[FE11] Drafting Tournament VI or The After-Christmas Sale

eclipse

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 11: (15/101)

Took my time with this chapter. The main thing was that I recruited Linde, which costed a couple turns. Since I cleared out that area, I decided to do some shopping and use the arena. Roger probably gained 1 or 2 levels, but the important thing was that he is almost at D rank for Bows. All meatshields died. No enemies survived either, so I got the Spirit Dust and stuff like that.

Chapter 12: (8/109)

Somewhat of a hectic chapter. Went through the chest area to get to the boss. Got the Armorslayer, Warp staff, Master Seal, Arms Scroll, Dragonpike, and Silver Sword. Linde's Aura tome helped. A lot of Weapon Ranks increased, especially around the B rank area. Midia and Boah survived while the others died. Did not kill Heimler. Killed the boss with Cord and Abel.

Chapter 12x: (13)

Good chapter. Reclassed Cord to Pirate. Did not kill the Archaneans or Horace. Got the Killer Lance and Blizzard. Killed the boss with ranged attacks and then finished him off with Athena.

Chapter 13: (5/114)

Promoted Abel at Level 17. Reclassed Cord to Mercenary. Rushed to the boss. Recruited Astram with Midia for his Silver Sword and Wyrmslayer. Both of them died. Abel got a lucky crit with the Steel Lance on the boss so Athena could finish him off with the Levin Sword. Got the Ridersbane.

Chapter 14: (8/122)

Used the Bridge. Rushed down towards the boss. I was a bit slow with this one. Bought a Door Key, but then used the Master Key by mistake. Killed the boss with Cord and Marth. Didn't have enough time to recruit Catria or Palla. Bought some other stuff as well.

Chapter 15: (7/129)

Reclassed Abel to Dracoknight and Athena to Pegasus Knight. Had Abel use the Pure Water and take out a lot of the Mages and Bishops. Castor and Roger helped with taking out the Dracoknights. Got the Recover staff. Killed the boss with Abel. The main trouble I had was avoiding Gharnef and just getting to the throne. Other than that, there weren't too many difficulties.

Team:

3398-FireEmblem-ShadowDragonUSAClean_16_8092.png3398-FireEmblem-ShadowDragonUSAClean_17_8095.png3398-FireEmblem-ShadowDragonUSAClean_19_8102.png3398-FireEmblem-ShadowDragonUSAClean_20_8105.png3398-FireEmblem-ShadowDragonUSAClean_22_8111.png3398-FireEmblem-ShadowDragonUSAClean_23_8115.png3398-FireEmblem-ShadowDragonUSAClean_25_8121.png3398-FireEmblem-ShadowDragonUSAClean_26_8125.png3398-FireEmblem-ShadowDragonUSAClean_27_8128.png

I reclassed Abel and Athena back to the classes I would normally use them in for the screenshots.

Chapter 16: (10/139)

Promoted Cord at level 16. Used an Arms Scroll on his Axe rank so that he could have a C rank in Axes. Reclassed Jagen to Paladin, Boah to Sage, and Athena to Myrmidon (Abel is still a Dracoknight). Went the route that had Xane. Killed the boss with Cord. Got the Master Seal and Dracoshield. Marth was 1 space away from the seize point so it took a turn longer.

Chapter 17: (3/142)

Pretty straight forward. Reclassed Abel to Paladin. Abel got a C rank in Swords during the chapter so he could use the Wyrmslayer to kill the boss. Got the Fortify staff and the VIP Card. I didn't go for any of the treasure.

Chapter 18: (8/150)

Chapter 17x was skipped because I had 17 characters. Promoted Athena at level 18. Reclassed Jagen to Sage. Rushed down with Marth, Abel, Cord, and Athena. Had the others take on some of the other people. Finished off the boss with Abel. Didn't have enough time to recruit Est, so I didn't bother. Did some shopping and bought an assortment of stuff. I believe 2 meatshields died.

Chapter 19: (6/156)

Rushed to the boss. Got the Lightsphere and Starsphere. Killed the boss with Abel. Did not go for anything else.

