. Somehow, Jagen had time to buy replacement door keys.

Marth     Lord        13.92   29   12     0     7    13    17     9     0
Jagen     Drakky      11.38   22    9     2    12    11     5    11     4
Ogma      Mercenary   15.88   32   13     0    14    14    10     9     0
Bord      Hunter      15.72   27   14     0    13     9*    5    10     0
Merric    Cavalier    14.29   35   13*    0    14    12     8    16     1
Wolf      Berserker   10.27   39   14     0     8    13     7    10     0
Hardin    Cavalier    18.26   29   12     0    17    14     7    12     1
Maria     Curate      11.40   18    0     7     6     4     5     4    11
Minerva   Drakky       6.29   25   10     0     8    13     8    13     3
Horace    Berserker    4.74   29   14     0    11    11     8     8     0

Chapter 17 - 3/158

Reclassed Wolf and Horace to Hero, and Jagen to Bishop.

Same old, same old. Ogma got a very impressive boss kill. Merric and Wolf helped (especially the former, who got a rather strange critical). Got the items that mattered.

Marth     Lord        14.42   30   12     0     7    13    18     9     0
Jagen     Bishop      11.45   24    2     4     9     8     5     6     9
Ogma      Mercenary   16.88   33   14     0    14    14    11     9     0
Bord      Hunter      15.72   27   14     0    13     9*    5    10     0
Merric    Cavalier    14.75   35   13*    0    14    12     8    16     1
Wolf      Hero        10.39   37   13     0    16    18     7    11     1
Hardin    Cavalier    18.99   29   12     0    17    14     7    12     1
Maria     Curate      12.12   18    0     7     6     4     6     4    11
Minerva   Drakky       6.43   25   10     0     8    13     8    13     3
Horace    Hero         4.98   27   13     1    19    16     8     9     3

Edited by eclipse

I was told one draft tourney at a time. :awesome:

That said, I can juggle a PoR and a SD draft (different systems, simultaneous play!) but I had company over this whole weekend.

ABEL IS DECLARED MY SHOPPER UNTIL I HAVE TRIM

C1: 11 turns = 11 total

God this game's interface is so clean and sexy.

IS GREAT SUCCESS. Jagen failed his 61% thrice consecutively but on the fourth reset he hits a 61, Gordin hits a 66, and Jagen hits a 61 again to kill. Yes, bitches, GAGGLES factored in my boss kill. Haters gonna hate.

C2: 11 turns = 22 total

Jags -> Draug -> Jags got the boss. I'm liking this team so far. Darros, the Man Who Didn't Survive His First EP, survived his first EP and actually dodged twice at 67. What.

C3: Guess what: 11 turns = 33 total

Draug is fucking clutch.

C4: 16 turns clear = 41 total

Easily improvable, but whatever. Got Merric for his book. Draug was almost able to tank the Cavaliers on the left (and kill them faster than Jags) but that one sneaky armorslayer fucker ruined that plan. Oh well.

Edited by Integrity

Chapter 3 - 20/66

All right! A chapter where I don't have to kill my new guys!

Had my main force take on the west fighters while Julian led the incoming train from the north. Once the west guys were slain, I had Caeda recruit Navarre and switched to the other side. Lena made nice use of the late Wrys' healing staff. Lost Castor the Meatshield, but these things happen.

Thanks to a great level from Navarre, I could fight the boss using his Killing Edge without being doubled. Between him, Barst, and Jagen, he went down easily.

Also, since I won't be getting a full army anytime soon, I think I'll be keeping Caeda as my flying shopping unit.

Name	Class		Level	HP	STR	MAG	SKL	SPD	LCK	DEF	RES	WEAPON
Marth	Lord		7.41	22	9	0	4	9	10	7	0	Sword C
Jagen	Paladin		3.91	23	7	1	11	8	2	9	6	Sword D/Lance B
Barst	Fighter      	6.99	27	13	0	7	9	7	7	0	Axe C
Julian	Thief      	4.20	18	4	0	6	13	8	4	0	Sword E
Lena	Cleric		5.38	17	0	2	7	9	8	3	7	Staff C
Navarre	Myrmidon	5.07	21	6	0	11	12	10	6	0	Sword C
Caeda	Bargain Hunter	1.00	Base Everything

Named Wall of Meat: Ogma

Integrity, I see a serious lack of Cain in those logs.

===

Chapter 17x - 20

To conserve Master Keys, Marth ran to grab the only two chest items that mattered, and this nearly cost me the chapter. Once the initial rabble was disposed of, Marth and Hardin ran to the most inconvenient room to pick up the first vital item. The second item was on the way to the throne, so it wasn't too bad. I hope I can obtain a few more Door Keys soon.

Left Wolf, Minerva, Horace, Hardin, and Jagen to deal with the reinforcements (well. . .more like Wolf stayed behind to swing his axe, Minerva stayed to level, Hardin stayed for Wolf, and Horace stayed so Jagen would have something to do). Hardin promoted in the process. Marth, Bord, Ogma, Maria, and Merric ran to the throne, taking out everything that wasn't a cute redhead. Marth decided he was tired of being useless, so he got a random critical to kill the boss. Killed the dragon dude and sniper for giggles.

Now I must do something about Etzel. Decisions, decisions. . .

Again, what my stat sheet says is NOT a typo!

Marth     Lord        16.05   31   12     0     9    15    20    10     0
Jagen     Bishop      12.08   24    2     4    10     8     6     6     9
Ogma      Mercenary   17.66   34   14     0    15    15    11     9     0
Bord      Hunter      17.29   28   15     0    14    10*    6    11     0
Merric    Cavalier    17.27   37   15*    0    15    14    10    18     1
Wolf      Hero        10.94   37   13     0    16    18     7    11     1
Hardin    Paladin      1.53   35   15     0    20    17     7    13     7
Maria     Curate      14.31   18    0     7     8     4     8     4    12
Minerva   Drakky       7.10   25   10     0     8    13     9    14     3
Horace    Hero         6.74   29   13     1    19    17     9     9     3

Chapter 18 - 7/165

Reclassed Minerva to Sniper, because I am a horrible person.

Both items I picked up last chapter were quite useful. Poleax took out some irritating enemies, and landed the finishing blow on the boss. Longbow made life easier, and got me Mercurius (otherwise, it's doable in 6 turns).

Marth charged, with everyone else taking stuff out as they could. Maria got some Physic in, and I couldn't kill Etzel. Can't wait for Merric to fully level, so I can make him a true terror!

Marth     Lord        16.83   31   12     0     9    15    20    10     0
Jagen     Bishop      12.08   24    2     4    10     8     6     6     9
Ogma      Mercenary   17.93   34   14     0    15    15    11     9     0
Bord      Hunter      17.29   28   15     0    14    10*    6    11     0
Merric    Cavalier    18.41   38   15*    0    15    14    11    19     1
Wolf      Hero        11.83   38   14     0    17    19     7    12     1
Hardin    Paladin      3.24   36   15     0    21    19     7    13     7
Maria     Curate      15.05   18    0     7     8     5     9     4    13
Minerva   Sniper       7.51   29    9     0    11    15     9    11     3
Horace    Hero         7.31   30   14     1    20    18    10     9     3

Chapters 19-Endgame: *snip*

Once everyone else finishes, I'll post them. Suffice to say Tiki's not on my team.

Good luck~!

Edited by eclipse