Team:

3398-FireEmblem-ShadowDragonUSAClean_07_12798.png3398-FireEmblem-ShadowDragonUSAClean_09_12805.png3398-FireEmblem-ShadowDragonUSAClean_10_12808.png3398-FireEmblem-ShadowDragonUSAClean_11_12811.png3398-FireEmblem-ShadowDragonUSAClean_13_12818.png3398-FireEmblem-ShadowDragonUSAClean_14_12821.png3398-FireEmblem-ShadowDragonUSAClean_15_12824.png3398-FireEmblem-ShadowDragonUSAClean_16_12828.png3398-FireEmblem-ShadowDragonUSAClean_18_12834.png

Chapter 20: (7/163)

Promoted Castor at level 15. He got the Starsphere and Parthia as well. Reclassed Boah and Jagen to Bishop and Abel and Athena to Dracoknight. Gave the Dracoshield to Linde. Used the last of my Master Key to unlock the bridge. Bought a Silver Sword and Silver Axe. Defeated Camus with Abel and Castor. Recruited Lorenz. Pretty much all of my meathshields died.

Chapter 20x: (17)

Reclassed Abel to Paladin, Athena to Swordmaster, and Jagen and Boah to Sage. Gave the Goddess Icon to Roger. Got the Killer Axe, Wo Dao, Poleax, and Longbow. Recruited Ymir. Killed the boss with Abel and Roger. Nice chapter nonetheless.

Chapter 21:(7/170)

Reclassed Abel to Dracoknight and Jagen and Boah to Bishop. Gave Linde the Speedwings and a Spirit Dust. I felt like this chapter was rather hectic. I did a wait and rush sort of thing. Had to make sure most of the Paladins and Dracoknight were taken care of before I could proceed. Cord defeated the boss with a crit. Got the Master Seal.

Chapter 22: (10/180)

Reclassed Athena to Dracoknight. Gave Marth the Lightsphere and Starsphere. Had everyone go through the route to the village. Got Starlight. Promoted Roger at level 17 during the chapter. Blocked the forts that spawned enemies with Meatshields and drafted units. Killed the boss with Roger, Athena, Cord, and Abel. Got the Iote's Shield. Only a few meathshields died.

Chapter 23: (11/191)

Reclassed Athena to Swordmaster and Abel to Paladin. This was a difficult one IMO. Used a bunch of Pure Water to get through the Swarm ambushes. Had everyone rush to the top. The real Gharnef was in the top righ-hand corner. Killed him with Linde and got the Falchion. Promoted Linde at the end of the chapter. Got the Pure Water, Door Key, 2 Master Seals, Barrier, Fortify, and the Falchion. Killed the other boss with Castor and Roger.

Chapter 24: (6/197)

Reclassed Athena and Abel to Dracoknight. A hectic chapter IMO. I took the shortcut. Bought some Wyrmslayers and Dragonpikes. Forgot to give Iote's Shield to someone, but it worked out in the end. Used some of the Fortify staff. Killed the boss with Abel.

Endgame: (8/205)

Reclassed Athena and Abel to Paladin. Gave Abel the Gradivus and Castor the Parthia. Did a wait and rush strategy. Spammed a lot of Fortify staves. I had Athena and Linde stand on the spawn points of the Ballistacian and whatever else was supposed to spawn in that room. Probably could've done this quicker, but I didn't want my units going in too far because a lot of them were tough to deal with. Abel got a lucky crit and lucky dodge on Medeus, so I was EXTREMELY grateful for that. Marth then finished him off.

Units:

3398-FireEmblem-ShadowDragonUSAClean_04_11887_zps270df401.png3398-FireEmblem-ShadowDragonUSAClean_05_11890_zps39930249.png3398-FireEmblem-ShadowDragonUSAClean_07_11897_zps1daac042.png3398-FireEmblem-ShadowDragonUSAClean_09_11904_zps7e48be1f.png3398-FireEmblem-ShadowDragonUSAClean_10_11907_zps77fc9e88.png3398-FireEmblem-ShadowDragonUSAClean_11_11910_zps84b345dd.png3398-FireEmblem-ShadowDragonUSAClean_12_11913_zpsff24285d.png3398-FireEmblem-ShadowDragonUSAClean_13_11917_zpsd7fbb57b.png3398-FireEmblem-ShadowDragonUSAClean_14_11920_zps7607c3ca.png

Gotoh got 70 experience.

^I took those pictures from the Squad creation thing in the Extras section after I beat the game.

Character Analysis:

Marth - I used him a lot, so he got pretty good at combat. He was a bit defensively weak, but his offensive capabilities made him worthwhile to use as a combat unit.

Abel - Definitely the MVP of my team. His Lance rank got him to use the Ridersbane early on so he could wreck Horseback units. Eventually his Sword rank caught up so he got the chance to use the Wyrmslayer. He has really good stats which is not something that can be said for the majority of FE11 units. All in all, good unit.

Jagen - He was okay. I mostly used him for healing because I didn't have Wrys. His stats were mediocre and he would easily die when he got in range of an enemy. However, his healing abilities were pretty good and his use of the Fortify staff really helped in the Endgame.

Athena - Not bad IMO. She was good as a Swordmaster, but she needed more as a Dracoknight in certain chapters. Her Sword rank definitely helped. Her stats were all right, but sometimes she had trouble killing stuff, especially when she was a Dracoknight.

Castor - Definitely turned out better than I thought he would turn out. His 2 range and ability to take out Pegasus Knights and Dracoknights was very useful. His stats were all right, definitely good enough for being a Bow user and all.

Cord - Really good. He got a lot of speed, which proved to be extremely useful in the long run. Reclassing him to the Mercenary class early on was a good idea IMO, but I might have been blessed with his Strength stat. Giving him an Arms Scroll to boost his Axe rank was also a good idea IMO because then he got to use the Hammer.

Roger - Reclassed him to the Hunter class early on because it seemed like one of the better options. Pretty good IMO, for a period of time he was actually better than Castor, but then he fell behind towards the end. He mostly just got Strength and Speed, so hitting things and getting hit was sometimes an issue.

Linde - I used the most amount of stat boosters on her. She got 1 Dracoshield, 2 Speedwings, and a Spirit Dust. She did cost some turns and at times she did struggle, but she was able to take down Gharnef, so that was pretty good. Her Aura tome was also very useful a lot of the time.

Boah - Good healer. Didn't really do much other than that. His stats were okay, better than Jagen IMO.

Gotoh - Good for Fortify. His Thoron and Swarm tomes helped too.

People I could've used but I didn't:

Wrys - The Thief in Chapter 1 got to his village before I could get there. That thief was also able to limit the range of the Hunter in that chapter, so I decided against getting him.

Jeorge - Getting to his village would've taken too many turns. That's really the only reason.

Est - Again, LTC strategies sort of just prevented me from waiting to recruit her.

Nagi - Gotoh had Fortify. I also wanted the stronger Falchion.

Bantu - Same as Jeorge.

Samson - Same as Jeorge.

Arran - Same as Jeorge.

Anyways, I'm glad that I finally finished this. I'm sorry it took me 2 years to try this do this again. I definitely should've finished this sooner. One thing is for sure though, I will probably never do an H2 draft ever again, especially one like this. I'm not sure if my trial counts anymore but I'll post it in that thread that everyone reports to just to be sure. Thanks.

Edited by ThatGuyDownTheStreet

I don't mind~! CONGRATULATIONS~!

Did you manage to visit the secret shop in Chapters 21 and 24? Stuff like Energy Drops, Spirit Dusts, Speedwings, and Seraph Robes are extremely useful, with Dragonshields and maybe Goddess Icons not far behind. For H2, I usually ditch Paladins in Endgame for Dracoknights, because Medeus doubles both, and Dracoknights get better Defense.

Edited by eclipse